• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:01
CEST 05:01
KST 12:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10172 users

Imperial Mafia - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 511 Next
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 31 2014 10:32 GMT
#401
On December 31 2014 18:53 Palmar wrote:
Should I be sheeping you on geript batsnacks?


Sure why not?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 31 2014 10:32 GMT
#402
On December 31 2014 19:32 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 18:53 Palmar wrote:
Should I be sheeping you on geript batsnacks?


Sure why not?

No that's not how it goes, you're meant to tell me why I should!
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 10:41 GMT
#403
TheChyz is not scummy to me. I am not saying he is a townread but the case Dr.H. makes is not how I read Chyz.

First of all I agree with Chyz that the early conversation between Dr.H and ritoky was useless.

Dr.H. his first post was pretty mafia to me btw. It had a paragraph about policy lynching liars, policy lynching mass claims (really? There are 2 roles) and then a last paragraph questioning the thread how they feel about lurkers. I really dislike that part:
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
How does everyone feel about lurking players? Lower than expected activity can indicate blue just as much as scum.

Why so indecisive about the lurkers? Why ask the cop to check lurkers? Smart town play is to prevent lurkers, to say you will bring down hell on lurkers, and then maybe not follow up on it when you find a good target. But what Dr.H. did here is say "hey mafia you can lurk, but we will cop check you when you do!". Or maybe he is already defending his lurking mafia bros? I don't like it.

On December 31 2014 15:36 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
What's up nerds. Let's talk policy - unlike a lot of people I think it's plenty useful on Day 1.

I believe strongly in Lynch All Liars.


What's your policy on lynching people who claim scum?

This reply is so boring. What is this going to accomplish?
Damdred was making an obvious joke. Nobody was going to vote Damdred for that. Why is ritoky bullying Dr.H. into voting Damdred?? Ritoky himself doesn't believe Damdred is scum, what is the town perspective of bullying Dr.H. into voting Damdred?

I don't get the entire conversation chain between Dr.H. and ritoky. If it was 2 scum shitting up the thread I applaud them. Because it worked.

Long story short. I can see what TheChyz was saying about Dr.H. and ritoky.


Second point about TheChyz in Dr.H his case is that TheChyz is completely wrong about Eden his wishy-washy defensive posts. I present you this:
On December 31 2014 16:33 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 16:18 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On December 31 2014 16:12 geript wrote:
On December 31 2014 16:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
He just did post his own conclusions on geript lol. Why are you so on peoples nuts this early, you're treating everythinf like you're 5 minutes away from posting some earth shattering case

That's because Eden keeps on coming across as more and more scummy the more he posts. Plus it's kinda what I do.

@Eden - I'm not much good at anything besides reading in between the lines and bullying (apprentice of Ace style), but when I start to see the things I understand and that jump out of me I really stick to it. I do think you're town and that since you seem to be pretty diligent and detailed I feel good about what you might be able to add or pick out of my cases later. I'm actually pissed I didn't roll scum in this game. I started playing mafia as scum in like 8 straight games and then really got it again. I do look at meta if I'm really suspicious of someone or can't figure out their behavior. It's too much of a pain in the ass to do if I'm not gonna really make use of it

Lemme revisit this later, the appeals to me in here are setting off alarms but I can't tell if I'm being unfair/suffering from confirmation bias or if there's something there. I'll rattle off a brief idea of the problems and see if I still agree with it on a later read / if anyone else has anything to say about it. It makes me feel like I'm being buddied but again, I'm not sure I'm being fair.
- The appeal both to my perceived innocence and alleged attention to detail and diligence bother me in a site meta-environment where, broadly speaking, aggressive asshole = town and not-aggressive-asshole = mafia. I actually feel really bad calling this out because I really would like to believe Doc is town and just not running with that meta-environment (which I would love, because I think it's not a fun meta-environment), but based on my past experiences here, these kinds of appeals are more likely to come from mafia than town than chance suggests.
- Addendum to the above, my rough recollection of Ace is that he practically wrote the heuristic I mentioned above with his harsh but effective town plan, so it's (again?) incongruous to me that Doc plays a "read between the lines, bullying" game and then is nice and relatively uncritical of me in this post.
- The appeals shifted toward something about being mad about not rolling scum that I swear I've only ever heard mafia say. Maybe my past experience is broken but it just feels off.

