• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:01
CEST 11:01
KST 18:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6747 users

Student Mafia V - Page 69

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 128 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 23 2015 07:13 GMT
#1361
On January 23 2015 16:07 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2015 16:04 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 23 2015 16:03 Breshke wrote:
RSo do you disagree with DP's read on the shining? I think it is fairly similar to what we were discussing before when i said his filter is hard to read. I just don't seem to interpret as being as scummy as DP is.


Being careful means you care what people think of you which is a scum trait.


I think some newbie towns are also careful with what they say not that anyone should get a pass for being new.

What do you think of me and RSo DP? Especially me, you seem more inclined to think LM is town and he scum reads me do you agree?


Everything you say seems to make sense on the surface but you aren't in my town pile as much as geript and Rso.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 23 2015 07:15 GMT
#1362
On January 23 2015 16:08 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2015 16:03 Breshke wrote:
RSo do you disagree with DP's read on the shining? I think it is fairly similar to what we were discussing before when i said his filter is hard to read. I just don't seem to interpret as being as scummy as DP is.


I do. I agree Shining is hard to read, however I did make the effort to read it and I'm not interpreting it as careful like he is. The rage against Damdred and GB, then the effort to make reads on geript and myself to determine which one of us is scum (when we're both generally townread and very vocal) do not seem like careful plays to me, even if he did townread us anyway after going back through.

More to the point, I do not understand his LM read at all. He's not making an effort to sell it to me. If he really thinks LM is town and going to be mislynched, you'd think he'd try harder, even with us dumb noobs, to get us to see what he's seeing xP


I am not here and able to post 24/7 I work and do other things. Weekend is coming up so I should have a good amount of time to convince you noobs later.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 23 2015 07:18 GMT
#1363
Okay. Looking forward to it, lol. At the very least, we won't have another all-in wagon probably. Which is way better for finding scum than everyone piling on one person ^^
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 07:27 GMT
#1364
I've said that I could be wrong about DP before. I still don't really see that world existing.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 07:29 GMT
#1365
Hey DP, let's play a pretend world. Let's say LM is mafia, who's his most likely partner? Let's say Damdred is mafia, who's his most likely partner?

Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 23 2015 07:31 GMT
#1366
On January 23 2015 16:13 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2015 16:07 Breshke wrote:
On January 23 2015 16:04 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 23 2015 16:03 Breshke wrote:
RSo do you disagree with DP's read on the shining? I think it is fairly similar to what we were discussing before when i said his filter is hard to read. I just don't seem to interpret as being as scummy as DP is.


Being careful means you care what people think of you which is a scum trait.


I think some newbie towns are also careful with what they say not that anyone should get a pass for being new.

What do you think of me and RSo DP? Especially me, you seem more inclined to think LM is town and he scum reads me do you agree?


Everything you say seems to make sense on the surface but you aren't in my town pile as much as geript and Rso.



Fair enough. I just don't get your LM read that much then because you say he is trying to solve the game but all he has done recently is make cases on me. It lead me to believe you were agreeing with him but apparently not so much?
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 23 2015 07:34 GMT
#1367
On January 23 2015 16:27 geript wrote:
I've said that I could be wrong about DP before. I still don't really see that world existing.


Alright. You know him best.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 23 2015 08:06 GMT
#1368
On January 23 2015 16:29 geript wrote:
Hey DP, let's play a pretend world. Let's say LM is mafia, who's his most likely partner? Let's say Damdred is mafia, who's his most likely partner?



If LM is mafia in a pretend world then I am probably mafia in that pretend world cause I defended two scum day one.

Happily this is the real world where I am town and I think LM is probs town.

I don't think Damdred had any interesting connections besides GB.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 23 2015 11:20 GMT
#1369
DP can you explain how LM is trying to solve the game. I can't see it, the only read he has substantiated is the read on me and he has 5 nulls whose alignments he doesn't seem interested in. Two of those nulls he had promised to look into and still isn't leaning either way on them. How can you call that trying to solve the game.


The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 23 2015 11:40 GMT
#1370
Ugh I'm really sorry guys, my life has been nuts lately. Court date, moving at the end of the month, working overtime, it sucks. =/ I had a lot to catch up on and I'm more than willing to answer questions after this post.

