• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:13
CEST 17:13
KST 00:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9871 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LXI - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 17:31 GMT
#368
Trfel, why aren't you pushing for the Shining lynch, you built up a case on him?
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 17:31 GMT
#369
I miss being able to see who's online and reading the thread
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 17:35 GMT
#372
Experience copy / paste from coaching board.

"I'm not really a complete newbie - just new to Team Liquid. I've probably played in 20 - 25 timed forum mafia games in the past 4 - 5 years, and read about the same number. However, quite a few of those have been on very casual sites where reading and analysis really isn't a thing, hence the shift (I hope) to a site that plays a little more seriously."

So I've played quite a few games, but I'm not always the greatest case maker, and I tend to rely on tonal reads probably more than I ought, if I'm honest.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 17:36 GMT
#374
On February 17 2015 02:33 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 02:30 Tere wrote:
On February 17 2015 02:26 rsoultin wrote:
Meh -_- Truffle

Why you're fighting this Hier lynch so much, yet voting for him anyway and setting up for an AFK vote...it is not giving me the warm town fuzzies.


Me neither.

Lack of alternate wagon push = inexperienced scum partner?

Yes, that is a distinct possibility. I suppose it's also possible that Hier quit and told his partner to bus.
I know it's ridiculous, and I can't explain it, but Tere still seems suspicious to me. Her logic is fine, her reads are fine, her tone is comfortable and relaxed, but everything else seems really off. Just, please, keep an eye out...


Uhhh... you want to flesh that out a bit? :D

(no, I'm not bussing Hier)
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 17:37 GMT
#375
On February 17 2015 02:36 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 02:31 Tere wrote:
Trfel, why aren't you pushing for the Shining lynch, you built up a case on him?

That wasn't so much a case, as a collection of thoughts. If it was a case, believe me that I would be pushing it, and you would know.

Rsoultin, I don't see any reasonably appealing counterwagons to someone who isn't really defending himself.

And I really do need to leave. Stop being so distracting.


But, but shinies!
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 18:01 GMT
#377
I can try!

First off, I think this is his first game:
On February 01 2015 20:25 zlefin wrote:
I should try this one of these days, so
/in


Then says he's a slight town read on trfel and slight scum on jarjar, null on the rest. Wants to consider policy lynching for inactivity after 12 hours, which is a little keen IMO. Says reads are mostly tonal and impressions, which I don't see as alignment indicative (given I use tone a lot myself). Townreads Hier (plan too much effort for scum) and rso (likes objections and analysis) after some clarification on WIFOM, then tries to connect you, demonstrating said WIFOM.

Still wants to policy lynch even though he thinks it's unlikely it's a scum tell - which the Shining picked up on and I do think is a bit off too, it's funny logic for town. Dislikes the banter between Trfel and jarjar saying jarjar's joking makes him look scummy (I think the opposite). Doesn't like one of Hier's thesaurus posts (nor did I). Posts up his tally system, saying jarjar, hier, silver and trfel are lynchpool, prefers trfel for most information. Asks if he should OMGUS Shining for his push on him. There's a funny question about town probability of Trfel's townread on Hier. Confirms it is his first game and settles for Hier as most probable lynch.

Ugh.

There's aspects of that logic that I don't like for town (wanting to policy lynch while recognising unlikely to be scum, disliking the banter, wanting to lynch Trfel for most info despite not finding him the most scummy for example), but I can also see that as coming from newbie town, particularly newbie town who seems to be trying to feel their way on their own without relying too much on their coaching support.

Bits look scummy but there might be a genuine reason for that in his new player status.

I appreciate that's not much help.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 18:07 GMT
#381
No, you should definitely start talking to us. If you are town, we need to understand your thought processes more, because they are a little unusual and I think you are approaching the game in a different way to most. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just need to understand I think.

So talk to us!
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 18:09 GMT
#382
We also need Hier to get their butt in here and post.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 18:29 GMT
#386
Jarjar!

Talk to us Jarjar, where is your head at now

(Hi, BTW)
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 18:33 GMT
#388
On February 15 2015 15:26 jarjarbinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2015 15:20 rsoultin wrote:
On February 15 2015 15:17 jarjarbinks wrote:
On February 15 2015 15:14 rsoultin wrote:
On February 15 2015 15:10 jarjarbinks wrote:
Rsoultin: Do you think you could actually RNG lynch someone? I don't think you could lol


Speak of the devil ^^ Did you have a hot date tonight I don't know about, bro?

Probably not -amused-

I'm sure there's a how-to online somewhere, though >> I could just google it xP


Nope, totally 5th wheeled a weird after church double date thing tho. I should prob get one of those date things.

