• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:36
CEST 05:36
KST 12:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11028 users

TL Mafia Plays: Diplomacy - Page 29

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 54 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
February 23 2015 20:12 GMT
#561
On February 24 2015 05:02 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 04:42 Hapahauli wrote:
Balwkekgjlakwejfaf.

I played like such an idiot this game.

Also, Hapa...dude, if you're gonna tell people different stories, then expect me to believe you, that's just amusing. Maybe Germany was worse about it than you were, but I generally don't give people who I know are bullshitting me the time of day. Also, you could do without the condescension some


...and this was pretty much it. As someone who plays primarily live-games, the communication options feel so open in an online game. The fact that I can go on Skype and theoretically talk to someone without anyone else finding out is such a "luxury." Whereas I couldn't go and grab someone to "talk outside" without the entire world instantly finding out.

So yeah, I did a lot of reaching this game. When you have those new options, you naturally want to use them as much as you can. I deviated so much from my normal style of play this game, and I could barely keep track of what I was saying to different people. My communications were largely a mess, and I was fortunate to have the position that I had (pretty much a guaranteed stalemate line between myself and France) before I ultimately had to depart.


Yeah, lol, there is no such thing as a secret. I was in close communication (or closeish) with Austria and France throughout the game...Germany fell off later, I got Turkey to talk to me a little, and I more or less left Russia alone because he was more interested in talking to Austria and insisting I shouldn't mess with their plans xP btw Xata lol you're lucky there cause I'm a really ornery person when people start the game insisting I should play it a certain way.

What I mean to say there is several times you hear things that England is saying that aren't matching up with what England is telling you. That's an immediate red flag to me not to trust you as far as I can spit. And Austria got a lot of our convos C/Pd to him which we then laughed over. Just cause it's online doesn't mean word doesn't get around ^^


By the end-game, I really wasn't that afraid to be "blatant." There was basically no risk by that point in my position, and France and I could have held forever. I regret the game ending the way it did - I would have stuck around, inputed my orders, and waited for the 5-way draw if I knew slam would leave.

Also, I do regret how I treated you this game a lot. I was a ton more condescending than I ever should have been, which aside from just being bad play, is just a bad way to treat someone. A lot of the reason was that Slam and I had planned a move order to break through your lines in Spring 1905, and I didn't think anything I said to you would matter in the long-run. Alas, Slam mis-inputted, and the game went onward.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 23 2015 20:18 GMT
#562
On February 24 2015 05:09 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 05:02 rsoultin wrote:
On February 24 2015 04:42 Hapahauli wrote:
Balwkekgjlakwejfaf.

I played like such an idiot this game.

Also, Hapa...dude, if you're gonna tell people different stories, then expect me to believe you, that's just amusing. Maybe Germany was worse about it than you were, but I generally don't give people who I know are bullshitting me the time of day. Also, you could do without the condescension some


...and this was pretty much it. As someone who plays primarily live-games, the communication options feel so open in an online game. The fact that I can go on Skype and theoretically talk to someone without anyone else finding out is such a "luxury." Whereas I couldn't go and grab someone to "talk outside" without the entire world instantly finding out.

So yeah, I did a lot of reaching this game. When you have those new options, you naturally want to use them as much as you can. I deviated so much from my normal style of play this game, and I could barely keep track of what I was saying to different people. My communications were largely a mess, and I was fortunate to have the position that I had (pretty much a guaranteed stalemate line between myself and France) before I ultimately had to depart.


Yeah, lol, there is no such thing as a secret. I was in close communication (or closeish) with Austria and France throughout the game...Germany fell off later, I got Turkey to talk to me a little, and I more or less left Russia alone because he was more interested in talking to Austria and insisting I shouldn't mess with their plans xP btw Xata lol you're lucky there cause I'm a really ornery person when people start the game insisting I should play it a certain way.

