• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:09
CEST 14:09
KST 21:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8592 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 00:35 GMT
#1384
I can see your point of view that Sciberbia has failed to campaign effectively for his views as a general rule, though I think what he has done has contributed to town in his own fashion. I think I'd better go read his meta to see if this is consistent (unfortunately IIRC he has no scum games).

I think the next step is to obtain other opinions and await a response by Sciberbia.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 00:41 GMT
#1386
On November 24 2013 09:38 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 12:48 Holyflare wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:41 Mocsta wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:32 Holyflare wrote:
Onegu is someone who prides himself in reading rayn, he even started to call him town at his last post before he afk'd. If he knew rayn was displaying his towny attributes why did he not try and convince any of you that he wasn't scum?

Well, his last post was at like 3am.. i dunno


So.. am I still scum to you?


From what I've read so far, I mean, you of all people have played with rayn and that vote just now was pure policy. You know I have also played with rayn a lot and so when I call him town based on what I've read you shouldn't throw it away and still lynch him. Yes he may have been obnoxious and shit flinging but that is because he was quite clearly annoyed at people. He was emotionally invested. It is hard to fake it the way he did and whether he was annoying or not a towny is a towny. You actively went against a win con because you did not want to play with him again.

THAT is scummy. There was Aqua who blatantly disregarded anything rayn said at all. The crux of it comes down to this: He had reads on people that disagreed with thread sentiment. He thought he was correct in those reads and shit things up, so what part of that would have been scummy to you? He went balls to the wall defending someone other people think is scum. Do you think he'd associate that strongly with someone if he was scum? That is not how rayn plays at all.



Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 16:23 Onegu wrote:
Also when are people going to realize this is a game of logic not emotion, rayn never personally attacks people, he only attacks thier gameplay. I have a problem when people are attacked with personal assults that have nothing to do with the game rayn never does this. Rayn forces his reads down your throat, and when he is throwning reads everywhere and changeing them constantly its difficult to follow, but when he tunnels onto someone most of the time he is right. And in this game say what you want rayn was playing the game and wanting to policy lynch him for it dumb. Mocsta you habe played multiple games with him why all of a sudden do you want to policy lynch him this game?

Why are these posts basically the same? Why are they both attacking Mocsta and trying to pass the blame for the Rayn lynch solely on him? Cause they are scum!

Do you think one of them could be town and the other one scum sheeping a convenient opinion?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 00:47 GMT
#1389
On November 24 2013 09:44 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 09:41 Aquanim wrote:
On November 24 2013 09:38 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:48 Holyflare wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:41 Mocsta wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:32 Holyflare wrote:
Onegu is someone who prides himself in reading rayn, he even started to call him town at his last post before he afk'd. If he knew rayn was displaying his towny attributes why did he not try and convince any of you that he wasn't scum?

Well, his last post was at like 3am.. i dunno


So.. am I still scum to you?


From what I've read so far, I mean, you of all people have played with rayn and that vote just now was pure policy. You know I have also played with rayn a lot and so when I call him town based on what I've read you shouldn't throw it away and still lynch him. Yes he may have been obnoxious and shit flinging but that is because he was quite clearly annoyed at people. He was emotionally invested. It is hard to fake it the way he did and whether he was annoying or not a towny is a towny. You actively went against a win con because you did not want to play with him again.

THAT is scummy. There was Aqua who blatantly disregarded anything rayn said at all. The crux of it comes down to this: He had reads on people that disagreed with thread sentiment. He thought he was correct in those reads and shit things up, so what part of that would have been scummy to you? He went balls to the wall defending someone other people think is scum. Do you think he'd associate that strongly with someone if he was scum? That is not how rayn plays at all.



On November 23 2013 16:23 Onegu wrote:
Also when are people going to realize this is a game of logic not emotion, rayn never personally attacks people, he only attacks thier gameplay. I have a problem when people are attacked with personal assults that have nothing to do with the game rayn never does this. Rayn forces his reads down your throat, and when he is throwning reads everywhere and changeing them constantly its difficult to follow, but when he tunnels onto someone most of the time he is right. And in this game say what you want rayn was playing the game and wanting to policy lynch him for it dumb. Mocsta you habe played multiple games with him why all of a sudden do you want to policy lynch him this game?

Why are these posts basically the same? Why are they both attacking Mocsta and trying to pass the blame for the Rayn lynch solely on him? Cause they are scum!

Do you think one of them could be town and the other one scum sheeping a convenient opinion?

To be honest they look like the exact same post and neither of them were followed up with any suspicion on Mocsta. I think it's more likely that HF was trying to distance himself from the lynch and Onegu is trying to pretend to scum-hunt to gain the town cred he so desperately needs right now. I could see both of them trying this.

