• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8505 users

Catastrophe Mafia - Page 214

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 212 213 214 215 216 317 Next
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 08 2014 21:09 GMT
#4261
Sandroba I get your English post now.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 08 2014 21:12 GMT
#4262
On April 04 2014 23:21 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 22:13 iamperfection wrote:
Balla might be scum. His random lynch idea is whatever but he didn't take any time to try and convince anyone to do it more talking about fairness and what not. Seems like he just suggested it for appearances.


I don't like this post from iamp. Suggesting that Balla was trying to look good for suggesting a random lynch is ridiculous. In what world does Ball enter the thread, decide that he needs to do something that is going to make him look townie, and then the best plan is can come up with is voting paper for no reason remotely related to the the thread? That's his suggestion for appearance?

I don't have the same issue that Foolishness does with the 1-liners, but the posts that he have made don't do anything. I'm willing to lynch him today.

##Vote iamperfection

I take back my town read on Amiko. He has focused on two topics this game: paper's backwards writing and robik's immunity claim. When I point out that the self imposed post restriction is just as likely to be a town action, he doesn't attempt to convince me otherwise or really state his opinion of the matter at all, even though it is his only reason for the vote as far as I can tell.

Hope has a 2 page filter and hasn't even commented on any events this game. He looks bad even for his standards.

Killing has focused on a single player. Doesn't appear to be figuring things out.

I'm still waiting on syllo and Keirathi to do something of note.

I don't have the same problem with poofter and Koshi anymore so I won't bring them up. The "I might shoot mafia, but that isn't alignment indicative comment" sounds townie to me, even if it probably shouldn't. Waiting on Koshi for role reasons.

This post has been forgotten. Don't forget it again. Maybe it's just as easy as killing Amiko, JAT and a few others but this is a really good post so read it again for the first time.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2014 21:13 GMT
#4263
On April 09 2014 06:03 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 05:45 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 09 2014 05:39 Koshi wrote:
Somewhere I also trust geript tbh. But hmmmmmmmm.
Where are the scummers?


JAT got his orders though.

Pro tip: If you are unsure who the scummers are - try to find them by reading filters etc. and don't only rely on role usage. Don't just be lazy and kill 3p or you deserve to lose.

so bitter.

Yes.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2014 21:14 GMT
#4264
On April 09 2014 06:06 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2014 09:51 kitaman27 wrote:
On April 04 2014 09:38 sandroba wrote:
I'm town. I'd like some non bullshit reads or insights on syllo, marv and holyflare.


Aren't you the resident syllo expert?

Based on my experience, syllo feels uncomfortable posting actively as mafia. He hasn't been very open with reads so far so I think he looks the worst of the three. Usually I'm convinced he is town a few minutes into the game and that hasn't happened yet.

With marv, I liked his defense of LSB because he seems like an easy target based on his poor filter and he indeed does often look terrible. His post to reads ratio is good enough for me that he seems town for the time being. Eventually I'm going to want to see some stronger reads/follow-up though.

Holy maybe has a cool role? Takes the same view as I do on paper. No strong read yet.

Just to point out. I'm not going to bother filtering Marv right now to see his defense of LSB.

Marv did not defend LSB. He wanted him killed.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 08 2014 21:15 GMT
#4265
On April 05 2014 02:09 kitaman27 wrote:
Are you aware of the identify of the players in your qt? In the past, GreYMisT has created roles where mafia provides input on the shot and tries to influence town to use kp in a certain way aka the igrok role from personality 2. If you guys have multiple shots, I doubt that all of them are town.

Also, to the townies in the group, I would take the shot before the mafia has the opportunity.

This too people. Scum like to get townread for shooting bad town. They're also happy to influence to to shoot bad town.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
April 08 2014 21:18 GMT
#4266
Like somewhere JAT should kill Killing and not geript.
I had a good night of sleep.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 08 2014 21:18 GMT
#4267
On April 09 2014 06:07 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 06:03 austinmcc wrote:
And I really don't think that "he doesn't even know what the majority of it is used for" points in ANY direction. Like...that's irrelevant to alignment, imo.

