• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:24
CEST 09:24
KST 16:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9695 users

Hearthstone Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 06 2014 16:21 GMT
#2584
So here's what I'm thinking at the moment.

The defense VisceraEyes provided yesterday is full of holes and I think he's scum. The contradictions become pretty blatant when you juxtapose the following two posts:

On November 05 2014 10:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
Holyflare what do you think about Circumcision?


On November 06 2014 02:05 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2014 01:48 Holyflare wrote:
One thing that's been on my mind is VisceralEyes' assertion during N1 that he was going to be pushing for Damdred today and not sheeping HolyFlare.


This is actually a great point

Hi, I'm sorry, this was my fucking lynch? Yeah this was my fucking lynch. You wanted to lynch someone else and I was all "What about risk nuke?" and you're all "Yeeeeah booooyyyy"

So no, it's actually not a great point. If you think it's a great point you'r emafia. Was it a great point?


VisceraEyes claims that he didn't mention Damdred around the time of the first post (and my big push on Damdred) because he was trying to work "amicably" with HolyFlare.

The second post immediately follows the first in VisceraEyes' filter, and is the start of VisceraEyes' thread-derailing tilt at HolyFlare.

It doesn't make any sense for VisceraEyes to go from trying to work amicably with someone he had gone so far as to color green in his list of reads and compromise with on his preferred lynch, to full on OMGUS in one post. Someone with that amicable mindset would have owned it from the start rather than derail the thread. "I know I said I was going to push Damdred, but if you look at my filter you can see I changed my mind and compromised with HolyFlare on risk.nuke." BAM. Done. Instead we got (in order):

  • Only scum would think that my lack of bringing up my own top scum read was a good point.
  • I wasn't around to comment on my top scum read.
  • Okay I was around, but the "sheep" wouldn't have liked me going against HolyFlare and I wanted to work amicably with him.


The amount of backtracking and self-contradiction is extremely scummy, the lack of interest in his own top scum read is scummy, and the blatant role fishing throughout the day is scummy. I think VisceraEyes is scum.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 06 2014 16:53 GMT
#2593
Other thoughts.

I'm not sold on Damdred being Town yet. While HolyFlare made a good point regarding a lack of clear scum motivation to reveal yesterday's power the manner of the reveal, the subsequent alterations when it became clear that only I was affected, and the role-heavy nature of the game make me disinclined to clear him based solely on that. I'm still parsing his interaction with VisceraEyes late yesterday.

jrkirby's 24+ hour absence punctuated only by "OOPS I need to vote for OBLIVION" is bizarre and scummy. I want to know why he didn't see fit to comment on any of a myriad of relevant topics before or after the lynch. It looks very much like a lurker scum keeping their head down.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 06 2014 17:06 GMT
#2598
On November 07 2014 01:53 VisceraEyes wrote:
Suess your attack on me doesn't even make me mafia. Like, the thread would have had to be ON RAILS for me to derail it, and the thread was dead when I started flippin. And going OMGUS on HF is one of my town-traits anyway. That case is just so full of fail LOL

Have a RB Nullifier breh as a consolation prize?


That has little or nothing to do with my main point, which is that your excuses don't line up with reality. Nevermind that when presented with an opportunity to discuss things with one of your top Town reads and move the thread in a positive direction you instead chose to flip out.

On November 07 2014 01:57 VisceraEyes wrote:
For the record Suess I really thoroughly enjoy your play outside the fact that you're wrong on me. Really solid stuff sir.


Appreciated.

You're still scum.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 06 2014 17:07 GMT
#2599
On that note who are your scum reads?
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 06 2014 18:27 GMT
#2606
On November 07 2014 02:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
A point you're failing to recognize is that once Holyflare states open suspicion of me, he ceases to be my top townread. Like, that's the big point you are overlooking. When HF starts saying he is suspicious of me for no reason (fmp) then he's doing something horrifically scummy when he should know better and at that point he becomes a suspicious person to me. As the argument goes on I become progressively more and more, and then subsequently less and less, sure about that read.

I'm not scum. Try again friend.


This is basically the definition of OMGUS. You strike me as the sort of person who is smart enough and experienced enough to recognize that someone pointing out or contemplating your scummy behavior does not instantly make them scum.

