• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:10
CEST 07:10
KST 14:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10209 users

Imperial Mafia - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 511 Next
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 14:06 GMT
#441
On December 31 2014 22:58 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 22:48 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On December 31 2014 22:33 Koshi wrote:
I blame America.

That's very unpatriotic of you.

Oh I really don't like TheChyz' entry, basically shitflinging from the side and concluding without attempting to become part of the discussion. He has a few opinions but none of them are strong and then he doesn't ask any questions to bolster his reads.
Chyz why aren't you asking any questions?

You think this is mafia entering the thread? Why? He is trying to stop the shitposting.

1) Did you find Dr.H. opening post alignment indicative?
2) Why do you think ritoky went after Dr.H. so hard?
3) Do you disagree with TheChyz that ritoky was just filling his filter?
4) He ended his opening post asking ritoky to do something constructive. That's right on the money. Pro town.
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.




1) I agree that it isn't alignment indicative.
2) Because he thought he found a bone to pick on. It's too early to say whether that's because he just wants a target or because he legitimately believes he has something here. All I remember from Ritoky is his USA USA USA campaign in Cell.
3) I don't have enough information to say that one way or the other.
4) Telling people to do something constructive when you're not doing anything constructive yourself is not pro town. It's stating the obvious whilst not doing it yourself. Chyz has not asked any questions. He's not trying to solve the game.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 14:12 GMT
#442
Well, I find his play pretty acceptable. Saying that he is not trying to solve the game is a big overstatement. He is trying to solve the game with the information he has, he just isn't trying to create more information/content in the thread. I like his Eden read, it is thought out, shows he is following the thread. I like his conclusion on the Dr.H. & ritoky chain. And that is enough for me to see him as possible town.

I know you are used to play with great and awesome players like myself and myself. But I think you are being too though on TheChyz.
I had a good night of sleep.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 14:14 GMT
#443
Maybe you're right. I just always have a strong averse reaction to people saying "go do something useful" whilst not doing something useful. It rustles my jimmies, so to say.

What specifically bothers you by Geript enough to vote for him?
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 14:17 GMT
#444
Two things Dr.H. said. First thing was about geripts buddying to Dr.H.
The second thing was that geript just came by this morning to say "Koshi you are pretty awesome" after I made that post on Eden.

And I guess I am missing some geripts starpower in this game. Kelsier his case was pretty good as well.
I had a good night of sleep.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
December 31 2014 14:19 GMT
#445
No idea why this started right before NYE, but I can't play until I'm back from passing the time with my friends at a house in a nearby town, probably tomorrow afternoon or evening, depending on when they want to drive back.

Until then, good luck. We're departing within an hour.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 14:24 GMT
#446
On December 31 2014 23:17 Koshi wrote:
Two things Dr.H. said. First thing was about geripts buddying to Dr.H.
The second thing was that geript just came by this morning to say "Koshi you are pretty awesome" after I made that post on Eden.

And I guess I am missing some geripts starpower in this game. Kelsier his case was pretty good as well.

I like this post because you made it in 3 minutes so you didn't think much about it and it instantly fit into the way you thought about the game with your suspicions on Dr. Helvetica. Feels very genuine. I like you this game Koshi, wanna be friends?

I think I'll sheep you for being handsome.
##Unvote
##Vote Geript
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 14:44 GMT
#447
YaY friends
I had a good night of sleep.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 15:04 GMT
#448
I wanna be friends too Koshi. You're making me sadface.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 15:22 GMT
#449
@Artanis. It's because he's generally just an asshole bully when he's mafia; like his level of assholery is significantly higher as mafia than as town. Also, when you look at his posts, he's struggling. TheChyz read is a good example. Chyz is probably town and none of the things that DrH posted about make Chyz anything other than maybe annoying. Also the reaction is similar to what I remember of his town play when he came back in Sicilian and in my first game with him in LIX (I think that was it).
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 15:24 GMT
#450
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
December 31 2014 15:30 GMT
#451
Hi everyone

Because of NYE, I will only be able to be active for a few hours today. Tomorrow I'll have more time though. Chyz looks scummy. Though I do think people are attacking him for the wrong reasons. The discussion between DH and rikoty WAS stupid. But if you look at Chyz opening post, he doesn't give any actual opinion about the players involved other than that rikoty should move on. Nowhere does he speak about their alignment.

On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.

Chyz doesn't follow up with anything at all untill he is called out. Why is it that he the first thing that he felt he had to post was that people was on the wrong track, instead of actually trying give some of his own opinion? This is scum mentality.

##Vote: TheChyz
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
December 31 2014 15:38 GMT
#452
On December 31 2014 15:17 geript wrote:
So you don't find Robik who is normally an exceptionally prolific poster as town posting "Hello?" twice and then fucking off when he got ignored interesting in the slightest?

I think Robik is scummy for this. Obviously, it was at the very start of the game so its not the strongest of reads BUT I know I did a very similar thing in another game, i.e. saying something of absolutely no substance early on in the game to indicative that I was in fact active, and then just afk.

I was scum that game.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 15:40 GMT
#453
I don't understand you people.

Lazermonkey. Explain to me what conclusion TheChyz should have drawn from the ritoky/Dr.H. argument?

You say that the discussion was stupid, TheChyz stopped (or attempted) to stop the argument and steer the thread into another direction. Why would mafia do this?

I am not saying that it is impossible for mafia to do. But if he is doing it as mafia I would have expected that TheChyz would try to gain cred from it somehow. Or formulate his words otherwise. His post just doesn't scream mafia to me. It isn't forced. It isn't overdramatic. It's a good post.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 15:42 GMT
#454
Like, it is quite a confrontational post to make. He instantly puts himself in the middle of the discussion by calling out ritoky like that.
I had a good night of sleep.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 15:44 GMT
#455
On January 01 2015 00:38 Lazermonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:17 geript wrote:
So you don't find Robik who is normally an exceptionally prolific poster as town posting "Hello?" twice and then fucking off when he got ignored interesting in the slightest?

