• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:26
CEST 05:26
KST 12:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8241 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 19:31 GMT
#1816
On March 30 2015 04:18 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?


no hapa still, that post was awful, his reads aren't "non committal" like hapa is stating, he town reads ls quite hard and has the same read on hapa as everyone else in the game and same with hts (before someone found out her pre-game excuse or w/e)

he also says that town generally like to find mafia first and his first post was that trfel called sicklucker mafia......?

i don't get it at all


Also, it's worth commenting that Trefel isn't "hard town-reading LS". The statement "I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum" does not sounds like a strong town read.

Furthermore, you're not really understanding what I"m trying to say about Trefl in general. Sicklucker post was good on its own. Paired with the 2nd, it is bad.

He calls sicklucker mafia, as well as a couple of other people. Instead of developing his other reads when sicklucker claims 3p, he gets super comfortable with lynching sicklucker. That 'aint good.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 19:41 GMT
#1830
On March 30 2015 04:32 Keirathi wrote:
Yo Hapa, am I scum? Gogo.


Probably not.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:13 GMT
#1896
Other than Trefl, the people that stuck out to me were Wave and Sepul

On March 28 2015 08:27 Sepulchre wrote:
Thinking about it, the cleric is probably the most important role of the three.
I'm not very concerned about the rogue, the no-lynch is practically impossible to use without him eating rope the next day.

So I will focus on getting town people on positions 3 and 1. Finding mafia would be a plus, but seems secondary.


This is the "infamous" post I suppose. I dont' necessarily think he's mafia for prioritizing the mayoral voting. I can see a newer townie player do that.

What I find interesting is that he prioritizes finding townies for "positions 3 and 1", and then...

On March 29 2015 21:57 Sepulchre wrote:
@Holyflare's listpost: I disagree heavily with batsnacks, I'd put him next to WaveofShadow personally. I'm somewhat okay with the rest of the list to varying degrees.

The two people who said Hapahauli is a Jester-type role I read as very town. It fits perfectly the kind of wtf play he has been doing and I think no mafia would say that in this situation - Hapahauli was (and is I suppose) the prime lynch target and as mafia they wouldn't care one bit about that, so long as it's not a mafia member getting lynched.

Between rsoultin and VayneAuthority I think VayneAuthority seems like the smarter guy. So I'll vote him now since I can't fully guarantee being back before the deadline.


... proceeds to vote Vayne for the slimmest of reasons. There's no indication that he thinks Vayne is town. He just kinda votes him because "he seems smarter", which is not what I'd expect given his first post.



Wave's play this game feels a lot more "conversational" than anything else. It doesn't feel like he's persuing anything seriously; he's just going around and talking to people, building up a 5 page filter in the process.

He's giving out townreads to virtually anyone active and talking to him. Very little in the way of scum-reads.

Read his filter and get a feel for it. It's difficult to post specific things when talking about his general behavior.

a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:13 GMT
#1899
Hm well I'm mostly caught up. If anyone has anything to ask, I'll be around for a while.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:15 GMT
#1907
On March 30 2015 05:15 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 05:03 Koshi wrote:
kita/bh/hapa are mafia.

I forgot WoS. That guy is seriously mafia.


I will bus...

ALL MY TEAMMATES
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:20 GMT
#1928
On March 30 2015 05:16 Holyflare wrote:
hapa is totes trying to buddy me by copying what i said already


Well you literally say everything.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:20 GMT
#1932
On March 30 2015 05:20 Koshi wrote:
Hapa, you are still mafia because if I am wrong on everything you are just sheeping thread sentiment.


I woudl be sheeping thread sentiment if I called myself mafia.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:30 GMT
#1957
On March 30 2015 05:25 Keirathi wrote:
So Hapa:

Why did you fuck off for the last 44 hours? You obviously were around and varying points and still did absolutely nothing. What gives?


I had a fairly busy two days, so I was actively trying to detach myself from the thread to preserve my sanity. To force myself to "not give a shit" if you will. I really didn't want to be thinking about this mafia game for the last two days.

It certainly worked. Personally anyway. As for the negative effects, I think ~50 hours is plenty of time to get suspicion off of me.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:34 GMT
#1967
No no, not lynching BH.

Bad JAT. Bad.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:38 GMT
#1976
On March 30 2015 05:36 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 05:34 Hapahauli wrote:
No no, not lynching BH.

Bad JAT. Bad.

This will surely change my mind.


Is BH-trolling alignment indicative?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:41 GMT
#1979
On March 30 2015 05:40 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 05:38 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 05:36 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 30 2015 05:34 Hapahauli wrote:
No no, not lynching BH.

