• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10331 users

Imperial Mafia - Page 25

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 511 Next
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 16:46 GMT
#481
On December 31 2014 17:09 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 16:59 ritoky wrote:
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
What's up nerds. Let's talk policy - unlike a lot of people I think it's plenty useful on Day 1.

I believe strongly in Lynch All Liars.



On December 31 2014 15:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I dont usually support policy lynches but anyone caught in a lie deserves intense scrutiny and questioning imo


I mean it's only 5 or so posts after his big deal about policy lynching and he is already softening and backing down on it.

Also I understand that his initial post on policy is pretty specific to claims and people lying about claims; but some of his later posts indicate to me that he wants to lynch people shitting up the thread and lying in general as an extension of his initial post.

I am going to try to stop tunneling so hard for now though, I generally dislike people who really push policy; so I might have some bias.


Oh, I finally get what's happening. I wasn't softening or backing down on anything - there was nothing to begin with. I don't care what anyone thinks about any policy. When I said "I strongly believe" it was just the first words that popped into my mind. When I say lying I don't mean rhetorical contradictions necessarily (because I'm prone to them by mistake) or errors, but more specifically fake claims or lying about night actions. When town does this it immediately starts a huge bandwagon and derails the thread. Seeing as I have been in many games where some brilliant townies tried to do this and it turned out badly I do have some genuine concerns but they mean nothing in the context of this game. What does matter and what IS the point is the conversations, accusations, cases that follow. I think of those fluff and policy posts as the spark to start the mafia game proper. I'm not trying to push any kind of conversation or discussion or anything about any sort of actual policy itself. I hope you can understand this. I can see why you would make this mistake and I have not played in a game with so many players unfamiliar with these kinds of things out of me in a long time, so I guess I should be very clear about things like this?

Ironically you are talking to someone who build up a reputation to be such a brilliant townie.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 16:49 GMT
#482
so Lazer monkey one of your main points about chyz is that he didn't have a town/scum read early on and didn't give it till someone pushed him, yet you are also unable to give a read on any of the 3 main protagonists in the early game. (eden, drh and rit) . So you are scum to?
Zerg for Life
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 31 2014 16:53 GMT
#483
Good morning my friends, i'll be haphazardly here all day. Sadly I have to work tonight and its one of the busiest days of the year haha. So lets get to it

The ritoky and Dr. H fight wasn't as pointless as people think. It left a very distinct taste in my mouth about both of their alignments.

In carol (Ritokys most recent mafia game) I caught ritoky for being super passive, with no follow up and no real push early on to speak of and only when confronted with this information he would passively give a wall of text to explain away what he was doing. You can look at Season of a witch I believe and see the same thing in his scum game. So i'm leaning more town on ritoky due to the fact that he said someone was acting scummy and went after said person instead of dropping it, he had really good follow up at this point even if the avenue he went down was really a different approach than what I probably would of done.

Dr H reaction to some of the things left me feeling a bit weird. Firstly he seems to have a deep suspicion of Ritoky after the conversation is starting to calm down a bit and even says that Ritoky looks bad. But you never really get a sense about what his read is, their really is no follow up besides DrH saying that he is just going to ignore Ritoky trying to do things from this point forward, which he ends up trying to explain himself a few posts later but then drops it. From all of the interaction with Ritoky (good or bad) he should of been able to formulate some form of opinion on Ritokys alignment. And yet right after the fight has affectingly ended he calls Geript scum but never pushes it at all and then moves on to chyz. Im going to put him in the leaning scum category here.

Geript just lacks something right now, hes not quite as posty as he normally would be and is really tight lipped about his thoughts. Also his post about being ableto read Palmar koshi etc really ruffled me a bit and reminded me a lot about when he was scum in russia. Hes in the leaning scum category presently
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
December 31 2014 16:56 GMT
#484
Hi?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 16:56 GMT
#485
Ok, Damdred. Marv and you just gave meta reads on ritoky that are the exact opposite of each other for the same game. Do I really need to read his filter there now?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 16:56 GMT
#486
Hi, Robik. I like your contributions so far.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
December 31 2014 16:57 GMT
#487
On January 01 2015 01:56 justanothertownie wrote:
Hi, Robik. I like your contributions so far.

YAY! I was just hoping someone would finally speak to me. How are you doing today JAT. I wish you a very happy and healthy 2015!!!!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 16:58 GMT
#488
Same same.
Doing fine. Won't be around as much as usual today obviously.
Any thoughts about the game at hand?
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
December 31 2014 16:58 GMT
#489
On January 01 2015 01:49 KelsierSC wrote:
so Lazer monkey one of your main points about chyz is that he didn't have a town/scum read early on and didn't give it till someone pushed him, yet you are also unable to give a read on any of the 3 main protagonists in the early game. (eden, drh and rit) . So you are scum to?

This doesn't make any sense what so ever. I'm sorry.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 31 2014 16:58 GMT
#490
On January 01 2015 01:56 justanothertownie wrote:
Ok, Damdred. Marv and you just gave meta reads on ritoky that are the exact opposite of each other for the same game. Do I really need to read his filter there now?


Sadly you might need to, I think Marvs view on that game is slightly twisted due to him being a cohost and having perfect information and seeing things differently than what someone playing would see. I caught him to no follow up in that game then he shot me </3
TheChyz
Profile Joined November 2013
Canada238 Posts
December 31 2014 16:58 GMT
#491
I don't like how koshi entered the thread. But afterwards he makes a decent defense of me and seems to be able to make a coherent read on me. I don't see a point to defend me as scum so early on with little votes and as such that leans town to me.

