• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:24
CEST 07:24
KST 14:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8057 users

"##" Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:02 GMT
#282
On October 28 2013 06:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 06:50 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Yeah sure why not. I do like to twerk, and I'd rather cater to marv than koshi, who seems to have disappeared.

wtf is this reasoning?


KOSHI DIDN'T ANSWER WHAT UPDATE DOES.

marv at least left it ambiguously pleasant.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:02 GMT
#283
On October 28 2013 06:57 Koshi wrote:
[UoN]Sentinel How many times can you use your ability?


Just the once.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:05 GMT
#286
On October 28 2013 07:04 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 07:02 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On October 28 2013 06:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 28 2013 06:50 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Yeah sure why not. I do like to twerk, and I'd rather cater to marv than koshi, who seems to have disappeared.

wtf is this reasoning?


KOSHI DIDN'T ANSWER WHAT UPDATE DOES.

marv at least left it ambiguously pleasant.

I told rayn it does magic.


I meant what I get out of it -__- my bad
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:05 GMT
#287
On October 28 2013 07:04 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 07:02 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On October 28 2013 06:57 Koshi wrote:
[UoN]Sentinel How many times can you use your ability?


Just the once.

In the entire game?


Oui. Making it more than once would be tedious and overpowered.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:09 GMT
#293
On October 28 2013 07:07 Koshi wrote:
Are you allowed to count down? Or only the 15?


I am not. I am only allowed to ##15 and encourage others to continue the count.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:09 GMT
#295
On October 28 2013 07:08 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 07:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Let's do this Sentinel thing and see what it does. :D
#13

##12

Sentinel would you like multiple people to do it or can rayn and I power you up?


Either one's fine, a countdown's a countdown!
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:10 GMT
#298
On October 28 2013 07:09 Koshi wrote:
Also ##Update Koshi is a thing guys!


Well as the old saying goes, if you tickle my scrotum I shall tickle yours in return.

##Update Koshi
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:13 GMT
#304
You guys are just charging it up, I have to activate it in the end.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:20 GMT
#320
I have to PM the countdown to the hosts to make sure there are no shenanigans in counting pattern, one sec
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:21 GMT
#322
##0

#yolo
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 22:23 GMT
#326
I wonder if the hosts got my message. Don't want to give away my power if the countdown duds because something was wrong with the sequencing. Knowing the hosts, someone should be up and attending this game, but they might be asleep.

We'll see.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 27 2013 23:40 GMT
#354
No idea if hosts are away/busy or something wasn't sent in properly. I'm hoping it's the first.

I don't think Pandain's doing anything serious, just pressuring for information. Otherwise it looks like a really shitty self-justifying case.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 28 2013 00:39 GMT
#369
Refudiate?

...Repudiate?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 28 2013 01:02 GMT
#373
I'm actually a big fan of the word "misunderestimate".

Maybe this says something about Oats's role?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 28 2013 14:59 GMT
#666
Phone posting from school, up to page 30

Here is what I can say right now

I've been pretty casual this whole game, down to making puns before game start. My absence is a combination of sleep and my phone freezing.

I already breadcrumbed everything I know about my power, but I still want to figure out where the hosts are before making a decision.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 28 2013 20:53 GMT
#757
I don't understand the suspicion on Koshi, to me it looks like a carbon copy of his play as town in Noir. Maybe a shade more reserved, but still relatively casual, low-content posts. All that's left is him blindly tunneling someone.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 28 2013 21:09 GMT
#762
On October 29 2013 05:59 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 05:10 Pandain wrote:
On October 28 2013 23:29 Seuss wrote:
On October 28 2013 22:44 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hai marv.
I can talk about Prome for just a little bit atm if you'd like, but I'm nor sure how long I'll be around so we won't be able to pick each other's brains as per usual. What exactly were you saving up regarding your townread of him to tell me?

Oh and regarding Seuss (monte it's so weird to call you that) he seems pretty town to me. Like he said I coached him and his behaviour falls pretty in line with his last newbie, as well as what you determined to be him rolefishing. I give him the WaveofShadow newbie stamp of approval for now, though I would really like to hear some reads from him, as I know he is pretty capable of good analysis with way less to work with than has been posted in this thread.


Yay stamp of approval.

Now that I'm not distracted by marv here are my current thoughts.

Promethelax: Probably town. When I, an unknown entity, entered the thread his first response was to solicit my opinion in a neutral way, and keep drawing more information from me regarding my mindset. This was good, pro-town play, as it lets him and everyone else get the chance to form a read on me. In general I'd call him inquisitive, he likes poking where there's gaps in information. He's been a bit more confrontational with some of the other posters, but confrontational isn't inherently anti-town. Without him we'd probably know a lot less right now. I can get why people would find his "I can't meta Pandain" and apparent lack of scum reads concerning, but on the whole I think he's clearly town.

strongandbig: No idea, but unless he starts posting a crapton before the voting deadline I think we're better off pursuing someone else. We stand to learn absolutely nothing by lynching him, though applying pressure might help loosen his tongue.

Oatsmaster: Maybe scum. There's still a lot of "if so-and-so is Y, so-and-so #2 is X" without an explanation of the logic. I don't think it makes sense for him to give marv a pass for not talking about who he doesn't want to talk about, but not give Promethelax a similar pass for not following up where he doesn't want to follow up. He says he's made a strong case but you have to go back through about 30 posts and pick it up in bits and pieces, which is time consuming and not all that convincing. I realize this may just be his posting style and "meta" or whatever, but I find it obfuscates information more than I'd like.

