• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:32
CEST 19:32
KST 02:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8270 users

"##" Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 14:59 GMT
#665
Basically SnB is repeating my awesome and wonderful case on Pandain, here. And everyone should read it and vote for Pandain.
On October 28 2013 13:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
Ok koshi called me 3p for having a charge role thing. I dont know what it means, but generally town dont call people 3p day 1 because there is no way to know. Scum do know though.

I think Prome is scummy for giving both a town read to rayn and Pandain but not doing anything about Pandains scum read on Rayn.


However, currently I want to lynch Pandain because his vote on Rayn is total bullshit.
He apparently votes for rayn for doing an action that SOUNDS bad. This is important. Pandain doesnt know what Rayn's action is. All he knows is that it sounds bad. Apparently thats enough justification for a vote on Rayn. And when its clear that Rayn is joking, Pandain doesnt retract the vote like a normal townie, no, he finds other stuff to call rayn scum.

And that other stuff doesnt even make sense from a scum perspective.

Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 07:42 Pandain wrote:
Rayn is the scummiest player posting so far for a number of reasons.

Using powers so fast,
On October 28 2013 06:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 28 2013 06:50 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Yeah sure why not. I do like to twerk, and I'd rather cater to marv than koshi, who seems to have disappeared.

wtf is this reasoning?


Mafia post to cast bad thoughts on someone without any want to pursue him.

Buddying Marv.

Not that he's for certain scum as I'm certain the majority of scum have not posted yet, but if I was going to guess one person it would be him or WoS.

So the first point is that Rayn uses powers too fast and therefore he is scum? What a jump in logic, again, Pandain has no idea what Rayn's thing on marv did. Also, Pandain is experienced enough to know that GENERALLY scum dont do knee jerk and stupid stuff, thats what town do.

ok 2nd point, yeah Sent is powering up marv not because he thinks marv is town. Thats bad reasoning and Rayn is right to call it out. But apparently to Pandain, Rayn's post is scummy for casting bad thoughts. But its accurate.

Also Buddying marv. Really? Really pandain?

Everyone including Prome should totally comment on this and do the action thing. ##Refudiate Oatsmaster


No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 15:00 GMT
#667
Pandain isnt bad though, thats the thing.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 15:09 GMT
#670
Sorry man Seuss, I have problems explaining myself coherently

The Prome and WoS was something I was thinking about.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 15:31 GMT
#676
On October 29 2013 00:19 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 00:09 Oatsmaster wrote:
Sorry man Seuss, I have problems explaining myself coherently

The Prome and WoS was something I was thinking about.


It's alright, it doesn't help that my pace is apparently half that of the thread so I'm constantly playing catch up.

I agree with you that Pandain's vote on rayn is bullshit, but what are you going to do if Pandain drops it? How critical is that vote to your read? With how the argument is set up Pandain looks pretty damned either way. If he keeps his vote there he's scum because it's stupid, but if he retracts his vote it was under duress and you can still paint him as scum.

I'm curious because outside of Pandain's odd vote and "emotional late at night" excuse I don't read his actions are particularly scummy.

It doesnt matter that he drops it now. Its that he didnt drop it when it became very very clear that Rayn was joking.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 15:53 GMT
#681
On October 29 2013 00:40 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 00:31 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 29 2013 00:19 Seuss wrote:
On October 29 2013 00:09 Oatsmaster wrote:
Sorry man Seuss, I have problems explaining myself coherently

The Prome and WoS was something I was thinking about.


It's alright, it doesn't help that my pace is apparently half that of the thread so I'm constantly playing catch up.

I agree with you that Pandain's vote on rayn is bullshit, but what are you going to do if Pandain drops it? How critical is that vote to your read? With how the argument is set up Pandain looks pretty damned either way. If he keeps his vote there he's scum because it's stupid, but if he retracts his vote it was under duress and you can still paint him as scum.

I'm curious because outside of Pandain's odd vote and "emotional late at night" excuse I don't read his actions are particularly scummy.

It doesnt matter that he drops it now. Its that he didnt drop it when it became very very clear that Rayn was joking.

Yet problem is I found other reasons which were good to me and still were until he upped his game. First half Rayn was real poor play overall

lol no. Address the case please.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 16:38 GMT
#696
Pandain keeps popping in and out. Whats up with that?
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 16:41 GMT
#698
Koshi, who do you think is scum?
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 16:45 GMT
#700
Find out Koshi. Come on. About 25+ pages of posts, and you dont have a single scumread?
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 16:48 GMT
#703
I feel really good about killing Clarity.