Instead the moment you were even slightly called into question you were completely defensive and put a lot of effort into discrediting the people asking the question rather than answering it. When you finally did answer it was blatantly false, and your revised answer simply does not match your actions.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 06 2014 19:15 GMT
#2609
Actually I tried to ask him about his wealth of Town reads last night. He hasn't responded yet, but I'm pretty suspicious of anyone who can just drop 11 Town reads out of 14 players on D2.

I obviously wasn't a big fan of his return to the thread last night. Unless I read it wrong he spent a paragraph talking about how risk.nuke's train forming quickly and without opposition didn't indicate risk.nuke was mafia, and then voted risk.nuke anyway. It looked like scum distancing themselves from what they knew was going to be a Town lynch. He did confirm the chicken, but that's the only positive thing that stood out to me.

While I was out he returned again and wrung his hands about not having a "comfortable lynch target". His defense of his risk.nuke vote was bland and uninspiring for someone who was simultaneously expressing disappointment at the lack of an alternative.

He's slightly better than jrkirby for actually bothering to do anything with what time he had, and I respect that people have real life commitments. I'm looking to see what he does going forward and evaluate accordingly.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 12 2014 13:20 GMT
#3572
D2 was just the worst.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 12 2014 13:51 GMT
#3575
Pretty much, I don't think obs would have picked up on HolyFlare so completely without Wave dropping that hint.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 12 2014 15:26 GMT
#3589
I blame D2 for everything. This may be due to not paying much attention to the game after I died.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 12 2014 20:07 GMT
#3605
On November 13 2014 03:58 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 03:52 Blazinghand wrote:
I actually am interested to know what scum thought when I got shot instead of misder, since they never talked about it in the QT. Were they worried about a vigi or did they realize I was a bodyguard

TBH HF was doing some weird shots. He kept switching on think on the basis of making them seem random or trying to make it appear that we had 1 shot instead of two. Can anyone comment on this. I wasn't sure if that was the best play. It worked out but I'm wondering what peoples opinions are of how shots should best me carried out in general


Basically you either kill the towniest/best players so late game is a mess of people eyeing each other suspiciously or you just YOLO and let Town logic themselves to death.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 13 2014 14:13 GMT
#3648
On November 13 2014 07:42 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 07:33 marvellosity wrote:
On November 13 2014 07:31 ritoky wrote:
On November 13 2014 06:52 VisceraEyes wrote:
Also HF is despicable for taking advantage of a player who doesn't know any better, but that's a conversation for a different time and thread.


i disagree with this entirely, and take a lot of offense to this comment. i knew full well what i was doing accepting HF's assertion. yes it ended up backfiring on me, but he agreed with my case that lynched mafia day 1 so i was willing to take the risk for a while. like i said if it was 4 or 3 with HF alive, i was lynching HF 100% of the time; i had already made the conscious decision.

you shouldn't talk shit and underestimate players. it was that same line of thinking that had 0 people listening to my reads that were 80% on mafia almost all game.

This is a frankly shocking justification; if a player is telling the thread something that isn't true, then you say so. I don't care if you "knew full well what you were doing", because what were you were doing was bad.

Whatever upside you think there was in letting the thread believe a lie, it wasn't worth it and it was never going to be worth it.


i agree and disagree. i think had i not gotten busy with work at an inopportune time, i would have corrected it sooner in the thread (but hindsight is a bitch huh?). however, in terms of personal experience and my opinion it served as a very good function of continuity for at least day 2, i would probably play it the same for the second day doing it over; the 3rd and beyond is questionable.

your criticism is obtuse though. "don't lie as town" yeah....right.

i also think there is a problematic meta on these forums from my personal experience where certain players value others' opinions way too highly and disregard others' opinions way too quickly. but that's another can of worms.


You were the towniest town in the game, but to be honest I have no idea how that particular lie could have helped Town at all. My own play probably wouldn't have been altered much because I died before I got overly suspicious of HolyFlare, but it definitely warped the game to the detriment of Town.

It was a bad mistake, but then all the Town wigging out for no reason or coasting hard on D2 didn't help either.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1382
BeSt 287
Soulkey 127
Soma 111
sorry 106
Mind 71
Bale 25
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
League of Legends
JimRising 587
Counter-Strike
edward21
Other Games
summit1g9173
Coldzera 717
WinterStarcraft676
C9.Mang0270
Sick196
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
BasetradeTV208
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2234
Other Games
• Shiphtur643
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 36m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.