• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:51
CEST 22:51
KST 05:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7831 users

TL Mafia LXX: Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 20:42 GMT
#2733
What I'm saying it doesn't make Toad necessarily scum, but one of them probably is and I'm fine with lynching for dumb. I thought he was mafia anyway.

My vote remains well placed
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 20:44 GMT
#2735
Like everyone is stupid and don't realize cc-ing as a vig is a dumb-as-fuck play, there is a chance Toad is stupid like everyone else. I haven't read back but if me pointing this out is the first person to say it there is also a chance that Toad simply didn't think of it.

Then again, I'm rolling the dice on Toad. I'm just hedging.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 20:45 GMT
#2741
On March 21 2015 05:40 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 05:39 Palmar wrote:
On March 21 2015 05:38 Toadesstern wrote:
On March 21 2015 05:36 Palmar wrote:
why did Toad even counterclaim, couldn't he just find an alternative lynch and shoot vivax in the night?

I have a 100% confirmed mafia in Vivax that I can 1-1 trade with. You're telling me you wouldn't go for that?

Sure you would.

You would

step 1: Shut the fuck up.
step 2: murder him in the night.

See, dead mafia!

Or I tell people to not leave Vivax, get a mafia lynched and still shoot into mafia in the night and mafia has to KP as well as RB me?

Yeah that's a terrible plan.

Well if you're town you got us a 1 for 1! Grats. Sorry you're going to have to be the first 1 though.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 20:46 GMT
#2747
On March 21 2015 05:44 Superbia wrote:
Am I the only one who currently thinks that the most likely scenario is that they're both town?

No that's super unlikely.

You can't mess around with KP roles in terms of balance as you can with normal roles. Mafia doesn't have a single defensive role (doc, vet) so no. I don't think we have a double percy situation here.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 20:47 GMT
#2749
On March 21 2015 05:45 ExO_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 05:44 Palmar wrote:
Like everyone is stupid and don't realize cc-ing as a vig is a dumb-as-fuck play, there is a chance Toad is stupid like everyone else. I haven't read back but if me pointing this out is the first person to say it there is also a chance that Toad simply didn't think of it.

Then again, I'm rolling the dice on Toad. I'm just hedging.


CCing as vig might be dumb as fuck (though idk if I agree), but CCing vig As mafia is infinitely dumber.

In what world does mafia toad CC vig? It makes 0 sense.


So the conclusion is that Toad is dumb?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 20:50 GMT
#2761
On March 21 2015 05:47 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 05:44 Palmar wrote:
Like everyone is stupid and don't realize cc-ing as a vig is a dumb-as-fuck play, there is a chance Toad is stupid like everyone else. I haven't read back but if me pointing this out is the first person to say it there is also a chance that Toad simply didn't think of it.

Then again, I'm rolling the dice on Toad. I'm just hedging.


You are the first person. Here's what happened, but go read it yourself:

1) Vivax (fake)claims Vig shortly before deadlien for maximum confusion
2) I tell people to stop taking it seriously because vig can be fakeclaimed by anyone. There's no alignment cop, mafia can even fake it without being vig themselves
3) I tell people to get the fuck back on Vivax because his claim is bullshit
4) Noone cares and people unvote people
5) I am furious knowing that I am vig myself and won't let him get out of this one. He literally claimed mafia

Now I know you hate me but if you want to look even ever so slightly townish go stop that bullshit of yours and vote Vivax.

Typing this out on the slim chance of me actually being wrong about you being mafia like everyone else seems to try and tell me....

I literally don't hate you.

I just think you're mafia. Or dumb.

It's the eternal question.

Bad or scum
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 20:53 GMT
#2771
rayn highlighting all the townies, cool!

Not sure Toad is town though rayn.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:05 GMT
#2790
change that "would" to "should" and I'm entirely correct again toad.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:08 GMT
#2799
I honestly don't know by the way. I don't think they're both vigis.

I do appreciate that there is no need for scumToad to counterclaim this, it makes literally no sense. I do question though why he counterclaimed this, because shooting Vivax in the night seems MUCH cleaner.

Maybe mafia really wants VivaxVig dead? or maybe Toad is town and didn't apply brain to game.

I thought I had a good point about toad earlier in the game and I though he overreacted when I pointed it out. I honestly don't know. Like I would totally counterclaim Vivax as mafia, but I also understand that not everyone plays mafia as recklessly as I do. I have no idea if it's within Toad's range.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:11 GMT
#2810
On March 21 2015 06:09 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 06:08 Palmar wrote:
I honestly don't know by the way. I don't think they're both vigis.