LOL just make sure you don't actually read all of the rules first


Or my role PM? xP

Dude, if only you'd posted that in-thread; it could totally make the wtf awards ^^

So, opinions on any of the players/goings-on thus far?


Trf's opening: slightly less crazy than last game I played with him in. No random vote the guy who might be inactive play. Wants to promote discussion. I could go either way cuz he "tried" to do that as scum.

Shining- not much reaction there. What i'd typically expect I guess?

You- I expect you to do what you do every game. You did it...lol

Everyone else: I'm guessing they are gone for valentine's. I'd get worried if people aren't chiming in when I wake up tomorrow.


While you are here, would you explain why you posted the bolded bit to rsoulin?
I am lacking in the meta here.

Thanks
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 19:37 GMT
#413
ahhh, that explains the brother sister combo.

If Hier is town, he really needs to come back into the thread and start reaching out, because lurking away looks terribad.

What's everyone's thoughts on Trfel's case on the Shining? What's everyone thinking about Silverarte?
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 20:01 GMT
#416
Case plz.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 20:06 GMT
#417
So, the only person you aren't scum reading is ElyAs, based on that, right?
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 20:06 GMT
#418
Let's make that cases plz
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 20:13 GMT
#421
Yeah, I did. But I misread this bit as a scum list. My bad. As you were. That's a bit less WTF of you.

"I will be adding The Shining to my probable town list, to join jarjarbinks and Trfel. His actions do not make sense from a mafia perspective. Creating a third lynch candidate with no prior suspicion hovering over zlefin on the grounds of suggesting unlikely scenarios seems to be weak town play."

I don't agree with the rationale, but it's a bit less WTF of you. Still not getting the massive fuzzies out of all that, though.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 20:14 GMT
#423
I'm also not liking the ad hominem on rsoultin. It makes you look petty and isn't helping your case any.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 20:17 GMT
#425
Out of interest, are you still intending to follow your Bridges strategy? (bold mine)

On February 16 2015 07:50 Hier wrote:
Trfel:
It only takes one other player to declare his or her support for the model to get people to support its use. I know how Bridges works and how to use it to get a town victory. I will always abide by its rules, but if you later decide it's not worth it by all means abandon it.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 20:18 GMT
#426
Trfel, since I think you are probably town and having a paranoia moment, how can I reach out to you and help with this?
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 20:36 GMT
#437
On February 17 2015 05:19 rsoultin wrote:
I'm thinking that maybe I'm not making my reads as clear as I should, reading Hier's narrative.

Is anyone else having trouble deciphering where I stand on my posts?


I just went through your filter again, and you seem clear enough to me. But I think we do approach the game in quite a similar way, at least that's my gut.
Tere
Profile Joined February 2015
United Kingdom225 Posts
February 16 2015 20:42 GMT
#444
On February 17 2015 05:24 Hier wrote:
Now that I've started reading Tere's filter I've noticed that she does not have a case on me at all. She has taken rsoultin's route of "Your post is bad, Hier." No suggestion of intention, or a probable goal I might have as scum. This seems like an easy bandwagon to jump onto, scoring a free townie lynch.


Ballsacks, I make my view of you pretty damn clear in the post explaining my vote, including specific posts I think are scummy, and have pointed out one of the items I think most problematic again very recently. It's hard not to see that as misrepresentation. I am trying to give you the opportunity to clear yourself but it's not going very well for me here.

Are you going to answer my question?

Also a bonus question, are you having fun here, it doesn't look like you are having fun?

Final RFI - this might be how you are, it's possible. Can you please link your previous games at TL Mafia with alignment?

I will go have a read through those filters but right now I'm not feeling a reason to move my vote.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 362
OGKoka 254
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46798
Calm 4266
Shuttle 2139
Bisu 1631
FanTaSy 1500
Mini 935
EffOrt 644
Soma 640
Rush 501
Stork 329
[ Show more ]
Light 264
Hyuk 247
Snow 234
firebathero 227
actioN 188
ZerO 181
Dewaltoss 92
Zeus 81
Barracks 80
hero 70
Killer 51
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 38
Hyun 38
Pusan 34
Sharp 33
Bale 26
Free 24
Shine 21
PianO 19
HiyA 17
Aegong 16
sorry 16
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7229
Dendi1188
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
x6flipin260
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes568
Lowko429
Other Games
singsing2248
hiko1854
B2W.Neo370
byalli270
Livibee218
Liquid`VortiX196
Hui .180
mouzStarbuck117
Mew2King67
Trikslyr48
Rex29
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV73
League of Legends
• Nemesis2500
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 3m
Replay Cast
7h 48m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.