• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:02
CEST 22:02
KST 05:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7901 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 17:48 GMT
#684
On January 12 2014 02:46 marvellosity wrote:
jat, you didn't quite grasp rayn's dripping sarcasm there, did you

I obviously didn't. Maybe cause I am in a hurry right now.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 20:41 GMT
#725
I am back.
On January 12 2014 02:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am a bit puzzled JAT. Why do you think i would possibly not want to run for mayor?

No idea. You could think someone else is better suited or have other reasons. Like Marv who doesn't seem to be interested in being mayor.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 21:28 GMT
#747
On January 12 2014 06:25 LSB wrote:
LSB Banking was my smurf and ignore that. I'm am trying to see if I have a smurf for people to use if you want to

Why would you want to use a smurf and why would that even be allowed (aside from the smurfs who signed up as a smurf)? I am confused.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 21:39 GMT
#750
On January 12 2014 06:37 yamato77 wrote:
Well, if it's Chez, we pretty much just ignore/lynch him at our convenience.

It would be nice to know who it is, regardless.

Why? The only time I played with Chezinu (PYP) he played really well and townie.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 22:46 GMT
#782
On January 12 2014 07:45 Blazinghand wrote:
well i retract any reason of lynchinig kush! don't lynch him as he is actually vayne

Mind = blown.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 22:54 GMT
#797
On January 12 2014 07:53 Alakaslam wrote:
What about a mayor you can WotC? I am open.

Huh?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 23:09 GMT
#824
On January 12 2014 08:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.

So DrH you make a post like this where i assume you call Xatalos scummy.
About 10 minutes later you PM me about your scumreads and "funny feelings" but Xatalos is not there. Why?

what do you mean why

You give me a list of your scumreads. I assume you are asking me about what i think of them. If Xatalos is your scumread why the hell is he not on the list?

And why are you voting for yamato for mayor if i am going to execute your scumread?

i don't like you to be honest i've never hated anyone in a game more than i hate you but i think you're town, i'm being petty

This only answers the second question and not the first one.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 23:11 GMT
#826
On January 12 2014 08:09 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:09 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.

So DrH you make a post like this where i assume you call Xatalos scummy.
About 10 minutes later you PM me about your scumreads and "funny feelings" but Xatalos is not there. Why?

what do you mean why

You give me a list of your scumreads. I assume you are asking me about what i think of them. If Xatalos is your scumread why the hell is he not on the list?

And why are you voting for yamato for mayor if i am going to execute your scumread?

i don't like you to be honest i've never hated anyone in a game more than i hate you but i think you're town, i'm being petty

This only answers the second question and not the first one.

the first question is stupid

Why? I don't see the stupidity.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 02:01 GMT
#997
On January 12 2014 10:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 10:58 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
forcing a claim out of you is ideal anyway tbh

Why, exactly? Were you planning on tunneling this to the ends of the earth?

I don't really get this either.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 02:43 GMT
#1033
On January 12 2014 11:35 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 11:17 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:16 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
let's talk about how derrida is scum

Yeah, OK.

Reasons to think he's scum:
list post, but that's a heuristic in which I have only limited confidence
bases his mayoral preferences first on "enjoying reading their filter because it is srs" and second his read on them

Reasons to think he's town:
I got nuffin, but I do have...

Reasons I'm not certain yet:
he has like 2 posts and being a newbie his thinking about "is this relevant to whether they should be mayor or not" probably isn't expected to be entirely accurate whatever his alignment

tl;dr I'm not certain he's scum but he's a reasonable guess

P.S. will go meta him now re. Marv's statement

do you have a stronger read on someone else then?

No. I have a couple of similar strength though.

All I see in justanothertownie's two-page filter is kinda pointless oneliners in which he commits to almost nothing. For all I know he's doing work in PMs, but based on his thread presence so far he's another possible scum for me.

This one isn't a scumread as such, but as long as Captain Obvious continues to post only "obvious" stuff and committing to nothing he's going to be next to impossible to read I think.

And then there's the eight or so other lurkers.

Of the active players I reckon at least most are town.

Maybe you could point out the scummy things in my 2 page filter then? Or is my thread presence the only reason for your read? You don't even have one filter page and call other people lurkers...
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:03 GMT
#1035
The most important thing to me right now is to find a good mayor. Right now I think that would probably be rayn because he is one of the few people that look really townie to me.
Who do you want to elect?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:06 GMT
#1036
I mean did you ever talk about that? Skimming through your filter I just saw your "maybe scummy maybe not" read on Derrida and your baseless attack against me.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:15 GMT
#1038
I contest that it makes me scum and if you are primarily looking for scum then I am surprised you didn't find anything better if you are town.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:33 GMT
#1041
If we would be talking about a normal game you would probably be right. But this is a mayor game.
If you want to hear my reads you could question me you know? But you didn't do that. You did not try to figure out my alignment and instead just threw shit on me.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:47 GMT
#1043
On January 12 2014 12:39 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 12:33 justanothertownie wrote:
If we would be talking about a normal game you would probably be right. But this is a mayor game.
If you want to hear my reads you could question me you know? But you didn't do that. You did not try to figure out my alignment and instead just threw shit on me.

See, the thing is that if somebody accused me in the way that I just accused you, as a townie I would not have attacked them back. I would have thought "hey, they have a point. I should post my reads and convince them I have actually been thinking about the game."

Also, just because this is a mayor-election day doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about who is scum.