I don't see where people are getting this geript thing. If someone can enlighten me but I liked his intros into the thread, nothing amazing but better than the other fluff people were posting. Later on he has seem to slacked off a bit but other than not seeming to scum hunt as much as I'm used he doesn't seem scummy. null for me. Maybe you guys know him better than I and have a bad feeling but I don't see anything conclusive.

I don't like lazer atm. He hasn't really done any scum hunting this game and is rehashing old stuff and using it again. The read on robik is w/e. Robik has done nothing except "activity" posts so obv that doesn't look good as town. However him making a read on those 2 robik posts and having nothing on anybody else apart from me doesn't sit right. His case on me can be thought of both ways and as such is pointless. Basically his reasoning is if I was scum and was asked to push my thoughts I would. But the same case can be made of me as town. I don't like his play atm and want more from him.
##Vote: Lazermonkey
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 31 2014 16:59 GMT
#492
On January 01 2015 01:58 Lazermonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:49 KelsierSC wrote:
so Lazer monkey one of your main points about chyz is that he didn't have a town/scum read early on and didn't give it till someone pushed him, yet you are also unable to give a read on any of the 3 main protagonists in the early game. (eden, drh and rit) . So you are scum to?

This doesn't make any sense what so ever. I'm sorry.


Hes asking you if you have thoughts on the three people who are getting a good bit of discussion going atm, if one person is scummy for not being able t do this are you scum.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 16:59 GMT
#493
Chyz you are literally OMGUSing every new guy that calls you scum aren't you?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
December 31 2014 17:02 GMT
#494
On January 01 2015 01:58 TheChyz wrote:
I don't like how koshi entered the thread. But afterwards he makes a decent defense of me and seems to be able to make a coherent read on me. I don't see a point to defend me as scum so early on with little votes and as such that leans town to me.

I don't see where people are getting this geript thing. If someone can enlighten me but I liked his intros into the thread, nothing amazing but better than the other fluff people were posting. Later on he has seem to slacked off a bit but other than not seeming to scum hunt as much as I'm used he doesn't seem scummy. null for me. Maybe you guys know him better than I and have a bad feeling but I don't see anything conclusive.

I don't like lazer atm. He hasn't really done any scum hunting this game and is rehashing old stuff and using it again. The read on robik is w/e. Robik has done nothing except "activity" posts so obv that doesn't look good as town. However him making a read on those 2 robik posts and having nothing on anybody else apart from me doesn't sit right. His case on me can be thought of both ways and as such is pointless. Basically his reasoning is if I was scum and was asked to push my thoughts I would. But the same case can be made of me as town. I don't like his play atm and want more from him.
##Vote: Lazermonkey


Could you one talk more about lazer deserves your vote over someone say Robik who is typically a ton more posty as town.

We have posted a ton of stuff on geript what is your thoughts about it? Why are you taking this stance without even attacking kels case or any of the other things people have posted?

And finally the bolded how was his entrance better....he claimed town by first post that seems such a weird thing to incluce
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 17:02 GMT
#495
I kinda like how paranoid Chyz is being.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 17:03 GMT
#496
Like, everyone's jumping down on his throat and he starts his post with "I don't like how Koshi entered the thread" which is pretty much the only person that really defended him.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16342 Posts
December 31 2014 17:03 GMT
#497
Damdred are you just questioning Chyz right now or do you scumread Robik? Do you think Chyz knows Robiks meta?
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
December 31 2014 17:05 GMT
#498
On January 01 2015 01:59 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 01:58 Lazermonkey wrote:
On January 01 2015 01:49 KelsierSC wrote:
so Lazer monkey one of your main points about chyz is that he didn't have a town/scum read early on and didn't give it till someone pushed him, yet you are also unable to give a read on any of the 3 main protagonists in the early game. (eden, drh and rit) . So you are scum to?

This doesn't make any sense what so ever. I'm sorry.


Hes asking you if you have thoughts on the three people who are getting a good bit of discussion going atm, if one person is scummy for not being able t do this are you scum.

Yhea, but my suspcion against Chyz was not based on the fact that he didn't post about the main protagonists in the game (in fact, he did). But rather that he didn't give any read of his own. I have given my thoughts about a few people but not the three he mentioned I guess.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
December 31 2014 17:06 GMT
#499
On January 01 2015 01:58 justanothertownie wrote:
Same same.
Doing fine. Won't be around as much as usual today obviously.
Any thoughts about the game at hand?

Thanks buddy.

Regarding the game...I have absolutely no ideas as I have read maybe like 3 total posts. I thought this would start Friday, so I was kinda surprised when I saw there were 13-14 pages. I"m kinda intimidated now that there are 25 pages and my desire to catch up is non-existent. I will give you my assurance that I have rolled quite the favorable alliance (given my extreme disdain for rolling mafia, it should be easy to figure out what that is), and I will be helping in the mass execution of all mafiosos.
TheChyz
Profile Joined November 2013
Canada238 Posts
December 31 2014 17:06 GMT
#500
I don't usually pay much attention to people until they actually do something. Ionno, its kinda like ppl policy lynching lurkers and such (since that is kinda what robik is doing). By no means is he town but also saying nothing is not really anything to jump on top of, at least not yet anyway. Usually lurkers lurk by day 1 and if he wants to do that, fine. Doesn't mean he will probably last day 2 if he continues that way.

By entrance I meant more like the first few posts of the game. Ionno, it just felt very similar to the other time I played with him in which he was town. I don't think any of the posts on geript hold any real substance (unless I scimmed through an important one too quickly) and are kinda more like peoples soft reads on him.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 511 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings95
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 454
hero 423
BeSt 252
Mind 35
Terrorterran 24
Bale 22
Noble 12
yabsab 10
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King141
Other Games
summit1g10122
ArmadaUGS42
Livibee30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH339
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Rush1354
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 2m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.