• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:26
CEST 15:26
KST 22:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War475.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7574 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LXI - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:06 GMT
#886
On February 19 2015 07:49 The Shining wrote:
Language. That's just rude. I'll take the doubles, though, lol. Can't wait.

Don't see whose character or skill I was attacking, either. Simply stating in the only 2 Newbie games I've played, there have been replacements. It has ruined my experience, personally, so I will not participate in one again. Have to stick to Student/non-Newbie games. Its just a statistic.

A lot of salt coming from you. Guilt getting to you?


No, I'll troll you 6 ways to Sunday if you leg it though.

If you are town, go find scum, sensibly. I don't accept AFKs for lame reasons. Chop chop. Don't make me bring out my probably not safe for work gifs relating to that. Nobody will be the winner
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:07 GMT
#887
I'm still letting everyone else peck your liver though (that's a classical reference, counteracts swearing, right?)

Sleeping now nn town and scum xx
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:21 GMT
#890
Yes, but I need to go to bed soon. What do you need?

(what I need from you is to reach out to us. I think I get where you are coming from but it's liking parsing Earth to Martian. If you can't speak your language to talk to me, pretend I'm your sister, that was very insightful, not perfect but a reasonable base to start from)

I'll get a cup of coffee. You are my second strongest townread right now so what do you need from me?
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:27 GMT
#892
[ I swear like a sailor. Nobody should run away, nobody should feel they can't post, this is a game and we are here to have fun. I will try to moderate my language, this will probably lead to hilarious alternatives that you should feel free to mock me for

I don't do ad homimem. I will righteously burn a lame argument with fire, but I don't ad hominmem a person. If anyone feels I am doing that they can either a) call me out in thread, in which case I apologise b) I am open to PMs but it's a no PM game, if you want to do that I am cool with that but it's really up to the mods. Or set up a QT and me and the mods can all hang in there and we can discuss.

Or save it up and we can do in postgame.

I genuinely am not a honeybadger, I really don't want anyone to quit this game because of anything I am doing. My door is open, OK?

(I make most excellent macaroons, I can bring them to the post game party )
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:30 GMT
#893
[I forgot the bit where you can PM the GMs and they can tell me to STFU Tere. That's cool too.

Seriously, guys, life is too short. Let's have fun together. I don't want anyone to have sadmafia, OK? sadmafia is not cool]

back to your regular programming.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:48 GMT
#899
On February 19 2015 08:30 jarjarbinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2015 08:21 Tere wrote:
Yes, but I need to go to bed soon. What do you need?

(what I need from you is to reach out to us. I think I get where you are coming from but it's liking parsing Earth to Martian. If you can't speak your language to talk to me, pretend I'm your sister, that was very insightful, not perfect but a reasonable base to start from)

I'll get a cup of coffee. You are my second strongest townread right now so what do you need from me?


Your filter is ridicously long since last night lol which is definatley a good thing. Hard for scum to BS for an entire day lol

I think you ended up on silver and shining. Silver hasn't posted yet, and you got in a piss argument. Do you see them as a possible scumteam? Two lurkers seems off for a scumteam, but it is possible. IF they can't be a scumteam, would you pick one over the other? I'm thinking silver over Shining, although both of their behaviors are similar to the games I have played with them in.

Do you feel like you might be tunneling Shining?


I think you've gotten muddled up, both those people have posted since then. Silver has posted a WOT that I don't feel is strong. The Shining has aggroed on me. If I am honest I wouldn't say either of them were lurkers, per se,

I wouldn't say I'm tunnelling Shining right now. I haven't constructed a case yet - I am leaving that quite deliberately. As the person who entered Day 2 with the most scum reads, I shouldn't be generating cases right now.

What I want to do now is sleep and give people room to post for 8-12 hours. I have opinions, but I would rather people came to independent conclusions. It's easy for scum to refute conclusions, less easy to drive their own agenda.

Having said that, I'd love a loose read from you once you've combed through everything. You are a town read, but your thought processes are somewhat alien to me. I need to understand where you are coming from more I think. Night night
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:48 GMT
#901
On February 19 2015 08:35 jarjarbinks wrote:
Shining you aren't actually quitting right? We've already had 1 replacement. Think about the other players in this game.


