• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:09
CEST 02:09
KST 09:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7257 users

[N][M] Normal Ass Normal Game - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:25 GMT
#516
Can you read my post on thrawn? I think he's quite scummy, although Kush seems to disagree. Koshi and others decided it wasn't worth their time to bother reading it which is a really strange way to play a game of mafia if you are town. I think Kush is actually towny for reading it and commenting on it, among other things that he has done.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:41 GMT
#519
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:47 GMT
#522
On April 17 2014 04:43 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:25 OneThousandWords wrote:
Thrawn's main contributions this game:

On April 16 2014 15:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
lets lynch mderg

On April 16 2014 16:20 thrawn2112 wrote:
No. He made a huge post that doesn't contribute anything. He didn't say a single thing that is relevant to the lynch. It's even worse than no scumreads, there are no reads of any kind. He argued his points without giving any indication that he was forming reads based off of the things he was arguing against.



This is his first contribution into the thread other than the non-sensical replies to longer posts earlier in his filter and it's just piggybacking off a post that I made earlier in the thread here. This is a relatively easy thing to do as mafia because:

A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

Now, on it's own I know this is not enough, however, thrawn's behaviour is not your typical town behaviour! He flits from one lynch to the next with little explanation. He practically wants to lynch half the game!

I've mentioned Mderg before.

Here he wants to lynch Kush. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 17:53 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 17:36 Koshi wrote:
I am pretty meh on Kush atm.
Very meh.


same for me. becasue of this post

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 04:48 kushm4sta wrote:
T-5 hours until you both realize each other are town (regardless of if you are or not)



He wants to lynch ME which is somewhat of a kick in the teeth seeing as he is the one that is sheeping MY point of view on mderg. What could be the reason for this? Is he not reading what i've written? Nope. It's something about skan and nothing about the actual player that he got his read from. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 19:26 thrawn2112 wrote:
100words is probably my 2nd lynch choice. i almost voted for him instead of that other guy. what stood out to me is how his main talking point was skan's claim and how pointless it was to talk about the claim yet he did nothing but talk about the claim

koshi i'll fully read and respond to that meta when i wake up. too tired/tipsy for that right now. but i did skim one of the links and I notice that he likes to argue about stuff without thinking about alignments. so my preliminary answer to you question is yes, the meta does sorta make me uncertain about lnyching him.



He wants to policy lynch an AFK player who is talking about nonsense (Alakaslam).

He wants to also look into OE who he also says is scummy before even looking into him. This is not what I expect a typical person to do. Usually it's:

I'll look into a player ----> Here is why he is scummy.

Thrawn's view is.

This is a somewhat scummy player ----> Going to go look into him after I've already made my decision about whether he is scummy or not!


In conclusion thrawn is a person who, while talking a lot, seems to be a person of fleeting wishes. He is keen to hop onto anyone he can push a lynch onto. He hasn't "read the thread" and pushes others reads as his own. He calls the person he got his case for on his vote choice scum based on early conversation in a time where nothing was happening.



##Vote Thrawn2112

I'll address your points in order.
A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

Yes, what thrawn did was a good way to appear like he was contributing. However, everything he said in that quote was absolutely true. mderg's post was useless and served no purpose. I wouldn't hold this point against thrawn.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

IF? Why are you speaking in hypotheticals? It wasn't worded differently, so why are you bringing up a scenario in which it would be? This is an exercise in pointlessness.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

What does this have to do with anything? If other people didn't read it, how does it make thrawn look more guilty?

In sum, your case is awful and you look far worse for having made it.


This post is a fruitless attempt to discredit the substance of the original post. I had already brought up mderg's post having no conclusions previously in the thread and so when someone returns to the thread after having ONLY responded with one or two word jokes before and their only contribution is something that I had already mentioned then what benefit have they brought to the table? What extra information is provided. None whatsoever. You answer points A, B and C with points that have no relevance without the context of the rest of the post.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:50 GMT
#525
On April 17 2014 04:45 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:41 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?