"Hey guys I used my role so I'm super town and it did super town stuff and now I'm super town kkkk. Also I don't know what a majority of my role is good for. It might be good for mafia! I dunno. But it's townie and I'm townie yum yum."

If you don't know what your role really does, when it's useful, what it's useful for, AND YOU'RE BEING TRUTHFUL about your role, then how in the world can you argue that your role is townie and it's use is townie. You're claiming both to not know exactly what it does AND know that what you're doing is townie townie.

What he did is not the main function of his role. His role has another function. Anyway. Maybe he lied. You're right. But I think he was being sincere in our conversation
There's a whole chain of questionable crap there then.

Base level - maybe he lies
Next level - he doesn't know what he does
Next level - he argues that he's town for doing one town favored thing as part of his role

If you trust he wasn't lying about his role, that's fine fine. But if he sincerely DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE REALLY DOES OR WHY IT'S GOOD, then it is difficult for me to go "Oh that's great, makes perfect sense he'd argue he's town based on his role." Because IF he's been 100% truthful, he doesn't actually KNOW if he's town-favored apparently. And if he's NOT being truthful, that's just a problem in and of itself.

Like...sincerely not knowing what you do or why it's useful is incompatible with "I did this thing with my role and it is townie so my role is townie so I'm town." Add that to his defense-ish of HF, no bueno.

For instance. You are Robik. How do you feel about that HF defense post? HF probably town because he wouldn't do this anti-town thing as mafia.
Fe fi fo fum.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
April 08 2014 21:20 GMT
#4268
On April 09 2014 06:13 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 06:03 Koshi wrote:
On April 09 2014 05:45 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 09 2014 05:39 Koshi wrote:
Somewhere I also trust geript tbh. But hmmmmmmmm.
Where are the scummers?


JAT got his orders though.

Pro tip: If you are unsure who the scummers are - try to find them by reading filters etc. and don't only rely on role usage. Don't just be lazy and kill 3p or you deserve to lose.

so bitter.

Yes.

I know sandroba said geript and probably you should shoot geript but maybe you can ask him if you can kill Killing. Just nobody else than that
I had a good night of sleep.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 08 2014 21:20 GMT
#4269
On April 09 2014 06:18 Koshi wrote:
Like somewhere JAT should kill Killing and not geript.

JAT shouldn't be allowed to use his power.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
April 08 2014 21:20 GMT
#4270
Nobody kill Koshi plssssssssss
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
April 08 2014 21:21 GMT
#4271
On April 09 2014 06:20 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 06:18 Koshi wrote:
Like somewhere JAT should kill Killing and not geript.

JAT shouldn't be allowed to use his power.

if it is nk. Why not use on, scummers?
I had a good night of sleep.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 08 2014 21:22 GMT
#4272
Robik, just more general. Who cares about roles and whatnot. Does Killing's posting read town/mafia, and por que?
Fe fi fo fum.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
April 08 2014 21:22 GMT
#4273
I don't know what the chaos counter stuff does either, and I'm town.

I don't see it as that out of the question~
A backwards poet writes inverse.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2014 21:24 GMT
#4274
On April 09 2014 06:20 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 06:18 Koshi wrote:
Like somewhere JAT should kill Killing and not geript.

JAT shouldn't be allowed to use his power.

Interesting. Why? And how will you stop me from it?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 08 2014 21:24 GMT
#4275
On April 09 2014 06:21 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 06:20 geript wrote:
On April 09 2014 06:18 Koshi wrote:
Like somewhere JAT should kill Killing and not geript.

JAT shouldn't be allowed to use his power.

if it is nk. Why not use on, scummers?

He's not town. There's no reason to expect him to use it in a manner that's in any way favorable to us. He will only and solely use it to further his own purposes. There's zero reason to trust him whatsoever.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 08 2014 21:25 GMT
#4276
On April 09 2014 06:22 Dandel Ion wrote:
I don't know what the chaos counter stuff does either, and I'm town.