You guys move faster than I can analyze and parse. Waugh.



Very poor post, list format instead of comprehensive. Also what is the middle paragraph which is a basic "I don't know."


Also his other posts are really wishy-washy and constantly changing.

I do think he's worth looking out for though shouldn't be a lynch target today.


I don't think you should find my middle paragraph so surprising, I was just following up on an earlier post of mine:

Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 13:28 Seuss wrote:
That said, what was with strongandbig's Vanilla Town claim? He just appeared, claimed, and disappeared. Is this another "that's just strongandbig" thing?


Which was completely ignored, but probably with good reason as other interesting conversations were happening at the time and, admittedly, there's not much going on here. I was struggling with the whole "meta" thing a bit at the time because I'd been rebuffed fairly dismissively on "meta" ground for being suspicious of Oatsmaster.

You say I was bullshitting, but I had very clear goals when I made that post: Give my strongest town read, my strongest scum read, and follow up briefly on the only independent post I made. Was there anything wrong with my other two reads beyond being in list format?

As a final, somewhat unrelated question, what is this "comprehensive" format you're talking about (as far as I can tell it's basically list format without colons), and why is it better?


I'd assume devoting a post to each person and using specific evidence to advance your argument.

On October 29 2013 06:02 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 05:53 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
I don't understand the suspicion on Koshi, to me it looks like a carbon copy of his play as town in Noir. Maybe a shade more reserved, but still relatively casual, low-content posts. All that's left is him blindly tunneling someone.

Anything else? When does your power kick in?


I have said everything I need to say about the power. Patience, my son.

HotCottonCandy are you a smurf? Your lack of meta irks me.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 28 2013 21:42 GMT
#780
On October 29 2013 06:40 Promethelax wrote:
"Test"

Pop quiz: who am I quoting?


That reminds me, where did oohchild go?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 28 2013 21:45 GMT
#783
On October 28 2013 16:32 OOHCHILD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 16:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 28 2013 15:57 OOHCHILD wrote:
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I have an important question for those who have not yet fully claimed.
Could your power belong to either town or mafia? Mine could.

I would like to ask a counter-questions (which should answer yours aswell).
What would be a role that could not possibly be a role for both alignments?
Also why is this so important?

After I answer you, this conversation is done as far as I am concerned. Just know that you should not expect me to answer any follow up questions you have.

Show nested quote +
What would be a role that could not possibly be a role for both alignments?

I don't know.

Show nested quote +
Also why is this so important?

I do not trust you to understand this complicated idea, so I am not going to waste my time trying to explain it.

Nice to meet you Raynpelikoneet. Your name sounds like it belongs to a species of beautiful, tropical parrot!


This is his one post of content and it delivers nothing to the game.

I'm leaving for swim practice, I'll leave my vote on this one for the evening and hope he comes back
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 29 2013 02:02 GMT
#843
On October 29 2013 08:20 HotCottonCandy wrote:
@sentinel yes I'm a smurf but lets be honest here I am not using meta against anyone so it's not like I have a leg up. I'm simply pressuring you for your actions so far. Could you give me some scumreads or something that bothers you or anything?

I don't really have a problem with cleaning out the rifraff either and I'll gladly vote for OOHCHILD. it's essentially a random lynch with a bias towards someone being intentionally useless and I have no qualms about that.

sadface to koshi's list, pretty contentless bar a few people like WaveofShadow and Seuss. Decent enough I guess.

@Pandain I have a hard time believing you could make cases and write in detail yesterday while on meds. Seems like a strange excuse but whatever. Not here to judge on that kind of stuff but if it comes down to the wire it certainly wont help you.


I'll post some reads in the morning.

My vote on OOHCHILD isn't just because he's a lurker, but because he was actually really active until the day started. I wouldn't have a hard time believing he's a new mafia who doesn't know what to do.

If he were a blue I'd feel he'd be more floaty-in-the-background, like Chairman Ray in Noir.

On October 29 2013 08:53 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 05:53 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
I don't understand the suspicion on Koshi, to me it looks like a carbon copy of his play as town in Noir. Maybe a shade more reserved, but still relatively casual, low-content posts. All that's left is him blindly tunneling someone.

It's interesting that you should bring this up - I gave koshi a contentious (contentious to me, because I felt like I was going out on a limb) townread, because I couldn't believe that Koshi would be *so* passive as mafia. And I was right. The problem is that this game feels somewhere in between, where he's not *as* passive as he was in Noir, rather just wishy washy and non-committal while perhaps trying not to look like that. It all comes down to degrees and interpretation, and my interpretation was that it wasn't the same and that it's somewhat suspicious.


IIRC he was shot in Thug Life for being too not-passive and he flipped cop. Maybe he's trying to compromise somehow? Not a fully evidenced townread, but nothing out of the ordinary in my eyes.

On October 29 2013 09:25 marvellosity wrote:
Oh I forgot.
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 06:09 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
I have said everything I need to say about the power. Patience, my son.

Unless I missed it, you told us the power would go off when the countdown reached zero, which it has. So what gives? What's the state of play? If you're not sure, ask the hosts. I want to know.


The hosts have told me that everything is going as planned and that my power has been accounted for. I have said everything I need to say about the power. Patience, my son.

Sleepytime
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 651
Hyuk 470
Leta 105
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
League of Legends
JimRising 732
Other Games
summit1g9396
WinterStarcraft472
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick972
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2260
League of Legends
• Rush1318
• Lourlo1098
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 37m
INu's Battles
6h 37m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 37m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 37m
Replay Cast
17h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.