• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:50
CEST 03:50
KST 10:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10003 users

TL Mafia LXX: Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 03:44 GMT
#829
Sorry, I meant, what implications do you think this has on Holyflare's alignment? (and maybe if it says anything about those who voted Alakaslam with him)
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 03:48 GMT
#831
On March 19 2015 08:49 Damdred wrote:
It gives me a bit of pause at this juncture, also Slam went against quite possibly the hardest hitting player in the thread because he thought he was getting railroaded early. I think that's kind of towny coming from slams position rather than just straight omgus.
Oh, Damdred already said this. Town points to Damdred, then.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 03:51 GMT
#833
Thanks, that makes sense.

That's one nice thing about no post limits, I can thank people for answering questions and it doesn't feel like I'm wasting a post.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 03:58 GMT
#837
One thing that makes Alakaslam suspicious is that he does seem fairly defensive early on. But I don't necessarily think that makes him mafia here?

In Down Under 2, Alakaslam was wagoned for most of Day 1, but never actually defended himself. He was scum. Perhaps aggressively defending himself is a sign of being town?

And I am well aware that I am both ignoring and using meta on Alakaslam simultaneously. Deal with it.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:01 GMT
#843
On March 19 2015 13:00 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 12:34 Trfel wrote:
On March 19 2015 08:26 Damdred wrote:
Actually slam has literally come into the game super serious and is throwing mud on HF? Slam is probable scum i'm parroting here a bit
Why does this make Alakaslam scum? I feel like his attack on Holyflare is more likely to come from town than scum, since attacking a high profile player early on seems like a poor play from scum.

Also, can someone explain to me why Alakaslam says that Holyflare's scumread of him is WIFOM? To me it seems like a meta read, not WIFOM.

Thanks!

I was saying Holyflare (and other's!) confirmation claims are wifom.
Sorry, what's a confirmation claim?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:06 GMT
#852
On March 19 2015 08:59 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 08:52 Trfel wrote:
On March 17 2015 10:45 Alakaslam wrote:
Hey

This game

I am doing what I never do

Pregame wifom excuse

So it should actually hold weight

I have no idea what my schedule will do this week. It could get very busy, it could be I AM HEER

Depends unfortunately
Anyone remember this?

It's still true and why I have been in and out
Just noticed this.

I referred to the "I am doing what I never do" part, as in Alakaslam playing seriously. Alakaslam thought I was referring to activity. Perhaps he is being self-conscious?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:11 GMT
#856
Toadesstern, Palmar wasn't in Jack of all Trades. Therefore I think it's reasonable to assume he didn't read it and didn't know that you opened in the same way.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but as of late, Palmar has become an incredibly lazy player in many of his games. I wouldn't expect him to check your game history for this.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:12 GMT
#857
On March 19 2015 13:08 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 13:06 Trfel wrote:
On March 19 2015 08:59 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 19 2015 08:52 Trfel wrote:
On March 17 2015 10:45 Alakaslam wrote:
Hey

This game

I am doing what I never do

Pregame wifom excuse

So it should actually hold weight

I have no idea what my schedule will do this week. It could get very busy, it could be I AM HEER

Depends unfortunately
Anyone remember this?

It's still true and why I have been in and out
Just noticed this.

I referred to the "I am doing what I never do" part, as in Alakaslam playing seriously. Alakaslam thought I was referring to activity. Perhaps he is being self-conscious?

Dang, I already got baited into replying.

The thing he claims never to do is make pregame wifom excuses for activity. Slam wasn't talking about playing especially seriously there
Oh, I see, thanks. That makes sense.

My bad.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:14 GMT
#861
On March 19 2015 08:50 Eden1892 wrote:
hmm i think i like damdred
Eden, why did you say this?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:19 GMT
#872
On March 19 2015 13:16 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 13:11 Trfel wrote:
Toadesstern, Palmar wasn't in Jack of all Trades. Therefore I think it's reasonable to assume he didn't read it and didn't know that you opened in the same way.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but as of late, Palmar has become an incredibly lazy player in many of his games. I wouldn't expect him to check your game history for this.

he was completly crushed in hammertime after mislynching me d1 and singlehandedly ruining the game by doing exactly the same read he did this game. I do a post like that every game I played recently and the tone changes most of the times.
Depends on wether I prepare it ahead of time or wether I'm posting while doing something else. And he ran into exactly the same mistake.

What I'm saying is that there's no way he'd repeat that mistake after that crushing defeat in hammertime without at least checking. That's the important point here. He got wrecked and doesn't care in the slightest bit while knowing everything he said last time about me was wrong already when he tried to read me that time
I guess I see where you're coming from, but I still don't think it makes Palmar mafia, given my (limited) knowledge of his play and personality.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:22 GMT
#879
Did Palmar really lynch Toadesstern because of his opening post? If not, I fail to see the argument here.

And I don't like Eden ignoring me.....
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:26 GMT
#887
On March 19 2015 13:25 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 13:22 Trfel wrote:
Did Palmar really lynch Toadesstern because of his opening post? If not, I fail to see the argument here.

