• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:59
CEST 05:59
KST 12:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9308 users

"##" Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 15:44 GMT
#1169
On October 30 2013 00:41 HotCottonCandy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 00:35 marvellosity wrote:
I guess after all I want to lynch into WoS/Pandain today.


What is the cases on them? Pandain has looked flaky but nothing too serious to warrant a lynch.

WoS randomly boosted Seuss who I haven't looked into at all but that seems incredibly weird. I guess that's worth pursuing.


I'm a little weirded out by it honestly. The first time he stuck out his neck for me I was flattered and appreciative, but he's been bringing me up fairly often in a buddy-buddy fashion. The boost, whatever it does, is just the weird icing on the cake.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 15:47 GMT
#1173
On October 30 2013 00:45 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 00:44 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 00:41 HotCottonCandy wrote:
On October 30 2013 00:35 marvellosity wrote:
I guess after all I want to lynch into WoS/Pandain today.


What is the cases on them? Pandain has looked flaky but nothing too serious to warrant a lynch.

WoS randomly boosted Seuss who I haven't looked into at all but that seems incredibly weird. I guess that's worth pursuing.


I'm a little weirded out by it honestly. The first time he stuck out his neck for me I was flattered and appreciative, but he's been bringing me up fairly often in a buddy-buddy fashion. The boost, whatever it does, is just the weird icing on the cake.

You don't know what it is? It's supposed to be super protown.


No, I haven't received a PM or anything to indicate what it does. For all I know it's a placebo.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 15:50 GMT
#1177
My one big qualm with rayn's argument is that he overthinks Wave's OOHCHILD vote. There were several of us on that train, and the primary reason behind it was policy/pressure. I don't think any of us expected to keep our votes there, up until OOHCHILD actually started posting up a storm.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 15:53 GMT
#1185
If Wave had come back to the thread today and kept his vote on OOHCHILD I'd accept the "but he hasn't done anything since" argument more readily, but when he last left the thread everyone was still on the "pressure OOHCHILD" train.

If it gets closer to lynch time and he's still AWOL then I'll feel better about that specific point.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 15:58 GMT
#1192
On October 30 2013 00:54 strongandbig wrote:
should i update koshi? we've collectively powered up everyone else who claimed an in-game power and my faith in TL towns is low enough that I think town probably gets a better deal from powering up everyone than from powering up everyone but one person.



Koshi is particularly obsessed with having his power activated. From my perspective Oatsmaster and marvellosity earned theirs by spending the day primarily working to help the town, and only really pushing for powers later.

It may be that Koshi is just a very excited/excitable townie who really likes his power, but I prefer to remain cautious.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 16:10 GMT
#1199
On October 30 2013 01:06 Promethelax wrote:
Okay so I walked around the block and kicked puppies so I feel a little better now. Reread everything from page fifty and went into some filters.

Suess you should ##Yolo Promethelax


I'm not as certain of you being town as I am marv and Oats. Also, didn't you get the ones you needed earlier? I thought you wanted people to stop after that.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 16:17 GMT
#1202
On October 30 2013 01:16 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 01:10 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 01:06 Promethelax wrote:
Okay so I walked around the block and kicked puppies so I feel a little better now. Reread everything from page fifty and went into some filters.

Suess you should ##Yolo Promethelax


I'm not as certain of you being town as I am marv and Oats. Also, didn't you get the ones you needed earlier? I thought you wanted people to stop after that.


I wrote that before SnB did it. But yes. I did. you should no longer Yolo me.

I also see that WoS is the hot lynch now without my help. So woo!


Well I'm glad I was paying attention.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 16:22 GMT
#1207
On October 30 2013 01:16 Promethelax wrote:
You being less sure of me than Oats is funny as fuck. Explain it.


Part of it is I spent a lot more time looking at Oats because of my initial read, so I'm more familiar/comfortable with him at this point. I'll admit that he gets brownie points for dissecting a post Pandain made which involved an attack on me.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 16:31 GMT
#1210
On October 30 2013 01:24 marvellosity wrote:
Seuss, I want to know who you want to lynch sooner rather than later. You're flapping around.


I'd like to lynch Wave, but I was holding on to my vote because I didn't want to hop on the train when he hasn't had the chance to defend himself. The case against him is pretty strong.

Given that we collectively believe Clarity and OOHCHILD to be bad-town, my next choice would be [UoN]Sentinel. The shenanigans with his power don't sit well with me, and Pandain looks more like he's playing poorly than playing scum.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 16:37 GMT
#1221
On October 30 2013 01:32 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 01:31 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 01:24 marvellosity wrote:
Seuss, I want to know who you want to lynch sooner rather than later. You're flapping around.


I'd like to lynch Wave, but I was holding on to my vote because I didn't want to hop on the train when he hasn't had the chance to defend himself. The case against him is pretty strong.

Given that we collectively believe Clarity and OOHCHILD to be bad-town, my next choice would be [UoN]Sentinel. The shenanigans with his power don't sit well with me, and Pandain looks more like he's playing poorly than playing scum.

