• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:14
CEST 22:14
KST 05:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9411 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 335 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 28 2015 16:46 GMT
#641
On March 29 2015 01:45 Chezitwo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 01:40 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 01:37 WaveofShadow wrote:
But now that I think of it, you think he's scum for playing the way he has for sure?

I mean if you do you're going solely based on meta I assume.

Meta is one part of it. Another is this ridiculous bullshit he said about liking LS rsoultin read. I expect him to not be awful if he is town.

I don't think this is really a very fair interpretation. It didn't seem a particularly bad observation from LS about rsoultin not being as jokey as normal, and I noticed HF had rsoultin on the mafia side too at first.

Really the horrible part of it if it exists is the fact Koshi didn't read rsoultin's posts in question, but it doesn't seem a particularly scummy thing to openly admit that.

A smart man, this shadow of the brown.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
March 28 2015 16:46 GMT
#642
On March 29 2015 01:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
I remember not liking exo btw

Think it was him just saying general shit that has no bearing on anything


We maybe have things in common. I don't like exo for similar reasons as sepulchre:

On March 28 2015 20:48 ExO_ wrote:
I think we're getting a bit distracted. The little squabble HF/Rsoultin is having isn't being productive right now. And while it's important to find scum I think it's more important to focus on who we're electing today. It's a bit rough right now since this game seems to really be off to a slow star and we've yet to here from a lot of people.


On March 28 2015 21:13 ExO_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2015 21:04 Chezitwo wrote:
On March 28 2015 20:48 ExO_ wrote:
I think we're getting a bit distracted. The little squabble HF/Rsoultin is having isn't being productive right now. And while it's important to find scum I think it's more important to focus on who we're electing today. It's a bit rough right now since this game seems to really be off to a slow star and we've yet to here from a lot of people.

This is very wrong. The little squabble is one of the only things I've managed to get a lean out of someone one way or another, so it's one of the most useful things that's happened in the thread.

And if you find mafia, you know who to elect.

You cannot possibly know who to elect without finding mafia.


You could argue it's the same thing, but you need to find town more than mafia (for this particular day 1 setup). 3 really townie people specifically. I'd say its easier and more important to focus on finding and electing the 3 most townie people.

In my opinion getting really solid reads on scum is damn near impossible on day 1. It's a crapshoot of people spewing meta reads and bullshit. However I think certain people almost always stick out as super townie. Right now I'm not seeing the super town people. So until I think we're in the right direction as far getting townies elected that's what I'm going to focus on.


He would rather focus on the election than finding scum. Also he says getting really solid scum reads day 1 is near impossible, he says day 1 is "a crapshoot of people spewing meta reads and bullshit," yet he believes we will almost certainly be able to find 3 highly probable townies.

I don't think finding 3 probable towns is easier than finding 1 probable scum, especially if day 1 is "a crapshoot of people spewing meta reads and bullshit." How do you even find townies without scumhunting first?

Chezitwo is correct one can not possibly know who to elect without finding scum FIRST. It is the most important thing to focus on.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 28 2015 16:47 GMT
#643
On March 29 2015 01:45 Koshi wrote:
If JAT can't answer the above I will just peace out till he or me died.

You know JAT is just gonna be belligerent about it and push. That's what he do.
Are you setting yourself up to peace out?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 28 2015 16:47 GMT
#644
On March 29 2015 01:45 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 01:40 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 01:37 WaveofShadow wrote:
But now that I think of it, you think he's scum for playing the way he has for sure?

I mean if you do you're going solely based on meta I assume.

Meta is one part of it. Another is this ridiculous bullshit he said about liking LS rsoultin read. I expect him to not be awful if he is town.

Ok. Hard not to flame when people say the bolded.
Fact is I am town. So why is it ridiculous bullshit?


Explain why it is ridiculous bullshit when you assume I am town.

I explained myself:
"Koshi thought it made sense and right before LS said it Koshi wanted to vote somebody who made sense."

So it was a sign of God I should vote LS.

If I assume that you are town then you just randomly called a post smart even if you didn't read what the person making it was actually talking about which is asinine.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 28 2015 16:48 GMT
#645
Called it
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 28 2015 16:48 GMT
#646
On March 29 2015 01:45 Chezitwo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 01:40 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 01:37 WaveofShadow wrote:
But now that I think of it, you think he's scum for playing the way he has for sure?

I mean if you do you're going solely based on meta I assume.

Meta is one part of it. Another is this ridiculous bullshit he said about liking LS rsoultin read. I expect him to not be awful if he is town.

I don't think this is really a very fair interpretation. It didn't seem a particularly bad observation from LS about rsoultin not being as jokey as normal, and I noticed HF had rsoultin on the mafia side too at first.

Really the horrible part of it if it exists is the fact Koshi didn't read rsoultin's posts in question, but it doesn't seem a particularly scummy thing to openly admit that.

That's exactly what I am getting at.
Chezitwo
Profile Joined January 2015
United States553 Posts
March 28 2015 16:49 GMT
#647
It's the second half of the sentence that's the clincher, though.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 28 2015 16:50 GMT
#648
Sometimes I miss playing mafia
VE why couldn't we be 3Pbros again
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 28 2015 16:50 GMT
#649
On March 29 2015 01:49 Chezitwo wrote:
It's the second half of the sentence that's the clincher, though.

meh
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
March 28 2015 16:55 GMT
#650
ebwop my last post: it's "easier" (don't know if that's the right wqord) for mafia to find town than mafia.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 28 2015 16:55 GMT
#651
On March 29 2015 01:26 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 01:22 Damdred wrote:
On March 29 2015 01:06 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 01:05 Damdred wrote:
Hello my friends I am finally here and the time to rejoice is near. Sadly my late entrance has led me to believe that I should not try to garner votes because I think a good plan is in place and HF is looking at some good things currently and hes currently in the lead for my vote (I love you hf)

As such, besides HF I have a few good town reads currently that are somewhat for bad reasons. But i'm here now, so any questions shoot them my way if you want anything directive.