Any preferences? Which ones you disagree with? Why so unspecific?


Why do I have to be specific? You replaced a player who has said nothing but spam in the thread so I'd like to know why you think what you do so I can see if what you think aligns with what has happened so far, rather than it being a random list of names with no factual basis.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:54 GMT
#529
On April 17 2014 04:50 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:47 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:43 FirmTofu wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:25 OneThousandWords wrote:
Thrawn's main contributions this game:

On April 16 2014 15:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
lets lynch mderg

On April 16 2014 16:20 thrawn2112 wrote:
No. He made a huge post that doesn't contribute anything. He didn't say a single thing that is relevant to the lynch. It's even worse than no scumreads, there are no reads of any kind. He argued his points without giving any indication that he was forming reads based off of the things he was arguing against.



This is his first contribution into the thread other than the non-sensical replies to longer posts earlier in his filter and it's just piggybacking off a post that I made earlier in the thread here. This is a relatively easy thing to do as mafia because:

A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

Now, on it's own I know this is not enough, however, thrawn's behaviour is not your typical town behaviour! He flits from one lynch to the next with little explanation. He practically wants to lynch half the game!

I've mentioned Mderg before.

Here he wants to lynch Kush. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 17:53 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 17:36 Koshi wrote:
I am pretty meh on Kush atm.
Very meh.


same for me. becasue of this post

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 04:48 kushm4sta wrote:
T-5 hours until you both realize each other are town (regardless of if you are or not)



He wants to lynch ME which is somewhat of a kick in the teeth seeing as he is the one that is sheeping MY point of view on mderg. What could be the reason for this? Is he not reading what i've written? Nope. It's something about skan and nothing about the actual player that he got his read from. + Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 19:26 thrawn2112 wrote:
100words is probably my 2nd lynch choice. i almost voted for him instead of that other guy. what stood out to me is how his main talking point was skan's claim and how pointless it was to talk about the claim yet he did nothing but talk about the claim

koshi i'll fully read and respond to that meta when i wake up. too tired/tipsy for that right now. but i did skim one of the links and I notice that he likes to argue about stuff without thinking about alignments. so my preliminary answer to you question is yes, the meta does sorta make me uncertain about lnyching him.



He wants to policy lynch an AFK player who is talking about nonsense (Alakaslam).

He wants to also look into OE who he also says is scummy before even looking into him. This is not what I expect a typical person to do. Usually it's:

I'll look into a player ----> Here is why he is scummy.

Thrawn's view is.

This is a somewhat scummy player ----> Going to go look into him after I've already made my decision about whether he is scummy or not!


In conclusion thrawn is a person who, while talking a lot, seems to be a person of fleeting wishes. He is keen to hop onto anyone he can push a lynch onto. He hasn't "read the thread" and pushes others reads as his own. He calls the person he got his case for on his vote choice scum based on early conversation in a time where nothing was happening.



##Vote Thrawn2112

I'll address your points in order.
A) It lets people appear to be contributing.

Yes, what thrawn did was a good way to appear like he was contributing. However, everything he said in that quote was absolutely true. mderg's post was useless and served no purpose. I wouldn't hold this point against thrawn.

B) If worded differently but similar it enables people to pocket the other people that made the original case because they have seemingly similar reads.

IF? Why are you speaking in hypotheticals? It wasn't worded differently, so why are you bringing up a scenario in which it would be? This is an exercise in pointlessness.

C) To the people that didn't read it they are fooled into believing it is original content.

What does this have to do with anything? If other people didn't read it, how does it make thrawn look more guilty?

In sum, your case is awful and you look far worse for having made it.


This post is a fruitless attempt to discredit the substance of the original post. I had already brought up mderg's post having no conclusions previously in the thread and so when someone returns to the thread after having ONLY responded with one or two word jokes before and their only contribution is something that I had already mentioned then what benefit have they brought to the table? What extra information is provided. None whatsoever. You answer points A, B and C with points that have no relevance without the context of the rest of the post.

