• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10331 users

Imperial Mafia - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 511 Next
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 15:54 GMT
#461
On January 01 2015 00:51 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:24 geript wrote:
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.

???
Is Marv 100% mafia or not?

Also the fact that you don't want to be friends with me makes me very sad and very angry. The pitchfork and noose kind of angry.
On January 01 2015 00:30 Lazermonkey wrote:
Hi everyone

Because of NYE, I will only be able to be active for a few hours today. Tomorrow I'll have more time though. Chyz looks scummy. Though I do think people are attacking him for the wrong reasons. The discussion between DH and rikoty WAS stupid. But if you look at Chyz opening post, he doesn't give any actual opinion about the players involved other than that rikoty should move on. Nowhere does he speak about their alignment.

On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.

Chyz doesn't follow up with anything at all untill he is called out. Why is it that he the first thing that he felt he had to post was that people was on the wrong track, instead of actually trying give some of his own opinion? This is scum mentality.

##Vote: TheChyz

That's pretty much the exact reason I gave though; not following through with new discussion after saying the current one was pointless, so why do you say "people" are attacking him for the wrong reasons?

100% as in I've never read him wrong as town. As for mafia or not, idk for sure yet. He is the only vet that I'm not leaning town on currently. We can be friends Artanis, but watch out after I flip people will call you scummy for buddying me. Best to leave that vote where it is wink wink.

[image loading]
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
December 31 2014 15:57 GMT
#462
On January 01 2015 00:53 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:50 Lazermonkey wrote:
Its not necesarily wrong with making a post saying that a discussion is stupid. The problem is when the only post you have is a post calling a discussion stupid. Why is it, after all the of the discussion and multiple people calling out rikoty, that all Chyz did was saying that the discussion was stupid? Just like Artanis said, why say "do something usefull" and proceed to do nothing yourself?

Granted, he did put up some reads later but only after he was called out.

Don't you think there is a scum motive in trying to look active while not really pushing the thread forward? Because I would argue that is what Chyz did.

Show me a game in which Chyz is a townleader.

My read on Chyz is not based on meta. I have never played nor read one of his games. Is this how he normaly plays as town you think?
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 16:06 GMT
#463
Artanis can you give a read on some other players who have spoken.

Ritoky and DrH specifically.
Zerg for Life
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 16:07 GMT
#464
On January 01 2015 00:57 Lazermonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:53 Koshi wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:50 Lazermonkey wrote:
Its not necesarily wrong with making a post saying that a discussion is stupid. The problem is when the only post you have is a post calling a discussion stupid. Why is it, after all the of the discussion and multiple people calling out rikoty, that all Chyz did was saying that the discussion was stupid? Just like Artanis said, why say "do something usefull" and proceed to do nothing yourself?

Granted, he did put up some reads later but only after he was called out.

Don't you think there is a scum motive in trying to look active while not really pushing the thread forward? Because I would argue that is what Chyz did.

Show me a game in which Chyz is a townleader.

My read on Chyz is not based on meta. I have never played nor read one of his games. Is this how he normaly plays as town you think?


2 people were doing something that nobody so far found useful for 20 posts in a row.
1 guy said to those 2 people to stop their shitposting and asks on of them to do something useful in 1 post.

The 1 guy gets crap for doing not more pro-towns things in his 1 post and the 2 people who made 20 shitpost together are not discussed.

---

I don't get it. Is it meta? Scum generally do exactly 1 protown thing in their post?

I get that TheChyz could have also done more digging himself, create more content, actively question people and look for scum. But unless he has a meta for doing those things, I am already content with him doing the 1 thing. It's more than others.

And like you said, he did scumhunting after that. It doesn't matter that people had to ask him for it. It is important that he did it, and I don't see you commenting on the value of those posts. You just say: "He did scumhunting because he was asked for it, so it doesn't count".
I had a good night of sleep.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 16:07 GMT
#465
On January 01 2015 00:54 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:51 geript wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:24 geript wrote:
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.

???
Is Marv 100% mafia or not?

Also the fact that you don't want to be friends with me makes me very sad and very angry. The pitchfork and noose kind of angry.
On January 01 2015 00:30 Lazermonkey wrote:
Hi everyone

Because of NYE, I will only be able to be active for a few hours today. Tomorrow I'll have more time though. Chyz looks scummy. Though I do think people are attacking him for the wrong reasons. The discussion between DH and rikoty WAS stupid. But if you look at Chyz opening post, he doesn't give any actual opinion about the players involved other than that rikoty should move on. Nowhere does he speak about their alignment.

On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.

Chyz doesn't follow up with anything at all untill he is called out. Why is it that he the first thing that he felt he had to post was that people was on the wrong track, instead of actually trying give some of his own opinion? This is scum mentality.

