• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:08
CEST 01:08
KST 08:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13120 users

TL Mafia LXVII: Storm Mafia 2 - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 15:14 GMT
#239
On July 08 2014 00:06 prplhz wrote:
i don't think anything about toad's posts. they're overzealous but in my experience that is not outside of what toad is capable of doing as either alignment.


So it doesn't bother you at all that he finds you scummy despite there being flaws in the argumentation?
Do you like his points on Forumite?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 15:16 GMT
#240
On July 08 2014 00:14 VisceraEyes wrote:
So far I like Vivax the least of everyone actively posting. I think he reacted poorly to being called out by Forumite.


Where did he call me out.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 15:19 GMT
#246
On July 08 2014 00:17 VisceraEyes wrote:
Oh Forumite never called out Vivax. So why is he reacting to Forumite calling out Koshi? :/

Something weird is already going on.


I think you should reread the game a few more times.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 15:34 GMT
#276
On July 08 2014 00:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2014 00:19 iamperfection wrote:
On July 08 2014 00:17 VisceraEyes wrote:
Oh Forumite never called out Vivax. So why is he reacting to Forumite calling out Koshi? :/

Something weird is already going on.

because usually people talk about what other people post in mafia games.

Why are you throwing out baseless suspicion and not fully explaining it.

It's not baseless. Forumite is calling out Koshi for shitposting right? Why is Vivax feeling compelled to respond to that? I saw Vivax post on it and thought Forumite was talking about /him/ right? But he wasn't, he was talking about Koshi.
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2014 23:57 Vivax wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:55 Forumite wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:52 iamperfection wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:51 Forumite wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:38 prplhz wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:34 Forumite wrote:
My metaread says that prplhz 99% confirmed town. Toades, please unvote prplhz, he´s town.

prplhz, I´d like to know your early reads.

I´d rather lynch within 24hrs than 5 minutes before deadline. Rushed lynches suck and never end well. No, I don´t care if scum will hammer early and sway the lynch. If they are reckless then they draw attention to themselves, which is good for us. So start voting.

Koshi spamming, ruining the thread and delaying the lynch, he´s scum or third party and needs to die.

##Vote: Koshi

don't really have any reads yet, a few tentative town reads is all.
k, I don´t care about townreads unless we´re close to the lynch.

On July 07 2014 23:37 IAmRobik wrote:
iamp, how do we feel about forumite's first post. Kinda resembles Koshi's with a tad more content. But the content smells bullshitty. I lean town nevertheless even though I'm not certain I agree with any of the conclusions at this moment
What conclusions? My read on Koshi? My read on prplhz? My thoughts on lynching early or risk a rushed lynch or a no lynch? Do you enjoy the voting frenzy 5 minutes before deadline followed by yet another town lynch, because I don´t.

On July 07 2014 23:36 Koshi wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:34 Forumite wrote:
My metaread says that prplhz 99% confirmed town. Toades, please unvote prplhz, he´s town.

prplhz, I´d like to know your early reads.

I´d rather lynch within 24hrs than 5 minutes before deadline. Rushed lynches suck and never end well. No, I don´t care if scum will hammer early and sway the lynch. If they are reckless then they draw attention to themselves, which is good for us. So start voting.

Koshi spamming, ruining the thread and delaying the lynch, he´s scum or third party and needs to die.

##Vote: Koshi

The fact you say I am ruining the thread hurts me more than you voting me. I am the entertainment value here.
Your empty posts fill the thread and make it harder to read the thread and see posts of real value. It´s spamming and anti-town, which makes you scum, so you have to die.

about 75% of the posts have been useless including mine why pick koshi over anyone else.
He´s actively creating more useless posts beside his own by making others go along with his games and riddles.


This is a very superficial read and shows you're not in the same frame as the guys who start D1 with literally nothing else to talk about but...Something.

Like, he reacts with immediate suspicion against Forumite based on that one line. It just seems aggressive for how passively Vivax opened the game. Different from the /rest/ of his play. But please, tell me how baseless my suspicions are more iamp.


Both me and Koshi posted riddles and talked about not so important stuff while there was nothing important to talk about. Forumite could have called out both of us on it, but he didn't.