What I mean to say there is several times you hear things that England is saying that aren't matching up with what England is telling you. That's an immediate red flag to me not to trust you as far as I can spit. And Austria got a lot of our convos C/Pd to him which we then laughed over. Just cause it's online doesn't mean word doesn't get around ^^


I guess a part of the reason I didn't talk too much with you could be that I'm not too good at messaging with people who can't stand direct orders/suggestions. I heard something along those lines about you so I mostly just left it to JX


It's a tone thing. I'm military so I don't mind direct orders at all. What I do mind is being issued them when I haven't signed up for your army xP Really, the main thing was that I opened my inbox and about 3 players had already told me what my next moves should be yada yada yada and who I should or shouldn't be attacking while giving nothing in return about their own intentions. It's not the way to deal with someone as an equal. Does that make sense?

I wasn't terribly nice to JX in the beginning either lol. We had to build trust.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 23 2015 20:22 GMT
#563
On February 24 2015 05:12 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 05:02 rsoultin wrote:
On February 24 2015 04:42 Hapahauli wrote:
Balwkekgjlakwejfaf.

I played like such an idiot this game.

Also, Hapa...dude, if you're gonna tell people different stories, then expect me to believe you, that's just amusing. Maybe Germany was worse about it than you were, but I generally don't give people who I know are bullshitting me the time of day. Also, you could do without the condescension some


...and this was pretty much it. As someone who plays primarily live-games, the communication options feel so open in an online game. The fact that I can go on Skype and theoretically talk to someone without anyone else finding out is such a "luxury." Whereas I couldn't go and grab someone to "talk outside" without the entire world instantly finding out.

So yeah, I did a lot of reaching this game. When you have those new options, you naturally want to use them as much as you can. I deviated so much from my normal style of play this game, and I could barely keep track of what I was saying to different people. My communications were largely a mess, and I was fortunate to have the position that I had (pretty much a guaranteed stalemate line between myself and France) before I ultimately had to depart.


Yeah, lol, there is no such thing as a secret. I was in close communication (or closeish) with Austria and France throughout the game...Germany fell off later, I got Turkey to talk to me a little, and I more or less left Russia alone because he was more interested in talking to Austria and insisting I shouldn't mess with their plans xP btw Xata lol you're lucky there cause I'm a really ornery person when people start the game insisting I should play it a certain way.

What I mean to say there is several times you hear things that England is saying that aren't matching up with what England is telling you. That's an immediate red flag to me not to trust you as far as I can spit. And Austria got a lot of our convos C/Pd to him which we then laughed over. Just cause it's online doesn't mean word doesn't get around ^^


By the end-game, I really wasn't that afraid to be "blatant." There was basically no risk by that point in my position, and France and I could have held forever. I regret the game ending the way it did - I would have stuck around, inputed my orders, and waited for the 5-way draw if I knew slam would leave.

Also, I do regret how I treated you this game a lot. I was a ton more condescending than I ever should have been, which aside from just being bad play, is just a bad way to treat someone. A lot of the reason was that Slam and I had planned a move order to break through your lines in Spring 1905, and I didn't think anything I said to you would matter in the long-run. Alas, Slam mis-inputted, and the game went onward.


Nah, I'd shut you out after our first conversation, so you're not wrong. Mostly just talked to you cause I'm cool with you as a person ^^ and for my own amusement when you touched base every year lol.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
February 23 2015 20:25 GMT
#564
On February 24 2015 05:18 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 05:09 Xatalos wrote:
On February 24 2015 05:02 rsoultin wrote:
On February 24 2015 04:42 Hapahauli wrote:
Balwkekgjlakwejfaf.

I played like such an idiot this game.

Also, Hapa...dude, if you're gonna tell people different stories, then expect me to believe you, that's just amusing. Maybe Germany was worse about it than you were, but I generally don't give people who I know are bullshitting me the time of day. Also, you could do without the condescension some


...and this was pretty much it. As someone who plays primarily live-games, the communication options feel so open in an online game. The fact that I can go on Skype and theoretically talk to someone without anyone else finding out is such a "luxury." Whereas I couldn't go and grab someone to "talk outside" without the entire world instantly finding out.

So yeah, I did a lot of reaching this game. When you have those new options, you naturally want to use them as much as you can. I deviated so much from my normal style of play this game, and I could barely keep track of what I was saying to different people. My communications were largely a mess, and I was fortunate to have the position that I had (pretty much a guaranteed stalemate line between myself and France) before I ultimately had to depart.