And I don't like Eden ignoring me.....

noone knows. He kept on spamming "Kill Toad" for 72hours while refusing to explain it more than that it's based on my tone and phrasing

But well, I'm going to bed know... 6am over here
Fair enough, good night Toadesstern. Should have gone to sleep long ago XD
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:38 GMT
#895
Thanks for the answer, Eden. Your play makes more sense now, I misread something, so it's not actually suspicious.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:54 GMT
#901
On March 19 2015 13:45 Eden1892 wrote:
Sure thing. Who are your suspects right now, Trfel? You're saying a lot of pretty sensible things and asking questions that are showing me you're paying attention, but I'm not sure who you suspect.
To be honest, at the moment I'm not sure.....

I think the Holyflare/Alakaslam argument boils down to some misinterpretations (pending an explanation of what a confirmation read is). So I don't think it is particularly alignment indicative, except for Alakaslam being willing to attack Holyflare.

I thought I found a pretty terrible contradiction in sicklucker's filter, but I realized I was misinterpreting a post.

I'm still on page 22, and as much as I'd like to keep playing, I really need to go to bed or I'm going to sleep through class tomorrow. I'm sorry I don't have any actual reads yet. At this very moment, sicklucker is probably the best lynch for reasons others have stated already, but I'm not sure if they are truly alignment indicative. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Good night, all.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 04:56 GMT
#902
Ugh, why do my horrible posts always end up as page-toppers...
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 14:11 GMT
#1228
O.O you Europeans post so much.....

I'll try to catch up sometime later today, but I need to go to class, so this could take quite some time.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 14:18 GMT
#1235
On March 19 2015 23:17 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 23:16 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I'd rather give Rayn some more time because putting pressure on Rayn rarely has its intended effect and we're not even half a day in.


no i've literally caught him out on something that makes him most definitely mafia, he can bitch and whine all you want and you can relax in the knowledge that he's just still plain old mafia and we are guaranteed a mafia lynch today

so sheep me
And you're more sure about this than your previous reads on Alakaslam and sicklucker?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 14:22 GMT
#1240
On March 19 2015 23:19 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
no i've literally caught him out on something that makes him most definitely mafia

No you haven't, he's just been pretty useless so far. Piling on him is just going to make him mad and be guaranteed unproductive for the rest of the day and shit up the thread. If he's still unproductive by the time we approach deadline I'm happy to vote him but not until then.
This reminds me a whole lot of ritoky last game...

If raynpelikoneet does flip mafia, this probably deserves a second look. Just saving it for my memory.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 14:24 GMT
#1242
On March 19 2015 23:21 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 23:14 Vivax wrote:
Super what I don't get is your opinion on the fake miller claim at the time. If you found it scummy then it warrants that question to Trfel, but judging from your posting you didn't even deem it comment-worthy. You jump at Trfel for suggesting that the claim is a joke even though for you that didn't seem to be an issue.

Did you at any point in time think that Eden was mafia who made a blooper when fakeclaiming?


I disagree. I think it was interesting, but I could see the fake-claim coming from either alignment. I thought trfel's hard defense was much more interesting. I was wondering why he was willing to defend eden like that. In retrospect I actually completely forgot about it. Looking at his filter now it seems like he seemed unsure about eden prior to FF bringing up the fake claim. Which makes the hard defend more strange. Trfel, any input on this?

Also I hesistated on Eden for a slight moment when FF came out with the info, as I said before. As it stands, I think my town read on Eden still holds somewhat solid.
Regardless of Eden's alignment, I felt that his miller claim was obviously a joke. Since Fecalfeast was very persistent about it, and no one else was answering, I shared my thoughts on the matter.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 19 2015 14:27 GMT
#1245
On March 19 2015 23:25 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 23:22 Trfel wrote:
On March 19 2015 23:19 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
no i've literally caught him out on something that makes him most definitely mafia

No you haven't, he's just been pretty useless so far. Piling on him is just going to make him mad and be guaranteed unproductive for the rest of the day and shit up the thread. If he's still unproductive by the time we approach deadline I'm happy to vote him but not until then.
This reminds me a whole lot of ritoky last game...

If raynpelikoneet does flip mafia, this probably deserves a second look. Just saving it for my memory.

This is dumb thinking because I'm committing myself to voting for Rayn if he doesn't improve regardless.
Which is exactly what mafia!Artanis[Xp] would want to do with suspicion on mafia!raynpelikoneet.

I see why town!Artanis[Xp] would do exactly what you just did. And I think the chance that my comment actually means something isn't all that high. I'm just saying it to make sure I don't forget. When I miss something and it costs me the game (in this case, lost the game at 5p LYLO due to this), I want to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech175
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12789
Shuttle 806
Artosis 612
Dewaltoss 45
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm158
League of Legends
Doublelift4254
Counter-Strike
taco 449
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox527
AZ_Axe104
Other Games
summit1g8311
Day[9].tv520
C9.Mang0351
WinterStarcraft176
Maynarde148
ViBE122
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv520
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 11m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.