I think Robik is scummy for this. Obviously, it was at the very start of the game so its not the strongest of reads BUT I know I did a very similar thing in another game, i.e. saying something of absolutely no substance early on in the game to indicative that I was in fact active, and then just afk.

I was scum that game.

Why not say that I did the same thing with Marv in Russian?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 15:45 GMT
#456
On January 01 2015 00:24 geript wrote:
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.

???
Is Marv 100% mafia or not?

Also the fact that you don't want to be friends with me makes me very sad and very angry. The pitchfork and noose kind of angry.
On January 01 2015 00:30 Lazermonkey wrote:
Hi everyone

Because of NYE, I will only be able to be active for a few hours today. Tomorrow I'll have more time though. Chyz looks scummy. Though I do think people are attacking him for the wrong reasons. The discussion between DH and rikoty WAS stupid. But if you look at Chyz opening post, he doesn't give any actual opinion about the players involved other than that rikoty should move on. Nowhere does he speak about their alignment.

Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.

Chyz doesn't follow up with anything at all untill he is called out. Why is it that he the first thing that he felt he had to post was that people was on the wrong track, instead of actually trying give some of his own opinion? This is scum mentality.

##Vote: TheChyz

That's pretty much the exact reason I gave though; not following through with new discussion after saying the current one was pointless, so why do you say "people" are attacking him for the wrong reasons?
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
December 31 2014 15:50 GMT
#457
Its not necesarily wrong with making a post saying that a discussion is stupid. The problem is when the only post you have is a post calling a discussion stupid. Why is it, after all the of the discussion and multiple people calling out rikoty, that all Chyz did was saying that the discussion was stupid? Just like Artanis said, why say "do something usefull" and proceed to do nothing yourself?

Granted, he did put up some reads later but only after he was called out.

Don't you think there is a scum motive in trying to look active while not really pushing the thread forward? Because I would argue that is what Chyz did.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 15:51 GMT
#458
On January 01 2015 00:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:24 geript wrote:
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.

???
Is Marv 100% mafia or not?

Also the fact that you don't want to be friends with me makes me very sad and very angry. The pitchfork and noose kind of angry.
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:30 Lazermonkey wrote:
Hi everyone

Because of NYE, I will only be able to be active for a few hours today. Tomorrow I'll have more time though. Chyz looks scummy. Though I do think people are attacking him for the wrong reasons. The discussion between DH and rikoty WAS stupid. But if you look at Chyz opening post, he doesn't give any actual opinion about the players involved other than that rikoty should move on. Nowhere does he speak about their alignment.

On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.

Chyz doesn't follow up with anything at all untill he is called out. Why is it that he the first thing that he felt he had to post was that people was on the wrong track, instead of actually trying give some of his own opinion? This is scum mentality.

##Vote: TheChyz

That's pretty much the exact reason I gave though; not following through with new discussion after saying the current one was pointless, so why do you say "people" are attacking him for the wrong reasons?

100% as in I've never read him wrong as town. As for mafia or not, idk for sure yet. He is the only vet that I'm not leaning town on currently. We can be friends Artanis, but watch out after I flip people will call you scummy for buddying me. Best to leave that vote where it is wink wink.
Lazermonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2176 Posts
December 31 2014 15:53 GMT
#459
On January 01 2015 00:45 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:24 geript wrote:
My initial reaction to Marv was that I think he's mafia. I'll figure it out later on for sure. And I don't have great reasons why I think this, but I do have a 100% read on Marv.

???
Is Marv 100% mafia or not?

Also the fact that you don't want to be friends with me makes me very sad and very angry. The pitchfork and noose kind of angry.
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2015 00:30 Lazermonkey wrote:
Hi everyone

Because of NYE, I will only be able to be active for a few hours today. Tomorrow I'll have more time though. Chyz looks scummy. Though I do think people are attacking him for the wrong reasons. The discussion between DH and rikoty WAS stupid. But if you look at Chyz opening post, he doesn't give any actual opinion about the players involved other than that rikoty should move on. Nowhere does he speak about their alignment.

On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.

Chyz doesn't follow up with anything at all untill he is called out. Why is it that he the first thing that he felt he had to post was that people was on the wrong track, instead of actually trying give some of his own opinion? This is scum mentality.

##Vote: TheChyz

That's pretty much the exact reason I gave though; not following through with new discussion after saying the current one was pointless, so why do you say "people" are attacking him for the wrong reasons?

Yhea, I know. Though you were (I think) the first person to say that.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 15:53 GMT
#460
On January 01 2015 00:50 Lazermonkey wrote:
Its not necesarily wrong with making a post saying that a discussion is stupid. The problem is when the only post you have is a post calling a discussion stupid. Why is it, after all the of the discussion and multiple people calling out rikoty, that all Chyz did was saying that the discussion was stupid? Just like Artanis said, why say "do something usefull" and proceed to do nothing yourself?

Granted, he did put up some reads later but only after he was called out.

Don't you think there is a scum motive in trying to look active while not really pushing the thread forward? Because I would argue that is what Chyz did.

Show me a game in which Chyz is a townleader.
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 511 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings136
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 176
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 269
BeSt 220
soO 49
sorry 44
Mind 27
Terrorterran 19
Bale 18
Noble 10
yabsab 7
ZergMaN 7
[ Show more ]
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1003
League of Legends
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 397
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King149
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde194
RuFF_SC2120
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH331
• Hupsaiya 115
• practicex 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2125
League of Legends
• Rush939
• Stunt346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 50m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.