There is no context of the rest of the post. I've read the entire thing and none of it makes any sense to me. Feel free to explain if you can.

A mafia's objective is to blend into town and the best way to do that is contribute. When you are mafia it is harder to contribute because psychologically you know all the alignments and it becomes harder to point out things that are scummy. That is why it is a standard mafia tactic to mimic what other people have said previously in the thread. This feigns contribution and makes themselves look good because people seemingly forget what other people had said previously.

Thrawn does this with me and mderg. I write about mderg's first post having no conclusions and he mimics it but the caveat is that he calls me scum without actually referencing my contributions, in fact, he ignores them entirely.

Furthermore, everytime someone knew is brought up he calls them scummy eving going so far as to call someone scummy before reading them!
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:55 GMT
#530
On April 17 2014 04:52 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:50 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:45 Vivax wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:41 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?


Any preferences? Which ones you disagree with? Why so unspecific?


Why do I have to be specific? You replaced a player who has said nothing but spam in the thread so I'd like to know why you think what you do so I can see if what you think aligns with what has happened so far, rather than it being a random list of names with no factual basis.

Why so defensive OTW? He just asked you to pick one or two people for him to elaborate on.


I hardly see the defensive nature in that post? In fact it's quite the opposite?
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 19:59 GMT
#535
On April 17 2014 04:55 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:50 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:45 Vivax wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:41 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:39 Vivax wrote:
Current status of reads. Reasoning pending, but ask me about a specific one if you want me to explain it first:

Townies: Koshi, Djagu, Cava, thrawn, (~Kush fwiw)

Today's lynch candidates (by PoE and cause there is some stuff I don't like): FT, Omni, OTW, OO, mderg

Also HI GUYS =D . Rejoice that you got me and not that crazy grush fac-simile


Can you elaborate on these....?


Any preferences? Which ones you disagree with? Why so unspecific?


Why do I have to be specific? You replaced a player who has said nothing but spam in the thread so I'd like to know why you think what you do so I can see if what you think aligns with what has happened so far, rather than it being a random list of names with no factual basis.


Yeah but you got to have scumreads, right? Townreads? You see the post with my current conclusions about the game and prefer to see me talking about anything I want rather than adjusting your request to your own preferences. Why is that?


because they don't align with mine (and i've made it clear in the thread why) and I want to know the specific reasoning, even if just a short sentence or two on each as to why you think differently to me!
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 20:06 GMT
#540
On April 17 2014 05:04 FirmTofu wrote:
@OTW
Okay, so thrawn is repeating a lot of things previously stated in thread. This is a valid point. However, I don't see this as necessarily scummy. Town players repeat points too and this is a perfectly valid one to reiterate. You'll need better points to convince me thrawn is scum.

Also, your recent responses to Vivax and I are not helping your case.


I don't mind whatever case it helps me with. It's an exercise in if he has read the thread or not. It's quite evident that I don't agree with thrawn (i've spent the past page explaining it) and I'm not tooo sure on Dja either. Which is why it's odd that he has a list like that and I don't like that it's unsubstantiated.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 21:57 GMT
#565
Oh, I won't be around for deadline, is anyone around? I'd like to talk about things so that we can get an idea of who to lynch because Kush is not a good lynch.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 22:09 GMT
#572
On April 17 2014 06:59 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 06:57 OneThousandWords wrote:
Oh, I won't be around for deadline, is anyone around? I'd like to talk about things so that we can get an idea of who to lynch because Kush is not a good lynch.


Yeah, I think you could be scum cause you post cases left and right but don't seem to have a bigger picture of the game, ie you post a lot of points about people being scum but don't seem to want to clear people. So tell me, who are your townreads?


If you think this you are not reading anything I say at all.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 22:33 GMT
#582
On April 17 2014 07:17 Vivax wrote:
Koshi, if you think Kush is scum give me a bunch of convincing reasons please. Looking through your filter I find it hard to find something that conclusively deduces from his posts that he's scum.

Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 07:09 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 06:59 Vivax wrote:
On April 17 2014 06:57 OneThousandWords wrote:
Oh, I won't be around for deadline, is anyone around? I'd like to talk about things so that we can get an idea of who to lynch because Kush is not a good lynch.


Yeah, I think you could be scum cause you post cases left and right but don't seem to have a bigger picture of the game, ie you post a lot of points about people being scum but don't seem to want to clear people. So tell me, who are your townreads?


If you think this you are not reading anything I say at all.


Please, just your current townreads besides the one on the vigi claim. I don't want a shitfight you're attempting to start.


What do you mean a shit fight? You've accused me of being scum and don't expect a retort? I've only been pointing out things that seem suspicious or scummy to me and drawing attention to them and trying to discuss them with people. It's people like koshi that completely shut them down with the reason "i'm not going to read anything about my town reads".

I don't have many town reads really just the people that have interacted like I think a towny would:

Kush, Cav to an extent (although I'm slightly aprehensive), I also like Omni despite what people have said (he's posted what he's been thinking and no sane scum would try and call a claimed vig scum IMO)
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 22:37 GMT
#585
On April 17 2014 07:33 OneThousandWords wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 07:17 Vivax wrote:
Koshi, if you think Kush is scum give me a bunch of convincing reasons please. Looking through your filter I find it hard to find something that conclusively deduces from his posts that he's scum.

On April 17 2014 07:09 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 06:59 Vivax wrote:
On April 17 2014 06:57 OneThousandWords wrote:
Oh, I won't be around for deadline, is anyone around? I'd like to talk about things so that we can get an idea of who to lynch because Kush is not a good lynch.


Yeah, I think you could be scum cause you post cases left and right but don't seem to have a bigger picture of the game, ie you post a lot of points about people being scum but don't seem to want to clear people. So tell me, who are your townreads?


If you think this you are not reading anything I say at all.


Please, just your current townreads besides the one on the vigi claim. I don't want a shitfight you're attempting to start.


What do you mean a shit fight? You've accused me of being scum and don't expect a retort? I've only been pointing out things that seem suspicious or scummy to me and drawing attention to them and trying to discuss them with people. It's people like koshi that completely shut them down with the reason "i'm not going to read anything about my town reads".

I don't have many town reads really just the people that have interacted like I think a towny would:

Kush, Cav to an extent (although I'm slightly aprehensive), I also like Omni despite what people have said (he's posted what he's been thinking and no sane scum would try and call a claimed vig scum IMO)


Actually going to retract my Cav town read
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 22:51 GMT
#590
On April 17 2014 07:41 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 07:33 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 07:17 Vivax wrote:
Koshi, if you think Kush is scum give me a bunch of convincing reasons please. Looking through your filter I find it hard to find something that conclusively deduces from his posts that he's scum.

On April 17 2014 07:09 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 06:59 Vivax wrote:
On April 17 2014 06:57 OneThousandWords wrote:
Oh, I won't be around for deadline, is anyone around? I'd like to talk about things so that we can get an idea of who to lynch because Kush is not a good lynch.


Yeah, I think you could be scum cause you post cases left and right but don't seem to have a bigger picture of the game, ie you post a lot of points about people being scum but don't seem to want to clear people. So tell me, who are your townreads?


If you think this you are not reading anything I say at all.


Please, just your current townreads besides the one on the vigi claim. I don't want a shitfight you're attempting to start.


What do you mean a shit fight? You've accused me of being scum and don't expect a retort? I've only been pointing out things that seem suspicious or scummy to me and drawing attention to them and trying to discuss them with people. It's people like koshi that completely shut them down with the reason "i'm not going to read anything about my town reads".