##Vote: TheChyz

That's pretty much the exact reason I gave though; not following through with new discussion after saying the current one was pointless, so why do you say "people" are attacking him for the wrong reasons?

100% as in I've never read him wrong as town. As for mafia or not, idk for sure yet. He is the only vet that I'm not leaning town on currently. We can be friends Artanis, but watch out after I flip people will call you scummy for buddying me. Best to leave that vote where it is wink wink.

[image loading]

Actually, after reading/thinking about Koshi. I think I'm going to move him back into null.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 16:08 GMT
#466
boo
I had a good night of sleep.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 16:10 GMT
#467
On January 01 2015 01:06 KelsierSC wrote:
Artanis can you give a read on some other players who have spoken.

Ritoky and DrH specifically.

I dunno what to think about Dr. Helvetica, probably leaning town because people with a critical mass of words tend to be town, and I agree with him on Chyz being suspect though that might be my own bias as documented before.
I've already given my read on Ritoky. All I remember from him is a ridiculous USA USA USA campaign in Cell. He seems like a spazzy player. Need more info to discern between him going after someone for the sake of it or if there's method to the madness.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 16:11 GMT
#468
On January 01 2015 01:07 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:54 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:51 geript wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:24 geript wrote:
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.

???
Is Marv 100% mafia or not?

Also the fact that you don't want to be friends with me makes me very sad and very angry. The pitchfork and noose kind of angry.
On January 01 2015 00:30 Lazermonkey wrote:
Hi everyone

Because of NYE, I will only be able to be active for a few hours today. Tomorrow I'll have more time though. Chyz looks scummy. Though I do think people are attacking him for the wrong reasons. The discussion between DH and rikoty WAS stupid. But if you look at Chyz opening post, he doesn't give any actual opinion about the players involved other than that rikoty should move on. Nowhere does he speak about their alignment.

On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.

Chyz doesn't follow up with anything at all untill he is called out. Why is it that he the first thing that he felt he had to post was that people was on the wrong track, instead of actually trying give some of his own opinion? This is scum mentality.

##Vote: TheChyz

That's pretty much the exact reason I gave though; not following through with new discussion after saying the current one was pointless, so why do you say "people" are attacking him for the wrong reasons?

100% as in I've never read him wrong as town. As for mafia or not, idk for sure yet. He is the only vet that I'm not leaning town on currently. We can be friends Artanis, but watch out after I flip people will call you scummy for buddying me. Best to leave that vote where it is wink wink.

[image loading]

Actually, after reading/thinking about Koshi. I think I'm going to move him back into null.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record,
Why?
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 16:13 GMT
#469
On January 01 2015 01:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:06 KelsierSC wrote:
Artanis can you give a read on some other players who have spoken.

Ritoky and DrH specifically.

I dunno what to think about Dr. Helvetica, probably leaning town because people with a critical mass of words tend to be town, and I agree with him on Chyz being suspect though that might be my own bias as documented before.
I've already given my read on Ritoky. All I remember from him is a ridiculous USA USA USA campaign in Cell. He seems like a spazzy player. Need more info to discern between him going after someone for the sake of it or if there's method to the madness.


ok I like that read you gave on DrH that feels towny.



Zerg for Life
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 16:15 GMT
#470
Laazermonkey I have "your" chyz read , can you give some thoughts about other players in the game?
Zerg for Life
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 16:18 GMT
#471
On January 01 2015 01:11 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:07 geript wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:54 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:51 geript wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:24 geript wrote:
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.

???
Is Marv 100% mafia or not?

Also the fact that you don't want to be friends with me makes me very sad and very angry. The pitchfork and noose kind of angry.
On January 01 2015 00:30 Lazermonkey wrote:
Hi everyone

Because of NYE, I will only be able to be active for a few hours today. Tomorrow I'll have more time though. Chyz looks scummy. Though I do think people are attacking him for the wrong reasons. The discussion between DH and rikoty WAS stupid. But if you look at Chyz opening post, he doesn't give any actual opinion about the players involved other than that rikoty should move on. Nowhere does he speak about their alignment.

On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.

Chyz doesn't follow up with anything at all untill he is called out. Why is it that he the first thing that he felt he had to post was that people was on the wrong track, instead of actually trying give some of his own opinion? This is scum mentality.

##Vote: TheChyz

That's pretty much the exact reason I gave though; not following through with new discussion after saying the current one was pointless, so why do you say "people" are attacking him for the wrong reasons?

100% as in I've never read him wrong as town. As for mafia or not, idk for sure yet. He is the only vet that I'm not leaning town on currently. We can be friends Artanis, but watch out after I flip people will call you scummy for buddying me. Best to leave that vote where it is wink wink.