This is the one game where town shouldnt be making cases on me.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 16:49 GMT
#704
On October 29 2013 01:48 Koshi wrote:
Yeah, I am going to go with marv, rayn, seuss and Oats town.
But your townread just got downgraded a bit because you are correct on the amount of pages in this game.

>.>
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 16:53 GMT
#706
lol I was kinda thinking you were driving at that.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 28 2013 17:01 GMT
#709
Going to bed, townies please be townie and scum, please be scummy.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 29 2013 02:02 GMT
#842
Goodness me, both Pandain and Clarity are looking worse. Game is easy.

I dont know if we should lynch OOHCHILD, he might be some kinda survivor thing or something. I doubt he is town though.
He has like triple the amount of posts pregame and now.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 29 2013 03:46 GMT
#845
On October 29 2013 05:10 Pandain wrote:
Marv is striking me as very town, which is very exciting for me. Usually I would think it would be hard to read Marv since he's such a good player, but even if he's scum he's still making really good points which, as long as we continue to judge them, will work in town favor.

+ Show Spoiler +
He has also already posted 6 pages worth of shit, and they're all good. Indicative of town

He really thought hard about Prom and I love what he said about Prom being way too cocky, I actually had a null read on him but now I think I have a moderate town read on him, probably not as "sure" in it as Marv.

+ Show Spoiler +
he also wasn't a dick to me


Originally I disagreed with Seuss being scummy but now I agree, with some addendums.

Here is Marv's post:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 18:21 marvellosity wrote:
On October 28 2013 12:47 Seuss wrote:
On October 28 2013 11:50 Promethelax wrote:
So I get that this is a theme game but everyone is just trying to get their powers charged up. Allow me to say: STOP!

unless you have a town read on someone don't power them up. For serious. Why should we help scum this early in the game? Yer all dumb.

Lets treat this like a normal game for a little while, get some scum reads and do this right. Random powering up of other people is, in my opinion, policy lynchable, discuss.


This was honestly bothering me as well. People have been throwing hashtags left and right without a thought or care as to the consequences, and up until this post the only person who thought twice about it was Pandain (and even then only in the case of raynpelikoneet).

It's not that Koshi, [UoN]Sentinel, marvellosity, or Oatsmaster are particularly suspicious at the moment, but it's pretty silly to just blindly power them up. It's also mildly irresponsible of them to immediately reveal that they have potentially useful powers, though at this point I expect everyone has something and it's likely not all powers are created equal. Based on the hashtags, it's pretty obvious that the powers are connected to their given celebrities. Someone a little more clever than I am and more experienced in mafia could probably make reasonably accurate guesses as to what their powers do

My best guess is Refudiate (Sarah Palin) is going to be some form of role block.

The bolded sentence looks like fairly baseless and unwarranted criticism. Given I, and presumably others, actually literally require people to type specific things in the thread to use our powers, how else should we have gone about it, in your opinion? I can't keep the entirety of my role a secret, because then I don't have a role.

To the underlined, we've already had one vanilla town claim; are you calling that player a liar? Are you disagreeing with at least one other player (that I forget) who suggested it's unlikely we all have powers?

To the red, interesting that your mindset is to try to workout what powers these blues/powers have. Why would you even speculate on that right now if you're town? Much more of a mafia mindset.

I don't like your whole post basically.


However I disagree with this slight suspicion of Seuss. Now if Seuss had written out his post during the course of 5 hours and thought very clearly and wanted to be 100% consistant, it would be suspicious (though still not scummy).

His bolded statement mirrored my thoughts and is a defendable statement even if it isn't 100% justifiable since yes some people need others for their powers. The underlined is clearly just poor reading and doesn't indicate scum.

The red statement is interesting however and important to think about.

There are better reasons to be suspicious of Seuss
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 23:29 Seuss wrote:
On October 28 2013 22:44 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hai marv.
I can talk about Prome for just a little bit atm if you'd like, but I'm nor sure how long I'll be around so we won't be able to pick each other's brains as per usual. What exactly were you saving up regarding your townread of him to tell me?

Oh and regarding Seuss (monte it's so weird to call you that) he seems pretty town to me. Like he said I coached him and his behaviour falls pretty in line with his last newbie, as well as what you determined to be him rolefishing. I give him the WaveofShadow newbie stamp of approval for now, though I would really like to hear some reads from him, as I know he is pretty capable of good analysis with way less to work with than has been posted in this thread.


