• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11005 users

Student Mafia V - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 21 Next All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 20:58 GMT
#702
On January 19 2015 05:50 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:45 geript wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:44 rsoultin wrote:
Geript is dodging my queeeessstions to buddy up with DP. Hi geript. If you want to convince me you're town (and maybe you don't, but I don't know how wise a move that is) you probably shouldn't do that. ^^

If you can't read 2 of my posts and know that I'm town, then there's really nothing I could ever say that would change that. I'm buddying up to DP because he's the only good player who I'm sure is town and can get an honest opinion on.


I can post 2 good posts as scum, too. Probably not as well as veterans can, but I can. I can also talk my way out of a mislynch as scum.

You've shown a proclivity to ignore/not fully read wall posts yet expect people to read yours and townread you for them. I'm asking you why you keep scumreading Trfel hard, then saying he could be town, yet keeping him in both your good lynch and don't lynch piles. He is the only one you are doing that with.

Saying he could be scum or town = null to me. At the very least, if you have such big reservations, why is he in your 5-man lynch pile? It's not adding up and you're refusing to clarify.

You're literally either being dense or mafia. I've covered why Trfel is in my group of good lynches multiple times now. There's literally only 1 person who I would never lynch in this game and that's DP. I maybe could write a good case on him... Maybe. There's not a single other player in this game who I don't have reasons to find as being mafia. Overall, I take the good and the bad I have on a player and weigh them. If you don't like that, then I have no qualms about ramrodding a lynch in either your or JJB's direction just out of spite.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:00 GMT
#707
On January 19 2015 05:56 DarthPunk wrote:
Yeah that makes sense I guess GB.

Like it's not particularly convincing but It's not incorrect either.

yah.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:03 GMT
#713
On January 19 2015 05:56 Damdred wrote:
I'm glad you asked me dp, I am lazy and think your obvious town. I don't see you being Scum nor a lynch so I'm ignoring your filter because I read you in thread as town.

Geript is pretty town, if he's alive after d2 and no roles claim he's pulling a Russian mafia but he looks super towny

LS is town based on hi a addiction to meta as town.

Jjb is mafia I think

Why do you think DP is obvious town? Like I've played a billion games with DP and without that I'd probably be all up in his butt for his LS read, his townread on me, not really wanting to lynch GB.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:03 GMT
#715
Also, I don't think Damdred was townreading LS for addiction to meta previously. lemme check.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:09 GMT
#723
On January 19 2015 06:03 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:58 geript wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:50 rsoultin wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:45 geript wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:44 rsoultin wrote:
Geript is dodging my queeeessstions to buddy up with DP. Hi geript. If you want to convince me you're town (and maybe you don't, but I don't know how wise a move that is) you probably shouldn't do that. ^^

If you can't read 2 of my posts and know that I'm town, then there's really nothing I could ever say that would change that. I'm buddying up to DP because he's the only good player who I'm sure is town and can get an honest opinion on.


I can post 2 good posts as scum, too. Probably not as well as veterans can, but I can. I can also talk my way out of a mislynch as scum.

You've shown a proclivity to ignore/not fully read wall posts yet expect people to read yours and townread you for them. I'm asking you why you keep scumreading Trfel hard, then saying he could be town, yet keeping him in both your good lynch and don't lynch piles. He is the only one you are doing that with.

Saying he could be scum or town = null to me. At the very least, if you have such big reservations, why is he in your 5-man lynch pile? It's not adding up and you're refusing to clarify.

You're literally either being dense or mafia. I've covered why Trfel is in my group of good lynches multiple times now. There's literally only 1 person who I would never lynch in this game and that's DP. I maybe could write a good case on him... Maybe. There's not a single other player in this game who I don't have reasons to find as being mafia. Overall, I take the good and the bad I have on a player and weigh them. If you don't like that, then I have no qualms about ramrodding a lynch in either your or JJB's direction just out of spite.


Okay, don't explain why he's the special pool straddler; that's fine. Spite voting is so townie

So am I to understand that your purpose for buddying up to DP has nothing to do with the fact that before you started he said your opinion was the only opinion he gave a flying fuck about?

I have no clue why you're distracting me from doing something useful here. I've played with DP a bunch. I was a major reason why he was the last man standing in a VS game where I correctly read Rayn as town, I pushed mafia all D1 and acceded from my own spectacular case on one mafia to an ok case on another mafia while retracting a previous townread on DP. He knows I'm a good player. I know he's a good player; I've seen him hold together good lynches while numerous bad lynches are sprouting up left and right. Damdred's an up and comer. The two of us are quite literally the only "names" in this game. Like BH isn't even really a "name" anymore because he hosts too much and is more interested in doing silly stuff than playing actual mafia. Welcome to the world outside of the kiddy pool. If you want to be recognized as a good player, you need to prove it.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:31 GMT
#757
@DP What do you think of LM.

I reread Shining's filter, I don't think I want to lynch him either. So one of my townreads is surely wrong unless it's a mafia team of like LM/JJB/GB. That doesn't quite feel right.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:33 GMT
#759
And WW
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:38 GMT
#771
Why is WW town GB?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:51 GMT
#814
##Unvote
##vote WarWaffle


I'd feel really bad if this guy got mislynched 2 games in a row, but actually open his filter and read it here. There are a few things that really stick out to me. None of his reads change. In my notes, I've also noted that none of his reads stick out from general thread sentiment either.