[image loading]

Actually, after reading/thinking about Koshi. I think I'm going to move him back into null.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record,
Why?

Because it was mostly based off of him feeling Eden off initially. It's something that's harder to do as mafia and he posted ok-ish reasons. To some extent I even "got" why he suspected me. But when I read his 2-page filter (first page is really setup), there's nothing I find particularly insightful or Marv-lite how I remember him playing as town. Plus, I'm kinda scared because I think my past two games with him I've town read him for bad reasons and been wrong both times.
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
December 31 2014 16:19 GMT
#472
On January 01 2015 01:07 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:57 Lazermonkey wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:53 Koshi wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:50 Lazermonkey wrote:
Its not necesarily wrong with making a post saying that a discussion is stupid. The problem is when the only post you have is a post calling a discussion stupid. Why is it, after all the of the discussion and multiple people calling out rikoty, that all Chyz did was saying that the discussion was stupid? Just like Artanis said, why say "do something usefull" and proceed to do nothing yourself?

Granted, he did put up some reads later but only after he was called out.

Don't you think there is a scum motive in trying to look active while not really pushing the thread forward? Because I would argue that is what Chyz did.

Show me a game in which Chyz is a townleader.

My read on Chyz is not based on meta. I have never played nor read one of his games. Is this how he normaly plays as town you think?


2 people were doing something that nobody so far found useful for 20 posts in a row.
1 guy said to those 2 people to stop their shitposting and asks on of them to do something useful in 1 post.

The 1 guy gets crap for doing not more pro-towns things in his 1 post and the 2 people who made 20 shitpost together are not discussed.

---

I don't get it. Is it meta? Scum generally do exactly 1 protown thing in their post?

I get that TheChyz could have also done more digging himself, create more content, actively question people and look for scum. But unless he has a meta for doing those things, I am already content with him doing the 1 thing. It's more than others.

And like you said, he did scumhunting after that. It doesn't matter that people had to ask him for it. It is important that he did it, and I don't see you commenting on the value of those posts. You just say: "He did scumhunting because he was asked for it, so it doesn't count".

The reason I asked if you knew his meta was because you dismissed my by implying that unless you generally act as a townleader, stuff like this isn't scummy. I disagree.

Saying to two people that they should stop arguing over stupid shit is protown. But it is very non-commital. Its okay to do stuff like that as long as you are pushing scum as well. But Chyz wasn't hunting scum, not untill people called him out for not hunting scum.

It does not matter if he scumhunted after he was called out. If you are town and get called out for that, you scum hunt because it helps town. If you are scum, you scum hunt to avoid suspicion. The fact that he started scum hunt after he got called out for it IS not alignment indicative.

I feel what is relevant here is what his motive was. Its clear that he was reading the thread, its clear that he wrote a post, its clear that he didn't care to post any reads untill he got called out for it. What alignment does these action make sense from?
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 16:28 GMT
#473
Eden, ritoky, Artanis, Lazermonkey all jumped on that Eden post. Putting him high on the scumpile.
Dr.H was sceptical and called Chyz Mr. critic.
geript made a mental note that Chyz is newb town.
marv ignored it.
Palmar ignored it.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 16:28 GMT
#474
on that EdenChyz post*
I had a good night of sleep.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 16:35 GMT
#475
On January 01 2015 01:18 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:11 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 01:07 geript wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:54 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:51 geript wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 00:24 geript wrote:
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.

???
Is Marv 100% mafia or not?

Also the fact that you don't want to be friends with me makes me very sad and very angry. The pitchfork and noose kind of angry.
On January 01 2015 00:30 Lazermonkey wrote:
Hi everyone

Because of NYE, I will only be able to be active for a few hours today. Tomorrow I'll have more time though. Chyz looks scummy. Though I do think people are attacking him for the wrong reasons. The discussion between DH and rikoty WAS stupid. But if you look at Chyz opening post, he doesn't give any actual opinion about the players involved other than that rikoty should move on. Nowhere does he speak about their alignment.

On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.

Chyz doesn't follow up with anything at all untill he is called out. Why is it that he the first thing that he felt he had to post was that people was on the wrong track, instead of actually trying give some of his own opinion? This is scum mentality.

##Vote: TheChyz

That's pretty much the exact reason I gave though; not following through with new discussion after saying the current one was pointless, so why do you say "people" are attacking him for the wrong reasons?

100% as in I've never read him wrong as town. As for mafia or not, idk for sure yet. He is the only vet that I'm not leaning town on currently. We can be friends Artanis, but watch out after I flip people will call you scummy for buddying me. Best to leave that vote where it is wink wink.

[image loading]

Actually, after reading/thinking about Koshi. I think I'm going to move him back into null.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record,
Why?

