• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:06
CEST 19:06
KST 02:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10563 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LXI - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 15:43 GMT
#672
On February 18 2015 00:41 Trfel wrote:
Oh rsoultin, why do you do this to me......... (expresses general frustrations)

I blame you for my own blunders.


ROFL! Aww...that's almost a compliment kinda maybe? xP
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 15:50 GMT
#674
Well, let's ignore it for the time being.

I want to play a game with zlefin ;o;

I think the problem with his point system/reads may just be that he's having trouble articulating things in his first game. Especially when things are gut/tone reads it can be hard to put it into words. I completely sympathize with him if that's the case.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 16:11 GMT
#678
On February 18 2015 01:02 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2015 00:20 rsoultin wrote:
Firstly, if you're hinting at what I believe you're hinting at, Tere, use your best judgment and your coach. You don't need everyone else's reads to do it. Put on those big girl pants xP

And give your own reads, cause you know how this confirmation bias stuff works, and you're feeding into it right now.

Zlefin...let's try something, okay? Would you like to play a game with me? Lol, JJB will probably recognize this game.

I find your tone odd and condescending. We're already playing a game, it's called mafia. If you want to say something, say it.


I was deliberately being condescending toward Tere, so that's fair xP

This game is actually meant to help you (and us) figure out where your head is at. I'd ask you to give certain types of adjectives for particular players. The point is just to respond quickly without thinking. Are you up to it? (You don't have to and I won't scumread you for it if you don't want to, but I do think it'll help.)
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 16:18 GMT
#680
Actually, lol, our case-maker just found your reasons in your filter, Zlefin, but if you do want to play the game anyway, just let me know ^^

Nah, Truffle, it was only his later play that was bugging me, anyway. His point system reminds me of my brother's lol.

Speaking of paranoia...JJB isn't getting scumread this game. Seems like a dumb reason to find him scummy, but usually everyone is like JJB, scummiest of scum! Am I nuts?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 16:25 GMT
#683
On February 18 2015 01:22 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2015 01:18 rsoultin wrote:
Actually, lol, our case-maker just found your reasons in your filter, Zlefin, but if you do want to play the game anyway, just let me know ^^

Nah, Truffle, it was only his later play that was bugging me, anyway. His point system reminds me of my brother's lol.

Speaking of paranoia...JJB isn't getting scumread this game. Seems like a dumb reason to find him scummy, but usually everyone is like JJB, scummiest of scum! Am I nuts?
You townread him. Given my experience in previous games with him, I townread him too (especially given your townread). For much of the game, we have had two of the larger thread presences. We sort of brushed aside suspicions of him, so that would be our fault.

I certainly expect to see his play pick up on Day 2 (it normally does, right?). But for now, I don't think I see anything to indicate that he is any more scummy than normal.


Thank you for the sanity check lol. You're right; for once my opinion is dominating the thread. Which could be very bad given I'm actually not the best at reading people ><
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 16:28 GMT
#684
On February 18 2015 01:23 Tere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2015 00:20 rsoultin wrote:
Firstly, if you're hinting at what I believe you're hinting at, Tere, use your best judgment and your coach. You don't need everyone else's reads to do it. Put on those big girl pants xP

And give your own reads, cause you know how this confirmation bias stuff works, and you're feeding into it right now.

Zlefin...let's try something, okay? Would you like to play a game with me? Lol, JJB will probably recognize this game.


Oh, I don't need those reads, believe me. I'm very interested in people's reactions at me putting myself up as tasty Day 2 lynchbait though


I really don't see the purpose of your play here, Tere, from either alignment really. All joking/irony aside.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 16:49 GMT
#689
Lol, if you're asking Trfel to assume you're acting scummy because you're town, you clearly don't understand the Truffle

Okay, well, this doesn't feel like it's getting anywhere. Gonna go off and do my own thing until more people show up in the thread (also got a midterm to write @.@)
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 16:59 GMT
#691
On February 18 2015 01:55 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2015 01:18 rsoultin wrote:
Actually, lol, our case-maker just found your reasons in your filter, Zlefin, but if you do want to play the game anyway, just let me know ^^

Nah, Truffle, it was only his later play that was bugging me, anyway. His point system reminds me of my brother's lol.

