• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:52
CEST 18:52
KST 01:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8740 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 62

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 114 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 12 2014 15:35 GMT
#1221
Hi Xatalos. Why am I a good player on D1?
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 15:36 GMT
#1222
On January 13 2014 00:34 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 00:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
he has been townie. Like i have told you every time you have asked..


Reads can change over time. What do you think of our debacle?

I don't understand, what do you mean? Your and marv's?
table for two on a tv tray
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 12 2014 15:41 GMT
#1223
On January 13 2014 00:35 Koshi wrote:
Hi Xatalos. Why am I a good player on D1?


I've only played with you when you've been scum and I've thought you were town every time. yamato convinced me that your play is fitting for lazy scum so far. Are you often this passive as scum?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 12 2014 15:41 GMT
#1224
On January 13 2014 00:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 00:34 Xatalos wrote:
On January 13 2014 00:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
he has been townie. Like i have told you every time you have asked..


Reads can change over time. What do you think of our debacle?

I don't understand, what do you mean? Your and marv's?


Yes, how did it affect your read on me/marv?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 15:42 GMT
#1225
Wait what, when did yamato say so? That's entirely incorrect.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 15:42 GMT
#1226
What marv says about you is correct. That's what you do as scum.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 15:43 GMT
#1227
On January 13 2014 00:07 Xatalos wrote:
Btw marv, you still didn't post your logs on VE+suchdoge. I'd like to see them.

I have no interest in posting them
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 12 2014 15:44 GMT
#1228
On January 13 2014 00:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Wait what, when did yamato say so? That's entirely incorrect.


Original Message From yamato77:
Players don't always play the same way as mafia from game to game.

Basically, mafia will do the least they can get away with most of the time.

The more important question for me is, why would town Koshi play as he is?

Original Message From Xatalos:
Yeah, it's easy to hide for scum if a large group of players are inactive both in thread and PM's. It's pretty easy to at least semi-confirm players as town through PM's. It's a real pain to fabricate PM conversations as scum and that's why I prefer playing as town in a PM game.

Koshi hasn't really done anything, but he was playing a very active/townish scum in Nuclear Winter Mafia. Has he played like this as scum?

Original Message From yamato77:
Actually I'd probably lynch Koshi over Derrida, because Koshi's a player I know is capable of decent play, yet he's completely opting out of playing the game entirely.

Like I said, it's those types of players I will be lynching into, because there's too many to just let them all live.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 12 2014 15:45 GMT
#1229
On January 13 2014 00:43 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 00:07 Xatalos wrote:
Btw marv, you still didn't post your logs on VE+suchdoge. I'd like to see them.

I have no interest in posting them


...? What's the use in hiding info?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 15:46 GMT
#1230
Keep town on a need to know basis. It's the basis of Ver's town guides. Go read them I'd suggest.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 12 2014 15:48 GMT
#1231
On January 13 2014 00:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What marv says about you is correct. That's what you do as scum.


..You mean the "...but.." thing, the "PM a lot" thing or the "you haven't been PM'ing me lately" thing? I disagree on everything except I agree that I do say "...but..." as scum, but I do so as town too, so...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 15:49 GMT
#1232
On January 13 2014 00:35 Koshi wrote:
Hi Xatalos. Why am I a good player on D1?

You promised me a lot of activity and you're on 2 pages. what gives? :x
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 15:59 GMT
#1233
Anyone have any reason at all this dude is town?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=438132&user=Captain Obvious
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 12 2014 16:02 GMT
#1234
On January 13 2014 00:41 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 00:35 Koshi wrote:
Hi Xatalos. Why am I a good player on D1?


I've only played with you when you've been scum and I've thought you were town every time. yamato convinced me that your play is fitting for lazy scum so far. Are you often this passive as scum?

My games are in my profile. I have played scum twice and rolled a million times town since then. You were in those 2 games. I am just playing d1 a bit more in the background because I have no pc access and it is most likely better for town.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 12 2014 16:04 GMT
#1235
On January 13 2014 00:49 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 00:35 Koshi wrote:
Hi Xatalos. Why am I a good player on D1?

