• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:28
CEST 03:28
KST 10:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10120 users

Imperial Mafia - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 511 Next
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 07:18 GMT
#321
On December 31 2014 16:12 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 16:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
He just did post his own conclusions on geript lol. Why are you so on peoples nuts this early, you're treating everythinf like you're 5 minutes away from posting some earth shattering case

That's because Eden keeps on coming across as more and more scummy the more he posts. Plus it's kinda what I do.

You know that was @ritoky right? I'm not sure what my post has to do with Eden. I think eden is town, I don't know. It's hard for me to read this kind of guy.

@Eden - I'm not much good at anything besides reading in between the lines and bullying (apprentice of Ace style), but when I start to see the things I understand and that jump out of me I really stick to it. I do think you're town and that since you seem to be pretty diligent and detailed I feel good about what you might be able to add or pick out of my cases later. I'm actually pissed I didn't roll scum in this game. I started playing mafia as scum in like 8 straight games and then really got it again. I do look at meta if I'm really suspicious of someone or can't figure out their behavior. It's too much of a pain in the ass to do if I'm not gonna really make use of it

On December 31 2014 16:10 sicklucker wrote:
Its weird because its either

a. scummy because of why I just said
b. A way to find a town for people who have played with him alot and know he does this.

Can we kill ritoky so far hes attacked doctor and missed the sarcasm and now this.


I've seen this guy before. He's either scum or believes that playing balls to the wall aggressive is the best way to make people sweat and maybe that's how he gets his reads. I'm cool with that if that's the case as long as he doesn't really try to push some bullshit like that "scum claim". TBH my policy on scum claiming is if I see a post that accuses someone of claiming scum I ignore it. I've only ever seen that phrase in kneejerk posts pretty much







RIP Aaliyah
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 31 2014 07:18 GMT
#322
On December 31 2014 16:10 sicklucker wrote:
Can we kill ritoky so far hes attacked doctor and missed the sarcasm and now this.


If he was being sarcastic in regards to damdred then his policy is a crock of shit and makes no sense.

He is willing to give exemptions in his policy for people who are "joking"?

He clearly stated he wants to get people who are impediments to town by shitting up the thread, particularly with lies, out of the game. A guy claimed scum, that is right in his policy wheelhouse, yet he chooses to ignore it entirely and write it off as nothing. So either:

a) he doesn't actually give 2 shits about his policy and posted it as fluff to fill up the thread
b) his policy is a pile of shit
or c) he knows something about damdred's alignment and elected to ignore him claiming scum.

If someone is gonna claim policy and then elect not to push on people because there is a "joking" exemption; that is just a load of horse crap.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 07:18 GMT
#323
what if i said "im mafia" would you totally flip your lid? you look really bad right now.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 07:21 GMT
#324
You're clearly more concerned about flipping this (whatever this is) to make me look bad instead of the important thing which is your read on damdred. If you aren't 100% sure he's scum then there's nothing to even talk about, so I don't know what you're doing.
RIP Aaliyah
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 31 2014 07:21 GMT
#325
On December 31 2014 16:18 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
what if i said "im mafia" would you totally flip your lid? you look really bad right now.


no, i would proceed to finding my 2nd scum.

you came into the thread trying to change the thread sentiment from whimsical to serious and then you didn't follow through on it at all. you're defensive, not trying to find scum, and you have already failed to follow your own established policy. you're mafia.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 07:22 GMT
#326
If I didn't say anything or ignored your questions you'd say I was avoiding you instead of being defensive. Yawn.
RIP Aaliyah
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
December 31 2014 07:22 GMT
#327
On December 31 2014 14:54 sicklucker wrote:
Mspaint. and No.

So like a scum dandred wont make a midnight opening joke post about him being mafia. Like who starts a mafia game at midnight. Scum would be more inclined to lurk untill tomorrow.

