• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:40
CEST 19:40
KST 02:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11430 users

Student Mafia V - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 19 Next All
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 08:42 GMT
#523
On January 18 2015 17:39 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2015 17:37 jarjarbinks wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:34 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:32 geript wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Honestly what are the coaches doing nowdays? The amount of meta arguments in this game is Literally. Blowing. My. Mind.

I think people aren't using coaches as much as I've seen in the past. I know they're criminally underused in general. I also think that some coaches probably should be coaching. I'm honestly not sure I should be coaching; I'm not sure I'm good enough.


Nah you are good now. Like 6 months to a year ago no way.


How long have you guys played this game?!

Looks like 2 years


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/353315-newbie-mini-mafia-xxii Two and a half for me.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 08:46 GMT
#526
Look how nice I used to be post game:

On August 10 2012 10:08 DarthPunk wrote:
Well Played town. <3


Golbat: I think that your mislynch was purely down to your indecisiveness in regards to Mordanis. If you are goign to make a vote make sure that you are at least confident enough to not unvote as soon as someone questions you. Overall you seemed nice and I was sorry to see you go.

Mordanis: <3 you were really useful to me this game as my go to scum read. Sorry for tunnelling you but there was always something I could spin. Your reads and thoughts in the qt were a huge improvement from what I saw in the game.

Shady: Gah you were the second most frustrating person this game. Twice it came down to you to simply not switch your vote. With Zork and with me. but you made the right call every time. Well done.

Ange777: You came out of nowhere to carry this game on your back! Easily the best player from zork onwards, but I really didn't view you as a threat before that. I think that the more sure you are in your reads the better you are at arguing them.
I will be very wary of you as scum in the future. (maybe policy NK?)

GoodKarma: You were frustrating for refusing to lynch Mordanis. And then the complete opposite when you were the only player to see my arguments my way. I wish you had been more vocal day 4 maybe then I could have got out of my lynch.

Obvious.660: I would be really interested to hear what the reason was that you changed your mind on me. You had some correct reads early but your conclusions didn't really come out that way. If you thought alan and I were scum you should have pushed it with a good argument.

JingleHell: Your attitude doesn't do you any favors. Although you knew what I was up to when I foolishly tried to defend you If I had just left you be, you would have earned us a mislynch with no effort on our part. You have good reads and ideas but the way you present them actually reduces their value.

aRyuujin: Hey buddy . If it wasn't for ange777 I think I could have turned that lynch around onto you instead. Nevertheless It was great that you became active and I enjoyed arguing with you!

Promethelax: You seem really nice and I look forward to rolling town with you in the Future! Sorry for mislynching you. You should read the scum QT where we plan it out, we are all super worried haha. We thought you were the doctor (which in our eyes was confirmed when you said there was a reason for buddying Keir) and we were all really nervous about actively trying to snipe you with a mislynch. I don't think there was enough to lynch you on and if town were playing that day as they played later it would have been different I think.

Keirathi we thought you had a power role and so your NK was a snipe. I thought it was almost confirmed when you were saved. Because not only did I read you as a blue a Townie did. Turns out that was not the case. Early on you were well reasoned and slow to jump on bandwagons and thus were a dangerous player.

Zorkmid: Zork, I think we collectively made bad decisions, It's not your fault we lost. Alan and I should have bussed you night 2 as soon as we saw that slip. Oh Well. I think alot of the miscommunication (not being in the QT that often) came from Malaysia (alan) and Australia (me) being such different Time zones from yours.

alan: You are really good at this game. It's unfortunate you had such incompetent scum buddies and ange to deal with. You are really smart and were essentially my scum coach this game. GG <3

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 09:08 GMT
#532
##unvote:

Lightning is basically unlynchable IMO

I just read every single game he has played on TL and this obsession with meta is something his town play developed during Christmas carol and Newbie LX and was absent from his single scum game.

It's terrible and awful and bad but it probably makes him town which is good to know.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 09:09 GMT
#533
On January 18 2015 17:59 The Shining wrote:
I'm not sure I'm okay with a Jar Jar lynch today. This is one of the only games I've played with him where he's tried to defend himself and respond to questions on D1. I didn't like his entrance and his posts aren't the best but the fact that he's present and answering questions directed towards him makes me think he's not trying to hide anything, just not really sure what to do.


Tell me who you want to lynch and why.

Tell me who is unlynchable and why.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 10:06 GMT
#542
On January 18 2015 18:17 The Shining wrote:
DP - You asked the people town reading LS to give you a better idea of why we got those reads. I looked back into his filter and realized a bit of it is fear and being weary from my last game. I did say I lost count of how many times I saw meta in his filter and seeing Geript and you attack newbies using meta made me certain there was a reason I found it odd. As LS posted more, the gaps in between useful posts actually posting suspicions, reads and questioning others became wider.

