• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:53
CEST 07:53
KST 14:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11794 users

Imperial Mafia - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 511 Next
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 06:07 GMT
#281
That being said I'd like to show everyone my spreadsheet ranking Day 1 joke posts from least to most scummy.
RIP Aaliyah
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 06:11 GMT
#282
You are not making my dick hard Dr. H. What do you think of sicklucker?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 06:14 GMT
#283
Uh, I don't want to make your dick hard. I don't think anything about anyone yet.
RIP Aaliyah
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 06:17 GMT
#284
So you don't find Robik who is normally an exceptionally prolific poster as town posting "Hello?" twice and then fucking off when he got ignored interesting in the slightest?
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
December 31 2014 06:20 GMT
#285
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:I believe strongly in Lynch All Liars.

i don't, why do you? i feel like i can just look at a particular situation and decide for myself if someone who was caught lying was town and trying too hard to do something cool or if they're mafia. and i'm putting all my votes on my best mafia read not on any policy.

On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:I will also more or less ignore every single "town" plan involving mass claims, trying to rig/game the setup, it's way too hard to get everyone on the same page and it has never ever worked in my experience.

just peeking at the setup real quick i'm almost positive this isn't going to be an issue, not seeing anything to game

On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:How does everyone feel about lurking players? Lower than expected activity can indicate blue just as much as scum. I like when DTs focus their checks on the lurkers rather than players who are active. There isn't a great in thread way to deal with lurkers. If I analyse lurkers post history at all, I usually wait until Day 2 or 3, that's enough time for the people who are lurking for a reason to make themselves more apparent I think.

not to be rude but this all seems obvious to the point of fluff... i rather just put all my votes on best mafia read and attempt to discern b/t town lurkers and mafia lurkers as the game goes along instead of making activity a point of interest. i don't worry about them until i get a vote record unless i'm really stumped


verdict: Doc's post seems stiff and awkwardly timed, and I feel like most of the policy discussion that might ensue from this won't really get anywhere, but it beats chasing people up trees for opening game banter. I guess I like Doc as town for now
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 06:21 GMT
#286
I havent played or read a game in more than a year, idk who that is and I don't know their meta. So no, I don't find it interesting. You do though so go ahead and follow up on it if you think it matters. That would be more interesting than asking me for reads right now.
RIP Aaliyah
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
December 31 2014 06:22 GMT
#287
On December 31 2014 15:14 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Uh, I don't want to make your dick hard. I don't think anything about anyone yet.

On December 31 2014 15:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
That being said I'd like to show everyone my spreadsheet ranking Day 1 joke posts from least to most scummy.

what's up with the second post here though? seems like if you have opinions about which posts are suspicious you have opinions about which people are suspicious. non?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 06:24 GMT
#288
On December 31 2014 15:20 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:I believe strongly in Lynch All Liars.

i don't, why do you? i feel like i can just look at a particular situation and decide for myself if someone who was caught lying was town and trying too hard to do something cool or if they're mafia. and i'm putting all my votes on my best mafia read not on any policy.

Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:I will also more or less ignore every single "town" plan involving mass claims, trying to rig/game the setup, it's way too hard to get everyone on the same page and it has never ever worked in my experience.

just peeking at the setup real quick i'm almost positive this isn't going to be an issue, not seeing anything to game

Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:How does everyone feel about lurking players? Lower than expected activity can indicate blue just as much as scum. I like when DTs focus their checks on the lurkers rather than players who are active. There isn't a great in thread way to deal with lurkers. If I analyse lurkers post history at all, I usually wait until Day 2 or 3, that's enough time for the people who are lurking for a reason to make themselves more apparent I think.

not to be rude but this all seems obvious to the point of fluff... i rather just put all my votes on best mafia read and attempt to discern b/t town lurkers and mafia lurkers as the game goes along instead of making activity a point of interest. i don't worry about them until i get a vote record unless i'm really stumped


verdict: Doc's post seems stiff and awkwardly timed, and I feel like most of the policy discussion that might ensue from this won't really get anywhere, but it beats chasing people up trees for opening game banter. I guess I like Doc as town for now