Im getting a slight town read from it. Dont see how you can get a strong read either way as in to like vote him. Awkward start of the game votes at the first thing they read piss me off.

it still ain't midnight in imperial sson
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 31 2014 07:22 GMT
#328
On December 31 2014 16:21 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
You're clearly more concerned about flipping this (whatever this is) to make me look bad instead of the important thing which is your read on damdred. If you aren't 100% sure he's scum then there's nothing to even talk about, so I don't know what you're doing.


i think he made a joke that has 0 alignment indicative information in it. but i am not the one spouting crap about policy lynching liars and shitters. you are, yet you choose not to follow through on that.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 07:23 GMT
#329
wouldn't your 2nd scum be damdred anyway? or do you not suspect damdred because this is all just bullshit and you're talking about nothing like i originally thought
RIP Aaliyah
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 31 2014 07:24 GMT
#330
On December 31 2014 16:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
wouldn't your 2nd scum be damdred anyway? or do you not suspect damdred because this is all just bullshit and you're talking about nothing like i originally thought


Do you think damdred is scum?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 07:24 GMT
#331
On December 31 2014 16:22 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 16:21 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
You're clearly more concerned about flipping this (whatever this is) to make me look bad instead of the important thing which is your read on damdred. If you aren't 100% sure he's scum then there's nothing to even talk about, so I don't know what you're doing.


i think he made a joke that has 0 alignment indicative information in it. but i am not the one spouting crap about policy lynching liars and shitters. you are, yet you choose not to follow through on that.

Unless you can swing this into a bandwagon by yourself by some miracle I'm done wasting time with this
RIP Aaliyah
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
December 31 2014 07:26 GMT
#332
Ritoky dandred did not break doctors "policys" He didnt "lie" he made a joke. I think your taking this too literal and doctor was totally making a joke as well. I think you look terrible attacking someone for making a joke about a joke.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 07:29 GMT
#333
Why even bring up damdred claiming scum, something I dont sre h see that he even did if you dont think it matters? I didnt even know what you were talkimg about and youre trying to tie it into a fluff post i made to get the ball rolling. People are arguing and taking sides so I dont see it as that useless. Feel free to disagree, it doesnt matter because we are somewhere now.
RIP Aaliyah
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
December 31 2014 07:33 GMT
#334
On December 31 2014 16:18 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 16:12 geript wrote:
On December 31 2014 16:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
He just did post his own conclusions on geript lol. Why are you so on peoples nuts this early, you're treating everythinf like you're 5 minutes away from posting some earth shattering case

That's because Eden keeps on coming across as more and more scummy the more he posts. Plus it's kinda what I do.

@Eden - I'm not much good at anything besides reading in between the lines and bullying (apprentice of Ace style), but when I start to see the things I understand and that jump out of me I really stick to it. I do think you're town and that since you seem to be pretty diligent and detailed I feel good about what you might be able to add or pick out of my cases later. I'm actually pissed I didn't roll scum in this game. I started playing mafia as scum in like 8 straight games and then really got it again. I do look at meta if I'm really suspicious of someone or can't figure out their behavior. It's too much of a pain in the ass to do if I'm not gonna really make use of it

Lemme revisit this later, the appeals to me in here are setting off alarms but I can't tell if I'm being unfair/suffering from confirmation bias or if there's something there. I'll rattle off a brief idea of the problems and see if I still agree with it on a later read / if anyone else has anything to say about it. It makes me feel like I'm being buddied but again, I'm not sure I'm being fair.
- The appeal both to my perceived innocence and alleged attention to detail and diligence bother me in a site meta-environment where, broadly speaking, aggressive asshole = town and not-aggressive-asshole = mafia. I actually feel really bad calling this out because I really would like to believe Doc is town and just not running with that meta-environment (which I would love, because I think it's not a fun meta-environment), but based on my past experiences here, these kinds of appeals are more likely to come from mafia than town than chance suggests.
- Addendum to the above, my rough recollection of Ace is that he practically wrote the heuristic I mentioned above with his harsh but effective town plan, so it's (again?) incongruous to me that Doc plays a "read between the lines, bullying" game and then is nice and relatively uncritical of me in this post.
- The appeals shifted toward something about being mad about not rolling scum that I swear I've only ever heard mafia say. Maybe my past experience is broken but it just feels off.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 31 2014 07:35 GMT
#335
On December 31 2014 16:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Why even bring up damdred claiming scum, something I dont sre h see that he even did if you dont think it matters? I didnt even know what you were talkimg about and youre trying to tie it into a fluff post i made to get the ball rolling. People are arguing and taking sides so I dont see it as that useless. Feel free to disagree, it doesnt matter because we are somewhere now.