I'm not certain I understood the point correctly. Are you saying that they are both scum for having the same opinion, or each of them is scum individually because they have that opinion and it's scummy?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 00:48 GMT
#1391
EBWOP: and if the former, don't you think that two scum deliberately pushing the same unpopular opinion together is rather risky?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 00:57 GMT
#1392
@Holyflare: just because you've claimed doctor doesn't mean you get to peace out and not contribute anything today. I think you're online at the moment, so why not come in and talk to us?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 00:58 GMT
#1395
Corazon, do you think Sciberbia is scum?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 00:59 GMT
#1397
On November 24 2013 09:58 Holyflare wrote:
That onegu thing is really REALLY scummy by the way.

Which Onegu thing? The case he made on Bereft, Sciberbia's comments on that case, Onegu's opinion agreeing with yours, or something else? be specific.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 01:25 GMT
#1405
Drop the attitude Holyflare. Corazon had a good excuse for it but you don't and it's wearing thin on me.

If you think Mocsta/Onegu is scum, make a case and I will evaluate it on its merits. Your sniping at them without ever making it exactly clear what you think of them overall and why is unproductive.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 01:27 GMT
#1406
Also @Holyflare: Did it occur to you that the best way to deal with any suspicions on you today would be to play well and convince us you were town, rather than claiming a town PR?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 02:26 GMT
#1413
On November 24 2013 10:55 sciberbia wrote:
Also your reasons for thinking Onegu are town are really wrong. In the 1 game I played with him he made several cases as scum.

Which game was this, I'd like to read it.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 03:04 GMT
#1431
On November 24 2013 11:50 sciberbia wrote:
@Aquanim, Cora
How likely do you think Mocsta is to be scum?
...

Very unlikely. I have prior experience with Mocsta (Newbie XXXIII, TL Mafia LX, obsed some other games of his) and gut is screaming town. His jumping from read to read, changing previous reads with a new perspective, and occasionally less-than-well-thought-out arguments are what I'd expect from him.

I think if it weren't for Mocsta this thread would be pretty dead overall, he's been doing a lot of the pushing. Just on those grounds I think he's town and certainly a terrible lynch today.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 03:10 GMT
#1436
On November 24 2013 12:05 thrawn2112 wrote:
##Vote: JarJarDrinks

I might can do the Onegu thing but I need to reaffirm my position on him. I am much more confident about JarJar for the reasons I posted in the "notes" spoiler and what I said in my last quote.

My read on JJD yesterday was town but I haven't looked at him again in some time. I'll reassess him.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 03:11 GMT
#1437
On November 24 2013 12:09 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 12:05 thrawn2112 wrote:
##Vote: JarJarDrinks

I might can do the Onegu thing but I need to reaffirm my position on him. I am much more confident about JarJar for the reasons I posted in the "notes" spoiler and what I said in my last quote.

Please vote Onegu I spent like an hour on that case and you are the only one who has acknowledged its existence...

Duly acknowledged. I want to see his Mocsta case before I make firm conclusions about Onegu's alignment.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 04:21 GMT
#1455
On November 24 2013 13:15 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Moc, I've been a solid town read for you all game long. You need to explain what exactly changed ur mind cause it looks like ur straight up just looking for any wagon to jump on.

@JJD: Are you seriously asserting that Mocsta's overall gameplan this game is to look for a wagon to sheep? Please give evidence if this is so.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 04:57 GMT
#1463
@Bereft: Holyflare played scum in Hogwarts Mafia (link). I can't say I've read all of Holyflare's games, but his play in Hogwarts seemed on a quick glance-through to be far more angry, defensive, and unwilling to contribute than what I recall seeing out of him in town games like Heavyweight (link). I find it far easier to believe he's scum this game simply based on his surliness. Lynching an uncounterclaimed town PR sits badly with me but I agree with you that it's a lynch we need to consider.

Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 04:57 GMT
#1464
EBWOP: The only thing stopping me from lynching Holy right now is that doctor claim.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 06:55 GMT
#1490
The rules are one post each day/night cycle which I don't think means once each day and once each night.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 07:19 GMT
#1499
Bleeack. I'm trying to remember why I townread JJD in the first place and I think it's mostly that he agreed with me (voting Rean and then Rayn). Which, if I'm to be honest with myself, is not a good enough reason.

The Rayn lynch
There were five of us on the Rayn wagon until consolidation happened: Aquanim, Thrawn, Mocsta, Bereft, and JarJarDrinks. The case for Rayn scum was passable but in hindsight had some holes (in particular I'm thinking of the meta point Sciberbia raised). The extra ingredient which made the Rayn wagon justifiable to the townies on the Rayn wagon was genuine frusturation with Rayn's play.
Representative quotes:
+ Show Spoiler +

On November 22 2013 10:47 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 10:42 thrawn2112 wrote:
##vote: onegu


I thought you had bigger balls.


