• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:46
CEST 02:46
KST 09:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8191 users

[I][T][M] Vengeful Mini Mafia! - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 01:59 GMT
#210
is DP Corazon's big brother?

Could it really be?!
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:00 GMT
#213
On February 04 2014 10:59 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 10:57 iamperfection wrote:
On February 04 2014 10:56 DarthPunk wrote:
Like he is consciously saying things he know I fucking rage about. Example one. That meta case when he know I fucking hate meta cases.

Example two. Calling me out for saying artanis did something that holyflare KNEW HE DID BECAUSE HE SAID IT TO HOLYFLARE.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.

how does that make him mafia dear?

Your being totally unreasonable.


I don't know if he is mafia and I don't care. I want him to die.

On February 04 2014 10:07 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 09:38 marvellosity wrote:
If you annoy me I'll just have you lynched, so go ahead


No one is lynching people just because they annoy you marv.

Sup son
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:00 GMT
#214
52 minutes, that has to be some kind of record
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:01 GMT
#218
lol. Are you seriously going to keep playing like this? I can hardly believe it.

Do you want a massage or something?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:09 GMT
#226
The absolute best thing for mafia in this sort of game is to have townies riled up and wanting to take vengeful shots. Ironically.

Mafia have much less space to hide in if people are rational and aren't self-hammering just so they can shoot the person that can piss them off.

Anyone should be able to see that that is absolutely the best thing for mafia. Worst thing for mafia = everyone being rational so they can't take funky shots if they're lynched under the guise of emotion or having a laugh. Maybe Artanis is town and he's not going to bow to the will of the people, but if he's in danger of being lynched, it should be clear how and why his top suspect is, and we can go off that.

So if I assume you're town, DP, then whatever it takes for this not to happen is what you gotta do. Because I'm not having tits throw this game away because they're pissed off and they want to shoot people.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:14 GMT
#231
Claiming mafia is stupid and is quite clearly a net benefit to mafia, because I'm sitting here answering this question, and if he's town then my time is better spent not sitting here answering this question (it is, in fact, better spent sleeping).

Sadly townies do stupid things in the name of 'hilarity', so you never really know. Probably best not to think about it too much. We'll see what Artanis does tomorrow.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:14 GMT
#233
We're also not going to talk about how close posts were together and how mindmeldy that makes them. Jeez
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:16 GMT
#236
On February 04 2014 11:15 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 11:11 Promethelax wrote:
marv baby, talk to me about Artanis. Is his mafia claim in any way alignment indicative, I'm inclined to say no since well...that is dumb. I don't see him being more likely or less likely to post that as either alignment and until someone finds a quote saying "I would never claim scum as town" -artanis, I won't believe that to be a real reason to find him scummy.


Scumare more likely to claim scum because it makes no sense for town to do it but it does make sense for scum to do it for that very reason.

The player I was referencing in my other game did it and I questioned him about it in a similar way that I questioned artanis.

He flipped scum.

the simplest answer is: If there is no reason to do something as town then that person is very likely not to be town.


This is constantly not true though.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:19 GMT
#242
On February 04 2014 11:16 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 11:15 Promethelax wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:12 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:09 Promethelax wrote:
I kinda really want to lynch DP for martyring.

I hate people who vote themselves in IML.

Policy: all lynches occur on the third day of the day cycle.


It's not the same in this setup because you get a vig shot bro.


one bad shot and lylo. Totally the same, lynching scum>vigging them. Actually maybe not now that I write it down. Would prefer to lynch a townie who was on the margins of looking scummy and have them shoot a scum. It will confirm two alignments.

Was thinking in the pre game if one player is kicking ass and taking names for town scum may actually choose to bus to be able to use their shot on said player. We should not be too confidant that those who push scum are town. There is valid reason for scum to bus even when neither scum is in danger.


That is a fucking stupid plan if you are scum.

Actually it's interesting and worth spending at least some thought on.

Some time down the line you have player A and player B, both are suspicious and town is deciding between them. One mafia one townie. One is going to be lynched, the other will be vigged by the lynched player (seems a sensible play).

Makes sense for the mafia in that situation to bus the mafia, so the mafia dies and doesn't flip, and the townie flips. Probably a better result for mafia than the townie not flipping and shooting the mafia who does flip.

So it seems there's probably situations where bussing might be optimal for mafia
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:24 GMT
#246
If the last person who did it was town, why does that make Artanis a reasonably good lynch in this instance?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:24 GMT
#247
It means he didn't bother to think about it Prome. That's what you draw your conclusions from.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:27 GMT
#253
Then you drew your conclusion. Good!
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:28 GMT
#255
On February 04 2014 11:22 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 11:16 marvellosity wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:11 Promethelax wrote:
marv baby, talk to me about Artanis. Is his mafia claim in any way alignment indicative, I'm inclined to say no since well...that is dumb. I don't see him being more likely or less likely to post that as either alignment and until someone finds a quote saying "I would never claim scum as town" -artanis, I won't believe that to be a real reason to find him scummy.


Scumare more likely to claim scum because it makes no sense for town to do it but it does make sense for scum to do it for that very reason.

The player I was referencing in my other game did it and I questioned him about it in a similar way that I questioned artanis.

He flipped scum.

the simplest answer is: If there is no reason to do something as town then that person is very likely not to be town.