@LS Do you think Rsoultin is scum in this situation? I think I have a good read on you and i'm checking rsoultin out currently what do you think overall? Any other good reads?


What good townreads are you talking about? What good things is HF looking at?


I like Exo, LS, HF and you JAT right now without looking at filters.

I liked the way HF is going in the thread, I liked the way he handled the Ls and RS thing. And just recently him saying its boring reminded me of town HF. Also when he was talking with Oneg about mechanics and HF wanted us to ignore them and just focus on finding scum that to me seemed like a good way to approach this.

What do you like about Exo, LS and JAT without looking at filters?


I liked Exos initial interactions about his plan and reasoning for not leading town.

LS isn't lazy and its meta at this point and going after RS is town alighned

JAT says smart things and is pressuring people
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 28 2015 16:57 GMT
#652
People should realize that it was Koshi who made it clear he didn't read the initial rsoultin post.

Now people should find out why mafia!Koshi would say this line. If they can't. Why wouldn't it just be town Koshi be telling the truth that he just voted for LS because he took the line Ls said at face value and found it smart sounding right after Koshi said he would vote somebody smart.


But hey.

Continue being terrible and lynching me for doing something lazy. Because it isn't morethan that. And is it lazy really? I never said LS was town or rsoultin mafia. I wasn't even reading the game. Which I made clear before that. It's just awful play by you people.

Can you proof I was hardtrying before I made my LS vote? That I was hardtrying before I said I didn't even read the rsoultin post in question? I clearly wasn't giving a single fuck.

Now JAT wants to lynch me because I said something that indicates I wasn't tryharding WHILE NOTHING IN THIS THREAD points towards me tryharding.


I would be mafia if I was tryharding and then did something extremely lazy. But I wasn't tryharding so there is no reason to assume I am not town being lazy.


But w.e.

I think this is my final defense about this matter. If you continue to think I am amifa for it you are vvery bad. I did nothing "mafialike". I did something "wrong" and you think it is mafia while it isn't. It was just minorly lazy in a game I clearly was being lazy in. It is fucking nothing.
I had a good night of sleep.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 28 2015 16:57 GMT
#653
On March 29 2015 01:43 Koshi wrote:
If anywhere in the game LS turns out to be scum. Look at the ^people who jumped on me for liking what he said.


you realise he meta's as scum too right?

so why would that have any effect on people jumping on you when it is totally just?
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 28 2015 16:58 GMT
#654
and I am saying JAT but there are others exually terrible as JAT. Exo Damdred Onegu etc etc etc
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 28 2015 16:58 GMT
#655
Ohyeah Holyflare.
I had a good night of sleep.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
March 28 2015 17:00 GMT
#656
@ koshi


Hey, don't write yourself off yet.
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
Just do your best (just do your best), do everything you can (do everything you can).
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.
Try TL Mafia!!!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 28 2015 17:00 GMT
#657
On March 29 2015 01:57 Koshi wrote:

Now JAT wants to lynch me because I said something that indicates I wasn't tryharding WHILE NOTHING IN THIS THREAD points towards me tryharding.


I would be mafia if I was tryharding and then did something extremely lazy. But I wasn't tryharding so there is no reason to assume I am not town being lazy.


But w.e.

I think this is my final defense about this matter. If you continue to think I am amifa for it you are vvery bad. I did nothing "mafialike". I did something "wrong" and you think it is mafia while it isn't. It was just minorly lazy in a game I clearly was being lazy in. It is fucking nothing.

I did never ever say you were tryharding and the fact that you aren't is not a point in your favor. It is more than just being lazy to do what you did. It is plain retarded if you are town. But you are right - discussing this further is pretty useless. Do other stuff and I might reevaluate you. If you just piece out I am happily lynching you though.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 28 2015 17:01 GMT
#658
On March 29 2015 01:57 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 01:43 Koshi wrote:
If anywhere in the game LS turns out to be scum. Look at the ^people who jumped on me for liking what he said.


you realise he meta's as scum too right?

so why would that have any effect on people jumping on you when it is totally just?

Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 28 2015 17:03 GMT
#659
i don't care if you're just going to be a whiney bitch koshi, you got called out on something that doesn't make sense if you know ls' meta and then shut down and afk'd

it's not really atonement for past sins if your past sins were being shit and the way you atone is by being even more shit is it?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 28 2015 17:04 GMT
#660
you weren't even shit to begin with to be honest you were just aggressively pushing things that made "sense" but weren't right, which isn't even wrong (although obnoxious)

just be more personable and fluid this game and post reads and stuff? that's how you atone
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 335 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O103
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason96
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16413
Mini 369
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 129
ggaemo 110
firebathero 102
ZZZero.O 88
Terrorterran 16
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift2045
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2794
fl0m1039
Beastyqt867
mouzStarbuck300
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie709
• Shiphtur263
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 47m
INu's Battles
15h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.