• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:06
CEST 16:06
KST 23:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7946 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 17:54 GMT
#1108
On September 09 2014 02:40 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 02:39 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?


Sure could you actually answer the question

[image loading]
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:03 GMT
#1111
Meh. I don't find that very convincing. It's moreso that he has no desire to help town whatsoever. His inconsistencies on who and what type of person should get the grail are pretty fucking weird too. Plus, he pretty much auto-assumed that Rayn/Koshi are town super early in D1.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:05 GMT
#1113
On September 09 2014 02:57 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 02:54 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:40 Damdred wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:39 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?


Sure could you actually answer the question

[image loading]


You gave a smart ass reply not an actual answer, so if you could quit trying to play at semantics it would be cool.

I am not trying to play at semantics.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:07 GMT
#1115
On September 09 2014 03:04 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 03:03 geript wrote:
Meh. I don't find that very convincing. It's moreso that he has no desire to help town whatsoever. His inconsistencies on who and what type of person should get the grail are pretty fucking weird too. Plus, he pretty much auto-assumed that Rayn/Koshi are town super early in D1.

Why are you so desperately avoiding saying, "man, you're right. That's actualyl a good point" Stop being such a weeeweee

Because it's not a good point. He changes verb tense idk like 4 times in the quote you cover. That's not actually mafia indicative unless you have a grammar nazi doing it. I don't see how incorrect verb tense makes anyone mafia at any point.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:13 GMT
#1117
On September 09 2014 03:07 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 03:05 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:57 Damdred wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:54 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:40 Damdred wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:39 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?


Sure could you actually answer the question

[image loading]


You gave a smart ass reply not an actual answer, so if you could quit trying to play at semantics it would be cool.

I am not trying to play at semantics.


Ok then answer, we know haru. But why did you pick the other people

I had a meta case on you; it's pretty good. You should probably concede.

On Rob; kinda to piss him off a little bit into actually doing something if he's town but mostly because he's lacked any substantive push. His play has reminded me of practically each game of video mafia with me (he's been mafia each time except once) and there's no consistency whatsoever in his reads. He just reflects whatever the people in the thread at the time are thinking. He does drive at his own reads or have much conviction about them. Hell look at the extra vote race. Did he even bother to do anything to get the extra vote? No. He just kept spouting that he was town and people magically voted him for that. All he's trying to do is the exact thing I did in my last game, create a filter that is so large and "bouncey" that no one can nail you down.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:13 GMT
#1118
On September 09 2014 02:01 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2014 20:04 HaruRH wrote:
On September 04 2014 16:04 geript wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:55 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:53 geript wrote:
I don't really have any solid townreads yet. It's really sad. Plus there's too many people on my too lynch list. Gun to my head Koshi; he's not as happy and fun as I usually think of him. But there's an odd towny air to him.


who, other than non-posters, is on your "too lynch list"?

Oats is like really not town oTsy to me. Ps I am the oats whisperer (sssshhhh don't tell Austin)
Gobbly I'm pretty solid on. He's really thread policy which he tends to be in his scum games. Plus he's not really paranoid and aggressive and analyzing things which is what I saw in his town games. But he's pretty new so I'm a little hesitant there.
Yamato for funsies. But seriously if he doesn't try to add something useful.
HaruRH I get a really weird vibe from. I haven't played with him much but I got the feels from him early on.
Robik. He's done a lot of things I've seen from his mafia play. He hasn't hard called me town yet. He's been schmoozing and generally unproductive (in an unproductive way instead of in a town Robik way).


Slowish I'm guessing is town. Sylencia might be too based on attitude. That's essentially where I'm at.


On September 05 2014 11:53 geript wrote:
Town Princess Newbie
TownWorld Heavyweight

Mafia Noir
Mafia Detention


If you look in his town games, he actually comes out with his own opinions. He forces stuff that he thinks because he finds it important. He even comes up with some good reads (e.g. his HaruRH read in Noir). I'm not really seeing that at all this game from him.

If you look in his scum games, he mostly comments on the thread rather than forcing is own thoughts and things onto people. By this I mean, he talks about things that are going on in the thread, being said, being talked about etc. He rarely forces his viewpoint and doesn't really "stick himself out there."

That's the major difference that I see. The problem is that first meta is easy to use incorrectly and second that newer players change much faster which makes meta arguments much worse. In this game, I see far, far more of the latter. He's not really pushing his opinion on anything or anyone in a strong way. That's specifically why I think he's mafia. My hesitation is that I don't have a great record using meta and he's new which makes him harder to read.


Basically the 2 things I highlighted shows how he progressively hard scumreads gobble at early d1 and then relieve some pressure off him by stating how he was newbie and shit. Horribly twisting 'meta' reads to his advantage.


This goes against haru's whole argument for why geript is scum
Twisting meta to call a town town, is not using meta to geript's advantage if geript is scum.