I don't have many town reads really just the people that have interacted like I think a towny would:

Kush, Cav to an extent (although I'm slightly aprehensive), I also like Omni despite what people have said (he's posted what he's been thinking and no sane scum would try and call a claimed vig scum IMO)


Do you think Koshi is scummy for skipping over your points about his townreads?

Do you think that what Omni has been thinking in the post Koshi brought up looks particularly townie?

What are your reasons for townreading Cav and Kush?


1. Yes. He's saying that he's happy when he finds townies just like finding mafia and then does a big wall of text quoting things that thrawn has done that make him apparently towny but then I reply just 2 posts down with almost the same posts quoted which show that they in fact make him scummy he completely just ignores the entire post. He's not interested in solving things or listening to opinions of others even if they could be insightful. I was not sure whether it was arrogance or scummy but I think someone (Kush?) mentioned something earlier that made me decide it was scummy.

I found the quote:

On April 17 2014 02:50 kushm4sta wrote:
koshi you don't care about what your top scumread is saying??? ok... that is dumb or scum.

##vote cavalinho


Throughout kush's filter he says that koshi seems different, and then this quote somewhat justified my assumption.


2. Koshi asked for YOUR response not mine. I do have an opinion that I'll share once you're done.

3. I've gone off of cav a little after I re-read his filter. He calls me out (something you also did) for scum reading him based on two or three posts (even if he said he liked it in a towny way) but then DIRECTLY after that votes Tofu based on two or three posts. I've put my thoughts out previously in response to Kush's case on Cav though and I rememberd them after I hit send.

Kush is just.. talking when nobody else is, having conversations, getting reads from people and saying things that just make sense. He isn't jumping on top of people as scum reads and is in fact defending people when people are saying wrong things which I see as towny because he isn't being opportunistic.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 22:56 GMT
#593
On April 17 2014 07:55 thrawn2112 wrote:
OTW are you a smurf? I don't need to know who. Just tell me if you are. And tell me if you've played with me before.


I've already said no, I was invited here by a friend to play.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 22:59 GMT
#596
On April 17 2014 07:58 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 07:56 OneThousandWords wrote:
On April 17 2014 07:55 thrawn2112 wrote:
OTW are you a smurf? I don't need to know who. Just tell me if you are. And tell me if you've played with me before.


I've already said no, I was invited here by a friend to play.


How's the weather on the barbados?
Rainy with chance of turtles?


A little bit cloudy but still warm!
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 23:00 GMT
#598
On April 17 2014 07:59 Koshi wrote:
OneThousandWords,

I didn't comment on the thrawn post because I got thrawn as town but I was ok with your case. I don't agree that thrawn is scum but there is nothing wrong with your case. So I don't post anything.
What do you want me to say? It is obvious I don't agree with you on thrawn.

Anyway. You shouldn't be on chopping block today as well I guess. As you are contributing.


I am voting Omni.


Can you write a quick summary of why because I thought he looked towny.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 23:28 GMT
#610
On April 17 2014 08:22 Koshi wrote:
Omni is probably a good lynch. Maybe FT as well.


I can get behind a Tofu lynch! I didn't like his niggling responses to me questioning vivax and he voted me for my thrawn case but then when I wrote exactly what was in the case to him after that he said "oh yeh I checked and that's true" but then left his vote on me.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 23:30 GMT
#611
On April 17 2014 08:27 Vivax wrote:
Kush still waiting for you to answer my question, please. What was that supposed to mean about OTW.

I could roll with an Omni lynch unless he pops in here and shines townie when clarifying the intent behind those posts, but OTW somewhat still rubs me the wrong way with his answers.

I don't even know why I my opinion on that post is a condition to you giving yours, it's like I have to pull the stuff out of your mouth cause you're angry or something. Or do you have a scumread on me or what is wrong with you? Can't you just answer a question like a normal human being?


