• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:38
CEST 03:38
KST 10:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9631 users

[T] Hajime no Ippo Maifa - Page 137

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 385 Next
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
April 29 2015 13:33 GMT
#2721
On April 29 2015 17:51 Jean Valjean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 13:32 LightningStrike wrote:
Jean Valjean aka Bats: Even thoguh I agreed with him on Breshke early on he been pretty meh and normally a bad player I remember him lynching himself in Student IV and it was funny as hell watching it happen :O


I may be overreacting here so I'm hoping someone actually gives enough shits to step in and comment. This single read erodes whatever town lean I had on LS based off of Holyflare's point regarding Lightningstrike's reaction to rsoultin giving up.

I'm going to break it down.

Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 13:32 LightningStrike wrote:
Jean Valjean aka Bats:

I'm not Bats.

Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 13:32 LightningStrike wrote:
Even thoguh I agreed with him on Breshke early on

Good, my case on Breshke was a strong one.

Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 13:32 LightningStrike wrote:
he been pretty meh

No I haven't. Unless meh means something entirely different where LS comes from. I have been open to challenges about my reads, I have actively presented information and ideas to the thread, including multiple opinions about players backed up by analysis or explanation of why I think what I think. At best it's insulting that he thinks my game has been meh, at worst it simply means he has no idea and "meh" is an easy word to throw in there when talking about a no name player.

Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 13:32 LightningStrike wrote:
and normally a bad player

No I haven't been bad. Yes we don't know if my #1 scumread backed by a strong case is mafia, but we do know that my #2 scumread, also backed by a very strong and factually correct case was mafia. I ended up voting on the correct wagon because of precisely this, I am willing to compromise and my intentions were clear through my posts all throughout day 1. Again, at best this is insulting, and at worst he's just throwing it out there because he hasn't read a single word I've said.

Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 13:32 LightningStrike wrote:
I remember him lynching himself in Student IV and it was funny as hell watching it happen :O

If we ignore the fact that I am not batsnacks, even if I was what the hell would this sentence have to do with his read on me? Why does this matter? Let's pretend LS hadn't written anything about bats because obviously anything written about bats is both irrelevant to the case at hand and doesn't apply to me, being not bats.

So what's left of LS's read on me? I'll post it again.

Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 13:32 LightningStrike wrote:
Even thoguh I agreed with him on Breshke early on he been pretty meh and normally a bad player


Why not just straight up admit he hasn't read me instead of posting that is clearly lying on his part. Both of the statement (meh and bad) can be proven to be false by reading my filter, yet he posts them anyway. The following are the possible reasons for posting what he posted in his list:

#1: He wants to antagonize me to try to get me to respond and get a read on me.

#2: He wants to antagonize me because he's a massive dick

#3: He hasn't read anything I've said but felt like he needed to have an opinion on me.

I see no indication that #1 is true because he threw out a bunch of other "meh" reads in his list. I cannot comment on all of those simply because I don't have the in-depth analysis of everyone involved to be qualified to speak about it. Maybe LS is just an asshole of a player, but I haven't gotten that feeling from his posting so that leaves me to conclude the correct conclusion is #3.

In which case he is mafia because he is making up reads.

I'm voting LS.


Just woke up and I really thought you were bats I knew one of the smurfs were sorry >.> Althoguht you did go into much more detail than most people and a short filter (I had to reread it after seeing your post) and now your up form null to town.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
indignant
Profile Joined April 2015
1028 Posts
April 29 2015 13:33 GMT
#2722
On April 29 2015 22:30 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:30 indignant wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:29 marvellosity wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:28 Xatalos wrote:
indignant is never going to forget the 3P interrogation is he?

it's nice knowing you've done long-lasting psychological damage

HE did???

General "you"

Good. At least you accept responsibility for your actions, fiend.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
April 29 2015 13:35 GMT
#2723
Jean: rsoul does have a point though in the fact that "clean" doesn't generally mean that your posts are perfect, but rather that they're overly constructed and careful instead of genuine.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 29 2015 13:35 GMT
#2724
On April 29 2015 22:33 indignant wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:30 marvellosity wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:30 indignant wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:29 marvellosity wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:28 Xatalos wrote:
indignant is never going to forget the 3P interrogation is he?

it's nice knowing you've done long-lasting psychological damage

HE did???

General "you"

Good. At least you accept responsibility for your actions, fiend.

Obviously. I revel in it ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
April 29 2015 13:37 GMT
#2725
Also Jean to make it clear I normally think of Bats as a bad player after Student IV when he lynched himself it was funny and him going after a Cop for a shitty reasons
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
indignant
Profile Joined April 2015
1028 Posts
April 29 2015 13:40 GMT
#2726
On April 29 2015 22:35 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:33 indignant wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:30 marvellosity wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:30 indignant wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:29 marvellosity wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:28 Xatalos wrote:
indignant is never going to forget the 3P interrogation is he?

it's nice knowing you've done long-lasting psychological damage

HE did???