LM - you asked if I looked into your filter and I did. I kept looking it over a few times, was about the size of mine and bare. I'm glad you're around now, even though I probably don't have a right to judge. You said Breshke isn't open to other options when it comes to you but I'm not sure what that is. You gave a torn read on Trfel that wanted to lean towards town, which was also a part of a post that was just a bunch of town reads. You also voted WW for voting with Trfel, when WW scummed GB early and voted before Trfel. You mention avoidance of reads but you only cased Breshke.
If you had to lynch someone that wasn't Breshke today, who would it be and why?

Me right now:

Town:
Me
JJB - unCC Tracker
RSo
Geript
DP

Up in the air on: Damdred, Breshke

Scum: LM

This is all on LM's flip but if Damdred were scum, I don't see what he has to lose either way. He either busses his scum buddy early for town cred or on the super slim chance LM flips town, which I think still has a 1% possibility because no one is defending him, he gets us into an easy mislynch. Maybe it's just knowing his past scum games but I wouldn't put it past him, which is why I'm rethinking my read. It's not enough to scum him but enough to shake a strong town read in him.

Breshke echoes a few points that I agree with against LM, including his lack of trying to solve the game. However, I think I might be suffering the same paranoia here. Breshke's filter isn't anything too special other than the case on LM, and he did pick it up when Trfel was caught but I'm not sure that's alignment indicative. Scum losing a member might motivate the other members to pick it up, too.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 23 2015 11:53 GMT
#1371
On January 23 2015 20:20 Breshke wrote:
DP can you explain how LM is trying to solve the game. I can't see it, the only read he has substantiated is the read on me and he has 5 nulls whose alignments he doesn't seem interested in. Two of those nulls he had promised to look into and still isn't leaning either way on them. How can you call that trying to solve the game.




He was posting some inquisitive questions in the thread earlier. But looking over his filter again I could be wrong after all.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 23 2015 11:54 GMT
#1372
I also am paranoid that everyone in the game seems to be on the LM wagon aside from me which means scum has to be on his wagon, and I have no idea why scum would bus straight after losing trifel.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 23 2015 11:56 GMT
#1373
In that large shining post he has one townie point going for him and everything else is completely meh.

Cookie to those who point out what it was correctly.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 23 2015 12:51 GMT
#1374
On January 23 2015 20:54 DarthPunk wrote:
I also am paranoid that everyone in the game seems to be on the LM wagon aside from me which means scum has to be on his wagon, and I have no idea why scum would bus straight after losing trifel.


Yeah this has been in the back of my mind as well but i don't see how anyone could defend LM here. Yeah looking at his case on me i think it addresses good points about me not actually evaluating his play properly but other than that there is nothing. I really don't think he will flip town.

What is the thing you like about the shinings post i forfeit my chance at a cookie.

@Theshining could you explain why you think DP is town?
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 23 2015 13:29 GMT
#1375
On January 23 2015 20:54 DarthPunk wrote:
I also am paranoid that everyone in the game seems to be on the LM wagon aside from me which means scum has to be on his wagon, and I have no idea why scum would bus straight after losing trifel.


I had this problem before with my first game with Bresh, and pushed a scum wagon, but the original train also turned out to be scum. If it was someone other than LM I'd be more concerned, or if the main point against LM was filter size/inactivity, making it a policy lynch...

You may be right, but provided he is scum, it would be hella difficult to defend him, I think, and trying might make it really easy to find the third scum. My instinct when wagons are too easy is to find a new train, too, but I honestly see nothing redeeming about LM.

I'll need something more concrete on Shining to support a Shining lynch, though. You called his post mostly meh with a sprinkling of town -shrugs- I'm not seeing how that makes him scum? And I'm not seeing the carefulness in his filter you were talking about, or why that couldn't come from town as well.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 14:16 GMT
#1376
On January 23 2015 20:54 DarthPunk wrote:
I also am paranoid that everyone in the game seems to be on the LM wagon aside from me which means scum has to be on his wagon, and I have no idea why scum would bus straight after losing trifel.

Lol. When shining made that post I was like.... "Hmmm me, Damdred, Breshke, Shining, rsoultin... Who doesn't want to lynch LM?"
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 23 2015 14:22 GMT
#1377
DP seems to be involved and connected to the game and giving thoughts, I think even though I have some doubts about him I don't think he would connect himself with the scum team like this if LM is scum which is a real possibility.

