• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:51
CEST 13:51
KST 20:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7762 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 03:38 GMT
#1608
we killed scum, ez game, go to bed
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 03:43 GMT
#1610
marv killed xatalos or however you spell it
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 03:55 GMT
#1613
no idea tbh, from what I understand he just talked with a lot of pppl he thinks is town and they all agreed he is a good lynch. doesn't really matter in hindsight as he flipped scum so it's safe to assume we can trust most of those people
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 17:27 GMT
#1731
doesn't that just make thrawn look better (the change of heart) why would he post that knowing full well that his opinion in that situation would be frankly, meaningless, and xatalos was most likely going to die either way.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 17:39 GMT
#1742
On January 14 2014 02:30 marvellosity wrote:
Vayne, what are the insights that you found valuable from Wave?


mostly here

On January 12 2014 10:07 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 09:58 yamato77 wrote:
If you're scum after that emotional blab, I'm never playing with you again.

I'd suggest ditching dick move analysis; it's proven to be ineffective as of late. I will however appeal to you personally; you can take it as you will. Knowing what you know of me, my playstyle, and my attitude towards mafia and rules in general, I think you can draw the proper conclusions.

Now if people are interested in my scumreads (and you should be), I'm thinking primarily suchdoge for starters.
I have been in discussion with a few players in PMs (I won't reveal who I'm talking to with regards to specific conversations unless I believe it's absolutely necessary---they can reveal themselves if they so choose) and one player got me thinking about suchdoge's identity. I won't really bother guessing (even though we both guessed the same person) because basing a scumread solely on that (and as a result, meta) would be terrible but if other people have any guesses you may want to keep those in mind or alternatively you can PM me and I will discuss that section with you.

Suchdoge:
His massive entry post that said the same thing about the mayoral election that I already did earlier in thread, and then promoted marv and mig as good candidates for election despite the fact that marv (at the time) was barely playing this game (although I can't be certain about PMs) and I'm assuming Mig hasn't shown up yet (and from what I saw in PYP I'm not particularly impressed with his play).

The rest of his filter (and he HAS one, unlike others) was shitting on the main and strongest mayoral prospect and talking about how he can't PM.

I would be curious to know what interactions people have had with him in PM/IRC-land because I have spoken to people with conflicting reads here. It is my belief that such an entry into the thread, not offering anything particularly useful other than the offering up of mayoral candidates that can widely be accepted as 'good players' if they decide to run is nothing more than a safe and neutral play under the guise of effort, a perfect scum opener. The rest of his filter does not lead me to believe he has town's best interests in mind (despite some people currently agreeing with DrH not being the best mayoral prospect, including DrH himself) as he promoted negativity without offering something positive and realistic in return. Also now that marv HAS announced his potential candidacy I would like to see how he will react.


I tend to agree with dick move analysis not being that great lately and with his qualms about suchdoge, who I don't have a strong or even slight town read on yet. Maybe I'll send him a PM and see what we can accomplish.

also here

On January 12 2014 21:39 WaveofShadow wrote:
I really don't like the direction things have taken right now.
I'm really tempted to pick up the reins here now that yamato has dropped out (and why, exactly?) because I have zero faith or trust in Rayn this game and don't want the mayor role to default onto him.
Marv I'm 50/50 on you right now, so let's chat while I have the chance.

At the moment the only thing stopping me from actually running is the fact that I won't be around for deadlines and a large part of today specifically, which wouldn't exactly be fair to what would be my loyal constituents, now would it? VE please take your vote off me so I'm not tempted any further.

I've said it before and I'll say it again---I get burned on newbie reads a lot, unfortunately, but that doesn't mean I have to like what is going on with Derrida. I simply don't think he is scum despite the similarities between his opening post here and in his scum game and I certainly don't like that he appears to be an easy 'default' lynch for people to fall back on. Rayn announced he'd vote for him (to assist him in winning, no doubt) and now marv has done the same---it seems today's lynch has already been chosen despite all the talk that's going to go on for the next few hours, no?


At that point in the game, Dr.H and yamato had both dropped out of mayor running and so he had good reason to wonder wtf was going on at that point in the game. Also I tended to agree with his Derrida analysis after I went through some more filters, because there was a lot of players in the game like chinstrap and captain obvious that had about the same content at that point but derrida was getting singled out which felt strange to me.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:00 GMT
#1748
On January 14 2014 02:49 marvellosity wrote:
That 2nd quote I really dislike. I hate the "I don't like this direction at the moment"

He keeps shading rayn without backup and he's unhappy that I'm finally running for mayor? He also defended Xatalos terribly. I dunno. Why does Wave not think Derrida is mafia? What possible reason does he have to think this other than other people have called Derrida mafia?


as much as it is bad, I think that is the signature that WoS is town lol.

