• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:45
CEST 14:45
KST 21:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9955 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 22:58 GMT
#806
hello hello, I see the thread is active now so if you have any questions fire away. I'll try to get engaged to the game asap.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:12 GMT
#829
I don't see why DR.H would make such an abrupt move when has the momentum as scum, only draws suspicion. Probably just has legit reasons for not wanting to continue like he said.

Although, I don't agree with his yamato pick as a stand in.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:15 GMT
#837
Hold on, I'm PMing rayn to try and get a read on him so ill get back to you.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:17 GMT
#844
On January 12 2014 08:15 yamato77 wrote:
Lawl, so you just don't like me.

Gotcha


I'm basically glossing over all the fine novels on display, so forgive me if I got the wrong impression. I just don't see a reason to have you as town from your filter.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:31 GMT
#872
On January 12 2014 08:28 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Alakaslam is too bad to be scum


there is no difference at all between his scum and town play
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:35 GMT
#876
On January 12 2014 08:34 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Blazinghand you can't possibly be town..


ok well either you believe his claim and he shoudl be the mayor (since he will have a for sure bodyguard) or you DONt believe his claim. since i beleive him i vote him. makes sense right?


makes sense indeed, if im understanding the setup correctly, the strongest role to have in the mayor position would be a mason.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:37 GMT
#880
On January 12 2014 08:35 marvellosity wrote:
if mafia hits Hopeless in the first couple of nights they are doing town a massive favour by not hitting stronger players


So the questions become do you value heart or mechanics more essentially. What is hopeless' proposed lynch at any rate
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:41 GMT
#889
On January 12 2014 08:39 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:37 VayneAuthority wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:35 marvellosity wrote:
if mafia hits Hopeless in the first couple of nights they are doing town a massive favour by not hitting stronger players


So the questions become do you value heart or mechanics more essentially. What is hopeless' proposed lynch at any rate

? It's not even a debate. You have a strong town player as mayor who can actually guide town in later days instead of town falling apart as happens 100% of the time in large games when mafia kill off the leaders.


I want to elect rayn at any rate, just playing devil's advocate. Are you preferring yamato? I don't think rayn is scum after talking with him briefly.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:47 GMT
#894
Seems like we have a solid foundation there at any rate, Between mayor and doctor we can probably keep 2 of the 3 past night.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:55 GMT
#896
On January 12 2014 08:54 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:47 VayneAuthority wrote:
Seems like we have a solid foundation there at any rate, Between mayor and doctor we can probably keep 2 of the 3 past night.

So now you think I look townie?


just don't prefer you for mayor pretty much
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 11 2014 23:58 GMT
#899
On January 12 2014 08:57 marvellosity wrote:
how do you read me, Vayne?


What is my strategy for reading you or what is my current read on you after a brief read?

I assume the latter so, I thought you were scummy from glancing over but rayn says you guys have talked a lot and that you are pretty town so obviously I trust that more then a quick read through.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 12 2014 00:03 GMT
#902
if you must know the thing I thought was fishy was that this post

On January 11 2014 09:41 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?

I'll run for mayor if/when I find a candidate I want to lynch or I think town is going full on dumbo.



Seemed to me like a cop out if things were not going the way you wanted for your team, you would step in and try to take control as mayor to do damage control.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 12 2014 19:42 GMT
#1287
I'm only gonna be here for the next 30 mins really quick, pretty busy today so I can't comply with that request.

ill be voting for marv

I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 12 2014 20:02 GMT
#1291
from reading where I left off from yesterday, WoS = town captain obvious = scum

WoS doing his usual paranoid of everyone thing and has some valuable input to the game (bar the squabbles with marv which are completely useless) that I think needs to be reread.

On January 12 2014 11:02 Captain Obvious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 10:58 Blazinghand wrote:
Would it be okay for hopeless1 not to have to confirm me? that might be easier in terms of avoiding scum nk


He must claim, either to verify or to deny and call you out as scum. Scum already knows if you're really a mason or not, not claiming only withholds information from town!


On January 12 2014 23:19 Captain Obvious wrote:
I have news for thee, faithful citizens! The one named Koshi engaged me in personal messaging last day, but after some silly banter, has disappeared when prompted to give some opinions about the game! This is very unsettling.



dislike both of these posts. Teaching scum how to play and useless speculation in one post. Then tries to pin something that isn't inherently scummy on Koshi, grasping at straws.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 12 2014 20:07 GMT
#1293
my old self is gone, his reads are pretty irrelevant heh
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 12 2014 20:08 GMT
#1296
well im gone for now, ill be here to discuss the game at length tonight hopefully. Anything specific just send me a PM.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 01:52 GMT
#1592
Alright im home finally, anyone here to discuss stuff
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 01:58 GMT
#1597
On January 12 2014 22:47 Xatalos wrote:
thrawn:

+ Show Spoiler +
It's actually been a while. We haven't been in contact after the start of the day.

Would you care to share your reasoning for having me in your "naughty list"? I agree with Derrida and Koshi though. Derrida opened with an easy-to-fake and useless listpost, has had zero interest in finding scum, has similarities with his last scumgame and now folds under pressure. Koshi has played so lazy and useless that he's probably not town. He's capable of much better. Only thing I'm unsure about is that he played a very active scumgame in Nuclear Winter Mafia, and he was very hard to catch, but here he's almost too scummy.

I'm puzzled by suchdoge's disappearance as well as VE's PM behaviour. VE hasn't answered my PM's and apparently suspects marv/Mocsta in his PM's with Aquanim, yet shares no reasoning. Have you PM'd with VE?

