• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:56
CEST 19:56
KST 02:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8377 users

New Years Eve Party Mini Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 20:29 GMT
#920
SL is actually a claimed role but you somehow still don't have a read on him.

You've ignored the entirety of the lian/me interaction in favor of saying "I'm just complaining about thread atmosphere."

You've listed me in a scumteam with lian when it's obvious that we can't be a team.

Your proposed team (if you can even call it that, since you have a team made up of half the game) doesn't make any sense and you're open to way too many lynches at once.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 20:31 GMT
#922
On January 12 2015 05:26 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Here's why: you have way too many unexplained scumreads and it looks like you're ignoring parts of peoples filters rather than trying to grasp the whole picture.


They're not actually unexplained: just badly explained.

Either way, I don't like them.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 20:32 GMT
#923
On January 12 2015 05:30 lalalipop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 05:26 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Here's why: you have way too many unexplained scumreads and it looks like you're ignoring parts of peoples filters rather than trying to grasp the whole picture.


I have 3 scumreads... way too many?

I also never included anything from first half of d1.


I was under the impression that you had Oats/Breshke as possible lynches.

Am I mistaken?
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 20:54 GMT
#928
On January 12 2015 05:46 lalalipop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 05:31 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On January 12 2015 05:26 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Here's why: you have way too many unexplained scumreads and it looks like you're ignoring parts of peoples filters rather than trying to grasp the whole picture.


They're not actually unexplained: just badly explained.

Either way, I don't like them.


Read their filter for the explanation, if you don't think liancourt is scumm for his d1 end/d2 filter, I'll go eat a sock


You called me scum because I called liancourt out for shitposting.

How does a townie think this?
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 20:55 GMT
#929
Actually.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 20:55 GMT
#930
On January 12 2015 05:47 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 05:13 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On January 12 2015 05:00 Eden1892 wrote:
I am hopelessly behind, working a double double is garbage. I'm voting Oats b/c out of my two suspects he hasn't really done anything to try to solve the game. Will catch up when I can. Sorry I suck

Vote Oats


Vote somebody that's up for lynch.

K I vote u bby






Jk I'm gonna sheep you, that cool?


Do something.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 20:56 GMT
#931
I might renege this lala thing.

I don't know who I'd vote otherwise though. I still don't really get the drp scumreads.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:02 GMT
#935
I'm not pushing drp.

I'm wary of my read on lian because I don't know if I'd lynch him for personal reasons or not, and I know I try to lynch people who piss me off. I'm kind of on the fence because I can see scum motivation for shitting up the thread, but at the same time I don't think mafia would be so blatant about trying to make enemies.

Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:02 GMT
#937
I swear lala isn't actually reading.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:02 GMT
#938
On January 12 2015 06:02 lalalipop wrote:
Show nested quote +
SL is actually a claimed role but you somehow still don't have a read on him.


I'm not hunting for pr, why should I care what role SL claims? (he explicitly claimed it, but I don't buy that)


If you think that claim is anything other than inoptimal and town as fuck then you need to check your life.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:04 GMT
#942
On January 12 2015 06:03 lalalipop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 06:02 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I'm not pushing drp.

I'm wary of my read on lian because I don't know if I'd lynch him for personal reasons or not, and I know I try to lynch people who piss me off. I'm kind of on the fence because I can see scum motivation for shitting up the thread, but at the same time I don't think mafia would be so blatant about trying to make enemies.



you need to provide a conclusion. If you have a gun over liancourt's head, are you going to shoot or drop the gun?


Shoot.

But shooting is different from lynching.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:08 GMT
#946
On January 12 2015 06:06 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 06:02 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I'm not pushing drp.

I'm wary of my read on lian because I don't know if I'd lynch him for personal reasons or not, and I know I try to lynch people who piss me off. I'm kind of on the fence because I can see scum motivation for shitting up the thread, but at the same time I don't think mafia would be so blatant about trying to make enemies.


Did you forget about Ritoky in Carol? Ritoky pretty much was making enemies Day 1 of that game. Also did you notice that Lian not making spoilered posts like he did in Russia Today and Carol?


I see reasonable doubt in my case which is why I'm not pushing him.

I don't see how your second point matters.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:10 GMT
#949
Uhm.

Why are you guys killing Oats?
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:10 GMT
#951
On January 12 2015 06:10 lalalipop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2015 10:23 sicklucker wrote:
I dont care because im not a very useful role. Ill just say that im not the cop. Im not a veg because I would have shot. Im a confirmed town you should all sheep because no ones scum hunting except on obi who Is a likely town.


I don't buy it because our rb just got killed and assuming mafia is 3 goon, there will be a useful role + rb.

In the worst case scenario, 3 mafia pr. 3-4 town pr. rb dead, 2-3 more pr.

pr talk aside, his claim just feel like "I don't want to play anymore so if I don't die on n2 then lynch me" more than "yolo".


So what?

Do you think he's going to intentionally make his own life harder by claiming a role for no reason as mafia or what?
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:12 GMT
#953
On January 12 2015 06:12 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 06:08 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:06 LightningStrike wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:02 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I'm not pushing drp.

I'm wary of my read on lian because I don't know if I'd lynch him for personal reasons or not, and I know I try to lynch people who piss me off. I'm kind of on the fence because I can see scum motivation for shitting up the thread, but at the same time I don't think mafia would be so blatant about trying to make enemies.


Did you forget about Ritoky in Carol? Ritoky pretty much was making enemies Day 1 of that game. Also did you notice that Lian not making spoilered posts like he did in Russia Today and Carol?


I see reasonable doubt in my case which is why I'm not pushing him.

I don't see how your second point matters.