I don't believe he is quitting.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:50 GMT
#903
On February 19 2015 08:39 The Shining wrote:
I'm still posting. I'm still active. I'm diving filters right now, just like I said I would in my last post. If I find something more damning than the fact that Tere is now towning my supposed scum partner and one of her top scumreads(ElyAs) who just happened to be one of my top scumreads and basically picking off low hanging fruit one by one to see who is the easiest mislynch(Zlefin, Ely, me in rapid succession, I just happened to be the only one willing to call her out on her scattershot suspicions), then I'll share it.


so are you cool to gladiate me tomorrow then?

I think it will be 1 for 1.

That hurts scum.

I know I am town.

Want to play?

Are you that confident?
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:52 GMT
#904
Can you set a poll up in this place? Just curious?

Otherwise, straw poll, everyone want me to gladiate The Shining?

(this doesn't let you off my homework of find two other scum candidates apart from me. Just saying )
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:52 GMT
#905
If that's the consensus, I'm totally up for it

Sleep now
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:53 GMT
#907
You and me, baby, bring it. No other lynch targets.

That confident of your scumread?

Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 18 2015 23:54 GMT
#908
I'm willing to die for a one for one, what about you?
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 19 2015 00:08 GMT
#913
On February 19 2015 09:00 Silverarte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2015 08:57 jarjarbinks wrote:
On February 19 2015 08:48 Tere wrote:
On February 19 2015 08:30 jarjarbinks wrote:
On February 19 2015 08:21 Tere wrote:
Yes, but I need to go to bed soon. What do you need?

(what I need from you is to reach out to us. I think I get where you are coming from but it's liking parsing Earth to Martian. If you can't speak your language to talk to me, pretend I'm your sister, that was very insightful, not perfect but a reasonable base to start from)

I'll get a cup of coffee. You are my second strongest townread right now so what do you need from me?


Your filter is ridicously long since last night lol which is definatley a good thing. Hard for scum to BS for an entire day lol

I think you ended up on silver and shining. Silver hasn't posted yet, and you got in a piss argument. Do you see them as a possible scumteam? Two lurkers seems off for a scumteam, but it is possible. IF they can't be a scumteam, would you pick one over the other? I'm thinking silver over Shining, although both of their behaviors are similar to the games I have played with them in.

Do you feel like you might be tunneling Shining?


I think you've gotten muddled up, both those people have posted since then. Silver has posted a WOT that I don't feel is strong. The Shining has aggroed on me. If I am honest I wouldn't say either of them were lurkers, per se,

I wouldn't say I'm tunnelling Shining right now. I haven't constructed a case yet - I am leaving that quite deliberately. As the person who entered Day 2 with the most scum reads, I shouldn't be generating cases right now.

What I want to do now is sleep and give people room to post for 8-12 hours. I have opinions, but I would rather people came to independent conclusions. It's easy for scum to refute conclusions, less easy to drive their own agenda.

Having said that, I'd love a loose read from you once you've combed through everything. You are a town read, but your thought processes are somewhat alien to me. I need to understand where you are coming from more I think. Night night


They have posted, but I figured the posts they made changed your view on them lol Silver posted once and left and Shining is still tunneled on you so I figured your opinion of him prob got worse if anything else.

I've got some work to do on here. I haven't given a thorough enough read on silver and she deserves one.

Silver is still lurking like she said she would be. She's also just working on what she said she would be.


Silver, that's incredibly lame. Woman up.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 19 2015 00:18 GMT
#920
On February 19 2015 09:07 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2015 08:54 Tere wrote:
I'm willing to die for a one for one, what about you?


I'm reading "I'm willing to win the game for scum right now" if you are in fact town. I already stated earlier I don't care about me being mislynched anymore. My vote is on you. If town is onboard, they vote with me. Or they vote against me. When I flip town, they'll want to lynch you until you manage to WOT your way out of it and win for scum.

I'll even go first, if that's what you want. Of course, town votes decide it. I just need the townies here to promise me they will reevaluate what little I have been able to give them after I flip.


OK. Either you are obvscum or completely misguided town at this point. I'm kinda insulted if you can read my play in any way as throwing the game for scum. Seriously. Something something (insert strong language as appropriate).

If you are town, and that is what you are thinking and you think scum has won the argument, you need to wake up, stop sulking, get back to base , and stop sulking.

Because, regardless of your perception, I'm on your side. Really. If your wincon is to win with town, I'm on your side. You don't have to trust me with this, but I need you to have a mode that can consider it...

i'm town, and reaching out to you here. I think you are a smart and capable guy, I've read your town games, you are town to be proud of associating with. Don't check out. I'm on your side, and reaching out to you here. Don't lock down, OK? You can analyse me and decide I'm full of shit, but don't check out right now.