BH is almost certainly a Mason or even if he isn't, a fakeclaim will be found out later on. So I guess my suspicions about BH are pretty much useless to talk about now.

Original Message From thrawn2112:
Hi again, I'd like an up to date version of your thoughts on the game, and am wondrin if you have any reads you'd like to talk about?


jat:

+ Show Spoiler +
You've pretty much shared no reads in the thread and even posted this:

"Well the reason for this is probably that some of those reads were indeed formed on the spot. I did not think deeply about all of the persons on your list and had to think about what my actual opinion on some of them is."

How involved in finding scum are you really? Who are your 3 top scumreads?


VE:

+ Show Spoiler +
Why did you never reply to my PM despite posting in the thread?

Apparently you suspect marv/Mocsta? Do you have any reasoning for that?


rayn:

+ Show Spoiler +
You never answered to my latest PM? Mostly about the possible faults with a massclaim.

What do you think of marv as Mayor?

Have you PM'd with VE?


Aquanim:

+ Show Spoiler +
I just had a worrying thought about marv. He claimed to me earlier that he would definitely run for Mayor as scum. Then he referenced an earlier game where he was hesitant to run for Mayor as town.

What if he planned around that by being hesitant at first and then running anyway as scum? He's a skilled player so I don't think it would be impossible for him to think of a plan like that.

Then there's also the fact of his very passive responses in PM's earlier.

Otherwise he's felt towny, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to completely trust him yet.

Original Message From Aquanim:
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you about JAT that it's probably better to give him more time. I'm getting the definite impression that his early-game is weak.

I've seen nothing more from VE than what I posted in the thread. It seems entirely unlike his towngame to be this reticient, but it's conceivable he's making some big play in PMs or some such. In any case he's probably a bad lynch today on the "don't-lynch-vets-day-1 principle" so I'm happy to let that lie for now.

I'd love to have a more confident lynch than Derrida but at this point it's looking like he's the best lynch and not too terrible a choice.

D'you have a read on Marv? My guess is he's town - I'm not certain, but I'd prefer to take that risk (in terms of handing out mayor) than to go with the guaranteed clusterf*** that a Rayn mayoralty would be. (The only game I've played with him was Back to the Basics in which he royally screwed the town over as town. He and I don't have a high opinion of one another, if you haven't noticed that already.)

Hide nested quote -
Original Message From Xatalos:
jat has mostly posted one-liners about random stuff and hasn't appeared to focus on scumhunting so far. I also really dislike this post:

"Well the reason for this is probably that some of those reads were indeed formed on the spot. I did not think deeply about all of the persons on your list and had to think about what my actual opinion on some of them is."

Reactive much?

Still, apparently he's a slow starter, so I think it's better to wait for him to start doing stuff. I think I'll chat with him soon to see if he's more transparent in PM's.

It's actually kind of funny that I started suspecting you a bit earlier and people similarly told me that you're a slow starter. And now you've started posting quite a bit. I like most of your later posts so maybe the same will be true for jat as well.

Apparently BH is Mason...? Well, at least he won't be a distraction anymore then.

Derrida definitely seems scummy from his (short) filter. 1) Zero interest in scumhunting 2) easy to fake listpost 3) similarities with his previous scumgame 4) folding under pressure.

I'm curious about VE. He hasn't responded to my PM's (despite me PM'ing him long before I went to sleep) and I have no idea what he's doing in PM land. Looking at your discussion with him he thinks Mocsta and marv are scum? Has there been any reasoning for that?

Original Message From Aquanim:
Heya, I'd like to have a bit of a chat with you.

As a starting point, what's your read on justanothertownie so far and why?

If you have anything you'd like to ask me, go ahead.

cheers
~Aqua



first major thing that pops out to me when going over his filter, was he in contact with anyone else? this could clear up quite a bit.

This list shouldn't be considered for lynch for quite a bit imo, It didn't look like he was going to get lynched until towards the end of the day so he wouldn't have known to try to trick us or anything. all of these correspondants are town I think
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 02:04 GMT
#1598
besides that just looks like a typical scum day 1 filter. lots of questions that lead nowhere and general bleh
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 02:47 GMT
#1605
hmm I just feel like faking pms with partners would be a bit of an afterthought on day 1. oh well nevermind then
I come in for the scraps
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37393
Shuttle 2512
Horang2 985
Bisu 884
Jaedong 709
Light 613
Mini 519
BeSt 354
firebathero 330
Hyuk 297
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 263
Stork 259
Zeus 216
Soma 214
ggaemo 189
Soulkey 151
Last 149
ZerO 147
Rush 145
Snow 139
Leta 114
Killer 77
Pusan 77
hero 63
Sea.KH 61
Mong 39
Mind 36
Sharp 34
Shinee 30
Shine 29
soO 26
Bale 24
Aegong 24
sorry 23
ToSsGirL 22
Trap 18
Free 17
Sexy 16
Terrorterran 14
PianO 13
Noble 11
HiyA 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 7
zelot 6
Icarus 5
NotJumperer 1
Dota 2
Gorgc4161
qojqva1752
Dendi979
420jenkins57
League of Legends
Reynor90
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1425
x6flipin375
markeloff107
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1960
crisheroes873
Other Games
gofns35210
singsing2148
B2W.Neo777
XBOCT351
DeMusliM186
Livibee173
Mlord157
XaKoH 136
Liquid`LucifroN112
QueenE88
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS72
Chillindude16
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream180
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2213
• TFBlade695
Other Games
• WagamamaTV192
Upcoming Events
OSC
16m
Stellar Fest
16m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
TaKeTV 14
OSC
11h 16m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.