General "you"

Good. At least you accept responsibility for your actions, fiend.

Obviously. I revel in it ^^

You are a despicable person.
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
April 29 2015 13:46 GMT
#2727
So JAT who you think would be Mafia with Vivax and Sandroba and why?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 29 2015 13:47 GMT
#2728
On April 29 2015 22:46 LightningStrike wrote:
So JAT who you think would be Mafia with Vivax and Sandroba and why?

it would be much more fun if you answered that tbh ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
indignant
Profile Joined April 2015
1028 Posts
April 29 2015 13:48 GMT
#2729
On April 29 2015 22:47 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:46 LightningStrike wrote:
So JAT who you think would be Mafia with Vivax and Sandroba and why?

it would be much more fun if you answered that tbh ^^

Agreed.
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
April 29 2015 13:55 GMT
#2730
On April 29 2015 22:47 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:46 LightningStrike wrote:
So JAT who you think would be Mafia with Vivax and Sandroba and why?

it would be much more fun if you answered that tbh ^^

I would think Shining he fallen off hard I used to him posting more as Town than scum (He only played scum once in Student V) his content doesn't seemed anything special at least rereading his filter. Also Stutters his content was mostly 1 liners and his longer posts is him just gving his opinion on stuff.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
April 29 2015 13:55 GMT
#2731
On April 29 2015 22:55 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:47 marvellosity wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:46 LightningStrike wrote:
So JAT who you think would be Mafia with Vivax and Sandroba and why?

it would be much more fun if you answered that tbh ^^

I would think Shining he fallen off hard I used to him posting more as Town than scum (He only played scum once in Student V) his content doesn't seemed anything special at least after rereading his filter. Also Stutters his content was mostly 1 liners and his longer posts is him just gving his opinion on stuff.

EBWOP: Added a word which I thought I added >.<
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Inspector Javert
Profile Joined April 2015
314 Posts
April 29 2015 14:02 GMT
#2732
On April 29 2015 22:17 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:11 rsoultin wrote:
not sure where the light townread on ij comes from though...?


slight toneread

crazy sl-marv scum-together theory = more like town bats, see Aperture where mafia bats just went after easy-to-go-after targets, town bats usually has the more "interesting" theories

the counterpoint is the really nonsensical vote on yamato given his other reads at the time


This is a pretty good observation. I'll need to work on that next scum game.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 29 2015 14:06 GMT
#2733
On April 29 2015 22:29 Jean Valjean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:16 rsoultin wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:09 Breshke wrote:
On April 29 2015 18:25 Breshke wrote:
Jean do you think im town now or something?

I only chose the correct lynch on mafia as my #2 option for the lynch and not #1. Until Breshke flips it can be argued that I made a mistake, which is not something characterized by mafia who are trying to be holier than thou to gain town credit. So with the correctness thing out of the picture there is very little left in Vivax' scumread on me. At best his accusation is some sort of a tone read I suppose?


This paragraph doesn't really make sense. So you are saying vivax is wrong about your posts being clean (meaning they were right?) because I'm town? You seem to have also dropped interest in pushing me is there a reason I don't really think I have improved my play at all.


Rso did you see this is this paragraph from jean read as weird to you as it dos to me. If you need context i can post the entirety of the post it was posted in if you can't find it.



jean in general seems weird to me?

thus the smurf/newbie? question

as for this read kinda agree with marv lol >< i don't think he actually got what vivax was saying about "clean"

still...the read lacks any comprehension that if someone is already suspicious of you, pushing another case against a player you'd already cased who is getting lynched, and then flips scum, that wouldn't make you look better

so, yeah -_- at best this guy isn't the most logical person?

he even thinks ls saying he's a "bad player" is separate from ls thinking he's bats lol ><


I genuinely dislike you. I don't know if that makes you mafia, but you treat people like shit to try to gain some sort of an intellectual high ground on them when everything you say is at best unsupported and at worst dumb.


xD

so are you saying vivax should townread you for pushing a case against your first case (who did happen to be scum as it turns out) just as the lynch on the first case was gaining traction? xP

the lightningstrike bit is a little more understandable. he runs his sentences together lol ><

i'm sorry if it offended, but -shrugs- doesn't make it untrue
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 29 2015 14:10 GMT
#2734
i will acknowledge that i don't do much in the way of case-building or mass quotes though not my style

bueno

yes, ls, shining is pretty underwhelming...i liked some of what stutters said here and there but i haven't actually gone through his filter so :/ kinda reserving judgment on him for right now. i don't see him being lynched over vivax/sepu at any rate
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 29 2015 14:22 GMT
#2735
meh @ jean

not engaging despite wanting opinions, comes back in and still doesn't engage -_- not sure if that makes him scum but it's not helping with the odd lol

i'll be in and out for a few more hours (not that this is like super important info) then i'm out
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
April 29 2015 14:41 GMT
#2736
On April 29 2015 23:10 rsoultin wrote:
i will acknowledge that i don't do much in the way of case-building or mass quotes though not my style

bueno

yes, ls, shining is pretty underwhelming...i liked some of what stutters said here and there but i haven't actually gone through his filter so :/ kinda reserving judgment on him for right now. i don't see him being lynched over vivax/sepu at any rate

Just woke up, I'm not getting lynched. Vivax is scum.

