• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:48
CEST 04:48
KST 11:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7009 users

[M][N]Hammertime Mafia - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 81 Next
liancourt
Profile Joined September 2014
1563 Posts
January 26 2015 01:42 GMT
#201
On January 26 2015 10:36 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2015 10:32 liancourt wrote:
On January 26 2015 10:24 Eden1892 wrote:
GB going against several truths and/or popular opinions can make him town for now


this doesnt make sense.

How does it make GB town by disagreeing with popular opinions?

Mafia don't go against the grain early unless their team is under the crosshairs early. No one is under crosshairs so mafia GB doesn't go against grain. Ez


That's an assumption. 2 Assumptions really. I don't like people posting assumptions. Some people take those assumptions to be true then thats when town gets butt raped....
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 26 2015 01:43 GMT
#202
On January 26 2015 10:37 liancourt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2015 10:34 Eden1892 wrote:
On January 26 2015 10:25 IAmRobik wrote:
vote: halfthesky

Great post. Printing out from mobile to frame on the wall of this restaurant.

liancourt I have no idea what omgus is, please explain


http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Oh_My_God_You_Suck

What did I OMGUS
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 26 2015 01:43 GMT
#203
which popular opinion was the one he went against?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 26 2015 01:45 GMT
#204
On January 26 2015 10:42 liancourt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2015 10:36 Eden1892 wrote:
On January 26 2015 10:32 liancourt wrote:
On January 26 2015 10:24 Eden1892 wrote:
GB going against several truths and/or popular opinions can make him town for now


this doesnt make sense.

How does it make GB town by disagreeing with popular opinions?

Mafia don't go against the grain early unless their team is under the crosshairs early. No one is under crosshairs so mafia GB doesn't go against grain. Ez


That's an assumption. 2 Assumptions really. I don't like people posting assumptions. Some people take those assumptions to be true then thats when town gets butt raped....

K

I need a better refutation of a heuristic (read: an acknowledged assumption used because it works statistically significantly more than it doesn't) than "that's an assumption" before I begin to care about your not liking my reasoning
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
liancourt
Profile Joined September 2014
1563 Posts
January 26 2015 01:45 GMT
#205
I hope this doesn't go to the 71st hour and we get shenanies making the rest of the 71 hrs useless.
liancourt
Profile Joined September 2014
1563 Posts
January 26 2015 01:50 GMT
#206
i'd read gb town for the analysis not because he went against popular views which imo is really an odd reason to say someone is townie.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 26 2015 01:55 GMT
#207
Under 3 hrs into d1? Totes valid mang

What's your reason then?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
January 26 2015 01:58 GMT
#208
Anyone not lynching HTS today is playing against their pre-game win condition, and possibly their game win condition as well
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 26 2015 02:00 GMT
#209
Lian, if the thread sentiment is going directly to a mislynch, mafia has no motivation to push different reads. That's where Eden is coming from.
By the way, I don't remember playing with toad.

Robik, what have you got so far?
I'm adorable.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 26 2015 02:02 GMT
#210
But y robie
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
liancourt
Profile Joined September 2014
1563 Posts
January 26 2015 02:03 GMT
#211
On January 26 2015 11:00 GlowingBear wrote:
Lian, if the thread sentiment is going directly to a mislynch, mafia has no motivation to push different reads. That's where Eden is coming from.
By the way, I don't remember playing with toad.

Robik, what have you got so far?


Yea but thats when there is a strong thread sentiment. It's like early day 1 there is no strong sentiment. That's why eden's reasons are odd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 26 2015 02:04 GMT
#212
On January 26 2015 10:50 liancourt wrote:
i'd read gb town for the analysis not because he went against popular views which imo is really an odd reason to say someone is townie.

I don't even think he went against any popular views and Eden never specified what he went against...

What I remember GB doing/saying:

  • The vote on me was against popular opinion? Not really, at the time of his voting/before he voted noone really called me townish. It was only after he voted that QTPI and Onegu pointed out that they don't like what he did there.
    If anything you could interpret it the exact other way: GB voted me because he thought it's an easy spot to park his vote and once he realized people didn't like the vote he pretended (assuming he's mafia) to not have known about instant lynch to get an easy way out of the heat and unvote me. Certainly wasn't a popular opinion before his vote though.
  • Me being town in his list? I'd say there's more people that gave me towniepoints so far, so it's not really going against a popular opinion
  • liancourt being town? I don't think there was a lot of talk either way to consider that a "popular opinion"
  • Eden being mafia?, same as above wouldn't call that a "popular opinion", if anything I remember two people pointing out something about him that sounded somewhat weirdish (myself included)
  • HTS being town? Look at the timing of his post:
    GlowingBear Brazil. January 26 2015 02:21
    The only ones that mentioned her being town were Eden and me, my post being done 3 minutes prior to GBs. Highly unlikely he even read that before he pressend send. So all there was was one opinion of her being town? Is that a popular opinion to go against?
  • Onegu being town? Was that a popular opinion?

