• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:01
CEST 05:01
KST 12:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7749 users

Newbie Student Mafia VII - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 16:53 GMT
#1468
Ugh, I suppose I'm not so sure that I want to lynch Stutters695 any more, either. While I feel that is prplhz read is wrong and the information he presents is also wrong, he has been very forceful about it. The initial reason for scumreading Stutters695 (not driving discussion) isn't as valid any more. Stutters695 could be scum here, but I'd like to give him some more time.

##vote The Shining

I demonstrated previously why I don't like The Shining's posting to this point. It's possible that he is just busy, but I feel that he has a fairly good chance of flipping scum. I'll take another look at his, Ace1312's, and Bourneq's filters in a bit, hopefully. Right now, I need to head out for lunch.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 17:55 GMT
#1486
I was away at lunch. I don't have much more time at all.

What I did do is I took (arguably) the most suspicious part of prplhz's filter, and I showed why I view it as towny.

I don't see at all why prplhz would decide to switch to Stutters695 to mislynch him instead of plotspot. I mean, I suppose it's possible, but I don't think that this is something that mafia would want to do, as the gain feels minimal, while the amount of work required is much more. Getting the lynch off of plotspot wasn't very likely anyway. I just don't think that the mafia motivation to do this is significant.
On April 15 2015 02:14 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2015 12:45 Tubesock wrote:
Well, I can still lynch Dwarf. I'm thinking about Prplhz. I don't understand why he's so hard defending him. Well, I mean I see his reasons. But why were Plot and Bourneq any different? Or Stutters prior to his Prp case? My tinfoil is saying that he set up the shenany to set up a mlynch the next day. It's pretty easy to see that EoD weirdness will get a lot of talk. We've done nothing but scum random people all for the same reasons.


Directed at Trfel - this is the quote to support what he was working through.
I just don't see it. Prplhz gave reasons. At this point, he was sort of acting on feel as well (everyone was). Yes, he could have feasibly chosen anyone in Tubesock's list to switch votes to, but he provided his reasons for doing so, so it doesn't matter? Given the chances he had of getting the Stutters695 lynch, there's next to zero mafia motivation at all for the play that he made.

I don't think that Stutters695 presented a valid case at all. I think that his case is a misrepresentation of prplhz's play, and I arrive at the exact opposite conclusion.

As for prplhz's stances on TheBloodyDwarf and Bourneq, I don't think it's terribly significant at this time. He sees two new players, objectively inexperienced. One of them, he sees where their play is coming from, and he townreads them, while the other he scumreads. This is plausible enough. Also, were I scum with TheBloodyDwarf, I would just bus him. He's not really worth defending, unless he's the roleblocker, and maybe even then. TheBloodyDwarf stands a good chance of being lynched at some point in the game, and if he does flip scum, prplhz will look very bad for his defense.

Yes, it's possible that his push on Stutters695 was done as scum. Yes, it's possible that prplhz is scum with TheBloodyDwarf and is thus defending him while trying to get Bourneq lynched. But neither of those reasons really implicate him. And concluding that prplhz is scum because of this ignores the rest of his filter, in which he has been extremely active and has been trying to solve the game. I don't see why it should be assumed that these actions are scummy, when they could just as easily (if not moreso) come from town, given prplhz's overall filter level.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 18:01 GMT
#1487
Stutters695, I disagree. He showed more willingness to lynch you than others, even if his primary goal was probably avoiding lynching plotspot. He stayed around and kept playing until people seemed willing to switch to you, and then left. Basically, he left after deciding where his vote should be. Given prplhz's behavior before his vote switch, he seemed very eager to switch votes (I don't think that he is the type of player to run around screaming with all caps).
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 18:06 GMT
#1489
Yeah, Half the Sky, I'm sorry for being gone for so long.

I just don't have much time today at all. I spend yesterday catching up on the thread, which took basically the whole day. And today, I only have an hour and a half to actually prepare for the lynch.

I was townreading Breshke earlier, but maybe people are on to something, as it seems that a lot of people want to lynch him. I'll spend maybe ten minutes looking at him now, but perhaps that is something for people to look in to.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 18:22 GMT
#1491
Ok, I need to head out. Yay for being still in school.......

See you guys (hopefully) before the deadline.

Final note, did anyone else find The Shining's phrasing weird?
On April 15 2015 02:35 The Shining wrote:
I have absolutely 0 chance of flipping scum.
Imagine, if you are town, I don't think this is the natural phrasing. I would say "I am town" or "I am not scum". It's not terribly important, but it seems a little off to me.

I'll take a look at what The Shining does between now and the deadline (assuming I get a chance), but he hasn't done anything that makes me want to keep him alive yet.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:23 GMT
#1535
What's happening?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:25 GMT
#1538
I think it's best to just bury The Shining. I don't really see him being town here. I'm still on page 76, so maybe the next page will change things, but.....
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:27 GMT
#1542
I'm pretty confident that prplhz is town here.

The only thing to the contrary is that perhaps he is capable of more than I expect. He played quite well in XXX mafia (as town), so maybe his scum game is better than I have been led to believe. But even so, his play in this game has seemed rather townie.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:28 GMT
#1545
On April 15 2015 05:26 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2015 05:23 Trfel wrote:
What's happening?

