• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10387 users

Imperial Mafia - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 511 Next
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 31 2014 17:07 GMT
#501
On January 01 2015 02:03 justanothertownie wrote:
Damdred are you just questioning Chyz right now or do you scumread Robik? Do you think Chyz knows Robiks meta?


I'm just questioning Chyz. I don't know Chyz experience with robik but he brought him up and wrote him off pretty easily.

I'm undecided about Robik right now.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 17:07 GMT
#502
On January 01 2015 02:05 Lazermonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:59 Damdred wrote:
On January 01 2015 01:58 Lazermonkey wrote:
On January 01 2015 01:49 KelsierSC wrote:
so Lazer monkey one of your main points about chyz is that he didn't have a town/scum read early on and didn't give it till someone pushed him, yet you are also unable to give a read on any of the 3 main protagonists in the early game. (eden, drh and rit) . So you are scum to?

This doesn't make any sense what so ever. I'm sorry.


Hes asking you if you have thoughts on the three people who are getting a good bit of discussion going atm, if one person is scummy for not being able t do this are you scum.

Yhea, but my suspcion against Chyz was not based on the fact that he didn't post about the main protagonists in the game (in fact, he did). But rather that he didn't give any read of his own. I have given my thoughts about a few people but not the three he mentioned I guess.

Then now would be a good time to do that, don't you agree? Your reads are awfully easy and convenient if Chyz should be town.
TheChyz
Profile Joined November 2013
Canada238 Posts
December 31 2014 17:07 GMT
#503
On January 01 2015 02:02 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:58 TheChyz wrote:
I don't like how koshi entered the thread. But afterwards he makes a decent defense of me and seems to be able to make a coherent read on me. I don't see a point to defend me as scum so early on with little votes and as such that leans town to me.

I don't see where people are getting this geript thing. If someone can enlighten me but I liked his intros into the thread, nothing amazing but better than the other fluff people were posting. Later on he has seem to slacked off a bit but other than not seeming to scum hunt as much as I'm used he doesn't seem scummy. null for me. Maybe you guys know him better than I and have a bad feeling but I don't see anything conclusive.

I don't like lazer atm. He hasn't really done any scum hunting this game and is rehashing old stuff and using it again. The read on robik is w/e. Robik has done nothing except "activity" posts so obv that doesn't look good as town. However him making a read on those 2 robik posts and having nothing on anybody else apart from me doesn't sit right. His case on me can be thought of both ways and as such is pointless. Basically his reasoning is if I was scum and was asked to push my thoughts I would. But the same case can be made of me as town. I don't like his play atm and want more from him.
##Vote: Lazermonkey


Could you one talk more about lazer deserves your vote over someone say Robik who is typically a ton more posty as town.

We have posted a ton of stuff on geript what is your thoughts about it? Why are you taking this stance without even attacking kels case or any of the other things people have posted?

And finally the bolded how was his entrance better....he claimed town by first post that seems such a weird thing to incluce


My last post was in response to the fyi
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 31 2014 17:07 GMT
#504
O hai!
I'm town

I'm also on the beach so I'm not reading the thread yet.

First page = geript and damdy trolling mafai.

Brb
I'm adorable.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 17:07 GMT
#505
On January 01 2015 02:06 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:58 justanothertownie wrote:
Same same.
Doing fine. Won't be around as much as usual today obviously.
Any thoughts about the game at hand?

Thanks buddy.

Regarding the game...I have absolutely no ideas as I have read maybe like 3 total posts. I thought this would start Friday, so I was kinda surprised when I saw there were 13-14 pages. I"m kinda intimidated now that there are 25 pages and my desire to catch up is non-existent. I will give you my assurance that I have rolled quite the favorable alliance (given my extreme disdain for rolling mafia, it should be easy to figure out what that is), and I will be helping in the mass execution of all mafiosos.

Hi Robik.
I will lynch you if you do not read the thread. I hope that is enough motivation.
Kind regards,
Artanis
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 17:08 GMT
#506
On January 01 2015 02:06 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:58 justanothertownie wrote:
Same same.
Doing fine. Won't be around as much as usual today obviously.
Any thoughts about the game at hand?

Thanks buddy.

Regarding the game...I have absolutely no ideas as I have read maybe like 3 total posts. I thought this would start Friday, so I was kinda surprised when I saw there were 13-14 pages. I"m kinda intimidated now that there are 25 pages and my desire to catch up is non-existent. I will give you my assurance that I have rolled quite the favorable alliance (given my extreme disdain for rolling mafia, it should be easy to figure out what that is), and I will be helping in the mass execution of all mafiosos.

I see a problem here. How will you help with the mass execution if you don't want to catch up?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 17:09 GMT
#507
On January 01 2015 02:06 TheChyz wrote:
I don't usually pay much attention to people until they actually do something. Ionno, its kinda like ppl policy lynching lurkers and such (since that is kinda what robik is doing). By no means is he town but also saying nothing is not really anything to jump on top of, at least not yet anyway. Usually lurkers lurk by day 1 and if he wants to do that, fine. Doesn't mean he will probably last day 2 if he continues that way.