Speaking of paranoia...JJB isn't getting scumread this game. Seems like a dumb reason to find him scummy, but usually everyone is like JJB, scummiest of scum! Am I nuts?

pass on the game, I don't think it will help me clear up my thoughts at all.
I want to use my time to review the two people I still have no reads either way on (shining and elyas) to see if I can figure something out on them.

As to JJB, I've had him at mild scumread if that makes you feel any better. Which, by your description of him, would be his usual state. It'll take some time for me to figure out how to compensate for how naturally scummy certain people sound, since I don't have a background on them.


Believe it or not, that actually does make me feel better ^^

Eh, I don't know how to explain JJB other than he's a bit of a happy clown, but the biggest points in his favor at EoD were how he kept the discussion open. I know he was pushing you, but from a mafia perspective, if you know the leading wagon is town you either just sit there and let others push it so you don't look bad when he flips town, or you say "this is a bad lynch" but do nothing to stop it. JJB doesn't really fall in either category.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 17:12 GMT
#696
On February 18 2015 02:05 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2015 01:59 rsoultin wrote:
On February 18 2015 01:55 zlefin wrote:
On February 18 2015 01:18 rsoultin wrote:
Actually, lol, our case-maker just found your reasons in your filter, Zlefin, but if you do want to play the game anyway, just let me know ^^

Nah, Truffle, it was only his later play that was bugging me, anyway. His point system reminds me of my brother's lol.

Speaking of paranoia...JJB isn't getting scumread this game. Seems like a dumb reason to find him scummy, but usually everyone is like JJB, scummiest of scum! Am I nuts?

pass on the game, I don't think it will help me clear up my thoughts at all.
I want to use my time to review the two people I still have no reads either way on (shining and elyas) to see if I can figure something out on them.

As to JJB, I've had him at mild scumread if that makes you feel any better. Which, by your description of him, would be his usual state. It'll take some time for me to figure out how to compensate for how naturally scummy certain people sound, since I don't have a background on them.


Believe it or not, that actually does make me feel better ^^

Eh, I don't know how to explain JJB other than he's a bit of a happy clown, but the biggest points in his favor at EoD were how he kept the discussion open. I know he was pushing you, but from a mafia perspective, if you know the leading wagon is town you either just sit there and let others push it so you don't look bad when he flips town, or you say "this is a bad lynch" but do nothing to stop it. JJB doesn't really fall in either category.

Do others concur with rsoultin's description of JJB?
I ask because I don't want to base any changes entirely off this in the unlikely event the two of them are mafia.
If others concur with the description, I'm going to give a positive point to JJB, based on rsoultins comments in the last page, which also help reassess JJBs early game (in particular his joke which I didn't like, more info on its normalcy for him ameliorates it).


Well, you can see how he acted pre-game? And also in the game Truffle just linked cause he was in that one, too lol. He posted a JJB death video at the end that I still find lolworthy ^^
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 17:32 GMT
#698
On February 18 2015 02:23 ElyAs wrote:
Got some time for this !

Reacting to the current train of thought, rsoultin, do you think jjb has started changing his playstyle to include more traditional reads and playstyle analysis ? Or is he really playing differently and more carefully than normal ?

I intend to share my gameplan, I'm reading some filters right now.


I don't see a huge change in his play-style? His reaction to Hier's mechanism looked very him. Trying to get people to talk to him more is a little new, because I'd say his first two games were more reactive.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 22:58 GMT
#731
Shining, I have a problem with you, actually ^^

You have this wonderful way of conveniently being absent at key points when you're scum. Telling us you're going to read 10 pages then oops, just gonna sheep instead. Now, I know this can happen, but you really milked these sorts of things your last scum game.

Are Tere and Trfel your scumreads right now?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 23:07 GMT
#734
You did, Truffle. Close to EoD I think.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 23:21 GMT
#737
On February 18 2015 08:15 The Shining wrote:
Eh. I unfortunately like your response. If there were more inconsistencies in your filter, I might be more inclined to ram you but you're also willing to admit you were wrong and misinterpreted a few things.

Maybe I'm just weary that you're towning me for points that I've addressed that Tere is now scumreading me for. I have a tendency to believe scum give out free townreads in the hopes of earning some towncred from the free townread townie. Might need to stop being so paranoid.

Moving on.

Show nested quote +
On February 18 2015 02:45 ElyAs wrote:
I also really want to hear from The Shining, I liked his opening, but he has been missing since EOD.