Bad JAT. Bad.

This will surely change my mind.


Is BH-trolling alignment indicative?

No, but him being the way he is towards Koshi is. It reminds me of his behaviour towards me in YOSO and also of some cell game he was mafia in (?).


For someone who bitches about bad meta reads, you have a lot of bad meta reads.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 20:46 GMT
#1988
On March 30 2015 05:46 Chezitwo wrote:
The irony is palpable


This man for Warrior.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:17 GMT
#2028
On March 30 2015 06:06 Crossfire99 wrote:
Why does it seem like we are getting away from a Hapa lynch?

Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 05:30 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 05:25 Keirathi wrote:
So Hapa:

Why did you fuck off for the last 44 hours? You obviously were around and varying points and still did absolutely nothing. What gives?


I had a fairly busy two days, so I was actively trying to detach myself from the thread to preserve my sanity. To force myself to "not give a shit" if you will. I really didn't want to be thinking about this mafia game for the last two days.

It certainly worked. Personally anyway. As for the negative effects, I think ~50 hours is plenty of time to get suspicion off of me.


Why didn't you tell us this previously? This just seems like an retroactive explanation for why you actively refused to play. If you were really busy, tell us then instead of making the purposely trolly posts which show you are "following" the thread but are just refusing to play.


I've tried stuff like that before. In many games, I post pre-game that "oh, I won't be as active because I'm busy etc etc", and then I end up try-harding anyway because I can't get the game off my mind.

So I tried something different. Woop.

But the main reason that people are moving away from my lynch is that it's generally really fucking obvious to tell if I'm mafia when I'm posting for an extended amount of time. In 48 hours, it should be pretty easy to tell my alignment. And if for whatever reason it isn't, my role allows me to kill myself on Day 3, so I'll save you from lynching me if I don't do my job.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:21 GMT
#2044
On March 30 2015 06:19 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:06 Crossfire99 wrote:
Why does it seem like we are getting away from a Hapa lynch?

On March 30 2015 05:30 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 05:25 Keirathi wrote:
So Hapa:

Why did you fuck off for the last 44 hours? You obviously were around and varying points and still did absolutely nothing. What gives?


I had a fairly busy two days, so I was actively trying to detach myself from the thread to preserve my sanity. To force myself to "not give a shit" if you will. I really didn't want to be thinking about this mafia game for the last two days.

It certainly worked. Personally anyway. As for the negative effects, I think ~50 hours is plenty of time to get suspicion off of me.


Why didn't you tell us this previously? This just seems like an retroactive explanation for why you actively refused to play. If you were really busy, tell us then instead of making the purposely trolly posts which show you are "following" the thread but are just refusing to play.


I've tried stuff like that before. In many games, I post pre-game that "oh, I won't be as active because I'm busy etc etc", and then I end up try-harding anyway because I can't get the game off my mind.

So I tried something different. Woop.

But the main reason that people are moving away from my lynch is that it's generally really fucking obvious to tell if I'm mafia when I'm posting for an extended amount of time. In 48 hours, it should be pretty easy to tell my alignment. And if for whatever reason it isn't, my role allows me to kill myself on Day 3, so I'll save you from lynching me if I don't do my job.


We have no reason to believe you'll actually kill yourself. >:|


The Day 3 thing is the most irrelevant thing in my post.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:22 GMT
#2050
On March 30 2015 06:21 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:06 Crossfire99 wrote:
Why does it seem like we are getting away from a Hapa lynch?

On March 30 2015 05:30 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 05:25 Keirathi wrote:
So Hapa:

Why did you fuck off for the last 44 hours? You obviously were around and varying points and still did absolutely nothing. What gives?


I had a fairly busy two days, so I was actively trying to detach myself from the thread to preserve my sanity. To force myself to "not give a shit" if you will. I really didn't want to be thinking about this mafia game for the last two days.

It certainly worked. Personally anyway. As for the negative effects, I think ~50 hours is plenty of time to get suspicion off of me.


Why didn't you tell us this previously? This just seems like an retroactive explanation for why you actively refused to play. If you were really busy, tell us then instead of making the purposely trolly posts which show you are "following" the thread but are just refusing to play.


I've tried stuff like that before. In many games, I post pre-game that "oh, I won't be as active because I'm busy etc etc", and then I end up try-harding anyway because I can't get the game off my mind.

So I tried something different. Woop.