This is constantly not true though.


No but I think it is true more often than it is not true.

That being said, one of the reasons I was trying to question artanis before holyflare provoked me was that Vayne had just claimed scum as town in TItanic II, so town CAN be retarded enough to claim scum as a joke. The other thing was that Artanis makes retarded fake claims at the start of the game all the time as both alignments.

So I think there would have been some value in trying to question him about it. Definitely, I think he is more likely to be scum than town and seems like a reasonably good lynch, but we should make use of the day and try and get some stances out of him before we decide anything.

Further we need to know who he wants to shoot if he flips.

DP, the issue I have is that everything I've bolded feels/sounds extremely premature.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:29 GMT
#257
On February 04 2014 11:28 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 11:25 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:23 Promethelax wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:19 marvellosity wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:16 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:15 Promethelax wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:12 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:09 Promethelax wrote:
I kinda really want to lynch DP for martyring.

I hate people who vote themselves in IML.

Policy: all lynches occur on the third day of the day cycle.


It's not the same in this setup because you get a vig shot bro.


one bad shot and lylo. Totally the same, lynching scum>vigging them. Actually maybe not now that I write it down. Would prefer to lynch a townie who was on the margins of looking scummy and have them shoot a scum. It will confirm two alignments.

Was thinking in the pre game if one player is kicking ass and taking names for town scum may actually choose to bus to be able to use their shot on said player. We should not be too confidant that those who push scum are town. There is valid reason for scum to bus even when neither scum is in danger.


That is a fucking stupid plan if you are scum.

Actually it's interesting and worth spending at least some thought on.

Some time down the line you have player A and player B, both are suspicious and town is deciding between them. One mafia one townie. One is going to be lynched, the other will be vigged by the lynched player (seems a sensible play).

Makes sense for the mafia in that situation to bus the mafia, so the mafia dies and doesn't flip, and the townie flips. Probably a better result for mafia than the townie not flipping and shooting the mafia who does flip.

So it seems there's probably situations where bussing might be optimal for mafia


It is actually a great plan for mafia. Even more than that the bussed mafia can shoot bigawesometownie1 and next day it is likely that town will lynch scummylookingtowniewhowasupforlynch since lynchedmafiaplayerX didn't shoot him.

Does DP saying that a great plan for mafia is shitty make him scum? Yes/no?


That is why we come to a consensus and make the people we lynch shoot specific targets.


Can I assume for a minute that you are not dumb? Given your play in past games I think I can assume that. Why will mafia do what we tell them? If we all get together to lynch Cephero and he says he'll shoot artanis but really shoots marv how do we punish him for that? We don't. He is already dead. So why are you harping on this point. You haven't thought about this at all, have you?

Play nice.

That scenario removes the doubt from Cephiro's flip, which is a decently good thing.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:29 GMT
#259
TOO LATE IAMP
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:35 GMT
#272
By the way.

If I find 3 townies this cycle then town wins for sure. By my rough calculations. And if I find 2 then town is in a super strong spot, maybe even winning by force as well.

iamp is still looking sexy to me. So 1-2 more and we're in an awesome spot. Yeehaw!
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:36 GMT
#274
On February 04 2014 11:35 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 11:28 marvellosity wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:22 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:16 marvellosity wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 04 2014 11:11 Promethelax wrote:
marv baby, talk to me about Artanis. Is his mafia claim in any way alignment indicative, I'm inclined to say no since well...that is dumb. I don't see him being more likely or less likely to post that as either alignment and until someone finds a quote saying "I would never claim scum as town" -artanis, I won't believe that to be a real reason to find him scummy.


Scumare more likely to claim scum because it makes no sense for town to do it but it does make sense for scum to do it for that very reason.

The player I was referencing in my other game did it and I questioned him about it in a similar way that I questioned artanis.

He flipped scum.

the simplest answer is: If there is no reason to do something as town then that person is very likely not to be town.


This is constantly not true though.


No but I think it is true more often than it is not true.

That being said, one of the reasons I was trying to question artanis before holyflare provoked me was that Vayne had just claimed scum as town in TItanic II, so town CAN be retarded enough to claim scum as a joke. The other thing was that Artanis makes retarded fake claims at the start of the game all the time as both alignments.

So I think there would have been some value in trying to question him about it. Definitely, I think he is more likely to be scum than town and seems like a reasonably good lynch, but we should make use of the day and try and get some stances out of him before we decide anything.

Further we need to know who he wants to shoot if he flips.

DP, the issue I have is that everything I've bolded feels/sounds extremely premature.


What does that mean?

It means that Artanis has done one possibly slightly alignment indicative thing, and you're already talking about wanting to see who he shoots if we flip him, and "making use of the day" as if it's some obvious conclusion. There's rather a long road between A and B there
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:44 GMT
#284
So does Artanis claim scum as both alignments or not?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:50 GMT
#287
I thought so too, but I want DP to answer me
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 02:52 GMT
#291
meh I wanted a quick answer. Never mind. I'll go to bed instead.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 464
Bale 32
League of Legends
Doublelift4435
Other Games
summit1g7874
JimRising 525
ViBE245
Livibee204
KnowMe164
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick679
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur544
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 14m
Patches Events
14h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 14m
OSC
22h 14m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.