I get that you didn't have a lot of time before EOD to share your reads, but I'd really like to read them. Also you started the zlefin wagon and unvoted before EOD, were you looking for someone in particular outside of zlefin / Hier ?



My irl schedule and timing made it difficult to do, but I mentioned before that my vote on Zlefin was because of a lack of thread presence and wanting to see more from him. It really was just a pressure vote, something Trfel even commented on, but I wasn't able to get back in time to get any shenanies done.

The fact that only JJB was on him and against a Hier lynch was another reason for my vote. Was scum going to protect Zlefin as scum or push him for a mislynch as town? In my experience, scum will keep 1 vote on the main wagon(Hier) and 1 off of it to avoid the blame of the mislynch. And I'm sure JJB would've looked slightly better at voting analysis time if we were both on Zlefin, instead of just him once I unvoted.

Tere, my 2 shots? Ely for lacking content and thread presence, I don't see the scumhunting really coming out of him.

And you. For the same reason. Willingness to engage and post looks good on the outside, but you haven't given me anything to work with except for...me? And ElyAs. If I'm right on ElyAs, you're setting yourself up to mislynch me as scum and either back off on your partner or bus him if his push picks up some speed.

Next post is post-Tere filterdive.


What are you trying to say here, Shining? -_-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 23:36 GMT
#744
Alright, Shining, lol. I must admit that the only thing bugging me really was your behavior around EoD, so it gets a pass for now. If you keep doing that shit, though, I'll try my darndest to get you lynched

I did half-catch you last time so I can put the paranoia away for a little while longer.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2015 23:59 GMT
#750
Okay, playing two games at once is bad ^^; And this will be a shitty post so sorry in advance. I'm going off impressions and feels that may or may not be entirely accurate.

If this is Truffle's scum game, he's improved by a mile. So I doubt it is. The work he's been putting in is classic town!Trfel, and he's also normally riddled with doubts. The naysayer, if you will, even on his own cases xP

JJB I'm pretty sure is town. Toneread.


Middle-of-the-roaders

Her thoughts are echoing mine a lot, but some things, like the aggressiveness and how her reads seem to sheep others', are giving me pause. Keep an eye on Tere.

Shining, if you keep disappearing at convenient times, you're probably scum. That sheep vote was terribad.

Zfelin, some red flags, but could just be newbie town, and i'm actually leaning town on you right now I think.


ElyAs is the naysayer who didn't try to derail the wagon

No more time! lol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 18 2015 00:00 GMT
#751
ElyAs is my top scumread -_- that wasn't clear
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 18 2015 00:01 GMT
#752
and I forgot silver lol >< which means she's forgettable, damn
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 18 2015 00:05 GMT
#756
>< sorry guys for that terrible goodbye post

glhf <3
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 26 2015 00:03 GMT
#1710
lol

gg bro!

nah, man, he just injured himself. he's already paying the karmic price for fooling you as scum, truffle <3 sides i'd never poison the guy who just told me that he plays these games cause he likes playing with me ^^ compliments so work on me lol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 26 2015 00:05 GMT
#1716
>>

I said..."Hey guys everyone is townreading jarjar I'm paranoid that I'm wrong"

and someone said "nah it's cause you are and they're just sheeping you"

and I accepted that. bad me. >< PLUS HIS TONE COMPLETELY CHANGED WHEN I WAS DEAD...he only got goofy again at the end when he basically had the win ;o;

it's cool though, lol, he's hard to read
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 496
UpATreeSC 86
Codebar 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35798
Calm 3702
Shuttle 1326
FanTaSy 975
actioN 299
EffOrt 270
firebathero 185
Rush 182
Hyuk 159
Dewaltoss 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 65
Liquid`Ret 61
Barracks 54
Hyun 30
Aegong 25
Free 25
soO 23
Bale 22
HiyA 21
PianO 17
Shine 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7330
Dendi978
XaKoH 341
Fuzer 28
League of Legends
KnowMe60
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1555
x6flipin535
fl0m0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes675
Other Games
singsing2534
FrodaN1169
Beastyqt657
mouzStarbuck301
B2W.Neo291
byalli207
Livibee195
C9.Mang0141
RotterdaM109
Trikslyr65
Mew2King57
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV490
Other Games
• Shiphtur925
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 9m
Replay Cast
5h 54m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.