I read over your case on him and I do agree with one thing. He doesn't have genuine reads. He sheeped off of RSo last game and apparently looked to do so this game by asking for her early in the thread. I mentioned in the newbie game he did that same sheeping in the last Student Mafia with batsnacks. I was convinced he was scum last game, as he was in the last Student Mafia, but he flipped VT. It leaves me 50/50 on what he'll flip this time. I don't think he's my top lynch candidate yet, but I think I can be convinced depending on his defense.


Hmm considering the games of his I read he looks to be pretty likely town in this game so I don;t want to lynch him right now after all.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 10:07 GMT
#543
On January 18 2015 18:45 The Shining wrote:
DP -

Unlynchable -
Geript - He's broken his 10 post limit, he really is helping Town and some of his questioning follows some of my trains of thoughts. I don't like lurkers and someone else who doesn't and is willing to pressure them seems Townie to me. The fact that I'm perceived as a lurker for coming in late is just something I'll have to swallow.
DP- A good filter. You're analyzing and picking apart everyone's posts and suspicions on everything with no discrimination, which shows me you're trying to piece this game together and not sparing any feelings. You're also directly pushing people into the spotlight with questions and promoting conversation. Town can't afford to lose that.

Who I want to lynch:
LoneMeow - Lurker lynch/policy lynch. It's unfortunate but there always seems to be one or more scum members in every game that lurk or straight up AFK. In my 1 game of experience here(I KNOW, RIGHT?! So experience), 1 of the scum team members ended up being replaced for AFK so I know it isn't impossible. The few posts I saw were decent questions but nothing really stood out.
GB - Refer to my read leaning scum on GB. GB has posted nothing since and I'd lynch for a lack of response to explanations for the driveby reads with only a few short explanations. It seem haphazardly thrown together, not thought out at all.

Everyone else I've either gave reads on, am just now starting to feel out in the thread(Breshke) or want to see more from before I make a strong decision. This is all still a learning experience for me and I'd like to finally be right on a scum flip, for once.


Do you think scum or town are more likely to not think through their posting? why/why not?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 10:10 GMT
#544
I just realized that Cool getting mod-killed gave us one less lynch to play with...
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 13:21 GMT
#550
do you really think geript is mafia for suspecting you? because that seems super retarded.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 20:37 GMT
#672
What an ungodly hour to wake up for a lynch.

What's the go here geript? I would prefer to lynch damdred over Glowingbear.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 20:43 GMT
#679
Glowing bear your case on Damdred is exceedingly average. Like he says he might be ok to lynch you but that it is doubtful.

Like the crux of the argument is that damdred should not change his mind about his town read on you based on his solid grasop of your meta and to prove his grasp on your meta you link your post about his meta. Sure it shows you have played together a lot, but that doesn't mean he has to be scum to change his mind.

Glowingbear what happened to your vote on Geript and what do you think of damdred refusing to read my filter?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 20:44 GMT
#682
On January 19 2015 05:35 rsoultin wrote:
I'm getting more and more okay with a geript lynch.


What the fuck is this shit.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 20:45 GMT
#684
On January 19 2015 05:43 geript wrote:
Plus, GB has me as his #2 which is like big red flashing lights. I'd reread rsoultin but I read her last night. I think her JJB protection would happen regardless of alignment.


in before everyone calling you scum is scum.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 20:47 GMT
#688
Damdred

Why won't you read my filter?

What are your thoughts on my alignment?

What are your thoughts on geripts alignment?

What are your thoughts on JJB and LightningStrike?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 20:49 GMT
#690
On January 19 2015 05:48 The Shining wrote:
Catching up from my last post. In response to your question of whether town or scum would think their posts through more.

DP - I find that Townies, especially paranoid townies, will second guess and double check and triple check everything someone is saying and doing. Our goal is to actively find scum and you don't do that without really thinking out your questions and responses. Scum does have to think out their posts, too, but I have also seen scum hastily post up a few thoughts just to increase their presence in the thread before fading back into the shadows.


Well that is nice and all shining but really we should be figuring out who to lynch right now.

Fuck me.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 20:56 GMT
#699
Yeah that makes sense I guess GB.

Like it's not particularly convincing but It's not incorrect either.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 20:59 GMT
#705
On January 19 2015 05:56 Damdred wrote:
I'm glad you asked me dp, I am lazy and think your obvious town. I don't see you being Scum nor a lynch so I'm ignoring your filter because I read you in thread as town.

Geript is pretty town, if he's alive after d2 and no roles claim he's pulling a Russian mafia but he looks super towny

LS is town based on hi a addiction to meta as town.

Jjb is mafia I think


Why is JJB mafia?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 21:00 GMT
#708
On January 19 2015 05:59 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:56 Damdred wrote:
I'm glad you asked me dp, I am lazy and think your obvious town. I don't see you being Scum nor a lynch so I'm ignoring your filter because I read you in thread as town.