I want town to win too. Come talk to me. You don't have to trust me right now (and I do need to sleep, it's bedtime here) but I want you to take some time out, take a deep breath, and if you are town, and want town to win, you need to come talk to me, OK? Because you are either locking down caught scum or passionate town without a lock and I have NFI right now.

Just talk to me. I'm not Circe. There's no game mechanic to turn you into a pig. What harm can there be, right?

Time out. I need to sleep. Talk to me, OK?
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 19 2015 00:19 GMT
#921
On February 19 2015 09:10 Trfel wrote:
I'm glad to see that there were several pages while I was gone. I'm still reading, but I wanted to drop in and say this.

Tere, do you mind if I don't respond to your post? My impression of what you are asking me to do is exactly what I am attempting to do. I feel like I am having a hard time communicating my true intent with you (probably my fault, not yours), so I'm not sure that responding would help anything. Though if you do want me to respond, of course I can do so, I'm just not sure that it would help with anything.

Oh, and zlefin, I hope you won't mind if I don't list my reads like that, just because I don't like quantifying or categorizing my reads. But as of Page 44, Silverarte seems to be the best lynch.


I don't mind if you don't respond right now. I'm talking.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 19 2015 00:20 GMT
#922
On February 19 2015 09:13 Trfel wrote:
Wait, we're only allowed to lynch Tere or The Shining?

Do I get in a say in this? I think both are town. And I don't want to lynch town.


I am just going to point out there is no mechanic in the original setup to cover this, now shush.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 19 2015 00:24 GMT
#927
On February 19 2015 09:14 Trfel wrote:
Please don't throw the game for the sake of argument and ego....


Hush now, he's either rage quit or pretended to rage quit or I'm not sure but i've been told off for swearing. Whatever alignment he is, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts he ain't quitting. And most of this is alignment neutral for me. If you have a meta on whether scum Shining would crumble against a strong defence, hit me with it, but right now I think it's a passionate person doing something passionate and it's not alignment indicatiive

(and quite frankly, in a newbie game, I'd throw to the newbies if I had to. Not that I won't give them a run for a money if it's neutral (because an easy ride is boring ))
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 19 2015 00:27 GMT
#928
On February 19 2015 09:22 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2015 08:48 ElyAs wrote:
I don't know. I really don't. Your play has been consistent with what you said in the beginning (about voting analysis and hunting inconsistences) and your case on Tere is also consistent. But I'm not moving with my read on Tere, so you're either misguided town or scum in my eyes. For now I can't decide so slight scum.

zlefin asked for a list of reads, here it is :

Townish : Trfel, Tere, ElyAs
Null : JJB (need to filter dive), zlefin (want to filter dive too, my earlier scumread on you feels misguided to me.)
Slight scumread : The Shining
Scummy : Silverarte.

I really want to finish filter diving before casting my vote, but if I don't find a better lynch I'm okay with lynching Silver.

It's getting late, I'll have more tomorrow.


Something is off. Ely has an unwillingness to even consider the idea that his read on Tere might be wrong, whereas even now, I'm still weary I may mistakenly mislynch. Since you can't decide, you'll just go with scum since that's what your townread is going with, right? One of you is scum but you strong towning her so hard gives me pause. And I'd rather not get hung up on unflipped association.


The Shining, I need to go to bed, I need to establish if you are taking your ball and going home or what. If it's not and for whatever reason that's a play, you can send people who are pissed off with me towards me, OK? The play is OK. I just need to sleep soon *shrug*

There's a lot of time left in the day, to point out the obvious, you kids carry on.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 19 2015 00:28 GMT
#930
I'm not a special snowflake. Yell at me all you want. Just make your case clear.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 19 2015 00:30 GMT
#931
I think everyone needs to time out, and the Shining needs to get his butt in. That's where I'm at, anyway.
Time out 10 hours, goodnight.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 264
TKL 214
CranKy Ducklings108
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 898
Lowko521
TKL 214
ProTech104
Rex 100
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62568
Free 2348
Jaedong 1566
BeSt 572
Horang2 322
firebathero 231
Zeus 198
Last 112
Hyun 110
Pusan 81
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 69
910 37
soO 36
Aegong 21
Noble 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 15
Rock 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6004
Dendi839
XaKoH 449
canceldota76
Other Games
gofns32391
singsing2336
B2W.Neo499
byalli380
Pyrionflax292
ToD202
Mlord174
DeMusliM118
Liquid`VortiX78
QueenE67
Beastyqt38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1752
League of Legends
• Jankos2990
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 34m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 34m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.