• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9731 users

Student Mafia V - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:24 GMT
#506
On January 18 2015 17:22 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2015 17:17 jarjarbinks wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:05 geript wrote:
Ok JJB, I've have 10 minutes left to live before the mafia day vigilante shoots me are you ready to play a game?


Sure whatsup.

Describe Damdred, Rsoultin and Trfel with 1 color and 1 animal.
e.g.
Damdred [color] [animal]


like based on what I know of them as a person?
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:31 GMT
#510
Sure

Damdred: a brown gecko

Rsoultin: A red owl

Trfel: A tan chihuahua
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:36 GMT
#515
I think I've misunderstood some of (his?) posts and I can't get a read on him in game. This is the only game I've played with him. Don't know him very well. Someone said something about not reading him well for a long time.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:37 GMT
#518
On January 18 2015 17:34 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2015 17:32 geript wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Honestly what are the coaches doing nowdays? The amount of meta arguments in this game is Literally. Blowing. My. Mind.

I think people aren't using coaches as much as I've seen in the past. I know they're criminally underused in general. I also think that some coaches probably should be coaching. I'm honestly not sure I should be coaching; I'm not sure I'm good enough.


Nah you are good now. Like 6 months to a year ago no way.


How long have you guys played this game?!
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:39 GMT
#520
Small dog. Usually barks really loud. Reminds me of how he started the game, then backtracked when people got on him.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:41 GMT
#521
On January 18 2015 17:39 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2015 17:37 jarjarbinks wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:34 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:32 geript wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Honestly what are the coaches doing nowdays? The amount of meta arguments in this game is Literally. Blowing. My. Mind.

I think people aren't using coaches as much as I've seen in the past. I know they're criminally underused in general. I also think that some coaches probably should be coaching. I'm honestly not sure I should be coaching; I'm not sure I'm good enough.


Nah you are good now. Like 6 months to a year ago no way.


How long have you guys played this game?!

Looks like 2 years


Dang. I don't want to play you ever if your mafia lol
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:46 GMT
#525
lol she might not like me for that one. She can get fixated at times and generally doesn't like it when people straight up lie to her. Carries grudges sometimes. Can get frustrated easily.

To get brownie points for that I'll say she is one of my favorite people to have a conversation with and is pretty funny. Also super smart and stuff! lol
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:47 GMT
#527
Ok I can see how playing with people who haven't played for very long could get you guys frustrated then. Hopefully we all improve in time...lol
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 09:13 GMT
#535
On January 18 2015 17:54 The Shining wrote:
Geript - Town lost the game in the last Newbie by lynching Jar Jar D3. I was set to be lynched D1 before WW's lynch picked up speed. I'm addressing it because you said I was more nitpicky in that game. I would probably agree with you but the fact is I'm not a fan of D1, never have been. First D1 in my 1st TL game, we lynched a blue role. I still don't really like how that tasted. I'm much better at vote analysis and seeing if people's N1/D2 play and reactions stay consistent.

I'm also not really sure why my argument against the setup is weird. When I read JJ's post, I checked the OP to see if there was a Doc/Cop setup. It took me a few seconds. I found it weird that JJB went on a Google search with this info instead of checking himself. What would stop him from checking all the possible setups when mentioning the setup being the reason he couldn't think of a plan? Only thing I could come up with is him possibly knowing the setup and not being interested in the alternatives. I won't put much weight on anything concerning setups after my balance theory regarding Doc and Vet(which was right btw) wasn't listened to but I still definitely felt it worth mentioning. Putting any thought out there is better than staying quiet any longer.


Ya I didn't address this lol This will probably make me look kind of bad. I actually did read the 3 different types of town roles... lol I initially went there before I did the analysis on the whole no lynch thing (I can send you a link for it if I figure out how to do that with excel!) I looked back today and saw that cop/medic is really a thing lol. I could see why Shining and Rsoultin would scum me on this, because it definitely was pretty bad that I went off thinking that cop and medic couldn't be a role after literally reading the three roles lol

I don't see how Shining picking up on the cop/medic thing makes him mafia. His BS meter probably just went off because he read the rules before the game started.

jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 09:18 GMT
#537
On January 18 2015 18:11 Breshke wrote:
I don't get why jarjar being present in the thread and responding to questions means he couldn't be mafia?

Rsoultin said he is competitive so wouldn't he still try if not try harder as scum because he needs to stay alive.


Good question on the being present in the thread and responding to questions thing. I feel like that is generally something everyone does?

I would disagree with this, at least from my limited experience. At least based on my only game, if town mislynches town 3 times then town is equally screwed as long as medic doesn't save anyone. My last game we had 3 straight mislynches and we were done. I think this game has the same number of players.

jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 09:20 GMT
#538
I'm sure there will be some more questions when I wake up tomorrow. I'll try to answer them and piece together something of substance for us before voting time.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 20:03 GMT
#645
OK read up and stuff.

