• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:09
CEST 07:09
KST 14:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10151 users

Imperial Mafia - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 511 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 31 2014 11:52 GMT
#421
Btw, as I'm probably going to be mostly unavailable today (it's new year's eve... why did we even start?). I'll just throw out very much not curated thoughts I had while reading up to like page... 16?

I'll catch up with the rest later.

geript is sort of scummy in some respects. I have no idea why 20 minutes into the game he started wishing for random people to be there to talk to him. Also, everything he says is sort of... too clean? not dumb enough? I don't know how to describe it and it's just a feeling based on memory, I haven't gone back and re-read, so I'd need to confirm.

Eden came off strong and he said something I thought was really dumb.

DrH is probably town, and he had a post that made me feel good about that read.

Damdred is probably town too. He too has a post I can't remember that made me think "oh that looks like a townie".

Koshi overreacting on this page (21) to DrH's dismissal of koshi's defense was kinda mafia. Idk though.

I should probably just sheep marv and lynch him if he's wrong. That's always a fine strategy.

Remember, these reads I'm just throwing out literally from memory of having read like 4-6 pages this morning. Don't pretend these are some concrete observations.
Computer says mafia
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
December 31 2014 11:53 GMT
#422
So going to give my case on geript. Firstly

On December 31 2014 14:20 geript wrote:
I really wish Marv, Palmer, Koshi and Artanis were around.


Basically saying, I don't want to participate, I want these people to be here so I can call them town! Note he proceeds to call Koshi town almost immediately when he enters the thread.
On December 31 2014 18:33 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 18:23 Koshi wrote:
Eden didn't look too good early. Something with saying Dr.H. is town after making a big "I don't like this about Dr.H." post and then in his next post Eden is back to Dr.H. is scummy.

I'll look into TheChyz after some coffee and work.

<3
I feel a lot better that you feel the same way. When you get back let me know what you think of ritoky and Chyz.



Did Koshi give a spectacular bit of insight? I don't think so.


Then he makes a post where DrH isn't alignement indicative (apparently)
On December 31 2014 15:44 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:35 Eden1892 wrote:
On December 31 2014 15:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On December 31 2014 15:22 Eden1892 wrote:
On December 31 2014 15:14 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Uh, I don't want to make your dick hard. I don't think anything about anyone yet.

On December 31 2014 15:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
That being said I'd like to show everyone my spreadsheet ranking Day 1 joke posts from least to most scummy.

what's up with the second post here though? seems like if you have opinions about which posts are suspicious you have opinions about which people are suspicious. non?

Seems like you take everything literally, we're gonna have problems if you waste your time with shit like this.

just checking, it seemed like a joke but i didn't want to supply that answer in case it weren't~

On December 31 2014 15:32 geript wrote:
On December 31 2014 15:27 geript wrote:
I'm more concerned about how you find a post that is "stiff and awkwardly timed," two traits that are more often considered mafia tells, towny? Can you explain that more fully? It's also pretty weird that you reasonably correctly point out that his post is going nowhere while simultaneously responding to it.

@Eden Explain.

sure, i'm not sure what you meant by "shut down this line" in the previous part of the post btw so if you want a reply to that please clarify for my addled brain

as for why i read it townie, like i said, it seemed like an effort to get discussion somewhere besides early-game banter, which imo wasn't going anywhere. i followed up on the post because even if the object-level discussion ends up being pretty pointless, i can get some possibly useful meta-level reads from it - and hey, maybe it is going somewhere and i miss it, y'know?

By shut it down, I mean shut down any further discussion on useless policy. Nobody needs to find policy to find discussion.
The problem with your "townread" is that your reasons for finding him town are complete bullshit. That post is a throwaway post that I could recite to newbies to "get discussion going" as either alignment and potentially useful dependent on how it's driven and moved (even moreso to scum imo not that it matters). There actually were things to be talked about in the thread already (my townread on Damdred, the ??? on sicklucker who IIRC also made a passing townread on Damdred, Robik not posting anything while making a few posts, etc.). It's odd that you comment that his post was stiff and awkwardly timed, two bad reasons that people's posts are often called scummy for and then settle on a bad reason to call him town for it. As for meta reads, what type of meta reads do you expect will lead to any sort of meaningful read off of policy discussion?


but then he goes on to call drH town for

On December 31 2014 17:22 geript wrote:
Also mental note: DrH is probably town.