Catching up.
Jean Valjean
Profile Joined April 2015
France216 Posts
April 29 2015 15:11 GMT
#2737
On April 29 2015 22:30 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 22:29 Jean Valjean wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:16 rsoultin wrote:
On April 29 2015 22:09 Breshke wrote:
On April 29 2015 18:25 Breshke wrote:
Jean do you think im town now or something?

I only chose the correct lynch on mafia as my #2 option for the lynch and not #1. Until Breshke flips it can be argued that I made a mistake, which is not something characterized by mafia who are trying to be holier than thou to gain town credit. So with the correctness thing out of the picture there is very little left in Vivax' scumread on me. At best his accusation is some sort of a tone read I suppose?


This paragraph doesn't really make sense. So you are saying vivax is wrong about your posts being clean (meaning they were right?) because I'm town? You seem to have also dropped interest in pushing me is there a reason I don't really think I have improved my play at all.


Rso did you see this is this paragraph from jean read as weird to you as it dos to me. If you need context i can post the entirety of the post it was posted in if you can't find it.



jean in general seems weird to me?

thus the smurf/newbie? question

as for this read kinda agree with marv lol >< i don't think he actually got what vivax was saying about "clean"

still...the read lacks any comprehension that if someone is already suspicious of you, pushing another case against a player you'd already cased who is getting lynched, and then flips scum, that wouldn't make you look better

so, yeah -_- at best this guy isn't the most logical person?

he even thinks ls saying he's a "bad player" is separate from ls thinking he's bats lol ><


I genuinely dislike you. I don't know if that makes you mafia, but you treat people like shit to try to gain some sort of an intellectual high ground on them when everything you say is at best unsupported and at worst dumb.

why even respond to this instead of the #4 option i presented about your case earlier?

i don't get it


At the time I wasn't around to post anything that was of much value and I just got annoyed at that post by rsoultin.

Regarding your suggestion that maybe he's just bad, I still don't quite get why he would in that case say something that's wrong. Even bad players are capable of just pointing out things that are factually correct. I just think it's weird that he wouldn't simply admit to not having a clue if he didn't. Why is he trying to make it look like he has put more effort into the game than he has? That's what is bothering me.

Maybe I was overreacting and I should just stick to Vivax. There really does exist a reason for Vivax being mafia as I explained in my post about his read against me.

On April 29 2015 22:35 Xatalos wrote:
Jean: rsoul does have a point though in the fact that "clean" doesn't generally mean that your posts are perfect, but rather that they're overly constructed and careful instead of genuine.


Sure but why wouldn't I post in a constructed manner? I think my posts are extremely easy to read and help people process my thoughts in a straightforward manner. Why would I immediately post every thought that comes to me like a blathering monkey instead of presenting the things I have to say in a pleasant and constructed manner?

It's not like using paragraphs makes me mafia, is it?

In His name my task has just begun, I will see it done!
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
April 29 2015 15:11 GMT
#2738
On April 29 2015 20:12 indignant wrote:
Which brings me back to this thing:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2015 03:58 indignant wrote:
On April 28 2015 03:55 Holyflare wrote:
On April 28 2015 03:50 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Vivax is now in my townpile for belligerence/his whole "I'm town and this is how we're doing this" attitude that I only see him employ as town.

It's not a super strong read but I have yet to see him to do this a single time as mafia.


really really disagree with this read

like i don't know how i could disagree more

yeah...

Bad or mafia?


Hey.

Hey.

Go fuck yourself.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
April 29 2015 15:12 GMT
#2739
What do people think of Damdred?
Retired.
indignant
Profile Joined April 2015
1028 Posts
April 29 2015 15:15 GMT
#2740
On April 30 2015 00:11 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 20:12 indignant wrote:
Which brings me back to this thing:
On April 28 2015 03:58 indignant wrote:
On April 28 2015 03:55 Holyflare wrote:
On April 28 2015 03:50 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Vivax is now in my townpile for belligerence/his whole "I'm town and this is how we're doing this" attitude that I only see him employ as town.

It's not a super strong read but I have yet to see him to do this a single time as mafia.


really really disagree with this read

like i don't know how i could disagree more

yeah...

Bad or mafia?


Hey.

Hey.

Go fuck yourself.


Hey.

Hey.

Go do something.
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 385 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings93
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 321
Sharp 54
Bale 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever551
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Other Games
summit1g7476
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0364
ViBE138
ToD81
kaitlyn11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
BasetradeTV162
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 37
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1422
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.