Because it was mostly based off of him feeling Eden off initially. It's something that's harder to do as mafia and he posted ok-ish reasons. To some extent I even "got" why he suspected me. But when I read his 2-page filter (first page is really setup), there's nothing I find particularly insightful or Marv-lite how I remember him playing as town. Plus, I'm kinda scared because I think my past two games with him I've town read him for bad reasons and been wrong both times.

Don't you feel that his response to my question about his read on you was pretty townie though? It showed intense clarity of thought on his behalf, with a very coherent story. Which I am now thinking about and I'm wondering what I was thinking because I don't understand myself anymore.

Koshi was suspicious of Dr. H.
Koshi found Geript's buddying of Dr. H suspicious.
But that wouldn't make sense if Koshi thought Dr. H was suspicious because scum buddying scum doesn't help them as much as buddying town.
Can someone explain me my own logic because I think I lost the plot
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
December 31 2014 16:39 GMT
#476
On January 01 2015 01:15 KelsierSC wrote:
Laazermonkey I have "your" chyz read , can you give some thoughts about other players in the game?

Outside of Robik and Chyz, not too much.

geript I'm a bit torn on. Initially, I thought he was a bit scummy (waiting for Palmar, Marv etc) but he has been active and was one of the players that really got the discussion going. This is making me like him somewhat, as scum there is no reason to be that active in the start of the game really. Slight town read on him.

I think sicklurker posted some relevant things at the start of the game. Not much though, but a slight town read this far.
TheChyz
Profile Joined November 2013
Canada238 Posts
December 31 2014 16:40 GMT
#477
Happy NYE everybody. Will be catching up on posts.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 16:40 GMT
#478
Hi thread.
Most importantly I agree very much with those 3 posts:
On December 31 2014 20:50 marvellosity wrote:
let's kill ritoky. he pushed absolute bullshit reasons for all his scumreads in Carol and was generally unwarrantedly aggressive. I can't believe he's so dumb to push something for 10+ posts here which was a joke.

Literally the only hesitation is that I can't believe he would play exactly the same for another game running.

Nothing else is very interesting. Chyz gets time. DrH didn't demonstrate Chyz was mafia, just maybe that he made a read he shouldn't have. tbc.

On December 31 2014 20:55 marvellosity wrote:
yeah NYE is a terrible time to start in the end.

I am a bit suspicious of geript too, but I don't know if it's because he's actually scummy. His wanting a bunch of ppl to turn up because he's so good at reading them reminds me of Russia Today where he said very similar things about being good town and being able to read certain people. but maybe he can do it as town also, just i haven't seen anything else to make me think he's town this game. tbc.

On December 31 2014 20:52 Palmar wrote:
Btw, as I'm probably going to be mostly unavailable today (it's new year's eve... why did we even start?). I'll just throw out very much not curated thoughts I had while reading up to like page... 16?

I'll catch up with the rest later.

geript is sort of scummy in some respects. I have no idea why 20 minutes into the game he started wishing for random people to be there to talk to him. Also, everything he says is sort of... too clean? not dumb enough? I don't know how to describe it and it's just a feeling based on memory, I haven't gone back and re-read, so I'd need to confirm.

Eden came off strong and he said something I thought was really dumb.

DrH is probably town, and he had a post that made me feel good about that read.

Damdred is probably town too. He too has a post I can't remember that made me think "oh that looks like a townie".

Koshi overreacting on this page (21) to DrH's dismissal of koshi's defense was kinda mafia. Idk though.

I should probably just sheep marv and lynch him if he's wrong. That's always a fine strategy.

Remember, these reads I'm just throwing out literally from memory of having read like 4-6 pages this morning. Don't pretend these are some concrete observations.

Geript really reminds me of russian mafia were he also highly overexaggerated his own play early on. I don't remember him doing it as town so far. Ritoky just tunneled Dr. H with some bullshit reasoning that he doesn't even believe is scummy. What is the point in pushing it then? The answer is there is no point.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 16:41 GMT
#479
On January 01 2015 00:24 geript wrote:
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.

Explain.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 16:44 GMT
#480
On December 31 2014 16:22 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 14:54 sicklucker wrote:
Mspaint. and No.

So like a scum dandred wont make a midnight opening joke post about him being mafia. Like who starts a mafia game at midnight. Scum would be more inclined to lurk untill tomorrow.

Im getting a slight town read from it. Dont see how you can get a strong read either way as in to like vote him. Awkward start of the game votes at the first thing they read piss me off.

it still ain't midnight in imperial sson

Get out slam. Please don't talk with people as host.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 511 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings95
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 454
hero 423
BeSt 252
Mind 35
Terrorterran 24
Bale 22
Noble 12
yabsab 10
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King141
Other Games
summit1g10122
ArmadaUGS42
Livibee30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH339
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Rush1354
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 2m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.