On December 31 2014 17:26 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 17:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Thanks buddy

Lol. You probably wouldn't like the reasons for the read.


What the fuck is this, why not give the reasons. It just looks like an attempt to buddy up.

he also does the same thing with chyz

On December 31 2014 17:17 geript wrote:
Mental note: Chyz maybe newb town.


and he also calls Dam town in the bigger post "my town read on damdred" I see no evidence for that, you just highlight something and say "mental note for later"

I still don't know who his mafia reads are. His play so far has been whining about statistics , trying to buddy everyone who joins the thread and then waiting for certain players to enter the thread so he can immediately call them town.




Zerg for Life
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 31 2014 11:54 GMT
#423
I like KelsierSC now for sharing some of my thoughts on geript.

Also I could see myself sheep this marv on ritooky thing.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 31 2014 11:55 GMT
#424
yeah NYE is a terrible time to start in the end.

I am a bit suspicious of geript too, but I don't know if it's because he's actually scummy. His wanting a bunch of ppl to turn up because he's so good at reading them reminds me of Russia Today where he said very similar things about being good town and being able to read certain people. but maybe he can do it as town also, just i haven't seen anything else to make me think he's town this game. tbc.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 31 2014 12:01 GMT
#425
Oh it was Eden's comments on DrH that I thought were dumb. The post where he gave reasons why DrH was scummy and then called him town. Or that's what it felt like at least.

Maybe he was just calling DrH dumb town, in which case it's better. I'll have to check.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 31 2014 12:02 GMT
#426
no, it was kinda weird.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 12:04 GMT
#427
fyi: I totally should change my vote to geript or Eden or ritoky but I am unwilling.
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 31 2014 12:10 GMT
#428
I gotta run, I'll be mostly off for today.

I'll be here tomorrow in some capacity though.

I'll actually add to my list of reads that I kinda think marv is town. I have no particular strong reasons for this, and please don't take this as a licence to never lynch him, but he just feels right. But I'd listen to what he has to say this game.
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 12:45 GMT
#429
Eden reminds me of those well spoken criminals in Sin City.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 12:49 GMT
#430
##unvote
##vote: geript


The buddying is real.
I had a good night of sleep.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 13:00 GMT
#431
Goooooooood morning!
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 13:08 GMT
#432
*trows some attention to Artanis*

It seems like you need it.
I had a good night of sleep.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 13:09 GMT
#433
On December 31 2014 22:08 Koshi wrote:
*trows some attention to Artanis*

It seems like you need it.

Thanks bbygirl <3, I needed that.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 13:16 GMT
#434
You also waiting on the missing people to do stuff?
I had a good night of sleep.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 13:17 GMT
#435
No, I'm reading up on the game now.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 13:24 GMT
#436
I kinda feel that the events in this game so far have been analyzed enough. I need something new and fresh.
I had a good night of sleep.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 13:28 GMT
#437
On December 31 2014 22:24 Koshi wrote:
I kinda feel that the events in this game so far have been analyzed enough. I need something new and fresh.

I should keep a log of my reading through the thread.
Page 18. It has been 30 minutes since I started reading the thread. Since then, a man has made a joke about being too busy reading the scum qt. Another man made a joke about this joke and posted about how they should lynch all liars. Then a lot of words happened and somehow there are scumreads now.

...I was expecting it to be more epic than this when I started writing.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 13:33 GMT
#438
I blame America.
I had a good night of sleep.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 31 2014 13:48 GMT
#439
On December 31 2014 22:33 Koshi wrote:
I blame America.

That's very unpatriotic of you.

Oh I really don't like TheChyz' entry, basically shitflinging from the side and concluding without attempting to become part of the discussion. He has a few opinions but none of them are strong and then he doesn't ask any questions to bolster his reads.
Chyz why aren't you asking any questions?