The bolded is obviously true but it is of secondary importance to me right now.
If someone who looked townie accused me I probably would have reacted that way. But it was you who did next to nothing himself and to me it looks really suspicious that my lack of public reads is the scummiest thing you found in this game.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 03:48 GMT
#1044
Anyways I am off for now. It has gotten really late.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 04:04 GMT
#1049
On January 12 2014 12:49 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 12:47 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 12:39 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 12:33 justanothertownie wrote:
If we would be talking about a normal game you would probably be right. But this is a mayor game.
If you want to hear my reads you could question me you know? But you didn't do that. You did not try to figure out my alignment and instead just threw shit on me.

See, the thing is that if somebody accused me in the way that I just accused you, as a townie I would not have attacked them back. I would have thought "hey, they have a point. I should post my reads and convince them I have actually been thinking about the game."

Also, just because this is a mayor-election day doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about who is scum.

The bolded is obviously true but it is of secondary importance to me right now.
If someone who looked townie accused me I probably would have reacted that way. But it was you who did next to nothing himself and to me it looks really suspicious that my lack of public reads is the scummiest thing you found in this game.


what in your opinion is the scummiest thing in the game?

Good question. I thought some things BH said were pretty scummy but that was probably wrong obviously... and call it OMGUS but I think Aquanims wishy washy stance on Derrida (he himself felt the need to answer the question about Derrida which was directed at everyone and then only came up with this inconclusive statement - why even say anything about it then?) + his attack against me is scummy too.
If someone wants my opinion on something/someone just ask me. It's not hard...
But I have to leave for real now.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 04:09 GMT
#1050
On January 12 2014 13:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Has anyone talked to JAT in pms? I have been recently and I got the impression that he was making up his reads on the spot. Explanations were short and there weren't many conclusions. He also only talked about people that I mentioned first, something I noticed about my own scum mason play (esp the rayn chat) from Time to Die. Does anyone have similar or contrasting experiences with him in pm's?

Well the reason for this is probably that some of those reads were indeed formed on the spot. I did not think deeply about all of the persons on your list and had to think about what my actual opinion on some of them is.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 17:54 GMT
#1240
On January 12 2014 17:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I know, that's what's fucked up in PM games. Noone does anything in thread. That's what i was trying to say early on in the game but apparently noone gives a shit.

This is so annoying to me. It is hard enough to read people in normal games but here everyone can just say "no, I won't post in thread I pm people". The problem is if you pm those people they can choose what to tell you specifically. There is no possibility of reading people by their way of interacting with each other... I hate this.
On January 12 2014 18:22 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 18:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I do, do you have any reason for calling people out for making general statements and then following it up with statements like:

"And then there's the eight or so other lurkers."
and
"Of the active players I reckon at least most are town."

??

Well for starters I'd appreciate it if you say where I "called people out for making general statements". I remember calling JAT out for "having no commitments regarding any reads at all in his entire filter" which is not at all the same thing.

Also, everybody makes some general statements, including me. I've also made some not-general statements. What exactly is your point?

I also can't help but notice that you haven't really answered my question. Would you care to correct that?

Where is your commitment to your reads then? You backed off when rayn said I play this way as town and you are still flip flopping about Derrida.
On January 12 2014 19:55 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 19:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't understand why this is this hard. There are a fuckton of people who have been present but done "no scumhunting".
Why is JAT scum over suchdoge, marvellosity, WoS, Mocsta, Koshi, etc.. Why you need to single out JAT and not other people?

Having a scumread on him because he hasn't done shit is okay, but why him and not those others?

Talked with marv and mocsta in PMs and I'm confident they're thinking about the game, hoping someone else who actually wants to deal with suchdoge in PMs will read him, have a slight townread on WoS (and he's pushing suchdoge, anyway, so your characterisation is inaccurate here), and I don't like Koshi's play so far either but I'll get to him later.

If I tried to push eight lurkers at once I wouldn't get anywhere. By pushing JAT alone I've drawn reactions from him and others and moved the thread forward.

(Before you ask, I'm not telling you everything I've learned from pushing JAT. Deal with it.)

You still haven't explained why you think VE's town.

1) You call me out for having 2 pages of filter and no reads.
2) You call me a lurker.
You can't have it both ways.
3) You tell us you have townreads on players who didn't do more than me because of pm conversations. Why didn't you pm me then? Are you interested in figuring out my alignment at all or are you just looking for someone to throw shit on to look like you are contributing?
On January 12 2014 20:10 Aquanim wrote:
I'm done with you Rayn. If somebody else thinks it's important to ask his questions, then say so and I'll answer them.

What is the point? If it is the same question you could also just answer rayn... ignoring him only makes sense if his questions seem dumb to you. If they are there is no benefit in answering them if someone else asks them.

justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 17:56 GMT
#1241
On January 12 2014 22:44 marvellosity wrote:
More time to formulate a plan? What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not you so I don't make retarded plays because they sound like a good idea in my head. I'm swimming against the tide by running for mayor so late, that's really obvious.


Doesn't seem that obvious to me. ^^
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 586
UpATreeSC 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 825
Dewaltoss 115
firebathero 80
Zeus 64
910 39
Trap 36
Bale 26
NaDa 24
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc6653
420jenkins268
monkeys_forever72
Counter-Strike
edward281
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS121
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2199
Other Games
summit1g5603
Grubby2796
B2W.Neo666
Beastyqt652
byalli417
shahzam396
C9.Mang0161
TKL 146
KnowMe141
ToD104
Railgan17
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV254
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 18
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 59m
Stellar Fest
16h 59m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.