The thing about forumite is that his reasoning on Koshi implies you should be posting serious stuff when not enough people have posted something of substance at that point. The not serious stuff is a way of getting discussion going, however pointless it might be, it's still better than nothing.

Do you understand it now or will you leave your point standing that it's scummy to call out stuff you find scummy even when that stuff is not adressed to you?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 15:51 GMT
#293
On July 08 2014 00:11 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2014 23:55 Vivax wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:52 iamperfection wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:51 Forumite wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:38 prplhz wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:34 Forumite wrote:
My metaread says that prplhz 99% confirmed town. Toades, please unvote prplhz, he´s town.

prplhz, I´d like to know your early reads.

I´d rather lynch within 24hrs than 5 minutes before deadline. Rushed lynches suck and never end well. No, I don´t care if scum will hammer early and sway the lynch. If they are reckless then they draw attention to themselves, which is good for us. So start voting.

Koshi spamming, ruining the thread and delaying the lynch, he´s scum or third party and needs to die.

##Vote: Koshi

don't really have any reads yet, a few tentative town reads is all.
k, I don´t care about townreads unless we´re close to the lynch.

On July 07 2014 23:37 IAmRobik wrote:
iamp, how do we feel about forumite's first post. Kinda resembles Koshi's with a tad more content. But the content smells bullshitty. I lean town nevertheless even though I'm not certain I agree with any of the conclusions at this moment
What conclusions? My read on Koshi? My read on prplhz? My thoughts on lynching early or risk a rushed lynch or a no lynch? Do you enjoy the voting frenzy 5 minutes before deadline followed by yet another town lynch, because I don´t.

On July 07 2014 23:36 Koshi wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:34 Forumite wrote:
My metaread says that prplhz 99% confirmed town. Toades, please unvote prplhz, he´s town.

prplhz, I´d like to know your early reads.

I´d rather lynch within 24hrs than 5 minutes before deadline. Rushed lynches suck and never end well. No, I don´t care if scum will hammer early and sway the lynch. If they are reckless then they draw attention to themselves, which is good for us. So start voting.

Koshi spamming, ruining the thread and delaying the lynch, he´s scum or third party and needs to die.

##Vote: Koshi

The fact you say I am ruining the thread hurts me more than you voting me. I am the entertainment value here.
Your empty posts fill the thread and make it harder to read the thread and see posts of real value. It´s spamming and anti-town, which makes you scum, so you have to die.

about 75% of the posts have been useless including mine why pick koshi over anyone else.


I'm interested into this too.

Prpl, what do you think of Toad's stuff so far? I'd have expected you to fight back in some way by now.
I'm actively withholding judgement on Toades. My first reaction was to ignore my read on Koshi and chainsaw Toades, but that would have been only based on him voting for prplhz. That´s not necessarily a scum trait, just reading prplhz wrong.

Show nested quote +
On July 07 2014 23:44 Koshi wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:43 iamperfection wrote:
On July 07 2014 23:42 IAmRobik wrote:
If IAmP gets mislynched this game, I'm going to flame each and every one of you in post game. He's the broiest bro of all bros

ive only been mislynched once. it doesn't happen

##vote: iamperfection

Based on the fact it won't happen that we mislynch iamp.
Koshi, you have to own up on your vote for iamperfection and post it in the voting thread, it doesn´t count otherwise.


On July 08 2014 00:21 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2014 00:14 prplhz wrote:
@Forumite Explain your meta read on me that makes you 99% sure.
I have a long career of mislynching you after a weak scumread leads me to tunnel and ruin it for town. Since then I interpret weak scumreads on you as strong signs of townieness.


Idk, shouldn't he be townreading Toad based on what he said?
Or where does he draw the line between a weak scumread on prpl and strong one when it comes to Toad?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 16:24 GMT
#317
The way VE entered the thread kinda gives me the feeling he already wanted to call me scum before he read all that stuff.

One point that makes me think of that is that first he called me scummy for reacting poorly to forumite calling me out.
When he realized he actually didn't call me out, he called me scummy for reacting to him in the first place.
It just doesn't make sense that I should react only to guys talking about me, so it just looks like an adjustment after his previous point was made invalid.