<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
January 26 2015 02:05 GMT
#213
GB: I have nothing so far as I haven't read the game but I'm cool lynching you after we lynch HTS
Eden: Je Suis HF
liancourt
Profile Joined September 2014
1563 Posts
January 26 2015 02:07 GMT
#214
What were the popular opinions that Gb went against eden?
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 26 2015 02:08 GMT
#215
On January 26 2015 11:03 liancourt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2015 11:00 GlowingBear wrote:
Lian, if the thread sentiment is going directly to a mislynch, mafia has no motivation to push different reads. That's where Eden is coming from.
By the way, I don't remember playing with toad.

Robik, what have you got so far?


Yea but thats when there is a strong thread sentiment. It's like early day 1 there is no strong sentiment. That's why eden's reasons are odd.


Yeah but this is not in a scummy way. That isn't what makes Eden possibly scummy.

HTS town read on toads entrance, THAT is odd in a scummy way.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 26 2015 02:12 GMT
#216
People, my mind note posts are only for me okay? You're gonna see a lot of it here in the thread and you can read it if you like, obviously, but I'll post it everytime I feel like noting something down. And you'll see posts with little updates also.

Forgive me. I'm trying something new to keep track on important things. I can't do okayish notes on any iOS app
I'm adorable.
liancourt
Profile Joined September 2014
1563 Posts
January 26 2015 02:14 GMT
#217
On January 26 2015 08:27 Half the Sky wrote:
Toad, I've not played with you before, but if I had to read you off that post, I'd say a townread, albeit a weak one. You seem to be having fun with this so far, even if there is no mayor in this game.

Generally scum don't, or rather they are more apprehensive.


I wouldn't call her scum based on just this post alone. I'd have to see how she plays rest of the day.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 26 2015 02:17 GMT
#218
I thought he:
Scum read toad town's opening when people seemed to like it
Scum read HTS when people townread her
Scum read me when other people were unsure (he said I was tops mafia lol)

That's rather a lot for the opening
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 26 2015 02:18 GMT
#219
What's odd about HTS

Xplain like I'm five And drunk at bday dinner cuz I sm
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 26 2015 02:20 GMT
#220
GB's 2nd Mindnotes


1. IAmRobik
+ Show Spoiler +
Robik entered the thread completely disinterested. He didn't try yet to do anything. I thought he could be busy and afk, then I asked a question to also see if he was here. Answer: he is, and he says he isn't reading the thread + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=11#213
. Well, why is he FOLLOWING the thread but not actually READING the thread to try to figure the game out? Leaning scum.


2. Onegu
+ Show Spoiler +
I don't like this post + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=6#102
because it just seems that he just posted to comment on something without having clear intention to discover alignments. Potentially scum.

I also don't like this post of his + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=7#127
because he just says to me that the vote is horrible and that the opening is null. See, he is just commenting: he doesn't say why that post can come from both alignments, he doesn't try to understand my reasoning why reading Toad as scum and he doesn't have any conclusion on my attitude. He just... comments.

Again, Onegu just comments with a single "lol" + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=7#139
. This is bad.


3. GlowingBear
+ Show Spoiler +
Adorable


4. Eden1892
+ Show Spoiler +
Too jokey for like 4 pages long. Could be scum.


5. liancourt
+ Show Spoiler +
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS ABOUT TOAD'S ENTRANCE + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=8#143
. Probably town.


6. Palmar
+ Show Spoiler +
Playing DotA


7. VisceraEyes
+ Show Spoiler +
Cool beard


8. Toadesstern
+ Show Spoiler +

I hated his entrance + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=5#95
because it's a lot of fluff with him saying that he shouldn't be lynched. Directly scummy because he arguing asking to not be lynched day1. Indirectly townie because "would scum be this obvious?".

But then, he wrote this post + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=7#134
which sounded townie to me because (i) he had no reason to townread me for that if he was mafia, he could just go against me, and (ii) he had fair reasons to read me as town (in other words, he is trying to solve alignments by evaluating posts through mafia/town perspectives). Preliminary townpass.


9. Half the Sky
+ Show Spoiler +
I hate this post + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=5#98
because Toads entrance was really scummy and giving a townread because someone is having fun can never be a reason to townread someone. Just look at Artanis play at Imperial, completely relaxed, and any Slam's scumgame. Felt like possible mafia not knowing how to interpret an entrance and saying it looks townie because her view is already tainted by her perfect information.

INCONSISTENCY ALERT!!!!
Say everyone but lian is leaning town here + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=7#140
but still haven't tried to figure out lian's alignment by pushing him yet. BUT thinks my entrance is horrible and puts suspicions on me here + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/475954-hammertime-mafia?page=7#125

Where did those suspicions go? Weird.


Townreads so far:
Toadsteem
liancourt


Possible scums (in order):

Robik
Eden
HTS
Onegu
I'm adorable.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 81 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft404
ByuN 275
RuFF_SC2 159
ViBE94
CosmosSc2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2326
GuemChi 1284
MaD[AoV]175
Sharp 154
910 65
Bale 21
NaDa 17
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever387
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 592
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1049
Other Games
summit1g8730
JimRising 600
C9.Mang0353
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick818
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP71
• EnkiAlexander 64
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo606
Other Games
• Shiphtur504
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 12m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.