As for the last part, I think it is a pretty good reason when you have others very similar in nature to him running around but nobody gives them a second thought (we've all seen mafia lie about activity, lets not kid ourselves)
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:11 GMT
#1751
On January 14 2014 03:02 marvellosity wrote:
BC and chinstrap both advertised their absence pre-game, so I don't see any direct comparisons with Derrida; basically everyone is hunching that Derrida is/was town in the ongoing game and comparing his opening post here to his opening post in the mafiagame he played which was extremely similar in intent

I don't see how you see a bad list post in a mafiagame then a bad listpost in this game and come to the conclusion "i don't think Derrida is scum"

You're also saying "as much as it is bad" when originally you posted it as insight from wave and you commented that it was insight, so you're kinda disagreeing yourself here which is pretty sucky.


I think it is good though... I'm just trying to level with you here.

Advertising your absence doesn't mean much when you have time to come in and make big posts about how inactive you are, at least for me anyway.

I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:14 GMT
#1752
also suchdoge i will skype you then.

@rayn persona lol
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:20 GMT
#1755
he is a lynch target here so I don't see how it's a bad example. You thought his posts were super scummy and he wasn't. I think you are reading him wrong similarly here.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 18:40 GMT
#1759
On January 14 2014 03:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 03:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
he is a lynch target here so I don't see how it's a bad example. You thought his posts were super scummy and he wasn't. I think you are reading him wrong similarly here.

That's not what we are discussing here and in my opinion the situation was entirely different in 4 Persone, where WoS intentionally did something scummy to bait out reactions.

Here we are talking about the post that disagrees with things and does not offer alternatives. It does not say anything useful but spread doubt on people and includes a read that has no basis other than "because so many people think Derrida is scummy he can't be scum".

And btw WoS was not a lynch target at the time he made the post. I think you are trying to misrepresent the situation here and avoiding to give an answer.


how can I mispresent the situation on some one I am not trying to get lynched? That makes zero sense.

I already explained everything else.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 22:50 GMT
#1852
I have no qualms with some one shooting blazinghand at this point...he is just repeating the same things over and over and it grows old.

When are flips in this game anyway, me want cookies
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 22:56 GMT
#1865
who cares really at this point, im down for just taking all inactives to the chopping block and then grilling whoevers left
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 23:05 GMT
#1869
objection! (not that my opinion seems to hold any weight around here)
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 23:11 GMT
#1872
On January 14 2014 08:06 marvellosity wrote:
he's literally opted out of the game.


if he does in fact actually stop playing then that's fine. I'd rather lynch captain obvious, chinstrap, BC, etc before though.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 14 2014 00:21 GMT
#1913
wtf? rofl
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 14 2014 00:22 GMT
#1918
PM games never fail to deliver, as ive said in the past they just don't work frankly.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 14 2014 00:51 GMT
#1968
i don't think anyone actually wasted their time reading anything mason related but w/e

play ball
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 14 2014 00:59 GMT
#1979
If anything I question how such a role made it past the balance phase. 3 confirmed towns to eachother in a 25 person game, who can all claim to the mayor making for an easy 4 man confirmed town circle. but I guess that's a story for another day.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 14 2014 01:00 GMT
#1982
imagine if like good people had the mason roles and they never claimed in thread and just contacted the mayor and made an easy circle how amazing that would have been lawl. If anything as pointed out this is just mason incompetence and not the host's fault from my view.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 14 2014 01:06 GMT
#1998
with such a role I don't think the game had any integrity to begin with the testing process doesn't seem to be as rigorous as it used to be...absolutely absurd role given that it is a PM game.
I come in for the scraps
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29554
Shuttle 2953
Bisu 1003
Horang2 856
Jaedong 722
BeSt 382
Light 329
Hyuk 307
firebathero 301
actioN 282
[ Show more ]
Mini 236
Stork 206
Soma 201
Zeus 191
Soulkey 176
EffOrt 157
Last 132
Leta 122
ggaemo 97
ZerO 91
Snow 90
Pusan 82
Rush 65
Killer 52
Mong 51
hero 39
Aegong 38
Mind 33
Sexy 28
Shine 27
Sharp 26
NaDa 26
Bale 25
soO 22
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 22
PianO 15
Yoon 15
zelot 15
sorry 15
Free 15
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
HiyA 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1995
qojqva1248
Dendi746
Fuzer 136
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1431
x6flipin290
markeloff1
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns40551
singsing2029
B2W.Neo452
XBOCT341
DeMusliM182
Livibee173
Mew2King132
Liquid`LucifroN123
XaKoH 104
ArmadaUGS104
QueenE68
Chillindude11
ZerO(Twitch)10
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2246
• TFBlade469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV142
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 9m
Stellar Fest
1h 9m
OSC
12h 9m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.