Yeah, lol, there is no such thing as a secret. I was in close communication (or closeish) with Austria and France throughout the game...Germany fell off later, I got Turkey to talk to me a little, and I more or less left Russia alone because he was more interested in talking to Austria and insisting I shouldn't mess with their plans xP btw Xata lol you're lucky there cause I'm a really ornery person when people start the game insisting I should play it a certain way.

What I mean to say there is several times you hear things that England is saying that aren't matching up with what England is telling you. That's an immediate red flag to me not to trust you as far as I can spit. And Austria got a lot of our convos C/Pd to him which we then laughed over. Just cause it's online doesn't mean word doesn't get around ^^


I guess a part of the reason I didn't talk too much with you could be that I'm not too good at messaging with people who can't stand direct orders/suggestions. I heard something along those lines about you so I mostly just left it to JX


It's a tone thing. I'm military so I don't mind direct orders at all. What I do mind is being issued them when I haven't signed up for your army xP Really, the main thing was that I opened my inbox and about 3 players had already told me what my next moves should be yada yada yada and who I should or shouldn't be attacking while giving nothing in return about their own intentions. It's not the way to deal with someone as an equal. Does that make sense?

I wasn't terribly nice to JX in the beginning either lol. We had to build trust.


My personal army... That sounds nice :D

Yeah, I can see why that would seem arrogant. I wouldn't talk that way to JX or Hapa, for example, and some players would appreciate a more direct approach... But yeah, some don't.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-23 23:58:26
February 23 2015 23:57 GMT
#565
On February 24 2015 05:18 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 05:09 Xatalos wrote:
On February 24 2015 05:02 rsoultin wrote:
On February 24 2015 04:42 Hapahauli wrote:
Balwkekgjlakwejfaf.

I played like such an idiot this game.

Also, Hapa...dude, if you're gonna tell people different stories, then expect me to believe you, that's just amusing. Maybe Germany was worse about it than you were, but I generally don't give people who I know are bullshitting me the time of day. Also, you could do without the condescension some


...and this was pretty much it. As someone who plays primarily live-games, the communication options feel so open in an online game. The fact that I can go on Skype and theoretically talk to someone without anyone else finding out is such a "luxury." Whereas I couldn't go and grab someone to "talk outside" without the entire world instantly finding out.

So yeah, I did a lot of reaching this game. When you have those new options, you naturally want to use them as much as you can. I deviated so much from my normal style of play this game, and I could barely keep track of what I was saying to different people. My communications were largely a mess, and I was fortunate to have the position that I had (pretty much a guaranteed stalemate line between myself and France) before I ultimately had to depart.


Yeah, lol, there is no such thing as a secret. I was in close communication (or closeish) with Austria and France throughout the game...Germany fell off later, I got Turkey to talk to me a little, and I more or less left Russia alone because he was more interested in talking to Austria and insisting I shouldn't mess with their plans xP btw Xata lol you're lucky there cause I'm a really ornery person when people start the game insisting I should play it a certain way.

What I mean to say there is several times you hear things that England is saying that aren't matching up with what England is telling you. That's an immediate red flag to me not to trust you as far as I can spit. And Austria got a lot of our convos C/Pd to him which we then laughed over. Just cause it's online doesn't mean word doesn't get around ^^


I guess a part of the reason I didn't talk too much with you could be that I'm not too good at messaging with people who can't stand direct orders/suggestions. I heard something along those lines about you so I mostly just left it to JX


It's a tone thing. I'm military so I don't mind direct orders at all. What I do mind is being issued them when I haven't signed up for your army xP Really, the main thing was that I opened my inbox and about 3 players had already told me what my next moves should be yada yada yada and who I should or shouldn't be attacking while giving nothing in return about their own intentions. It's not the way to deal with someone as an equal. Does that make sense?

I wasn't terribly nice to JX in the beginning either lol. We had to build trust.


With regard to that, I thought you were new and was trying to help. Did the same thing with SL.

At that time, I didn't know what my intent was as I hadn't heard back from anyone else.

Y'all didn't remember that I actually wasn't the first to offer a 5-way.

And I actually shut a 5 way down.

But instead of pointing that out, you recycled the broken bank analogy again.