Meta wise Lian as town would make these annoying ass spoilered posts and made it hard for me to read his thoughts but this game he haven't.
##Vote: Lian


So he's mafia for making his own posts easier to read?
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:18 GMT
#960
On January 12 2015 06:16 mderg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 06:15 LightningStrike wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:12 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:12 LightningStrike wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:08 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:06 LightningStrike wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:02 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I'm not pushing drp.

I'm wary of my read on lian because I don't know if I'd lynch him for personal reasons or not, and I know I try to lynch people who piss me off. I'm kind of on the fence because I can see scum motivation for shitting up the thread, but at the same time I don't think mafia would be so blatant about trying to make enemies.


Did you forget about Ritoky in Carol? Ritoky pretty much was making enemies Day 1 of that game. Also did you notice that Lian not making spoilered posts like he did in Russia Today and Carol?


I see reasonable doubt in my case which is why I'm not pushing him.

I don't see how your second point matters.

Meta wise Lian as town would make these annoying ass spoilered posts and made it hard for me to read his thoughts but this game he haven't.
##Vote: Lian


So he's mafia for making his own posts easier to read?

He's mafia because of meta at least in my eyes. Also seemed to get ticked off a little bit easier this game than in Carol too.

That's some really flawed meta, though. I can definitely see lian being mafia but not for that.


+1
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:20 GMT
#964
On January 12 2015 06:17 lalalipop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 06:10 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:10 lalalipop wrote:
On January 11 2015 10:23 sicklucker wrote:
I dont care because im not a very useful role. Ill just say that im not the cop. Im not a veg because I would have shot. Im a confirmed town you should all sheep because no ones scum hunting except on obi who Is a likely town.


I don't buy it because our rb just got killed and assuming mafia is 3 goon, there will be a useful role + rb.

In the worst case scenario, 3 mafia pr. 3-4 town pr. rb dead, 2-3 more pr.

pr talk aside, his claim just feel like "I don't want to play anymore so if I don't die on n2 then lynch me" more than "yolo".


So what?

Do you think he's going to intentionally make his own life harder by claiming a role for no reason as mafia or what?


More like he have intentionally made his life easier since nobody cares if he is in the thread anymore. He is a claimed pr. Claiming because his pr is 'useless'. He also talked about how he claimed just to waste mafia shots/abilities. Both town and scum can claim here.


If nobody cares in the thread anymore then what's the point of him claiming a role as mafia?

I have been assuming that there was 3 scum since its standard for 12-14 player mafia games. What if there were 4 mafia? He could have claimed for giggles since the game was boring anyway.


I don't see how this means anything.

In any case, if he lives for very long, will you start to suspect him?


Duh.

This is the exact reason we are telling you his claim is bad. It makes absolutely no sense to claim there as scum in order to get his lynch of choice, especially since it means he lives forever and will eventually be suspected due to not dying as a claimed role.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:22 GMT
#967
On January 12 2015 06:21 lalalipop wrote:
I'm more on board for a lian lynch.

obi, if you will shoot him, you're going to lynch him. Its the same thing.


No it's not.

@Batsnacks: If SL is actually a miller, what makes you think claiming miller makes him mafia?
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:26 GMT
#971
On January 12 2015 06:25 lalalipop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2015 06:20 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:17 lalalipop wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:10 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On January 12 2015 06:10 lalalipop wrote:
On January 11 2015 10:23 sicklucker wrote:
I dont care because im not a very useful role. Ill just say that im not the cop. Im not a veg because I would have shot. Im a confirmed town you should all sheep because no ones scum hunting except on obi who Is a likely town.


I don't buy it because our rb just got killed and assuming mafia is 3 goon, there will be a useful role + rb.

In the worst case scenario, 3 mafia pr. 3-4 town pr. rb dead, 2-3 more pr.

pr talk aside, his claim just feel like "I don't want to play anymore so if I don't die on n2 then lynch me" more than "yolo".


So what?

Do you think he's going to intentionally make his own life harder by claiming a role for no reason as mafia or what?


More like he have intentionally made his life easier since nobody cares if he is in the thread anymore. He is a claimed pr. Claiming because his pr is 'useless'. He also talked about how he claimed just to waste mafia shots/abilities. Both town and scum can claim here.


If nobody cares in the thread anymore then what's the point of him claiming a role as mafia?

I have been assuming that there was 3 scum since its standard for 12-14 player mafia games. What if there were 4 mafia? He could have claimed for giggles since the game was boring anyway.


I don't see how this means anything.

In any case, if he lives for very long, will you start to suspect him?


Duh.

This is the exact reason we are telling you his claim is bad. It makes absolutely no sense to claim there as scum in order to get his lynch of choice, especially since it means he lives forever and will eventually be suspected due to not dying as a claimed role.


I don't think the objective of his claim was to get a lynch of his choice. Rather, it was to avoid being lynched. Claiming a useless role so that its still possible for him to stay alive since shooting a useless blue = shooting random townie, while he don't have to scream "roleblocked!!!" for the rest of the game.

If he was town, he is helping mafia since mafia will let him stay alive and let us kill him for them.


Nobody was lynching him.

Your read doesn't make any sense.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 11 2015 21:34 GMT
#976
I don't know who to vote.
Retired.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 232
BRAT_OK 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 949
Shuttle 635
Horang2 227
firebathero 107
Zeus 78
Hyun 56
soO 49
ToSsGirL 36
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 17
[ Show more ]
Bishop 12
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
qojqva2158
420jenkins522
Counter-Strike
fl0m4972
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu487
Other Games
Grubby2532
FrodaN708
Beastyqt583
KnowMe231
Livibee189
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 50
• 3DClanTV 44
• Adnapsc2 25
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach105
• FirePhoenix24
• Michael_bg 7
• 80smullet 5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1765
Other Games
• Shiphtur563
• imaqtpie386
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 4m
Patches Events
21h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.