I do appreciate that there is no need for scumToad to counterclaim this, it makes literally no sense. I do question though why he counterclaimed this, because shooting Vivax in the night seems MUCH cleaner.

Maybe mafia really wants VivaxVig dead? or maybe Toad is town and didn't apply brain to game.

I thought I had a good point about toad earlier in the game and I though he overreacted when I pointed it out. I honestly don't know. Like I would totally counterclaim Vivax as mafia, but I also understand that not everyone plays mafia as recklessly as I do. I have no idea if it's within Toad's range.

What if Vivax is mafiaVig. Ever thought about that?

in that case so what? we lynch him tomorrow.

Like it's a crapshoot which one of you is mafia.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:12 GMT
#2812
and if you're mafiavig you get to use your shot if we lynch vivax.

hurr durr.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:12 GMT
#2814
On March 21 2015 06:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 06:08 Palmar wrote:
I honestly don't know by the way. I don't think they're both vigis.

I do appreciate that there is no need for scumToad to counterclaim this, it makes literally no sense. I do question though why he counterclaimed this, because shooting Vivax in the night seems MUCH cleaner.

Maybe mafia really wants VivaxVig dead? or maybe Toad is town and didn't apply brain to game.

I thought I had a good point about toad earlier in the game and I though he overreacted when I pointed it out. I honestly don't know. Like I would totally counterclaim Vivax as mafia, but I also understand that not everyone plays mafia as recklessly as I do. I have no idea if it's within Toad's range.

Toad is capable of making these kinds of plays, see LI where he and VE went on an epic rampage against one another. I just don't think the situations are similar enough that Toad's play makes sense as mafia. That claim was a long time coming as they had gone through a lot of motions, this claim came kind of out of the blue. I don't think just throws his hat in the ring the way he did here as mafia when they're (presumably) not in a terrible spot. The only way they would be is if they're both mafia.

If they're both mafia they're balling towards the sky and nothing is stopping them.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:15 GMT
#2824
On March 21 2015 06:14 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 06:12 Palmar wrote:
and if you're mafiavig you get to use your shot if we lynch vivax.

hurr durr.


You're asking me wether my play makes sense. I know I am not mafiaVig. I am townVig. Thus I claimed because Vivax is 100% certain mafia and I don't want him to shoot because I am not mafia.

Srsly, how are you not getting this

Oh I see what you mean.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:15 GMT
#2826
yeeeahhh... ok
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:16 GMT
#2831
Ok let's lynch Vivax then.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:17 GMT
#2836
On March 21 2015 06:16 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 06:15 Palmar wrote:
On March 21 2015 06:14 Toadesstern wrote:
On March 21 2015 06:12 Palmar wrote:
and if you're mafiavig you get to use your shot if we lynch vivax.

hurr durr.


You're asking me wether my play makes sense. I know I am not mafiaVig. I am townVig. Thus I claimed because Vivax is 100% certain mafia and I don't want him to shoot because I am not mafia.

Srsly, how are you not getting this

Oh I see what you mean.


nice. Now that you see it can you pretend to not be his ally and bus Vivax?

Only if you promise to stop calling me mafia.

My questions have been literally legit.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:20 GMT
#2852
On March 21 2015 06:18 Trfel wrote:
What about potentially a sicklucker or LightningStrike lynch?

Palmar, why did you switch to Vivax from Toadesstern?

Because I believe Toad believes what he's saying.

I don't really think it matters anyway.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:21 GMT
#2855
The waffle is strong though. I don't like not lynching the guy I've thought is mafia for good chunks of the day.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:23 GMT
#2869
This is actually great btw
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 20 2015 21:24 GMT
#2875
Like I applaud whoever is mafia between the two for balls and sexy.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 646
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 88
Nina 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15734
910 68
soO 43
Dota 2
Gorgc7120
monkeys_forever97
canceldota70
League of Legends
Doublelift1541
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4299
Other Games
summit1g2337
fl0m1471
FrodaN837
olofmeister809
Liquid`Hasu332
C9.Mang0210
Livibee207
ToD0
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• poizon28 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 6
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2913
• WagamamaTV347
Other Games
• imaqtpie1100
• Scarra711
• Shiphtur579
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 10m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 10m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.