Dafuq is Eden saying here?

long story short. Again I agree with TheChyz.



Tldr: I have TheChyz as pretty cool guy. Ritoky as meh. Dr.H. as meh. They are meh because I am feeling generous.
I had a good night of sleep.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 10:47 GMT
#404
Its clear what hes saying and.it was a fine response considering i was engaging him directly. Cherry picking. You gonna vote eden then? So basically you have no reads except that thechyz is town? Thanks.
RIP Aaliyah
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 10:48 GMT
#405
On December 31 2014 16:10 sicklucker wrote:
Its weird because its either

a. scummy because of why I just said
b. A way to find a town for people who have played with him alot and know he does this.

Can we kill ritoky so far hes attacked doctor and missed the sarcasm and now this.


sicklucker can you explain what the issue is with ritoky attacking doctor?

you have a huge town read on doctor at that point?
Zerg for Life
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 11:10 GMT
#406
@DRH - I read your case on Chyz and I like the effort and you do seem to believe what you are saying which is good.

what I don't like is content of the case itself. You do repeat yourself a lot and that makes it hard to break down but essentially you don't like his reasons for "attacking" eden.
The way I read the interaction is that he made his post where he didn't give a read and then you pushed him to give a read of his own and he had "my scumread is eden" for a few reasons..I agree they aren't very conclusive reasons.
He says then that his read isn't conclusive just at that early moment in the game he has a slight scum read. Nothing wrong with that.
His vote on you is a joke about garbage votes.

So at this stage in the game you have a huge mafia post which due to a lack of real reasons ends up with a lot of repetition. Again I applaud the effort but I don't think chyz is scummy. Especially for the reasons you gave.

Zerg for Life
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 11:18 GMT
#407
On December 31 2014 19:47 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Its clear what hes saying and.it was a fine response considering i was engaging him directly. Cherry picking. You gonna vote eden then? So basically you have no reads except that thechyz is town? Thanks.

If I have no reads except thechyz, then why are you asking me to vote Eden?

Please don't be dense. Thanks.
I had a good night of sleep.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 11:21 GMT
#408
##Vote geript
Zerg for Life
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 11:22 GMT
#409
##Vote: DoctorHelvetica

Reason: He is attacking me with a lie. Lynch all liars. Misrepresenting that I have 1 read when I have given my opinion on 4 people. I don't need that in this town.
I had a good night of sleep.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 11:29 GMT
#410
On December 31 2014 20:22 Koshi wrote:
##Vote: DoctorHelvetica

Reason: He is attacking me with a lie. Lynch all liars. Misrepresenting that I have 1 read when I have given my opinion on 4 people. I don't need that in this town.


in his defence you did give two people as meh. chyz was town and who else did you give a read on?
Zerg for Life
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 11:36 GMT
#411
On December 31 2014 20:29 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 20:22 Koshi wrote:
##Vote: DoctorHelvetica

Reason: He is attacking me with a lie. Lynch all liars. Misrepresenting that I have 1 read when I have given my opinion on 4 people. I don't need that in this town.


in his defence you did give two people as meh. chyz was town and who else did you give a read on?

I have no hard reads so I am not going to fabricate them out of air.

Eden, Dr.H., Chyz, ritoky are the key people in the first 15 pages. I commented on them. That's more than fine for now.



The question is why is Dr.H. attacking me? For not agreeing with his read? Then he should discuss it further with me, not attack me with some silly nonsense about me needing to vote for Eden, while he isn't voting for his hard scumread.
I had a good night of sleep.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 11:37 GMT
#412
On December 31 2014 20:29 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 20:22 Koshi wrote:
##Vote: DoctorHelvetica

Reason: He is attacking me with a lie. Lynch all liars. Misrepresenting that I have 1 read when I have given my opinion on 4 people. I don't need that in this town.


in his defence you did give two people as meh. chyz was town and who else did you give a read on?