Because I think it is a joke that should probably not be regarded in the slightest., but policies like yours and people who maintain them don't leave gray areas for jokes. It is a policy. So you should not read it as a joke but as a scum claim. Yet you play it off like you're reading it as a joke. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

You also don't seem to think damdred is scum.

On December 31 2014 15:44 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Yes. Slam dunk case. No point in him even defending himself really.



On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I believe strongly in Lynch All Liars.


So should I lynch you according to your own policy? Cuz if you don't think he is scum for scum claiming then you just lied sir; even if it was supposedly sarcasm.

@SL i think his policy is crap, he isn't maintaining it, and suddenly he has "joke" exemptions. furthermore i think he is a hypocrite and uninterested in finding scum.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
December 31 2014 07:35 GMT
#336
On December 31 2014 16:22 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 16:21 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
You're clearly more concerned about flipping this (whatever this is) to make me look bad instead of the important thing which is your read on damdred. If you aren't 100% sure he's scum then there's nothing to even talk about, so I don't know what you're doing.


i think he made a joke that has 0 alignment indicative information in it. but i am not the one spouting crap about policy lynching liars and shitters. you are, yet you choose not to follow through on that.

ritoky, where's this going? My recollection of you from our newbie game as an insightful player who catches crucial details and asks on-point questions isn't matching up with what I'm seeing unfold before me right now. You claim to have caught Doc lying by not pursuing a policy lynch on a joke. Do you think this actually makes him mafia?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 31 2014 07:41 GMT
#337
On December 31 2014 16:35 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 16:22 ritoky wrote:
On December 31 2014 16:21 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
You're clearly more concerned about flipping this (whatever this is) to make me look bad instead of the important thing which is your read on damdred. If you aren't 100% sure he's scum then there's nothing to even talk about, so I don't know what you're doing.


i think he made a joke that has 0 alignment indicative information in it. but i am not the one spouting crap about policy lynching liars and shitters. you are, yet you choose not to follow through on that.

ritoky, where's this going? My recollection of you from our newbie game as an insightful player who catches crucial details and asks on-point questions isn't matching up with what I'm seeing unfold before me right now. You claim to have caught Doc lying by not pursuing a policy lynch on a joke. Do you think this actually makes him mafia?


i am a tunneler when i find something that doesn't add up, and i push until it does or that person dies.

this guy comes into the thread makes a grandiose entrance about how he is gonna push his policy, then doesn't follow through with his policy at all. he then starts making excuses about not following through with it because someone claiming scum was a joke. news flash, i know it was a joke, but policies don't account for people joking they are black and white.

nothing he has said thus far adds up to me understanding why he made an exemption in pushing the policy he wants to push in regards to damdred. he should have made at least a small comment about it and didn't; and when pushed to make a comment on it he responded with sarcasm, deflection, and being defensive.

also he immediately wants to discuss lynching lurkers, and anyone who has played with me before knows the statistic i cite so frequently: 86% of the time the first person to start suggesting lynching lurkers is mafia.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
December 31 2014 07:50 GMT
#338
^I do like this post a lot better; I got a similar vibe from what Doc was saying just from focusing on other details of what he was saying. It just felt odd that you were coming at him a lot over the joke posting, but if it works for you (and inasfar as I understand what I'm reading, I'd say it has, since you ended up with the same conclusion) then so be it.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
December 31 2014 07:51 GMT
#339
Like when doctors says policy liars hes specifically talking about towns fake claiming roles to take bullets or push their agenda. Hes not talking about what dandred did. Its a shame your tunneling on this because alot of your addon points right now were not terrible.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
December 31 2014 07:52 GMT
#340
Ninjaed edens probably town
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 511 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings113
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11705
White-Ra 297
Dota 2
monkeys_forever786
NeuroSwarm141
febbydoto8
League of Legends
Doublelift5929
JimRising 656
Counter-Strike
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox793
Other Games
summit1g9605
Maynarde209
ArmadaUGS55
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick324
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 32m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.