• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:39
CEST 03:39
KST 10:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9034 users

[C][M][T] Survivor Series Mafia - Page 47

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 176 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 10 2014 15:01 GMT
#921
Like Oats was going against his own lynch target (Cora) for idk what reason.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 15:01 GMT
#922
On February 10 2014 23:59 marvellosity wrote:
Why do this thing that literally no-one else picked up on but me?

the net of it is this Oats.

Vayne decided to "shenannie" on to you and gave some vague crap reasons. Actually that's a perfectly decent play and if it had been left there it would look quite normal.

The kicker is that I decided to press him on it and he actually had no good answer for his actions, and then he just shut up and hoped it went away.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 10 2014 15:02 GMT
#923
Also VE was defending Cora but didn't want to lynch anyone himself. I think VE is mafia, probably my strongest read atm.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 10 2014 15:04 GMT
#924
Yeah Vayne looks pretty bad aswell.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 15:06 GMT
#925
On February 11 2014 00:04 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yeah Vayne looks pretty bad aswell.

Do you remember what game it is that Vayne was mafia in and he made that small post about WoS saying he'd looked fine or town from his earlier posting, I pressed him on it, and he was unable to actually back up his post properly? Was it first iteration of LXIV?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 10 2014 15:08 GMT
#926
God you've me fucking reading this still. Short answer no. Long answer Kinda. I think there's a higher scum percentage in the non-Koshi voters VE, VA, Oats, Cora, Grak (excluding Wave bc feels ). Than in those on. So by stuff analyze you on wagon and in comparison to those off I get to read you better and get a fix on them. That way scum lynch D3.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 10 2014 15:09 GMT
#927
On February 11 2014 00:06 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 00:04 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yeah Vayne looks pretty bad aswell.

Do you remember what game it is that Vayne was mafia in and he made that small post about WoS saying he'd looked fine or town from his earlier posting, I pressed him on it, and he was unable to actually back up his post properly? Was it first iteration of LXIV?

Yes it was.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 15:09 GMT
#928
Yeah. It feels like that anyways. Saying something and then unable to back it up when pressed.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 10 2014 15:10 GMT
#929
On February 10 2014 23:51 marvellosity wrote:
VA is quite likely to be scum I think, why don't you think so?

His move off Corazon felt really contrived towards the end of the day. Voting Oats with "shenannies" with this reasoning:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2014 08:52 VayneAuthority wrote:
switch to grack? eh nah I don't see that yet. oats is a hail mary and I think he is due for a scum game and this looks like it so far. also not a bad lynch on it's own merit given what I've stated (it's pretty much like lynching me except not lynching me)

- and then when pressed by me on how/why, he said:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2014 08:58 VayneAuthority wrote:
On February 10 2014 08:53 marvellosity wrote:
How does it look like an Oats scumgame, VA?


it doesn't but the bait was set

And yet, despite the fact it didn't look like his scumgame and maybe it was all some sort of game - his vote remained on Oats at the end of the day.

Basically an astonishing misuse of his vote that apparently no-one notices or cares about. Because it's VA?


Sure, it's strange, but are you certain there is benefit in mafia for doing what he did? I just decided it was illogical as either faction really. I don't believe "getting off a wagon" is a thing because anyone who is reading the game knows he was on Corazon, in addition he didn't do anything to claim credit for "moving off Cora". He made a random statement about the attitude of Cora that may well be right. I actually agree Cora's hyper aggressiveness at the end made him less likely to be scum.

So why did he do it? Shenanigans? sure, but is that alignment indicative? Maybe it is, please explain to me why.

I had a weak town-read on him for some early game posts. Most notably this one.

On February 08 2014 11:25 VayneAuthority wrote:
I'd say the mafia team would not bother chatting with eachother this early, if they have even showed up at all. Can probably put mutually exclusive brackets on geript(wave,yamato)


This just felt like a pretty good random observation to make at the time. It's a bit of Vivax logic but I like vivax logic.

On February 09 2014 16:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
pretty much I will agree on any policy involving lynching the less desirable players even if it includes myself after giving it some thought. There is no reason for mafia to not nominate all the more townie looking people and make town pick off the better players. So it is really in our best interests to weed out those not participating as much (I realize that is me right now, but day 1 I am never that active)


Also this feels like sort-of straightforward attitude. I'm no expert at reading this guy obviously, but I need to be convinced that I should think he's scum. I wish he participated more though.
Computer says mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 10 2014 15:10 GMT
#930
marv what's your stance on VE?
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 15:10 GMT
#931
On February 11 2014 00:10 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2014 23:51 marvellosity wrote:
VA is quite likely to be scum I think, why don't you think so?

His move off Corazon felt really contrived towards the end of the day. Voting Oats with "shenannies" with this reasoning:
On February 10 2014 08:52 VayneAuthority wrote:
switch to grack? eh nah I don't see that yet. oats is a hail mary and I think he is due for a scum game and this looks like it so far. also not a bad lynch on it's own merit given what I've stated (it's pretty much like lynching me except not lynching me)

- and then when pressed by me on how/why, he said:
On February 10 2014 08:58 VayneAuthority wrote:
On February 10 2014 08:53 marvellosity wrote:
How does it look like an Oats scumgame, VA?


it doesn't but the bait was set

And yet, despite the fact it didn't look like his scumgame and maybe it was all some sort of game - his vote remained on Oats at the end of the day.