By entrance I meant more like the first few posts of the game. Ionno, it just felt very similar to the other time I played with him in which he was town. I don't think any of the posts on geript hold any real substance (unless I scimmed through an important one too quickly) and are kinda more like peoples soft reads on him.

Dafuq are you talking about?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 17:09 GMT
#508
On January 01 2015 02:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Like, everyone's jumping down on his throat and he starts his post with "I don't like how Koshi entered the thread" which is pretty much the only person that really defended him.

I've called him town twice so far I think. But shhhh, don't tell those people who think I'm mafia. It could look bad for me.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
December 31 2014 17:10 GMT
#509
On January 01 2015 02:08 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 02:06 IAmRobik wrote:
On January 01 2015 01:58 justanothertownie wrote:
Same same.
Doing fine. Won't be around as much as usual today obviously.
Any thoughts about the game at hand?

Thanks buddy.

Regarding the game...I have absolutely no ideas as I have read maybe like 3 total posts. I thought this would start Friday, so I was kinda surprised when I saw there were 13-14 pages. I"m kinda intimidated now that there are 25 pages and my desire to catch up is non-existent. I will give you my assurance that I have rolled quite the favorable alliance (given my extreme disdain for rolling mafia, it should be easy to figure out what that is), and I will be helping in the mass execution of all mafiosos.

I see a problem here. How will you help with the mass execution if you don't want to catch up?

Gut....and I will catch up at some point in the future...you know...like when it's not NYE
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 31 2014 17:10 GMT
#510
On January 01 2015 02:06 TheChyz wrote:
I don't usually pay much attention to people until they actually do something. Ionno, its kinda like ppl policy lynching lurkers and such (since that is kinda what robik is doing). By no means is he town but also saying nothing is not really anything to jump on top of, at least not yet anyway. Usually lurkers lurk by day 1 and if he wants to do that, fine. Doesn't mean he will probably last day 2 if he continues that way.

By entrance I meant more like the first few posts of the game. Ionno, it just felt very similar to the other time I played with him in which he was town. I don't think any of the posts on geript hold any real substance (unless I scimmed through an important one too quickly) and are kinda more like peoples soft reads on him.


Well I point you to Kels post if you haven't read it. The case is pretty decent for this early,do you just write that off as no substance?

How many games have you played with geript so far?

I can understand the stance on robik, but he is more lurky as mafia i'm not sure if i've ever seen him lurk as town.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 17:11 GMT
#511
To clarify: You are not really talking about Robik there I guess, Lazer?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 17:12 GMT
#512
On January 01 2015 02:09 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 02:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Like, everyone's jumping down on his throat and he starts his post with "I don't like how Koshi entered the thread" which is pretty much the only person that really defended him.

I've called him town twice so far I think. But shhhh, don't tell those people who think I'm mafia. It could look bad for me.

It would be beneficial if you stopped being sarcastically passive-aggressive dear.
I don't feel like lynching you at this point in time though.
##Unvote
##Vote IAmRobik

<3
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
December 31 2014 17:12 GMT
#513
On January 01 2015 02:07 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 02:06 IAmRobik wrote:
On January 01 2015 01:58 justanothertownie wrote:
Same same.
Doing fine. Won't be around as much as usual today obviously.
Any thoughts about the game at hand?

Thanks buddy.

Regarding the game...I have absolutely no ideas as I have read maybe like 3 total posts. I thought this would start Friday, so I was kinda surprised when I saw there were 13-14 pages. I"m kinda intimidated now that there are 25 pages and my desire to catch up is non-existent. I will give you my assurance that I have rolled quite the favorable alliance (given my extreme disdain for rolling mafia, it should be easy to figure out what that is), and I will be helping in the mass execution of all mafiosos.

Hi Robik.
I will lynch you if you do not read the thread. I hope that is enough motivation.
Kind regards,
Artanis

Do you actually believe you'll get me lynched unless people vote me out of spite?

Let me point you to something.....

IAmRobik 0/14 = 0.0000%


It will be 0/15 after this game.
TheChyz
Profile Joined November 2013
Canada238 Posts
December 31 2014 17:12 GMT
#514
On January 01 2015 01:39 Lazermonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:15 KelsierSC wrote:
Laazermonkey I have "your" chyz read , can you give some thoughts about other players in the game?

Outside of Robik and Chyz, not too much.

geript I'm a bit torn on. Initially, I thought he was a bit scummy (waiting for Palmar, Marv etc) but he has been active and was one of the players that really got the discussion going. This is making me like him somewhat, as scum there is no reason to be that active in the start of the game really. Slight town read on him.

I think sicklurker posted some relevant things at the start of the game. Not much though, but a slight town read this far.


On January 01 2015 02:05 Lazermonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:59 Damdred wrote:
On January 01 2015 01:58 Lazermonkey wrote:
On January 01 2015 01:49 KelsierSC wrote:
so Lazer monkey one of your main points about chyz is that he didn't have a town/scum read early on and didn't give it till someone pushed him, yet you are also unable to give a read on any of the 3 main protagonists in the early game. (eden, drh and rit) . So you are scum to?