I don't see it as that out of the question~
It's not. Not knowing =/= not town.

Now knowing = unable to legitimately argue "I did this thing therefore my role is town and I'm town."


Fe fi fo fum.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
April 08 2014 21:25 GMT
#4277
On April 09 2014 06:18 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 06:07 IAmRobik wrote:
On April 09 2014 06:03 austinmcc wrote:
And I really don't think that "he doesn't even know what the majority of it is used for" points in ANY direction. Like...that's irrelevant to alignment, imo.

"Hey guys I used my role so I'm super town and it did super town stuff and now I'm super town kkkk. Also I don't know what a majority of my role is good for. It might be good for mafia! I dunno. But it's townie and I'm townie yum yum."

If you don't know what your role really does, when it's useful, what it's useful for, AND YOU'RE BEING TRUTHFUL about your role, then how in the world can you argue that your role is townie and it's use is townie. You're claiming both to not know exactly what it does AND know that what you're doing is townie townie.

What he did is not the main function of his role. His role has another function. Anyway. Maybe he lied. You're right. But I think he was being sincere in our conversation
There's a whole chain of questionable crap there then.

Base level - maybe he lies
Next level - he doesn't know what he does
Next level - he argues that he's town for doing one town favored thing as part of his role

If you trust he wasn't lying about his role, that's fine fine. But if he sincerely DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE REALLY DOES OR WHY IT'S GOOD, then it is difficult for me to go "Oh that's great, makes perfect sense he'd argue he's town based on his role." Because IF he's been 100% truthful, he doesn't actually KNOW if he's town-favored apparently. And if he's NOT being truthful, that's just a problem in and of itself.

Like...sincerely not knowing what you do or why it's useful is incompatible with "I did this thing with my role and it is townie so my role is townie so I'm town." Add that to his defense-ish of HF, no bueno.

For instance. You are Robik. How do you feel about that HF defense post? HF probably town because he wouldn't do this anti-town thing as mafia.

I'm pretty sure you can know you're town and still not know what the nature of your role abilities are. Like, if he made up the part that he "doesn't know" then he's a complete nutjob and has a fascinating imagination and I'm just gonna defriend him, cause he might just be a fucking crazy person that will try to find me and kill me IRL.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2014 21:26 GMT
#4278
If people want me to shoot someone they better give me a clear target before deadline. Preferably sandroba is the one giving that order. And you also better promise not to lynch me if I really do so.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
April 08 2014 21:26 GMT
#4279
On April 09 2014 06:24 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 06:21 Koshi wrote:
On April 09 2014 06:20 geript wrote:
On April 09 2014 06:18 Koshi wrote:
Like somewhere JAT should kill Killing and not geript.

JAT shouldn't be allowed to use his power.

if it is nk. Why not use on, scummers?

He's not town. There's no reason to expect him to use it in a manner that's in any way favorable to us. He will only and solely use it to further his own purposes. There's zero reason to trust him whatsoever.

Maybe he wants to become an esteemed minion? His wincon is to get to endgame obviously and his targets ded. If he is lynched tomorrow he can't get to endgame.

I also promise to JAT that I will lynch him if he doesn't kill scummer tonight.

Sorry.
I had a good night of sleep.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
April 08 2014 21:26 GMT
#4280
On April 09 2014 06:24 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 06:20 geript wrote:
On April 09 2014 06:18 Koshi wrote:
Like somewhere JAT should kill Killing and not geript.

JAT shouldn't be allowed to use his power.

Interesting. Why? And how will you stop me from it?

Idk. Magic? Smoke and mirrors? Like I could just faminate you which I might even be doing. You can't really know. I can say that you not doing as I tell you will end poorly for you.
Prev 1 212 213 214 215 216 317 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 621
White-Ra 124
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever556
NeuroSwarm162
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe95
PPMD72
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8549
Liquid`Hasu1227
Trikslyr105
Other Games
summit1g8163
shahzam608
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0268
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick642
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream322
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 129
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 25m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.