Enron, bought Edison, used Edison, bad reputation when caught, continued to lie when caught. Called Californians flaky and stupid, this analogy is also broken except that games are already tough to fill and they just got tougher. And I am not recommending anyone who asks anymore.

Hence: while scandal slightly damaged entire American economy even though Edison thought they got a great deal out of it because Enron was inflating their stock and paying for it with their vindictive and patronizing attitude and practices toward California.

Finally, regarding mango & M2K, there are only about 30 or so mechanical options in that spot. The optimum possible is always able to be broken by a significantly unlikely choice however, so it introduces wifom.

M2K can't (well, he can now) deal with wifom. Mango is an expert at wifom.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 24 2015 00:27 GMT
#566
On February 24 2015 08:57 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 05:18 rsoultin wrote:
On February 24 2015 05:09 Xatalos wrote:
On February 24 2015 05:02 rsoultin wrote:
On February 24 2015 04:42 Hapahauli wrote:
Balwkekgjlakwejfaf.

I played like such an idiot this game.

Also, Hapa...dude, if you're gonna tell people different stories, then expect me to believe you, that's just amusing. Maybe Germany was worse about it than you were, but I generally don't give people who I know are bullshitting me the time of day. Also, you could do without the condescension some


...and this was pretty much it. As someone who plays primarily live-games, the communication options feel so open in an online game. The fact that I can go on Skype and theoretically talk to someone without anyone else finding out is such a "luxury." Whereas I couldn't go and grab someone to "talk outside" without the entire world instantly finding out.

So yeah, I did a lot of reaching this game. When you have those new options, you naturally want to use them as much as you can. I deviated so much from my normal style of play this game, and I could barely keep track of what I was saying to different people. My communications were largely a mess, and I was fortunate to have the position that I had (pretty much a guaranteed stalemate line between myself and France) before I ultimately had to depart.


Yeah, lol, there is no such thing as a secret. I was in close communication (or closeish) with Austria and France throughout the game...Germany fell off later, I got Turkey to talk to me a little, and I more or less left Russia alone because he was more interested in talking to Austria and insisting I shouldn't mess with their plans xP btw Xata lol you're lucky there cause I'm a really ornery person when people start the game insisting I should play it a certain way.

What I mean to say there is several times you hear things that England is saying that aren't matching up with what England is telling you. That's an immediate red flag to me not to trust you as far as I can spit. And Austria got a lot of our convos C/Pd to him which we then laughed over. Just cause it's online doesn't mean word doesn't get around ^^


I guess a part of the reason I didn't talk too much with you could be that I'm not too good at messaging with people who can't stand direct orders/suggestions. I heard something along those lines about you so I mostly just left it to JX


It's a tone thing. I'm military so I don't mind direct orders at all. What I do mind is being issued them when I haven't signed up for your army xP Really, the main thing was that I opened my inbox and about 3 players had already told me what my next moves should be yada yada yada and who I should or shouldn't be attacking while giving nothing in return about their own intentions. It's not the way to deal with someone as an equal. Does that make sense?

I wasn't terribly nice to JX in the beginning either lol. We had to build trust.


With regard to that, I thought you were new and was trying to help. Did the same thing with SL.

At that time, I didn't know what my intent was as I hadn't heard back from anyone else.

Y'all didn't remember that I actually wasn't the first to offer a 5-way.

And I actually shut a 5 way down.

But instead of pointing that out, you recycled the broken bank analogy again.

Enron, bought Edison, used Edison, bad reputation when caught, continued to lie when caught. Called Californians flaky and stupid, this analogy is also broken except that games are already tough to fill and they just got tougher. And I am not recommending anyone who asks anymore.

Hence: while scandal slightly damaged entire American economy even though Edison thought they got a great deal out of it because Enron was inflating their stock and paying for it with their vindictive and patronizing attitude and practices toward California.

Finally, regarding mango & M2K, there are only about 30 or so mechanical options in that spot. The optimum possible is always able to be broken by a significantly unlikely choice however, so it introduces wifom.

M2K can't (well, he can now) deal with wifom. Mango is an expert at wifom.


So you're basically calling me a loose canon? That's fine

Slam, I'm not really sure why you're this upset? PM me if you'd like?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 00:31:54
February 24 2015 00:30 GMT
#567
Lies and patronization.