Geript is pretty town, if he's alive after d2 and no roles claim he's pulling a Russian mafia but he looks super towny

LS is town based on hi a addiction to meta as town.

Jjb is mafia I think


See, he is townreading you without having a good grasp of your filter.

He is townreading LS for BS reason, c'mon.


Well I AM obv town. And I am townreading LS for the same reason.

What happened to your geript is mafia thing?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 21:05 GMT
#717
I find it kinda weird that after posting this:

On January 18 2015 21:59 GlowingBear wrote:
##Unvote
##Vote: geript


I love how you instantly scumread me after town-ish newbies starts scumreading me.

I bet you're mafia.


On January 18 2015 23:04 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2015 22:21 DarthPunk wrote:
do you really think geript is mafia for suspecting you? because that seems super retarded.



It's pretty clear that I said he is mafia not because he is suspecting me, but because he started suspecting me just when town-ish newbies did so.

As the veteran he is, it should be pretty clear to him that I'm not a good lynch today


Glowingbear basically dropped his geript read out of nowhere to lynch damdred when he admits himself that damdred case is kinda weak and average.

On January 19 2015 05:57 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:56 DarthPunk wrote:
Yeah that makes sense I guess GB.

Like it's not particularly convincing but It's not incorrect either.


I can't find a better argument on day1, honestly.


On January 19 2015 06:02 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 06:00 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:59 GlowingBear wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:56 Damdred wrote:
I'm glad you asked me dp, I am lazy and think your obvious town. I don't see you being Scum nor a lynch so I'm ignoring your filter because I read you in thread as town.

Geript is pretty town, if he's alive after d2 and no roles claim he's pulling a Russian mafia but he looks super towny

LS is town based on hi a addiction to meta as town.

Jjb is mafia I think


See, he is townreading you without having a good grasp of your filter.

He is townreading LS for BS reason, c'mon.


Well I AM obv town. And I am townreading LS for the same reason.

What happened to your geript is mafia thing?


Damdred happened o.o


Yeah but that case is not so strong to completely drop calloing geript mafia (which is in itself a weird omgus vote cause geript is obv town.)



"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 21:06 GMT
#720
On January 19 2015 06:03 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:58 geript wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:50 rsoultin wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:45 geript wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:44 rsoultin wrote:
Geript is dodging my queeeessstions to buddy up with DP. Hi geript. If you want to convince me you're town (and maybe you don't, but I don't know how wise a move that is) you probably shouldn't do that. ^^

If you can't read 2 of my posts and know that I'm town, then there's really nothing I could ever say that would change that. I'm buddying up to DP because he's the only good player who I'm sure is town and can get an honest opinion on.


I can post 2 good posts as scum, too. Probably not as well as veterans can, but I can. I can also talk my way out of a mislynch as scum.

You've shown a proclivity to ignore/not fully read wall posts yet expect people to read yours and townread you for them. I'm asking you why you keep scumreading Trfel hard, then saying he could be town, yet keeping him in both your good lynch and don't lynch piles. He is the only one you are doing that with.

Saying he could be scum or town = null to me. At the very least, if you have such big reservations, why is he in your 5-man lynch pile? It's not adding up and you're refusing to clarify.

You're literally either being dense or mafia. I've covered why Trfel is in my group of good lynches multiple times now. There's literally only 1 person who I would never lynch in this game and that's DP. I maybe could write a good case on him... Maybe. There's not a single other player in this game who I don't have reasons to find as being mafia. Overall, I take the good and the bad I have on a player and weigh them. If you don't like that, then I have no qualms about ramrodding a lynch in either your or JJB's direction just out of spite.


Okay, don't explain why he's the special pool straddler; that's fine. Spite voting is so townie

So am I to understand that your purpose for buddying up to DP has nothing to do with the fact that before you started he said your opinion was the only opinion he gave a flying fuck about?


He already knew that sweetie.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 21:13 GMT
#732
Does nobody care that GB dropped his scum read out of nowhere for a poor case on damdred?

##Vote: Glowingbear.

That is the scummiest thing in the game so far.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 623
UpATreeSC 118
ProTech48
JuggernautJason31
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33846
Calm 3366
Shuttle 1181
actioN 234
firebathero 181
Hyuk 125
Barracks 114
Dewaltoss 101
Liquid`Ret 66
Hyun 34
[ Show more ]
HiyA 24
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Free 22
soO 21
NaDa 18
PianO 18
Shine 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8595
Dendi1122
XaKoH 379
Fuzer 98
League of Legends
KnowMe73
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1383
fl0m1086
x6flipin834
Other Games
singsing2164
FrodaN1295
Beastyqt652
B2W.Neo336
ceh9333
mouzStarbuck289
Livibee189
byalli183
C9.Mang0170
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr84
Mew2King65
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
Other Games
• Shiphtur872
• imaqtpie526
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 35m
Replay Cast
5h 20m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.