A player specifically asks another player for a read on a post, that player in question then asks ME for that read rather than responding himself. Do you not see how silly that would be for me to do? What if the player in question was trying to form a read based on your response, I've posted a lot in the thread while you have not so why would I not want to let myself and others hear responses from you?
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 23:45 GMT
#616
On April 17 2014 07:39 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 03:57 OmniEulogy wrote:
I'm not even tunneling you. If I thought you were scum I'd vote for you. Are you scummy to me? yes.

This entire conversation happened because Koshi was asking me questions about you though so the idea that I'm tunneling you because I'm answering Koshi's questions is pretty amusing. It's on page 12 by the way, not even that long ago.

So far you've made an association case and then asked everybody else for something you failed to answer yourself because you've only played one game. Oh and blatantly lied about your town meta in that same post and proceeded to answer that accusation from OTW by telling him to read a book...

You just don't strike me as doing anything beneficial for any reason for town right now.

Koshi seems lost in half his questions/posts.
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 15 2014 18:03 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2014 18:00 OmniEulogy wrote:
yo man I'm all about that nova war random tangent video, how can you not enjoy this flavor. Also no, I'm not really concerned if Koshi is town right now. Town objective is not to find other townies it's to find scum. Finding townies is just a bi-product of catching the scum or do you spend all your time trying to identify town in mafia and I've been learning to do things backwards?

Are you scumslipping I am town or am I not reading this propperly?


+ Show Spoiler +
On April 15 2014 21:35 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2014 21:28 kushm4sta wrote:
K I read the newest stuff.
Inb4 getript tries to ban skanjab.

Also Kochi you are talking alot without content. Does that not mean you are scum by your own self meta?

No. I don't self meta. I don't know where you read me self metaing.
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2014 21:29 kushm4sta wrote:
Koshi, true or false?
Skans claim almost never is coming from scum.

I don't care. It is probably unlikely but there was so much wrong with that post. I want to know why he made it in 24 hours.


^ scumhunting so hard he ignores likely town behavior and calls him scum. I can really feel how much you care about who is scum and who is town Koshi.
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 15 2014 18:07 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2014 18:04 OmniEulogy wrote:
On April 15 2014 18:03 Koshi wrote:
On April 15 2014 18:00 OmniEulogy wrote:
yo man I'm all about that nova war random tangent video, how can you not enjoy this flavor. Also no, I'm not really concerned if Koshi is town right now. Town objective is not to find other townies it's to find scum. Finding townies is just a bi-product of catching the scum or do you spend all your time trying to identify town in mafia and I've been learning to do things backwards?

Are you scumslipping I am town or am I not reading this propperly?


not reading it properly.

All right then. I prefer to work with PoE. If I can find obvious town I am as happy as when I find possible mafia.

especially after that. Ignore signs to go to the much less likely option to call somebody scum.
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 15 2014 20:19 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2014 20:15 Skanjab1s wrote:
On April 15 2014 19:56 Koshi wrote:
You don't think he is scum?


No, I don't, he's a townie through and through. Do you think he's scum?

I see no reason to think he is town.


so happy you make your reasons known so you can go after other people. And yeah there's no reason to think anybody is town with their first 4~ posts as the game started. I thank you for your knowledge.

+ Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2014 03:26 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 03:16 OmniEulogy wrote:
On April 16 2014 03:09 Koshi wrote:
I don't understand.
The guy has literally 0 scumgames.

And you blame him for playing the newbie card on how many scumgames he played.


No, I blame him for playing it period.


Also
On April 16 2014 01:38 Koshi wrote:
You must have missed his pretty hard "I played 1 game and caught all scum" post then.

The irky feeling was the soft newbie claim?


you say it yourself. Somehow you missed it while you were typing it I guess. It has nothing to do with his amount of scum games he's played. Could be one now and it wouldn't stop him from saying he's never played as scum before.

You blame him for playing it when it suits him, a big difference. It didn't suit him at all. What is the scum motivation saying he only played 1 game before so he couldn't self meta?

And it was super casual. He dropped it because the subject about self meta was in the thread. He didn't gained anything.

Anyway, my vote is on the right person.