But the main reason that people are moving away from my lynch is that it's generally really fucking obvious to tell if I'm mafia when I'm posting for an extended amount of time. In 48 hours, it should be pretty easy to tell my alignment. And if for whatever reason it isn't, my role allows me to kill myself on Day 3, so I'll save you from lynching me if I don't do my job.

I agree that it is really obvious to tell if you're mafia, but allowing to let you live if you're mafia is allowing you to use your role, allowing a potential mislynch to replace your lynch, so I'm not sold on the wait and see approach.


Tunneling won't get us anywhere. Consider the alternatives in my filter and tell me what you think.

Trefl, Sepul, and Wave.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:24 GMT
#2056
Trefl please.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:27 GMT
#2062
On March 30 2015 06:25 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:21 Damdred wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:19 LightningStrike wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:17 Damdred wrote:
LS why not rs here I'm pretty sure she's town?

Rs who is your lynch?

I trust JAT since I know he's a smart player and I do think both of them are town I just think JAT might be the better leader.


IDK I think you should vote rsoultin. Who would you lynch today

Hapa because what I said in his filter he done jack shit early on and the fact that he only decided to play with very little time left in the Day I think it fits more of a scum type of play to do stuff at EoD area.


It's fairly disconcerting that you have such a strong read without taking any effort to talk to me in the past two hours.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:32 GMT
#2078
On March 30 2015 06:30 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:27 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:25 LightningStrike wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:21 Damdred wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:19 LightningStrike wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:17 Damdred wrote:
LS why not rs here I'm pretty sure she's town?

Rs who is your lynch?

I trust JAT since I know he's a smart player and I do think both of them are town I just think JAT might be the better leader.


IDK I think you should vote rsoultin. Who would you lynch today

Hapa because what I said in his filter he done jack shit early on and the fact that he only decided to play with very little time left in the Day I think it fits more of a scum type of play to do stuff at EoD area.


It's fairly disconcerting that you have such a strong read without taking any effort to talk to me in the past two hours.

Let's see I had read your filter and talked to others about you. Why should I consider you to be town?


Agreeing or disagreeing with my reads is a start. I really dont' care if you consider me town right now. I don't have the time luxury for that.

I'm more interested in why I'm your top target, and yet you've made no attempt to interact with me until I prodded you to do so.

Your top scumread starts posting 2.5 hours ago. Is it not natural to want to talk to said "top scumread?"
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:36 GMT
#2091
On March 30 2015 06:32 Koshi wrote:
That being said. I have 0 problems with a snarf shot. But I need to know why the fuck we are lynching him because I haven't heard anybody say something really smart about a snarf lynch.

kita hapa hf JAT

What are your opinions on this snarf lynch?

I want them on paper. I want to read them.


Eh. I think he looks "objectively bad." First post is a "say nothing" intro post, followed by a great deal of weak town reads.

That being said, it makes sense that he'd do something like this, given that his priorities today seem to be voting for a "town" lynch party.

I think lynching him is a coinflip. Not a terrible coinflip, but I'd lynch Trfel or Sepul over him any day. WoS... I'd like to see him alive another day as I think there's some margin for error in my read there.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:38 GMT
#2098
On March 30 2015 06:34 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
[*]As mafia, sicklucker's claim is intended to try to get elected to the adventuring party, and to explain why he is not night killed in this game.


Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
Sicklucker didn't make any effort to push his campaign for the adventuring party.


Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
sicklucker himself stated that he never gets night killed.


Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:31 Hapahauli wrote:
Furthermore, you're not really understanding what I"m trying to say about Trefl in general. Sicklucker post was good on its own. Paired with the 2nd, it is bad.


While I share your opinion about Trefl, I don't understand how you can say the sicklucker post was good on its own.

Based on the three quotes above, how does the justification for a mafia sicklucker look good, when he refutes it in his own set of posts?

As I was telling HF, your townyness usually becomes apparent if you actually put effort in the game and get shot shortly after. Do you intend to use PMs to their fullest extent tonight and be active on day two or do you anticipate being unavailable?


I largely used the word "good" in the sense that it looked good on its face, and the reason I was suspicious of Trfel was for reasons other than his case. I agree his justification for reading sicklucker as mafia is the best, but there's no inherent mafia motive in bad reasoning.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 236
NeuroSwarm 182
FoxeR 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3487
Leta 1844
Bale 61
Shine 17
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g8062
JimRising 579
WinterStarcraft436
ViBE147
Mew2King19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick657
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 19
• davetesta15
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo740
Other Games
• Scarra1056
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 34m
Patches Events
11h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 34m
OSC
19h 34m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.