This post you mean? I read it, idk 4-5 minutes after you posted it. Not sure why that would ever matter.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:26 GMT
#1121
On September 08 2014 20:04 HaruRH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 16:04 geript wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:55 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:53 geript wrote:
I don't really have any solid townreads yet. It's really sad. Plus there's too many people on my too lynch list. Gun to my head Koshi; he's not as happy and fun as I usually think of him. But there's an odd towny air to him.


who, other than non-posters, is on your "too lynch list"?

Oats is like really not town oTsy to me. Ps I am the oats whisperer (sssshhhh don't tell Austin)
Gobbly I'm pretty solid on. He's really thread policy which he tends to be in his scum games. Plus he's not really paranoid and aggressive and analyzing things which is what I saw in his town games. But he's pretty new so I'm a little hesitant there.
Yamato for funsies. But seriously if he doesn't try to add something useful.
HaruRH I get a really weird vibe from. I haven't played with him much but I got the feels from him early on.
Robik. He's done a lot of things I've seen from his mafia play. He hasn't hard called me town yet. He's been schmoozing and generally unproductive (in an unproductive way instead of in a town Robik way).


Slowish I'm guessing is town. Sylencia might be too based on attitude. That's essentially where I'm at.


Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 11:53 geript wrote:
Town Princess Newbie
TownWorld Heavyweight

Mafia Noir
Mafia Detention


If you look in his town games, he actually comes out with his own opinions. He forces stuff that he thinks because he finds it important. He even comes up with some good reads (e.g. his HaruRH read in Noir). I'm not really seeing that at all this game from him.

If you look in his scum games, he mostly comments on the thread rather than forcing is own thoughts and things onto people. By this I mean, he talks about things that are going on in the thread, being said, being talked about etc. He rarely forces his viewpoint and doesn't really "stick himself out there."

That's the major difference that I see. The problem is that first meta is easy to use incorrectly and second that newer players change much faster which makes meta arguments much worse. In this game, I see far, far more of the latter. He's not really pushing his opinion on anything or anyone in a strong way. That's specifically why I think he's mafia. My hesitation is that I don't have a great record using meta and he's new which makes him harder to read.


Basically the 2 things I highlighted shows how he progressively hard scumreads gobble at early d1 and then relieve some pressure off him by stating how he was newbie and shit. Horribly twisting 'meta' reads to his advantage.

He's saying that I'm "progressively hard scumreading gobble" but so that I don't get pressure I "state how he's newbie and shit." So I am "horribly twisting meta to my own advantage" of pushing a townie pressumably.

I have no clue how you can make an argument that his verb tense usage makes him mafia or how I'm magically calling Gobble town at any point so there's no advantage in me calling Gobble town so therefore I'm town. Or whatever the town-town argument is exactly.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 19:41 GMT
#1137
On September 09 2014 04:21 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 04:13 ritoky wrote:
On September 09 2014 04:10 Damdred wrote:
Yeaaaaaa sureee you can go with that. Must be easy to scum read someone based on something that has nothin to do with this game.

Ger is twisting meta that isn't even true really to scum read me, and robs using me posting in both places to scum read me.


okay, i won't twist anything; i will ask for your word instead. why are you spending significantly more time in the other game than this one? and why did you lie about it to me earlier?


I haven't lied to you Rit at all, the other game is day 3 48+48+24+24. This game started around the time my cell was up in Cell mafia, I had my car stolen with my computer and cell phone in it. My activity on all three games basically hit 0 around the time that happened until I could get replacements, cell had 2 posts, this had 1 post and mission had maybe 2-3 if that.

Once I got a new phone I was able to post more day 2 there, and start here, but by then sloosh decided to jump on me before I could catch up and read the way I normally would.

Also, I generally respond to things directed at me in all the games I play with and comment on things that I want to otherwise. I posted about things that have looked off to me here, so far. And my meta is still being twisted to be the opposite of what it is for early in the game.

So no i'm not lying to you rit.

Are you saying that for as long as people call you mafia for being useless you'll continue to be useless and whine about it? So when someone points out your meta you'll just say it's being twisted. Some you've managed to be a great lynch.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 00:41 GMT
#1163
On September 09 2014 09:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
lynch dat lm guys.
INSTANT LYNCH HIS FACE SO WE CAN GET TO THE PART WHERE EVERYONE DIES.

What?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 00:44 GMT
#1164
FYI. We're lynching today because I think the judge isn't someone we can trust.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 03:34 GMT
#1171
On September 09 2014 12:28 HaruRH wrote:
ACTUALLY i thought that the judge's lynch was quite reasonable. By not targeting rayn, dam or sylencia, where mafia is definitely voting for at least one, he can let mafia think judge is between oats (for voting koshi) and rayn (they have some lame ass beef) which in fact, is most likely not true. As such, i can bet my balls (virtual balls) that mafia tried to kill rayn or oats and got blocked by gobble (this is espeically true since the necro can apparently still see the target's role, so that guy will get souped)

Since it is a given that judge lynched koshi with town intents, we can start eliminating people off the list.