Didn't stop you from "pressuring" OOHCHILD did it? Why the difference?


The difference being that I was the third vote on OOHCHILD, which put him in actual range to get lynched. WaveofShadow is set to be lynched with or without my vote at the moment. In both cases I'm using my vote as a tool, in the first case I was sending a message to OOHCHILD and in the second I sent a message to you (specifically, I think it's silly to use Wave's lack of a defense against him when he clearly hasn't been back to the thread since he put his pressure vote on OOHCHILD).
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 16:51 GMT
#1243
On October 30 2013 01:32 Promethelax wrote:
do you individually believe anything?


Plenty, but a lot of it dovetails nicely with what other people are thinking. When I have come out with my own ideas they've generally been ignored or shot down.

I already mentioned that I've found WaveofShadow's buddy act with me weird. His ##Boost fakeout seems very coy and unhelpful, especially as he disappeared from the thread immediately afterward. It's not helpful to intentionally make a post that's supposed to elicit reactions and then disappear.

"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 16:53 GMT
#1246
On October 30 2013 01:49 Promethelax wrote:
find scum > defend self, fool


This is something I've been struggling with this game.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 17:04 GMT
#1265
On October 30 2013 01:57 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 01:53 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 01:49 Promethelax wrote:
find scum > defend self, fool


This is something I've been struggling with this game.

I'm having the opposite problem, I'm finding more people suspicious than usual. Curious that you're struggling to make any better vote than a policy vote.


To elaborate, you guys move a lot faster than I've been prepared for and I've been struggling to keep up. Combined with a fair amount of scrutiny I've spent more than defending myself and reading then hunting scum.

So let me do something important here.

##Encourage marvellosity

Astute eyes probably picked up on the fact that I had a power from one of my most scrutinized posts. At one point I incorrectly assumed that everyone had powers. It's a basic logical step.

I'm counter-claiming WaveofShadow here somewhat. My power adds +1 to a player's vote. Given that Pandain can allegedly nullify someone's vote entirely it's not complete madness to think there are multiple voting powers around, but WaveofShadow's is too close to mine for me to be comfortable with it.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 17:06 GMT
#1269
I left out this:

##Vote WaveofShadow
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 17:08 GMT
#1279
On October 30 2013 02:08 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 02:04 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 01:57 marvellosity wrote:
On October 30 2013 01:53 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 01:49 Promethelax wrote:
find scum > defend self, fool


This is something I've been struggling with this game.

I'm having the opposite problem, I'm finding more people suspicious than usual. Curious that you're struggling to make any better vote than a policy vote.


To elaborate, you guys move a lot faster than I've been prepared for and I've been struggling to keep up. Combined with a fair amount of scrutiny I've spent more than defending myself and reading then hunting scum.

So let me do something important here.

##Encourage marvellosity

Astute eyes probably picked up on the fact that I had a power from one of my most scrutinized posts. At one point I incorrectly assumed that everyone had powers. It's a basic logical step.

I'm counter-claiming WaveofShadow here somewhat. My power adds +1 to a player's vote. Given that Pandain can allegedly nullify someone's vote entirely it's not complete madness to think there are multiple voting powers around, but WaveofShadow's is too close to mine for me to be comfortable with it.

Will it show up immediately in a votecount if I vote? If you don't know, could you clarify asap please?


It only shows up in the final tally when all voting is over.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 17:10 GMT
#1285
On October 30 2013 02:09 marvellosity wrote:
I can't believe Seuss and Wave are both town with the same power. We need to decide between them.


I should clarify, I have a second power exclusive with the first.

I can also ##Discourage Player to reduce their vote value by 1. I have to alternate between them (as in, all even days are one, and all odd days are the other), but I can skip a day if I like.

Whichever one I'm using at the end of the day determines the pattern.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 17:11 GMT
#1286
When I say "the day" I mean today.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 17:12 GMT
#1289
On October 30 2013 02:12 marvellosity wrote:
So apparently I have 3 votes today.

No pressure then.


Vote early and often, it's the American way.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 17:14 GMT
#1294
On October 30 2013 02:12 Promethelax wrote:
so pandain has the neg role
suess has the 50/50 role
WoS has the pos role

they could all be town based on the roles...


We can put this all to the test so long as Pandain uses his power on someone who isn't voting for whoever marv is voting for.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 17:16 GMT
#1302
On October 30 2013 02:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh ok so i was right, his role isn't the same as mine.
Whatever, vote on myself stands.
See yall and good luck. I don't feel guilty about my play this game whatsoever like I did in Persona when I got mislynched. If you lynch me here it's on your heads, not mine.


Wave why.

I'm in the middle of drawing up a case to lynch Sentinel so we can test all our voting powers and verify that, in fact, all three of us at least have the powers we say we have. This isn't helping. v.v
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 1m
INu's Battles
8h 1m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 1m
Replay Cast
19h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.