This doesn't make any sense what so ever. I'm sorry.


Hes asking you if you have thoughts on the three people who are getting a good bit of discussion going atm, if one person is scummy for not being able t do this are you scum.

Yhea, but my suspcion against Chyz was not based on the fact that he didn't post about the main protagonists in the game (in fact, he did). But rather that he didn't give any read of his own. I have given my thoughts about a few people but not the three he mentioned I guess.


Problem is that the other reads you have made is based on the fact that you dont have much (as I have bolded) and as such they are not good enough reads. You should have some more reads than me and robik. Let's hear some scum hunting and not 24/7 bandwagoning.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 17:12 GMT
#515
Shit. I misread something. Ignore me.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
December 31 2014 17:13 GMT
#516
On December 31 2014 16:33 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 16:18 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On December 31 2014 16:12 geript wrote:
On December 31 2014 16:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
He just did post his own conclusions on geript lol. Why are you so on peoples nuts this early, you're treating everythinf like you're 5 minutes away from posting some earth shattering case

That's because Eden keeps on coming across as more and more scummy the more he posts. Plus it's kinda what I do.

@Eden - I'm not much good at anything besides reading in between the lines and bullying (apprentice of Ace style), but when I start to see the things I understand and that jump out of me I really stick to it. I do think you're town and that since you seem to be pretty diligent and detailed I feel good about what you might be able to add or pick out of my cases later. I'm actually pissed I didn't roll scum in this game. I started playing mafia as scum in like 8 straight games and then really got it again. I do look at meta if I'm really suspicious of someone or can't figure out their behavior. It's too much of a pain in the ass to do if I'm not gonna really make use of it

Lemme revisit this later, the appeals to me in here are setting off alarms but I can't tell if I'm being unfair/suffering from confirmation bias or if there's something there. I'll rattle off a brief idea of the problems and see if I still agree with it on a later read / if anyone else has anything to say about it. It makes me feel like I'm being buddied but again, I'm not sure I'm being fair.
- The appeal both to my perceived innocence and alleged attention to detail and diligence bother me in a site meta-environment where, broadly speaking, aggressive asshole = town and not-aggressive-asshole = mafia. I actually feel really bad calling this out because I really would like to believe Doc is town and just not running with that meta-environment (which I would love, because I think it's not a fun meta-environment), but based on my past experiences here, these kinds of appeals are more likely to come from mafia than town than chance suggests.
- Addendum to the above, my rough recollection of Ace is that he practically wrote the heuristic I mentioned above with his harsh but effective town plan, so it's (again?) incongruous to me that Doc plays a "read between the lines, bullying" game and then is nice and relatively uncritical of me in this post.
- The appeals shifted toward something about being mad about not rolling scum that I swear I've only ever heard mafia say. Maybe my past experience is broken but it just feels off.

update: I reread this post after going to sleep and it still bothers me for ^reasons. Doc immediately going super-hard on Chyz felt opportunistic; if Chyz is town then his intro post was perfect fodder for mafia under suspicion to go after to look town. I'm not really sure what Koshi et al see in Chyz to make him town.

I feel fairly confident saying one of Doc or Chyz is mafia. Gonna catch up on the rest of the thread and then probs question Chyz.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 17:14 GMT
#517
On January 01 2015 02:12 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 02:07 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On January 01 2015 02:06 IAmRobik wrote:
On January 01 2015 01:58 justanothertownie wrote:
Same same.
Doing fine. Won't be around as much as usual today obviously.
Any thoughts about the game at hand?

Thanks buddy.

Regarding the game...I have absolutely no ideas as I have read maybe like 3 total posts. I thought this would start Friday, so I was kinda surprised when I saw there were 13-14 pages. I"m kinda intimidated now that there are 25 pages and my desire to catch up is non-existent. I will give you my assurance that I have rolled quite the favorable alliance (given my extreme disdain for rolling mafia, it should be easy to figure out what that is), and I will be helping in the mass execution of all mafiosos.

Hi Robik.
I will lynch you if you do not read the thread. I hope that is enough motivation.
Kind regards,
Artanis

Do you actually believe you'll get me lynched unless people vote me out of spite?

Let me point you to something.....

Show nested quote +
IAmRobik 0/14 = 0.0000%


It will be 0/15 after this game.

I think I'll get you lynched if you're scum or if you do not catch up to the thread. If you catch up and show that you are not scum, then I'll be happy to unvote you. Right now you are wasting space.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
December 31 2014 17:14 GMT
#518
When are we lynching someone? If it's today, I'll actually try to put in work. If it's tomorrow, I'll put in very little work today or tomorrow. If it's Friday (which it should be because of the holidays), i'll work my ass off on friday
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 17:14 GMT
#519
Tomorrow I guess.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 17:15 GMT
#520
The deadlines are abysmal btw. won't be here for those very often.
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 511 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings95
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 167
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 454
hero 423
BeSt 252
Mind 35
Terrorterran 26
Bale 22
Noble 12
yabsab 10
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King150
Other Games
summit1g10122
ArmadaUGS41
Livibee29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH339
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Rush1354
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 3m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.