Questions:

Geript: does GB usually contribute better than in this game? His filter isn't as high quality as yours but he definitely appears to be scumhunting IMO.

Damdred: Was the vote for GB reactionary? Or was it really because he was "boring"? Is boring enough to lynch him? Have you read DP's filter yet? He's already given the reaction you claimed to be looking for.

Rsoultin: What are your thoughts on LM now that he's posted some more?

Let me know if you have questions for me. I'll probably be on here for about 30 more minutes looking for things.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 20:27 GMT
#658
On January 19 2015 05:09 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:03 jarjarbinks wrote:
OK read up and stuff.

Questions:

Geript: does GB usually contribute better than in this game? His filter isn't as high quality as yours but he definitely appears to be scumhunting IMO.

Damdred: Was the vote for GB reactionary? Or was it really because he was "boring"? Is boring enough to lynch him? Have you read DP's filter yet? He's already given the reaction you claimed to be looking for.

Rsoultin: What are your thoughts on LM now that he's posted some more?

Let me know if you have questions for me. I'll probably be on here for about 30 more minutes looking for things.


^ What makes me think JJB is town. Dude, please explain your mislynches response when Breshke asked if scum couldn't try hard if they were competitive, too?

Pin in LM. Sometimes I will not state my thoughts aloud if I think that will cause someone to play differently than they otherwise would, especially when I'm still trying to get reads on certain players.


LOL. I was about to post a reply to that. I can't tell if LM didn't understand my reasoning or just wanted to "not understand it" to help his case.

Based on the number of players, if town mislynches 3 straight times town loses. Just like if we lynch mafia 3 straight times mafia loses. That is equal. As a member of either team, I would equally not want to be lynched.

That was my thought process. Lets look at day 1 mislynch vs lynching mafia. Mislynch would kill 2 people (1 day and 1 night unless there is a medic and medic is lucky enough to save the right vet/towny person). The number of people would be 8 to 3, causing a large spark in mafia's favor. IF mafia is lynched instead, the number is now 9 to 2. A large spark in towns favor. Those proportions also are a relatively equal deal in terms of influence IMO. If we mislynch day 1, town has to:
1: get a good enough read to garner enough votes to overrule 3 mafia votes.
2. get over losing one of their best players on our team
3. get over pressure of mislynching twice after being completely wrong on day 1

We are already at a disadvantage after cool getting modkilled.

For all of those reasons I would be equally despondent if I am lyched day 1 as either town or mafia. Hopefully that was less mumbo jumbo lolz
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 20:34 GMT
#665
On January 19 2015 05:12 Damdred wrote:
I never put a vote on GB what are you talking about jarjar?

No I haven't read dps filter


Your right. I thought you voted for him but that was geript...lol Sorry about not making sense in my questions towards you. I think that was strike two lolz

How come about the DP filter? Did he just give you a townie vibe? Or do you think you wouldn't be able to tell if he's scum and it isn't worth going through?
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 20:41 GMT
#678
On January 19 2015 05:37 rsoultin wrote:
Pssht JarJar you just validated Breshke's argument against you xP That being try-hard is not alignment indicative.


LOL this is why I would never try to be a lawyer xD
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 20:54 GMT
#693
On January 19 2015 05:46 GlowingBear wrote:
Jar jar
Who is scum and why?


You could convince me that damdred is scum with a slightly better argument. I don't know him. I don't know why he answered mine and now DP's questions about not reading DP's filter. Being a little wish-washy on you probably isn't enough for my vote though. I think that's why you asked this question.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 20:55 GMT
#696
On January 19 2015 05:45 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:44 rsoultin wrote:
Geript is dodging my queeeessstions to buddy up with DP. Hi geript. If you want to convince me you're town (and maybe you don't, but I don't know how wise a move that is) you probably shouldn't do that. ^^

If you can't read 2 of my posts and know that I'm town, then there's really nothing I could ever say that would change that. I'm buddying up to DP because he's the only good player who I'm sure is town and can get an honest opinion on.


How do you know DP is town? Was it something he did? It does appear like he's scumreading after reading his filter.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 20:56 GMT
#697
EBWOP: scumhunting not scumreading
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 21:08 GMT
#722
GB:

My three people I would vote as mafia are you damdred and LM.

1. LM
2. Damdred
3. GB

I don't like damdred's last posts.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 21:10 GMT
#724
##Vote: LoneMeow
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings5
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech163
Nina 143
ViBE109
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14621
Artosis 592
PianO 22
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever551
canceldota142
NeuroSwarm123
League of Legends
Doublelift4013
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1513
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe50
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g5795
FrodaN976
shahzam527
C9.Mang0310
Mew2King28
Day[9].tv14
Maynarde8
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• RyuSc2 26
• Response 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1166
• Shiphtur488
• Day9tv14
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 56m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.