I think a town meta that sticks to LAL makes it much harder for mafia to maneuver in general. If people start letting town lies slide I feel way less pressured as scum and immediately start thinking of how I could abuse fake claims. A town that clinches down on that sort of thing would make me nervous. I dont usually support policy lynches but anyone caught in a lie deserves intense scrutiny and questioning imo
RIP Aaliyah
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
December 31 2014 06:24 GMT
#289
I think it was a joke about jokes? God I hate day 1's
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 06:24 GMT
#290
On December 31 2014 15:22 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:14 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Uh, I don't want to make your dick hard. I don't think anything about anyone yet.

Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
That being said I'd like to show everyone my spreadsheet ranking Day 1 joke posts from least to most scummy.

what's up with the second post here though? seems like if you have opinions about which posts are suspicious you have opinions about which people are suspicious. non?

Seems like you take everything literally, we're gonna have problems if you waste your time with shit like this.
RIP Aaliyah
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 06:27 GMT
#291
On December 31 2014 15:20 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:I believe strongly in Lynch All Liars.

i don't, why do you? i feel like i can just look at a particular situation and decide for myself if someone who was caught lying was town and trying too hard to do something cool or if they're mafia. and i'm putting all my votes on my best mafia read not on any policy.

Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:I will also more or less ignore every single "town" plan involving mass claims, trying to rig/game the setup, it's way too hard to get everyone on the same page and it has never ever worked in my experience.

just peeking at the setup real quick i'm almost positive this isn't going to be an issue, not seeing anything to game

Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:How does everyone feel about lurking players? Lower than expected activity can indicate blue just as much as scum. I like when DTs focus their checks on the lurkers rather than players who are active. There isn't a great in thread way to deal with lurkers. If I analyse lurkers post history at all, I usually wait until Day 2 or 3, that's enough time for the people who are lurking for a reason to make themselves more apparent I think.

not to be rude but this all seems obvious to the point of fluff... i rather just put all my votes on best mafia read and attempt to discern b/t town lurkers and mafia lurkers as the game goes along instead of making activity a point of interest. i don't worry about them until i get a vote record unless i'm really stumped


verdict: Doc's post seems stiff and awkwardly timed, and I feel like most of the policy discussion that might ensue from this won't really get anywhere, but it beats chasing people up trees for opening game banter. I guess I like Doc as town for now

I'm going to go ahead and shut down this line right now. Maybe you get a point for being zealous, but not really. I've played and read a number of games w/ DrH. He doesn't care how discussion gets started up, he just wants the ball to get rolling. He hasn't played in a while. I don't think his post makes him town or scum. It's a bland boring useless post for the most part, but it's one that used to be a more standard way of opening games.

I'm more concerned about how you find a post that is "stiff and awkwardly timed," two traits that are more often considered mafia tells, towny? Can you explain that more fully? It's also pretty weird that you reasonably correctly point out that his post is going nowhere while simultaneously responding to it.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
December 31 2014 06:28 GMT
#292
On December 31 2014 15:17 geript wrote:
So you don't find Robik who is normally an exceptionally prolific poster as town posting "Hello?" twice and then fucking off when he got ignored interesting in the slightest?


I just saw him get wrecked in a final 3 on twitch tv. I prob wouldn't either
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
December 31 2014 06:29 GMT
#293
eh i don't really see it, doc. as mafia i'm not going to try to lie any more or less if townies start lying, i'm probably going to exploit townies lying by trying to push policy lynches on them. policy lynches on townies are free mislynches for mafia

and i mean yeah, "intense scrutiny and questioning" sure, but are you afraid people are actually NOT going to do this? this almost seems like an empty statement
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 31 2014 06:32 GMT
#294
On December 31 2014 15:27 geript wrote:
I'm more concerned about how you find a post that is "stiff and awkwardly timed," two traits that are more often considered mafia tells, towny? Can you explain that more fully? It's also pretty weird that you reasonably correctly point out that his post is going nowhere while simultaneously responding to it.