Yay stamp of approval.

Now that I'm not distracted by marv here are my current thoughts.

Promethelax: Probably town. When I, an unknown entity, entered the thread his first response was to solicit my opinion in a neutral way, and keep drawing more information from me regarding my mindset. This was good, pro-town play, as it lets him and everyone else get the chance to form a read on me. In general I'd call him inquisitive, he likes poking where there's gaps in information. He's been a bit more confrontational with some of the other posters, but confrontational isn't inherently anti-town. Without him we'd probably know a lot less right now. I can get why people would find his "I can't meta Pandain" and apparent lack of scum reads concerning, but on the whole I think he's clearly town.

strongandbig: No idea, but unless he starts posting a crapton before the voting deadline I think we're better off pursuing someone else. We stand to learn absolutely nothing by lynching him, though applying pressure might help loosen his tongue.

Oatsmaster: Maybe scum. There's still a lot of "if so-and-so is Y, so-and-so #2 is X" without an explanation of the logic. I don't think it makes sense for him to give marv a pass for not talking about who he doesn't want to talk about, but not give Promethelax a similar pass for not following up where he doesn't want to follow up. He says he's made a strong case but you have to go back through about 30 posts and pick it up in bits and pieces, which is time consuming and not all that convincing. I realize this may just be his posting style and "meta" or whatever, but I find it obfuscates information more than I'd like.

You guys move faster than I can analyze and parse. Waugh.



Very poor post, list format instead of comprehensive. Also what is the middle paragraph which is a basic "I don't know."


Also his other posts are really wishy-washy and constantly changing.

I do think he's worth looking out for though shouldn't be a lynch target today.

I do agree Clarity is suspicious, made a poor post which only focused on one person. It is so incredibly assumption based and wouldn't be what I expect Clarity to be suspicious of. He says Oats is suspicious because he didn't add to what someone else said.

Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 22:47 Clarity_nl wrote:
So, it's cool that you both thought yuck at the same time apparently, but then don't just ignore me and talk to eachother, explain.


I don't know why but this post bothers me

Then Marv calls him out and he immediately back tracks

I also think Koshi is suspicious. Where is carefree Koshi? He's so defensive. He also isn't attempting to buddy Rayn which I have seen in all my past games which I'm pretty sure they've both been in them all.



I have so much bleh with this post. He is excited that marv is obviously townie? Except marv is obviously townie in every town game he plays. yeah...

Calls out Seuss, but just says its a bad post and not why, also his view is ALSO wishy washy towards seuss, "Look hard but dont lynch". And the Koshi nonsense. Town koshi buddies rayn? So does scum koshi if he did it in all the recent games. Its just such a bad point. Why are you doing this pandain...
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 29 2013 05:15 GMT
#852
Why would marv lynching clarity make the read any stronger Pandain?
All it does is make marv 'very townie' and not Town.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 29 2013 09:11 GMT
#856
Lol yeah Marv is parroting me but a bit more eloquently.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 29 2013 10:41 GMT
#883
huh actually he did the same kinda thing in this game too.
Randomly made a case on a dude not being talked about at all.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 29 2013 10:45 GMT
#887
Huh.
Yeah that is interesting.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 29 2013 10:50 GMT
#893
Sounds like a scum name. Towns arent addicts.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 29 2013 10:56 GMT
#898
Do we have you twerk your name Marv?
##Twerk marvellosity
Prome are you satisfied with me being town yet?

also everyone who thinks im town please
##Refudiate Oatsmaster
No gg, No skill.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM764
TaKeTV 281
IndyStarCraft 162
TKL 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 317
IndyStarCraft 162
MaxPax 120
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 57
MindelVK 14
RuFF_SC2 1
TKL 0
ZombieGrub0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3455
Shuttle 838
Mini 469
EffOrt 402
Rush 177
Dewaltoss 141
Mind 96
Shinee 78
910 75
Zeus 70
[ Show more ]
hero 59
HiyA 55
Bale 26
sorry 24
JYJ 22
ToSsGirL 19
Sexy 14
zelot 8
Sacsri 7
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5711
qojqva2936
Counter-Strike
fl0m4935
pashabiceps838
Fnx 721
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2377
Other Games
singsing2191
ceh9684
Beastyqt625
Hui .205
XaKoH 132
mouzStarbuck122
Trikslyr78
QueenE60
C9.Mang032
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• Hinosc 0
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie398
• Shiphtur276
• WagamamaTV126
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.