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 18 2015 06:54 TheWarWaffle wrote:
For my top 3 of mafia: GlowingBear, Trfel, and possibly one of the lurkers. I think that the parallels between both GB and Trfel's beginning posts (both post something considered controversial by others; both posts are later deemed unsatisfactory for either alignment; both can bow rest easy that they were both in the spotlight early, something that Mafia almost certainly wan to avoid... But if done right, can cement 2 mafia members as town for the rest of the game... Unless they can prove otherwise, of course.

Not enough information: Breshke, LoneMeow, and The Shining have not posted enough to determine alignment as of my current read-through. Anyone who suggests otherwise is denying that they are policy lynches... Something not recommended for day 1.

Town leaning: rsoultin, jarjarbinks, geript, DarthPunk, and Damdred. These people have either asked questions that needed to be asked, acted similarly to other games where they were town, or have otherwise contributed to the discussion without posting a dead-end theory.

Special: LightningStrike. No idea. Not even going to bother.


This post stuck out to me because of the GB/Trfel read. It's a summary read; he's not actually giving his own opinion but rather just summarizing what he think of what the thread says. That suggests insecurity to me especially has he's shown he's quite capable of making good obvservastions himself.

+ Show Spoiler +
[QUOTE]On January 18 2015 12:11 TheWarWaffle wrote:
Trfel: Beginning the game with a policy vote, on one of the most veteran players, makes no sense from a town perspective. His concerns regarding LS seem odd considering he always posts this way. Indeed, many of Trfel's meta-reads are effectively useless. I don't know why he would be making meta-reads based on the fact that he is playing completely different than his previous game. There is a great deal of fluff in almost all of his posts if one looks close enough... excessive repetition of known facts, lengthening of paragraphs with "purple prose", etc.

GlowingBear: First posts of the game are completely worthless. No reason to post most of them. He accuses Trfel of making bad posts repeatedly, and then through one aggressive comment attacking rsoultin's accusation, GB suddenly finds Trfel the towniest of town. Most of GB's posts promote discussion and point fingers without making any substantial claims. Most of my suspicion of GB comes from a lack of reasoning for his actions; a disconnect between why he posts what he did. If that does not explain what is wrong with his posts then I doubt I can quantify it.He is my number 2 mafia suspect as of now.

Note that both Trfel and GlowingBear push accusations towards either inactive or lurking players, and just as quickly take them back.

I believe that through my evidence and the evidence provided by others such as rsoultin and geript, Trfel is the best lynch candidate at this time, though GlowingBear is a close second. I am unsure as to who the final mafia is at this moment.

##Vote: Trfel

Again nothing changes. Like he's saying that there's good evidence from others, but doesn't actually bring any of that up. If he really thinks that he's not supporting his opinion at all. Additionally, WW seems to read people as town based on promoting discussion or adding to discussion.

I'd make a longer case but gogogogogogogo
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:52 GMT
#820
Trust me people like 100%. I'm pretty sure that I gave a bad townread for being jovial and missed the whole thing.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:52 GMT
#825
DP, GB might actually be town here. That's why I've been looking at other lynches. Reminded me of me in Imperial.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:53 GMT
#828
I don't hate a JJB lynch, but we do need to lynch WW
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:54 GMT
#832
On January 19 2015 06:53 Damdred wrote:
Geript vote jarjar to save GB then

Or you could help me lynch WW
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:55 GMT
#838
5 minutes people. Go lynch WW
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:56 GMT
#841
On January 19 2015 06:55 Damdred wrote:
I am on mafia I think Geript

You might be, but there's a much better chance I'm on mafia.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:57 GMT
#847
Yah, or you could just lynch WW like I want to
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 21:57 GMT
#852
that rsoultin vote...
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 22:00 GMT
#862
motherfuck
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 22:02 GMT
#868
On January 19 2015 07:00 GlowingBear wrote:
WHAT MORE DID YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THIS GUY IS TOWN FFS

thank you for yet another unexplained useless read
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 22:02 GMT
#870
On January 19 2015 07:01 Damdred wrote:
Medic protect jarjar.

Or wifom whatever, shining I most mafia in the thread.

That's actually quite incorrect play.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 623
ProTech131
UpATreeSC 125
JuggernautJason48
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31332
Calm 3035
Shuttle 825
firebathero 161
Mini 120
Dewaltoss 115
HiyA 28
Hyun 28
Bale 27
NaDa 25
[ Show more ]
soO 23
Aegong 19
PianO 19
Free 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7779
XaKoH 279
Fuzer 147
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1609
fl0m1463
x6flipin258
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu568
Other Games
FrodaN1260
Beastyqt774
ceh9551
B2W.Neo546
mouzStarbuck410
Livibee191
byalli153
C9.Mang0127
RotterdaM104
KnowMe99
ToD95
Trikslyr79
Mew2King56
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie801
• WagamamaTV262
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 33m
Replay Cast
4h 18m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.