@Eden Explain.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
December 31 2014 06:35 GMT
#295
On December 31 2014 15:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:22 Eden1892 wrote:
On December 31 2014 15:14 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Uh, I don't want to make your dick hard. I don't think anything about anyone yet.

On December 31 2014 15:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
That being said I'd like to show everyone my spreadsheet ranking Day 1 joke posts from least to most scummy.

what's up with the second post here though? seems like if you have opinions about which posts are suspicious you have opinions about which people are suspicious. non?

Seems like you take everything literally, we're gonna have problems if you waste your time with shit like this.

just checking, it seemed like a joke but i didn't want to supply that answer in case it weren't~

On December 31 2014 15:32 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:27 geript wrote:
I'm more concerned about how you find a post that is "stiff and awkwardly timed," two traits that are more often considered mafia tells, towny? Can you explain that more fully? It's also pretty weird that you reasonably correctly point out that his post is going nowhere while simultaneously responding to it.

@Eden Explain.

sure, i'm not sure what you meant by "shut down this line" in the previous part of the post btw so if you want a reply to that please clarify for my addled brain

as for why i read it townie, like i said, it seemed like an effort to get discussion somewhere besides early-game banter, which imo wasn't going anywhere. i followed up on the post because even if the object-level discussion ends up being pretty pointless, i can get some possibly useful meta-level reads from it - and hey, maybe it is going somewhere and i miss it, y'know?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 31 2014 06:36 GMT
#296
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
What's up nerds. Let's talk policy - unlike a lot of people I think it's plenty useful on Day 1.

I believe strongly in Lynch All Liars.


What's your policy on lynching people who claim scum?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 06:37 GMT
#297
On December 31 2014 15:29 Eden1892 wrote:
eh i don't really see it, doc. as mafia i'm not going to try to lie any more or less if townies start lying, i'm probably going to exploit townies lying by trying to push policy lynches on them. policy lynches on townies are free mislynches for mafia

and i mean yeah, "intense scrutiny and questioning" sure, but are you afraid people are actually NOT going to do this? this almost seems like an empty statement

Yeah, I do fear that sadly enough. Ov course , in the timeframe of a single game it doesn't mean anything. I'm just talking general meta and from when I did most of my playing (a while ago) it was v eady to get away with fakeclaims as scum (ive been scum many times and done it myself many times) or set up weird vuses (buses) in themed games and sfuff (stuff).

When towns in general are lax about that stuff (as i have once known them to be) i don't worry so much if i roll scum. Townies who lie just throw a wrench into everything by creatinf (creatinf /€ fuck) we

Creating mislynch opportunities. Sorry for the typos amd weird formatting. Did it again. Can't backspace on my mobile for some reason, really abboying annoying seeing as I have enormous thumbs.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 06:41 GMT
#298
On December 31 2014 15:36 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
What's up nerds. Let's talk policy - unlike a lot of people I think it's plenty useful on Day 1.

I believe strongly in Lynch All Liars.


What's your policy on lynching people who claim scum?

What does that mean
RIP Aaliyah
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
December 31 2014 06:42 GMT
#299
On December 31 2014 15:41 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2014 15:36 ritoky wrote:
On December 31 2014 15:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
What's up nerds. Let's talk policy - unlike a lot of people I think it's plenty useful on Day 1.

I believe strongly in Lynch All Liars.


What's your policy on lynching people who claim scum?

What does that mean


On December 31 2014 14:01 Damdred wrote:
I'm sorry geript was to busy in scum qt to beat you to first this time.

I've been having mafia withdrawls


Should we lynch damdred for claiming scum?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 31 2014 06:44 GMT
#300
Yes. Slam dunk case. No point in him even defending himself really.
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 511 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings97
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 167
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 432
hero 380
BeSt 255
Mind 33
Terrorterran 26
Bale 22
Noble 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 672
Counter-Strike
taco 393
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King150
Other Games
summit1g9241
ArmadaUGS43
Livibee29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick504
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Rush1428
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 7m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.