Basically an astonishing misuse of his vote that apparently no-one notices or cares about. Because it's VA?


Sure, it's strange, but are you certain there is benefit in mafia for doing what he did? I just decided it was illogical as either faction really. I don't believe "getting off a wagon" is a thing because anyone who is reading the game knows he was on Corazon, in addition he didn't do anything to claim credit for "moving off Cora". He made a random statement about the attitude of Cora that may well be right. I actually agree Cora's hyper aggressiveness at the end made him less likely to be scum.

So why did he do it? Shenanigans? sure, but is that alignment indicative? Maybe it is, please explain to me why.

I had a weak town-read on him for some early game posts. Most notably this one.

Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 11:25 VayneAuthority wrote:
I'd say the mafia team would not bother chatting with eachother this early, if they have even showed up at all. Can probably put mutually exclusive brackets on geript(wave,yamato)


This just felt like a pretty good random observation to make at the time. It's a bit of Vivax logic but I like vivax logic.

Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 16:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
pretty much I will agree on any policy involving lynching the less desirable players even if it includes myself after giving it some thought. There is no reason for mafia to not nominate all the more townie looking people and make town pick off the better players. So it is really in our best interests to weed out those not participating as much (I realize that is me right now, but day 1 I am never that active)


Also this feels like sort-of straightforward attitude. I'm no expert at reading this guy obviously, but I need to be convinced that I should think he's scum. I wish he participated more though.

VA makes more good observations as mafia than town because as mafia he knows all the answers already
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
February 10 2014 15:10 GMT
#932
yay for talking how town Koshi is and how scummy VA.
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 15:12 GMT
#933
On February 11 2014 00:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
marv what's your stance on VE?

Dunno. His filter told me nothing at all but that doesn't have to make him mafia. See LXIV for similar I guess. I need him to interact with the thread.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 10 2014 15:13 GMT
#934
Palmar that's what Vayne does as mafia, especially if he feels like he hasn't contributed much and has not payed attention to the thread. He follows his "town meta" with some comment about someone trusting that people will read him as town for it because that's what he does as town, gives some random observations about some things.

After that LXIV game (the post marv pointed out) he even said that. He didn't read the thread properly and felt like he needed to post something and made something up he could not back up later.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 10 2014 15:16 GMT
#935
On February 11 2014 00:12 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 00:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
marv what's your stance on VE?

Dunno. His filter told me nothing at all but that doesn't have to make him mafia. See LXIV for similar I guess. I need him to interact with the thread.

The problem is LXIV was a PM game, he was talking with WoS constantly and a lot. He in fact had thoughts, he just did not feel the need to bring them into the thread. This is a different game, he is just idk.. saying some random stuff?? That's how it feels like to me. He's not really trying to talk to anyone and doesn't care if people even pay attention to what he says. The stuff he says looks "clean" but does not really have an effect to anything. Hiding in plain sight if you know what i mean? There is nothing he is trying to accomplish, which makes sense as mafia especially given that Corazon was town.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 15:19 GMT
#936
On February 11 2014 00:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 00:12 marvellosity wrote:
On February 11 2014 00:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
marv what's your stance on VE?

Dunno. His filter told me nothing at all but that doesn't have to make him mafia. See LXIV for similar I guess. I need him to interact with the thread.

The problem is LXIV was a PM game, he was talking with WoS constantly and a lot. He in fact had thoughts, he just did not feel the need to bring them into the thread. This is a different game, he is just idk.. saying some random stuff?? That's how it feels like to me. He's not really trying to talk to anyone and doesn't care if people even pay attention to what he says. The stuff he says looks "clean" but does not really have an effect to anything. Hiding in plain sight if you know what i mean? There is nothing he is trying to accomplish, which makes sense as mafia especially given that Corazon was town.

I know, I know, and I cannot disagree with anything you say. Like your paragraph is a perfectly good case on him. I'd just like to give him some more time I guess. I can see him playing this way as town.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 10 2014 15:23 GMT
#937
That's the problem. Not many people gave shit about what happened on D1 and that's really bad.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 15:25 GMT
#938
How Grack talks about me is very silly really. "marv is unreadable". "marv making himself unreadable by not interacting with me" "the only person I feel strongly about is marv". It's such an odd way of dancing around me.
On February 10 2014 06:52 Grackaroni wrote:
This is the only part I'm going to address. I'm definitely less confident about being correct with reads this game; I don't have anyone I really want to lynch too strongly except maybe Marv but he's actually made himself hard to read by just refusing to chat with me.


And yet
On February 10 2014 09:34 Grackaroni wrote:
Lulz Yamato. I probably should have known but Marv was super confident he would rage and that's just hard to ignore.

On February 10 2014 10:05 Grackaroni wrote:
Sooooo who's getting nominated? I bet it will be Marv/Palmar/Yamato

and his playful "blaming" of me for the lynch don't seem to suggest a mafiaread on me.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 10 2014 15:28 GMT
#939
Palmar who do you think is mafia? I have a hard time following where you are atm.
table for two on a tv tray
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
February 10 2014 15:34 GMT
#940
I agree with Marv. That read is way too silly to be scum.
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 51
NaDa 24
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9362
JimRising 778
ViBE149
Mew2King91
ArmadaUGS78
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1302
BasetradeTV174
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 21m
INu's Battles
10h 21m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 21m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 21m
Replay Cast
21h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.