You promised me a lot of activity and you're on 2 pages. what gives? :x

Dont kill me pls. Activeness will come. But later, as mayor you can totes survive some days and read me.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 16:08 GMT
#1236
Koshi i believe about 20 hours have passed when you said you would irc with me.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 12 2014 16:11 GMT
#1237
On January 13 2014 01:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi i believe about 20 hours have passed when you said you would irc with me.

Probably not or I miscounted. I am home in 3 hours approx.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 16:11 GMT
#1238
Oh shit it was this early. Okay.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 12 2014 16:13 GMT
#1239
Somewhat hilarious how disapointed you will be after that crossexamination rayn. Game is hard.
I had a good night of sleep.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 17:54 GMT
#1240
On January 12 2014 17:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I know, that's what's fucked up in PM games. Noone does anything in thread. That's what i was trying to say early on in the game but apparently noone gives a shit.

This is so annoying to me. It is hard enough to read people in normal games but here everyone can just say "no, I won't post in thread I pm people". The problem is if you pm those people they can choose what to tell you specifically. There is no possibility of reading people by their way of interacting with each other... I hate this.
On January 12 2014 18:22 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 18:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I do, do you have any reason for calling people out for making general statements and then following it up with statements like:

"And then there's the eight or so other lurkers."
and
"Of the active players I reckon at least most are town."

??

Well for starters I'd appreciate it if you say where I "called people out for making general statements". I remember calling JAT out for "having no commitments regarding any reads at all in his entire filter" which is not at all the same thing.

Also, everybody makes some general statements, including me. I've also made some not-general statements. What exactly is your point?

I also can't help but notice that you haven't really answered my question. Would you care to correct that?

Where is your commitment to your reads then? You backed off when rayn said I play this way as town and you are still flip flopping about Derrida.
On January 12 2014 19:55 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 19:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't understand why this is this hard. There are a fuckton of people who have been present but done "no scumhunting".
Why is JAT scum over suchdoge, marvellosity, WoS, Mocsta, Koshi, etc.. Why you need to single out JAT and not other people?

Having a scumread on him because he hasn't done shit is okay, but why him and not those others?

Talked with marv and mocsta in PMs and I'm confident they're thinking about the game, hoping someone else who actually wants to deal with suchdoge in PMs will read him, have a slight townread on WoS (and he's pushing suchdoge, anyway, so your characterisation is inaccurate here), and I don't like Koshi's play so far either but I'll get to him later.

If I tried to push eight lurkers at once I wouldn't get anywhere. By pushing JAT alone I've drawn reactions from him and others and moved the thread forward.

(Before you ask, I'm not telling you everything I've learned from pushing JAT. Deal with it.)

You still haven't explained why you think VE's town.

1) You call me out for having 2 pages of filter and no reads.
2) You call me a lurker.
You can't have it both ways.
3) You tell us you have townreads on players who didn't do more than me because of pm conversations. Why didn't you pm me then? Are you interested in figuring out my alignment at all or are you just looking for someone to throw shit on to look like you are contributing?
On January 12 2014 20:10 Aquanim wrote:
I'm done with you Rayn. If somebody else thinks it's important to ask his questions, then say so and I'll answer them.

What is the point? If it is the same question you could also just answer rayn... ignoring him only makes sense if his questions seem dumb to you. If they are there is no benefit in answering them if someone else asks them.

Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 63
Codebar 35
UpATreeSC 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1243
EffOrt 1192
Mini 708
Soma 625
actioN 468
Rush 438
Light 326
Larva 311
BeSt 223
Snow 153
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 111
Dewaltoss 102
Zeus 67
Barracks 58
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 30
Shine 27
JYJ 26
soO 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Rock 11
zelot 11
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2097
Dendi895
420jenkins174
Counter-Strike
Fnx 787
pashabiceps669
x6flipin540
ceh9378
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5663
Grubby3605
Liquid`Hasu353
Other Games
Beastyqt545
byalli428
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor188
Liquid`VortiX168
DeMusliM155
ArmadaUGS142
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 86
C9.Mang074
TKL 61
Trikslyr61
Railgan5
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV268
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH251
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 6
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
League of Legends
• Nemesis2887
• TFBlade766
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 8m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.