I suppose you do sort of call eden scummy when you say "I agree with chyz"

I don't think DRH had an unreasonable statement , on first glance you only have one real read. if you don't count meh as a read.

I read DRH as super eager , try hard town.
Zerg for Life
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 31 2014 11:38 GMT
#413
##Vote: ritoky
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 31 2014 11:42 GMT
#414
On December 31 2014 20:22 Koshi wrote:
##Vote: DoctorHelvetica

Reason: He is attacking me with a lie. Lynch all liars. Misrepresenting that I have 1 read when I have given my opinion on 4 people. I don't need that in this town.

you 4 real?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 31 2014 11:43 GMT
#415
Like if some world DrH is mafia, this is not why.
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 11:44 GMT
#416
On December 31 2014 20:37 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 20:29 KelsierSC wrote:
On December 31 2014 20:22 Koshi wrote:
##Vote: DoctorHelvetica

Reason: He is attacking me with a lie. Lynch all liars. Misrepresenting that I have 1 read when I have given my opinion on 4 people. I don't need that in this town.


in his defence you did give two people as meh. chyz was town and who else did you give a read on?


I suppose you do sort of call eden scummy when you say "I agree with chyz"

I don't think DRH had an unreasonable statement , on first glance you only have one real read. if you don't count meh as a read.

I read DRH as super eager , try hard town.

meh because I was being generous. I got my eye on them both.

I have been more than once the joker yelling at people to do stuff and make stuff up (aka exaggerate) to get the game going. So yeah, I can see Dr.H. being town.
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 31 2014 11:46 GMT
#417
On December 31 2014 20:44 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 20:37 KelsierSC wrote:
On December 31 2014 20:29 KelsierSC wrote:
On December 31 2014 20:22 Koshi wrote:
##Vote: DoctorHelvetica

Reason: He is attacking me with a lie. Lynch all liars. Misrepresenting that I have 1 read when I have given my opinion on 4 people. I don't need that in this town.


in his defence you did give two people as meh. chyz was town and who else did you give a read on?


I suppose you do sort of call eden scummy when you say "I agree with chyz"

I don't think DRH had an unreasonable statement , on first glance you only have one real read. if you don't count meh as a read.

I read DRH as super eager , try hard town.

meh because I was being generous. I got my eye on them both.

I have been more than once the joker yelling at people to do stuff and make stuff up (aka exaggerate) to get the game going. So yeah, I can see Dr.H. being town.

So why are you voting him then?
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 11:47 GMT
#418
On December 31 2014 20:46 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 20:44 Koshi wrote:
On December 31 2014 20:37 KelsierSC wrote:
On December 31 2014 20:29 KelsierSC wrote:
On December 31 2014 20:22 Koshi wrote:
##Vote: DoctorHelvetica

Reason: He is attacking me with a lie. Lynch all liars. Misrepresenting that I have 1 read when I have given my opinion on 4 people. I don't need that in this town.


in his defence you did give two people as meh. chyz was town and who else did you give a read on?


I suppose you do sort of call eden scummy when you say "I agree with chyz"

I don't think DRH had an unreasonable statement , on first glance you only have one real read. if you don't count meh as a read.

I read DRH as super eager , try hard town.

meh because I was being generous. I got my eye on them both.

I have been more than once the joker yelling at people to do stuff and make stuff up (aka exaggerate) to get the game going. So yeah, I can see Dr.H. being town.

So why are you voting him then?

Because he annoyed me.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 11:48 GMT
#419
Also he already said thx for casting a vote. I can't disappoint him.
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 31 2014 11:50 GMT
#420
let's kill ritoky. he pushed absolute bullshit reasons for all his scumreads in Carol and was generally unwarrantedly aggressive. I can't believe he's so dumb to push something for 10+ posts here which was a joke.

Literally the only hesitation is that I can't believe he would play exactly the same for another game running.

Nothing else is very interesting. Chyz gets time. DrH didn't demonstrate Chyz was mafia, just maybe that he made a read he shouldn't have. tbc.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 511 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10595
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1116
NeuroSwarm203
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Counter-Strike
taco 259
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King316
hungrybox129
Other Games
summit1g9486
Maynarde214
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 191
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo636
• Rush411
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 59m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.