I don't want to play with Rayn anymore full stop.
We had a good town environment until page 25ish and I was relaly enjoying this game.

He has single handedly shit the thread and this game has completely denigrated into somethign I have no interest playing anymore.

My vote is staying on Rayn.

/post-game
If rayn is town this game, you will be added to my personal ban list. Im pretty fucking disgusted right now.

On November 22 2013 11:51 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 11:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
he's just hrowing shit at me for no reason. there is no reason to do so if he is town.
when i flip he'll act "angry" and "FUCK YOURAYN WHY DID YOU DO SO".

t_T
you're a sad person aquanim


lynch this

On November 22 2013 10:02 Bereft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 10:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Holyflare is also 100% town.

hahaha. classic. anyone who thinks you are town is town.

On November 22 2013 11:49 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 11:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 22 2013 11:47 Aquanim wrote:
On November 22 2013 11:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
he's just hrowing shit at me for no reason. there is no reason to do so if he is town.
when i flip he'll act "angry" and "FUCK YOURAYN WHY DID YOU DO SO".

t_T
you're a sad person aquanim

I'm pointing out that you're continuing to troll us instead of playing towny in any way and in so doing continuing to push your lynch. Which is my reason as a townie for continuing to illustrate your failure to contribute.

I made very good cases on people who are scum.
We can talk about this post-game but what you did was "PLZ PPL TELL ME WHAT TO TALK ABOUT OMGOMG I AM SO THREATENED".

so yeah.

Go to hell. In about... 12 minutes.


Most of JJD's posts about Rayn are on page 3 of his filter:

link

And sure, JJD has a fair few posts expressing dissatisfaction with Rayn. However, I'm not sure I buy it quite so much as the posts of Mocsta, Bereft and Thrawn. This is mostly a gut thing, and I'm not certain that JJD was not genuine. The largest difference in the properties of JJD's posts to everybody else's which I can see is that JJD focuses in on individual flaws in Rayn's arguments rather than generalising to the entirety of Rayn's play. An inability to see the bigger picture *could* be indicative of a scum who isn't thinking about the game seriously and trying to get a rounded view of Rayn's posts.

Overall contribution
In fact I would characterise most of JJD's contibutions as focusing in on individual posts which he finds scummy rather than giving an opinion on a player as a whole. I would consider this a scummy way to approach the game - as a townie I certaintly try to evaluate a player's entire filter before giving a read, whereas I can imagine scum wouldn't go to the effort.

My impression from a look at his town game in Newbie 39 (link) and in Basterd Mafialink)is that the quality of his thought is better there - there's more assimilation of the entirety of each player's filter into a judgement of their alignment. Particularly in Basterd I also think his play is more dynamic and he's more interested in the game.

In Bluelightz as scum: (link) I think he cherrypicks aspects of a person's filter more, like he's doing this game.

I really haven't gone into much depth on my meta reading but my feeling is that this game is more similar to his scum meta than his town one. It's a vague feeling, though.

Conclusion: JJD's filter gives me bad feelings now but I can't pin down what makes him scummier than Onegu/Holyflare/(Rean/Jampidampi). He's no longer a townread.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 07:23 GMT
#1501
This vote I have on Rean is rapidly becoming a waste of time. At this time I don't think JJD is quite as solid a lynch as Onegu/HF (need to think some more about JJD though, I'm finding getting into his head to be very difficult). Of the other two, Onegu is at least trying. Holyflare's attitude towards this game is completely and utterly uncharacteristic of his town meta and at least a little reminicient of his meta in Hogwarts. If he's scum I think it's highly likely he's stuck with two lurkers for scumbuddies, which would explain his excessive negativity.

##Vote: Holyflare
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 24 2013 07:24 GMT
#1502
Correction
##Unvote
##Vote: Holyflare
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV446
Rex85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko366
ProTech126
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32740
Hyuk 1327
Jaedong 1015
actioN 522
Soma 484
Horang2 376
EffOrt 334
Soulkey 318
BeSt 303
Mini 289
[ Show more ]
Larva 249
Light 224
Zeus 223
Stork 221
910 210
Last 184
Snow 143
Rush 120
ggaemo 116
Pusan 84
ZerO 72
Mind 57
Mong 43
Creator 43
Free 37
Killer 35
Shinee 33
hero 30
Bale 28
Sharp 28
HiyA 19
sorry 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Shine 11
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8353
Dendi592
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1544
markeloff98
kRYSTAL_35
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3086
Khaldor1079
Other Games
gofns36546
singsing1667
B2W.Neo353
XBOCT311
Pyrionflax269
DeMusliM216
byalli112
Mew2King86
hiko60
ArmadaUGS53
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 515
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1467
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
52m
The PondCast
21h 52m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.