His arguments for my reaction being poor were:
And look at how he frames it - he's calling the guy mafia in a way that reeks of trying to identify with the crowd. "You're clearly not in the same frame of mind as me and these other guys who are town"


Which is a perfectly fine argument in line with mafia not looking at the game the same way a townie does.
All the way not considering that forumite's preference for Koshi over me or anyone else talking about random stuff has no explanation.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 16:26 GMT
#319
What's the deal with those kush votes?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 16:36 GMT
#322
On July 08 2014 01:27 kushm4sta wrote:
Show nested quote +
And look at how he frames it - he's calling the guy mafia in a way that reeks of trying to identify with the crowd. "You're clearly not in the same frame of mind as me and these other guys who are town"


also this thought is usually too in depth for mafia isn't it?


The depth of mafia arguments is up to their creativity, and I wouldn't put it past VE to be creative.
Besides, he says my intention was to identify with a town crowd, when my intention was to show why forum could be scum.
As said, it looks to me like he was just trying to find scum motives behind my play at any cost.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 16:37 GMT
#323
Can Cav, Robik and VE explain what about kush's post makes him instascum?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 16:56 GMT
#350

I mentioned the exact same thing and Koshi responded to it. Seeing as you agree, can you call me town? I like being called town.


The day I call somebody town just for saying the same thing as me is the day I lose to mafia.
Are you applying that reasoning to me to townread me or what? Since you're expecting me to do such a thing.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 16:57 GMT
#352
##Shoot Corazon
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 16:59 GMT
#356
You know I'm jk
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 17:05 GMT
#363
Yea kush stop being an ass and read your PM if you haven't.

Does somebody else want to chime in onto VE and forumite, who fucked off x2 or am I fighting a lonely fight?

Robik, did you already forget that kush claiming to not have read his PM has happened in the recent past and I don't recall you going instalynch on him?

I did though cause he wasn't trying to solve the game, initially, but I wouldn't get that notion just from his first post.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 21:47 GMT
#568
Forumite wrote:
He also accused me of calling Toades scum, which I´m fairly sure I never did


Koshi, where did you accuse him of calling Toad scum, I can't find such a thing.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 21:58 GMT
#570
Robik, your case on SlOosh is fully focused on the timing on his post and not the content. If you wanna prove he's mafia, show me how his content can't come from town, cause I have understanding for the part where he claims that asking prplhz for reads didn't make much sense, however he doesn't consider that Forum had scumread Koshi previously (but not Toad) in his second part of the case (sloosh's case).

I can't tell if that's sloppy reasoning or scummy reasoning though, can you?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 22:04 GMT
#573
Then I don't see where Forumite called Toad scum, cause that's when I went to search for Koshi accusing him of that.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 22:17 GMT
#579
The reasons forumite used for scumreading Koshi are just so bad.
Spamming, ruining the thread.

But when I look at the games he played, they aren't many, but he's been around this forum longer than I have, I think, so I wouldn't expect him to apply such reasoning.


On his earlier posts, I have changed my mind. I understand that the early game can be dull and those posts at least gets things going. I still lean heavily towards scum on Koshi, he drew those riddle posts for a few too many pages and has since done a few things that I feel are off when pushing me.


He's still so focused on the riddle stuff but now draws a line between early and middle game, I'd much rather hear what he found off about Koshi pushing him than rehashing that he didn't like the unserious posts.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 22:18 GMT
#581
Forget reading slam, he's vig food.
He's like main carry for mafia when he doesn't get vigged though, cause nobody cba to try and read something into his shit.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 22:20 GMT
#582
On July 08 2014 07:18 prplhz wrote:
i've come to the conclusion that it's unlikely that forumite would make an early 99% read as scum and then provide such qustionable reasoning for it

so maybe sloosh is scum

##Vote slOosh


Why? Cause he didn't reach your same conclusion?
Am I scum too?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
July 07 2014 22:28 GMT
#584
Convince me that he's scummy-wrong then.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta0
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10200
Artosis 626
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
Doublelift5059
JimRising 181
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4293
Other Games
summit1g8779
FrodaN2348
Liquid`RaSZi2060
C9.Mang0298
Livibee194
ToD179
Pyrionflax109
Maynarde103
ArmadaUGS48
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• musti20045 40
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Scarra687
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.