Scum motivation is not having to talk about how they are going to play this very game. Especially after he's already completely off the town play he said he has in that very same post. How do you not get that?

+ Show Spoiler +
On April 15 2014 23:31 OmniEulogy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2014 22:38 Djagulingu wrote:
On April 15 2014 21:42 OneThousandWords wrote:
Djagulingu, you describe your town play as:

My town play is really stalk heavy. I watch all of you. All of you, when you post, when you sleep, when you work, when you eat. I might come out of nowhere with random people to lynch for random reasons. They did come out true though.

I would define my town play as systematic instead of impulsive, I don't care about collateral damage, sharp and decisive over overly cautious.


In this game you have already called 2 people scum for supposed scum slips. Am I to assume that you have now 180° on your own meta so quickly? This doesn't look very systematic to me, it looks like the complete opposite. You jump on people and call them scum without much basis and state that you are helping the town by making a pro-town atmosphere of sophisticated discussion when, instead, you are steering people in a very specific direction on a point of view that seems entirely skewed on pushing an agenda.

You would understand if you have read Hunter Book: Wayward. But I like your sharpness. You're like Peleus in that book. This is how God45 defines Peleus:

And so I found him. The prodigal problem child. Alleyman. Peleus.

The sniper was a little resitant to my ideas. That's understandable. I was actually pleased that he didn't take to them so quickly. Enlightenment shouldn't come immediately. It took me a long time to discover the truth. We can't all be Paul on the road to Damascus.

He had the methods down. He's messy and he leaves too much of himself behind, but he's efficient. His numbers are great. And I appreciate his attitude toward others of our kind. He won't tolerate their whiny, backstabbing bullshit. Their opinions are threefold- they can help, they can get out of the way or they try to find their way out of a body bag. He doesn't know the words for it yet, but somewhere in there he knows that if you're not curing the cancer, you are the cancer. There's no in between.


unless you are roleplaying as somebody in your book I fail to see how it changes what he said and how this answers none of it =/

My previous mention of it Koshi and OTW's post which Djag completely blows off by telling OTW if he had read the book he'd get it.


sorry kush <3 I feel that last point is pretty important though.

Vivax. Your opinion on this post?


I'll share my opinion now. I kind of like this post, it calls out a lot of the things that I had been saying but adds to them. I had called out Dja for his meta read of himself that he seemed to betray and dja had only responded with a quote from a book. That is not the response that I would have expected and it seems like Omni mirrored this in his thoughts.

I think he's fundamentaly flawed in how he's been taught mafia though and that's where the problem therein lies. He has been taught to just find scum whereas you have been taught that you should find town and scum at the same time because that makes the job easier. It's not a scum slip as you mentioned but rather a clash of two philosophies IMO and thus the rest of his post came to fruition.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
OneThousandWords
Profile Joined April 2014
Barbados123 Posts
April 16 2014 23:54 GMT
#619
On April 17 2014 08:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
ok, he does call koshi scum at the top.

but the problem is that the amount of effort need to write that post is disporportionate to how strongly OE felt about his koshi read. if someone makes that kind of post against koshi I expect them to push koshi, not ignore him the rest of the game


Well I'm not going to speak for him so I don't know his motivation for it, it looks like he's a bit angry with Koshi if anything. I kind of have to go out now and won't be back before deadline.
Pictures speak a thousand words!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 229
SpeCial 121
ViBE93
Nathanias 76
ProTech16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11969
Rain 1364
GuemChi 881
Artosis 636
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever357
Counter-Strike
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox774
Mew2King105
Other Games
summit1g6413
Liquid`RaSZi2148
shahzam644
WinterStarcraft412
JimRising 392
C9.Mang0338
Trikslyr54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta10
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Heroes of the Storm
• SuperDab0
Other Games
• Shiphtur148
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 52m
INu's Battles
10h 52m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 52m
OSC
22h 7m
Replay Cast
22h 52m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.