I expect lying, to be a little more clear, but patronizing lies and sticking with an obvious lie drives me nuts.


It makes things personal; it says "I think you are so stupid, that you will believe this and are actually just bluffing when you call me out on it".

It is an indirectly direct insult to do so.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 05:45:37
February 24 2015 05:42 GMT
#568
On February 24 2015 08:57 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 05:18 rsoultin wrote:
On February 24 2015 05:09 Xatalos wrote:
On February 24 2015 05:02 rsoultin wrote:
On February 24 2015 04:42 Hapahauli wrote:
Balwkekgjlakwejfaf.

I played like such an idiot this game.

Also, Hapa...dude, if you're gonna tell people different stories, then expect me to believe you, that's just amusing. Maybe Germany was worse about it than you were, but I generally don't give people who I know are bullshitting me the time of day. Also, you could do without the condescension some


...and this was pretty much it. As someone who plays primarily live-games, the communication options feel so open in an online game. The fact that I can go on Skype and theoretically talk to someone without anyone else finding out is such a "luxury." Whereas I couldn't go and grab someone to "talk outside" without the entire world instantly finding out.

So yeah, I did a lot of reaching this game. When you have those new options, you naturally want to use them as much as you can. I deviated so much from my normal style of play this game, and I could barely keep track of what I was saying to different people. My communications were largely a mess, and I was fortunate to have the position that I had (pretty much a guaranteed stalemate line between myself and France) before I ultimately had to depart.


Yeah, lol, there is no such thing as a secret. I was in close communication (or closeish) with Austria and France throughout the game...Germany fell off later, I got Turkey to talk to me a little, and I more or less left Russia alone because he was more interested in talking to Austria and insisting I shouldn't mess with their plans xP btw Xata lol you're lucky there cause I'm a really ornery person when people start the game insisting I should play it a certain way.

What I mean to say there is several times you hear things that England is saying that aren't matching up with what England is telling you. That's an immediate red flag to me not to trust you as far as I can spit. And Austria got a lot of our convos C/Pd to him which we then laughed over. Just cause it's online doesn't mean word doesn't get around ^^


I guess a part of the reason I didn't talk too much with you could be that I'm not too good at messaging with people who can't stand direct orders/suggestions. I heard something along those lines about you so I mostly just left it to JX


It's a tone thing. I'm military so I don't mind direct orders at all. What I do mind is being issued them when I haven't signed up for your army xP Really, the main thing was that I opened my inbox and about 3 players had already told me what my next moves should be yada yada yada and who I should or shouldn't be attacking while giving nothing in return about their own intentions. It's not the way to deal with someone as an equal. Does that make sense?

I wasn't terribly nice to JX in the beginning either lol. We had to build trust.


With regard to that, I thought you were new and was trying to help. Did the same thing with SL.

At that time, I didn't know what my intent was as I hadn't heard back from anyone else.

Y'all didn't remember that I actually wasn't the first to offer a 5-way.

And I actually shut a 5 way down.

But instead of pointing that out, you recycled the broken bank analogy again.

Enron, bought Edison, used Edison, bad reputation when caught, continued to lie when caught. Called Californians flaky and stupid, this analogy is also broken except that games are already tough to fill and they just got tougher. And I am not recommending anyone who asks anymore.

Hence: while scandal slightly damaged entire American economy even though Edison thought they got a great deal out of it because Enron was inflating their stock and paying for it with their vindictive and patronizing attitude and practices toward California.

Finally, regarding mango & M2K, there are only about 30 or so mechanical options in that spot. The optimum possible is always able to be broken by a significantly unlikely choice however, so it introduces wifom.

M2K can't (well, he can now) deal with wifom. Mango is an expert at wifom.


I wanted a 3 way so I was only going to settle with the 5 way if there was no other option. You surrendered and that helped us speed it up. but I wanted to use the extra fleet to try to support Italy into france.

You saw it as me wanting to solo.