Geript (2) - Sylencia, HaruRH
Sylencia (2) - ritoky, raynpelikoneet
Damdred (3) - gobbeldydook, Koshi, geript
Koshi (1) - Oatsmaster
Raynpelikoneet (5) - Yamato77, Damdred, IAmRobik, SloOsh,gobbledydook

Koshi is still a wildcard so he is bolded.
robik is town because i know for sure scumrobik will not go for the grail. He will just give excuses and lurk like mad.
gobble and i are green because gobble flipped while i am town. These are given.
Yamato is green because i trust robik's townreads more than my own.

if my analysis is correct, i predict that either oats or rayn will get souped. Mafia might try to save the soup and not soup anyone d2 too. I have different sets of scumreads according to who gets souped and if nobody gets souped. I'll save them for d3 so it doesn't help the mafia.
But, my general scumreads now are :geript, sloosh, ritoky.


Koshi was not a wild card. Robick would be more than willing to go for the grail just because he "wouldn't do that as mafia." He's done that as mafia like a billion and a half times.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 04:08 GMT
#1187
On September 09 2014 13:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
geript do you really think robert is mafia? srs question.

It's reasonably serious. Not 100%. Less sure since I was sure Robik was mafia in his video mafia game but he just got immunity so he can't be.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 04:09 GMT
#1188
I think i see what you're saying on sylencia though. Nice catch.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 04:27 GMT
#1198
On September 09 2014 13:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Here's what Sylencia has done in this game:
1) Setup speculation - everything he said was wrong or bad and at best a null tell
2) called geript scum - on D2 as per "what he said on D1 and what Haru summed up better but that was not his reasoning on D1.
3) he has "watched geript" after calling him scum on D1 - not scumhunting while accusing geript of not looking for more than 1 mafia" - yes he used that exact wording
4) called Koshi scum on D2 because he "suddenly let go of gobble" - not reading the thread because Koshi switched his vote when GOBBLE FUCKING CLAIMED!!!!

mafiamafiamafiamafiamafiamafiamafiamafiamafiamafiamafiamafiamafia!!!!

I think you missed 5. I forget it because I'm watching video mafia, but there was another weird thing in that post.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 04:29 GMT
#1199
Had to do with another post on damdred i think. Don't quite remember. Should've just said it.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 04:41 GMT
#1205
I still think LM is town. He looked really towny to me day 1. He's also prone to being modkilled sadly. But we can't afford to lynch him over a few other people.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 08:38 GMT
#1245
On September 09 2014 17:10 Sylencia wrote:
Actually on second thought I wouldn't bother revealing if I was to get lynched

Nope. Now you claim. There's only a handful of roles that could get you into considering claiming prelynch. Claim or die. It's that simple.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 08:50 GMT
#1247
On September 09 2014 17:43 Sylencia wrote:
Plz geript I know you want to soup but I'm still on the train, so you'll have to wait. Unfortunately for you though I've been sitting on this train for an hour know and it's not looking like I'm getting home any time soon =(!

If I were mafia, I'd have souped last night and gotten 3 people thank you very much. I also would've just souped the martyr instead of going for a kill. This setup is really easy if you know what to look for.

Hell that's a major reason why Rayn is town. In no way does he ever not soup last night. In no way does he let his team soup last night.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 08:51 GMT
#1248
Correction: I'd probably have souped for 4.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 09 2014 09:27 GMT
#1250
On September 09 2014 18:14 HaruRH wrote:
Problem is, mafia still can soup tonight. If its me ill soup for all.

That doesn't explain why you'd ever consider claiming.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1106
RotterdaM590
SteadfastSC285
TKL 216
Rex126
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 590
SteadfastSC 285
TKL 216
Rex 126
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 30
ProTech17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46783
Calm 2347
Shuttle 1814
Jaedong 1701
Horang2 877
actioN 640
Mini 634
EffOrt 600
Soma 600
Soulkey 404
[ Show more ]
Stork 321
Rush 272
Larva 247
ZerO 215
BeSt 206
Snow 201
firebathero 140
Zeus 95
Mong 91
910 73
Mind 68
hero 61
Free 59
sorry 58
Hyun 55
Last 52
Yoon 51
Sharp 42
Shinee 39
PianO 37
Pusan 36
Shine 31
JYJ 31
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 24
Sexy 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Bale 21
Aegong 17
HiyA 14
Killer 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Rock 10
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5364
Dendi1154
Counter-Strike
fl0m1956
Fnx 603
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King174
ChuDatz6
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes600
Lowko350
Other Games
singsing2162
olofmeister1301
hiko685
B2W.Neo341
DeMusliM217
Livibee187
Pyrionflax154
Liquid`VortiX132
Khaldor83
Trikslyr81
QueenE66
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1320
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH205
• mYiSmile16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2055
• Jankos1688
• TFBlade538
• Noizen114
Other Games
• Shiphtur673
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 54m
The PondCast
19h 54m
INu's Battles
20h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.