Im just waiting to see are you guys going to lynch me so I can do my final post and waste my vote.
I don't think it's that hard for you to avoid being lynched here (assuming you are town). Just stick with it.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:29 GMT
#1546
On April 15 2015 05:28 Breshke wrote:
RSO could easily be scum here for thinking i was town enough to vote shining straight after i do.basically cheerleadering.me then trying to wagon me with shining when she thinks i.womt rock up.
It's possible that rsoultin is scum, but that's not something I care to go into at this time. For obvious reasons.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:32 GMT
#1551
On April 15 2015 05:30 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
I really feel bad tho. People asking me what I think and why I dont post scumhunting. Simple fact is that I don't really find anybody scummy. I only see if people are active or not and are they answering questions. Pretty bad at analyzing posts :/

I hardly remember who is scumhunting who and who they were scumhunting.
If you avoid being lynched today, I'm sure we can help you with this after the deadline. Taking notes could help a lot.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:35 GMT
#1557
Shoot, I gotta talk to someone.....

May not be back until End of Day. Or at least, I'll be distracted.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:42 GMT
#1566
On April 15 2015 05:39 rsoultin wrote:
##vote: Breshke

i'll consolidate on dwarf or maybe bourne if i have to, but i'm not lynching prp or shining today
NO YOU NEED TO LYNCH THE SHINING

GIVE ME A BIT I WILL SHOW YOU WHY

I CANT REALLY PLAY RIGHT NOW BUT LYNCH THE SHINING
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:45 GMT
#1571
LYNCH THE SHINING
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:50 GMT
#1581
The Shining

On April 12 2015 15:15 The Shining wrote:
Woah. 49 pages D1/N1 on a newbie student game. Woohoo!

I get to read the entire game up to this point with no breaks. In all its glory. I'm thinking I'll find our first scum. Wish me luck.

Inb4 useless entry post. Never replaced before so idc.
On April 12 2015 15:47 The Shining wrote:
Sort of. Top of page 23. At this pace, I should be caught up before EoN though, provided I don't fall asleep lol.

Nice to see you again, JJB. I came in dead set on nailing you in particular if I read you as scum at all(See: our last game together). I'm really hoping your alignment is diff this time around lol.
Again, The Shining is reading 16 pages in about 30 minutes. He hasn't read the game very carefully at all. However, he doesn't seem to suggest that at all, he's trying to appear to be at full capability.

He provides a preliminary series of reads. They are as follows:
  • Stutters695 looks bad because of mentioning Ace1312 as a fallback lynch, and because his reads are different from The Shining's reads (which he hasn't provided any reasons for whatsoever at this time, and which is a terrible reason to scumread anyone)
  • Noncommittal townreads on rsoultin and jarjarbinks (minimal reasoning)
  • Townreads Tubesock for his post on TheBloodyDwarf
  • Suspicious of TheBloodyDwarf (only potential reason mentioned is Tubesock's post)
  • Noncommittal nullreads on Onegu, Half the Sky, and Bourneq

And then he leaves. He hasn't done anything whatsoever that is hard to do, he's provided almost no reasoning and no original thought. Also note that he hasn't hinted at all about his activity being lacking, he's discussed reading the thread, and hasn't used his replacing as an excuse at all. In fact, he seems optimistic.

Then, suddenly, he comes back while there is a threat of him being lynched, less than four hours to the deadline. Suddenly he's blaming activity a ton, suddenly he's trying to do things. This doesn't look good at all. The Shining is scum.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:53 GMT
#1587
Rsoultin, swap to The Shining.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:56 GMT
#1594
On April 15 2015 05:54 rsoultin wrote:
not gonna

i explicitly said i'm not fucking lynching prp or shining today
And I don't care, because I don't like your reasons for not lynching The Shining?

He simply isn't doing anything that I find impressive. He's been inconsistent for how much he blames his availability and his replacing into the game, to the level where I feel that he's trying to survive instead of trying to catch scum.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:58 GMT
#1601
On April 15 2015 05:56 The Shining wrote:
Breshke Trfel team? Trying to save BD?
This isn't something that a townie jumps to at this time, before the flip. Town waits for the flip and then says this (or it's an obvious possibility, if he dies).

This is something that a scum does to discredit his wagon. There's no reason to suddenly ignore everything else in the thread and randomly call out a full scum team.

The Shining is mafia.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 20:59 GMT
#1604
If I must choose between a townread and a null read, I choose a null read.

Not very pleased with you guys.

##unvote
##vote TheBloodyDwarf
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 14 2015 21:00 GMT
#1608
On April 15 2015 05:59 Breshke wrote:
sorry trefel i think tbd is more likely town than prp and scummers probaly on tbd wagon
But prplhz is town. So I don't care about wagon quality.

Of course scum is on TheBloodyDwarf, it's the easy mislynch.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 231
NeuroSwarm 186
FoxeR 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2978
Leta 1453
Bale 59
Other Games
summit1g7984
JimRising 558
WinterStarcraft338
ViBE142
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• davetesta20
• Light_VIP 17
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo373
Other Games
• Scarra1037
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 59m
Patches Events
11h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 59m
OSC
19h 59m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.