Well if I did, I would've stabbed Italy or russia and not accept the 3 way after you and England surrendered.

so I don't know what conspiracy theory you have conjured up inside, because there is no evidence. Enron had evidence against them. Not me. No money was missing, no money was reported to be stolen.
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 07:04:52
February 24 2015 06:57 GMT
#569
On February 24 2015 05:10 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 05:09 JieXian wrote:
On February 24 2015 03:50 Eden1892 wrote:
Tldr
I fucked up with France and Austria due to time investment + a lil laziness, fucked up with England by erroneously trusting Russia. Don't really feel I fucked up with Russia beyond trusting him s01. Germany is hard


I agree. Trusting xata is always a way to fuck up

perrrrkele

+ Show Spoiler +
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkele


Forgetting the fact that I've never stabbed you, but you've stabbed me in every game except this one


hahahahahahahahahaahahaha you sure know how to exaggerate, we've only played 3 times and the previous 2 times it wasn't anything like what you did to Germany, especially since you yourself said that we were never allied in the 2nd game to begin with and you were close to a solo.

We can make a poll if you dare to hahahaha

I've only ever stabbed rayn. Guilty as charged.

Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
February 24 2015 10:03 GMT
#570
On February 24 2015 15:57 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 05:10 Xatalos wrote:
On February 24 2015 05:09 JieXian wrote:
On February 24 2015 03:50 Eden1892 wrote:
Tldr
I fucked up with France and Austria due to time investment + a lil laziness, fucked up with England by erroneously trusting Russia. Don't really feel I fucked up with Russia beyond trusting him s01. Germany is hard


I agree. Trusting xata is always a way to fuck up

perrrrkele

+ Show Spoiler +
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkele


Forgetting the fact that I've never stabbed you, but you've stabbed me in every game except this one


hahahahahahahahahaahahaha you sure know how to exaggerate, we've only played 3 times and the previous 2 times it wasn't anything like what you did to Germany, especially since you yourself said that we were never allied in the 2nd game to begin with and you were close to a solo.

We can make a poll if you dare to hahahaha

I've only ever stabbed rayn. Guilty as charged.



I stabbed Germany? He blocked AND attacked me. I never made an aggressive move against him until he was already practically dead.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
February 24 2015 10:21 GMT
#571
Granted, apparently my leak actually triggered the block...? Well, whatever. It's hard to say after the fact.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
February 24 2015 12:20 GMT
#572
To solve the problem, I would measure it by how betrayed people felt.

hahahahahaha
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
February 24 2015 15:03 GMT
#573
On February 24 2015 21:20 JieXian wrote:
To solve the problem, I would measure it by how betrayed people felt.

hahahahahaha


That's like saying a criminal should be forgiven because he felt betrayed by the society
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
February 24 2015 15:51 GMT
#574
On February 25 2015 00:03 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 21:20 JieXian wrote:
To solve the problem, I would measure it by how betrayed people felt.

hahahahahaha


That's like saying a criminal should be forgiven because he felt betrayed by the society


nono that's like saying a criminal should be judged based on how his victims felt. :D
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
February 26 2015 19:58 GMT
#575
By the way, I'll recommend this manga: http://mangafox.me/manga/kingdom/ It's more focused on warfare and domestic politics than diplomacy, but there's a fair share of diplomacy in there as well (7 warring states just like in Diplomacy ). It's also mostly based on actual history so the story is very... realistic :D
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
December 25 2015 17:24 GMT
#576
We should work ourselves up into an Enron-fueled rage again

Who's up for it?

Merry Christmas
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
March 29 2016 05:41 GMT
#577
oops slam I missed this post back in December.

Any takers?
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
March 29 2016 10:04 GMT
#578
I'm in, if we manage to get a game started
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 29 2016 17:06 GMT
#579
Yeah I am still up for this, but not this week. Lot of busy stuff hoping my family will get better.


However I also gotta get my blood pressure down and sniff some crayons XD
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 30 2016 21:50 GMT
#580
It's funny what I let affect my mood. Literally remembering the people who died in my town because of Enron drove me to get all pissy in a diplomacy game online and take out my rage on people who had nothing to do with it XD
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings106
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 75
hero 38
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1109
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 351
minikerr43
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King207
hungrybox130
Other Games
summit1g10265
Maynarde227
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick464
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 157
• practicex 18
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo894
• Rush825
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 24m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.