Breshke looks the best coming into today really putting in the effort to try to solve the game and answer questions about him

Rsoultin looks great as well, questioning everything and seems paranoid enough to be towny plus actions before.

Jarjar: Un cc'd blue

Town:
Breshke
Rsoultin
DP
JarJar

I think, that Geript feels really disconnected from the game and he sometimes really lacks followup and can't really tell what hes doing anymore. Really seems like yesterday he was disparaging the claim of LS and JarJar trying to put doubts setting up trfels counter claim which trfel totally fell through with. But that's wifom, besides that. The question about the day 1 lynch will bother people because why would mafia want to pull off a town? Perhaps to stop town from lynching LM as a last second lynch, as GB myself both lost ton of traction and GB my main pusher stopped and jarjar was claiming blue so getting people from looking at LM would be good.

LM is the other mafia I think, not trying to solve the game.

I think tis geript and LM at this point. But we will see and geript will give me tons of flack for this post I know hehe

##Vote LM
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-23 15:15:33
January 23 2015 15:15 GMT
#1378
Day 3: Current Vote Count

LoneMeow (3): geript, rsoultin, Damdred

Not Voting (5): The Shining, LoneMeow, DarthPunk, Breshke, jarjarbinks

Currently, LoneMeow is set to be lynched. Day 3 ends in at 22:00 GMT (+00:00).

Reminder to make sure to unvote before voting, if you have already voted someone.

Remember, voting is Mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 23 2015 15:22 GMT
#1379
Fuck that. We're lynching Damdred today. Like the dude literally can't make his mind up on anyone. If I had a nickle for every time he's waffled his read on me then I'm pretty sure I'd have $2.

Seriously Damdred which reads haven't you gone all squiggle legs on? And every time you change your reason for changing views on someone. I don't think I've ever seen someone who's town change their opinions so much in a game. Damdred has literally not read a single filter since his "let's lynch LM" post at the beginning of the day. It's not like he read a filter on D2 either. D1, idk. But with as much flipping his views on everyone he does, I don't think so.

The main reason Damdred should've been lynched in Imperial was lack of doing shit he usually does as town. Usually he's pretty active as town, which he's not really been since D2. Usually he has some goddamn shitty opinion that he pushes, here he's not really pushing anything, his goddamn shitty opinion is extra shitty AND he can't even make up his fucking mind on his goddamn shitty opinion. Damdred has played long enough and has been in this game long enough to have a read to hang his hat on. That's not really there. On top of that this fucking sleezeball was willing to die for his townread that claimed VT. Like townies don't ever EVER do that. They know their reads can be wrong. Plus, he wasn't really doing any sort of anything to convince anyone else to vote for anyone on D1. Like the only redeeming point that Damdred has is that he seemingly wants to kill LM.

#stopthebullshit
#lynchtheperpetuallyundecided
#hisbloodforthebloodgod
##unvote
##vote Damdred
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
January 23 2015 17:54 GMT
#1380
On January 22 2015 22:52 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 06:57 LoneMeow wrote:
Wait, TheWarWaffle was actually voting with his previous best scum read Trfel? Yeah I'm ok with lynching him.

##Unvote
##Vote: TheWarWaffle


I'm not Breshke. But this is why I think you're scum, if I had to choose one vote in your entire filter.

The JJB one was eh, but GB looked pretty townie imo at the time you posted it, so I don't find it terribly alignment indicative, however that reads like complete contrived BS. WW AFKd a vote on GB (again not alignment indicative, and GB was a scumread for him all game) and trfel only switched to GB a good deal later. It's factually untrue and looks to be grasping at straws to justify a vote change.


You do realise that I did not exactly have all the time in the world to check the sequence of events for deciding whether to switch? Also, why would I even bother to switch if I was scum? Both wagons were on town (I consider jarjarbinks 99.99% confirmed).
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4138
Leta 2815
Soulkey 546
Soma 338
Rush 217
Barracks 153
Killer 61
Shine 34
Shinee 34
Hm[arnc] 25
[ Show more ]
Sharp 14
Dota 2
Gorgc1405
XcaliburYe177
League of Legends
JimRising 519
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns4916
WinterStarcraft713
Sick197
Pyrionflax133
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 43
• 3DClanTV 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2265
League of Legends
• Jankos2444
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
59m
Patches Events
5h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 59m
OSC
13h 59m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.