On December 31 2014 17:40 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 17:33 ritoky wrote:
On December 31 2014 17:27 sicklucker wrote:
So ritoky im more townie then in a previous game why dont you come out and say im town rather then "I dont know what to make of it yet"


what makes you more town? i don't particularly think you're being especially townie as of now.

as for reading you, i read you that way because i have never been in a game with you before (that i can remember) where i was town. my read on you last game was easy: i was mafia so manufacture it as needed. this game i am not, and the only thing that stood out to me last game as a way to read you town is that you stopped reading the posts of people once you decided they were mafia. you haven't vehemently declared anyone mafia yet, so that read hasn't really come into play.


Dude I was mafia in final 3 in a game where you were town. Thats why im calling bullshit on your reads on me. We have never been the same alignment and you wont even admit you have mafia meta on me.

As for not listening to people who I thought were mafia I was right about every single one of them. Even hf I was stringing along who I said was 95% mafia. So like your reads totally wrong and made up im calling you out. Your my top scum so far.

If there's one thing that rarely happens in mafia games, it's misrepresenting someone's meta intentionally. It's such an easy thing to check that I think it's more likely that Ritoky simply misremembered here.

I like Dr. Helvetica's case on Chyz even if it's a bit repetitive. Though I also like Koshi's point about the strange lower than expected activity line which feels off. However, my problem with your defense of Chyz, Koshi, is that whilst Chyz might've been correct in that it wasn't going anywhere, he did make reads off it that weren't strong enough to vote for, so why doesn't he either pursue the issue with more questions or try to move the topic if he feels like it's been exhausted? Idgi.

On December 31 2014 20:52 Palmar wrote:
geript is sort of scummy in some respects. I have no idea why 20 minutes into the game he started wishing for random people to be there to talk to him. Also, everything he says is sort of... too clean? not dumb enough? I don't know how to describe it and it's just a feeling based on memory, I haven't gone back and re-read, so I'd need to confirm.

Palmar confirmed town for making me laugh. I also kinda agree that we haven't really had a Geript moment of insight yet, which reminds me a bit of LXI where he just waddled through.

I would like to hear Geript's dumb reasons for considering Dr.Helvetica town.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 31 2014 13:58 GMT
#440
On December 31 2014 22:48 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 22:33 Koshi wrote:
I blame America.

That's very unpatriotic of you.

Oh I really don't like TheChyz' entry, basically shitflinging from the side and concluding without attempting to become part of the discussion. He has a few opinions but none of them are strong and then he doesn't ask any questions to bolster his reads.
Chyz why aren't you asking any questions?

You think this is mafia entering the thread? Why? He is trying to stop the shitposting.

1) Did you find Dr.H. opening post alignment indicative?
2) Why do you think ritoky went after Dr.H. so hard?
3) Do you disagree with TheChyz that ritoky was just filling his filter?
4) He ended his opening post asking ritoky to do something constructive. That's right on the money. Pro town.
On December 31 2014 17:06 TheChyz wrote:
Hello all.

Currently I don't like the direction that dr.H and ritoky are going. Basically I just see it as dr.H doing something not alignment indicative (someone always talks about policy lynches :/ ) and now ritoky is just trying to either prove that dr.H is scum or (my most probably guess) is he just wants to get an early acknowledgement of dominance by trying to force dr.H into admitting he did not follow his own policy (which most people don't follow anyway). I don't see a reason why ritoky would push this so far without any agenda.

@ritoky lets move onto something a bit more important than trying to prove your dick is bigger than dr.H's. If there is anything substantial you have then go ahead, but currently your just being more of a filter spammer than anything.



I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 511 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings136
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 176
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 269
BeSt 220
soO 49
sorry 44
Mind 27
Terrorterran 19
Bale 18
Noble 10
yabsab 7
ZergMaN 7
[ Show more ]
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1003
League of Legends
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 397
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King149
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde194
RuFF_SC2120
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH331
• Hupsaiya 115
• practicex 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2125
League of Legends
• Rush939
• Stunt346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 51m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 51m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.