• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:07
CEST 16:07
KST 23:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10776 users

Golden Sun: The Broken Seal Mini Mafia - Page 88

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 216 Next
Old Partner
Profile Joined September 2013
United States274 Posts
September 14 2013 22:42 GMT
#1741
On September 15 2013 07:41 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2013 07:40 Old Partner wrote:
Now I know you guys all want to lynch me, since another survivor has flipped. BUT, I THiNK THERE arE THINGS ABOUT THAT FLIp THAT MAKE ME LOOK GOOD.

1) how would I know that survivors are two-shot hiders unless I too was a survivor?
2) all the arguments about why I'm survivor and not scum STILL APPLY

IN FACT, my suspicion on WoS WAS GOOD. He wasn't a townie! AND I FIGUrED THAT OUT. I should get credit for that at least!

You should have picked another fake role provided by the hosts

##vote: Old Partner


Why the dicks would hosts provide a survivor role to scum when there's already a survivor in the game? That would be like bastard host tier.

Look, at least admit there's a CHANCE I am who I say I am. There is, isn't there?
For better or for worse, things had changed.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 14 2013 22:43 GMT
#1742
On September 15 2013 07:41 Umasi wrote:
upon cursory glance at wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Golden_Sun_characters) and ctrl-f ing 'captain'
it doesn't exist.

Doesn't matter, the fact that he got the "hide" right it means that it is a fake role provided by the hosts or he is indeed the survivor.

He didn't make up the entire role.
I had a good night of sleep.
Old Partner
Profile Joined September 2013
United States274 Posts
September 14 2013 22:43 GMT
#1743
On September 15 2013 07:41 Umasi wrote:
upon cursory glance at wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Golden_Sun_characters) and ctrl-f ing 'captain'
it doesn't exist.


OK 1) why wouldn't you bring this up earlier
2) how the dicks am I supposed to know, I haven't played the golden sun. If I were going to construct my own fakeclaim i'd probably use something from wikipedia or something right?

In fact, the fact that it's not on wikipedia is evidence that my claim is legit! A fakeclaimer would use something obviously from the game.
For better or for worse, things had changed.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 14 2013 22:43 GMT
#1744
On September 15 2013 07:42 Old Partner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2013 07:41 Koshi wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:40 Old Partner wrote:
Now I know you guys all want to lynch me, since another survivor has flipped. BUT, I THiNK THERE arE THINGS ABOUT THAT FLIp THAT MAKE ME LOOK GOOD.

1) how would I know that survivors are two-shot hiders unless I too was a survivor?
2) all the arguments about why I'm survivor and not scum STILL APPLY

IN FACT, my suspicion on WoS WAS GOOD. He wasn't a townie! AND I FIGUrED THAT OUT. I should get credit for that at least!

You should have picked another fake role provided by the hosts

##vote: Old Partner


Why the dicks would hosts provide a survivor role to scum when there's already a survivor in the game? That would be like bastard host tier.

Look, at least admit there's a CHANCE I am who I say I am. There is, isn't there?

1%

2 survivors could be but then there is no SK

And I tell you this:

WoS was not killed by scummers. Unless some sick bluehunting was going on.
I had a good night of sleep.
Old Partner
Profile Joined September 2013
United States274 Posts
September 14 2013 22:44 GMT
#1745
On September 15 2013 07:43 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2013 07:41 Umasi wrote:
upon cursory glance at wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Golden_Sun_characters) and ctrl-f ing 'captain'
it doesn't exist.

Doesn't matter, the fact that he got the "hide" right it means that it is a fake role provided by the hosts or he is indeed the survivor.

He didn't make up the entire role.


this logic is sound. The 2-shot hiding ability means that there are only two possibilities

1) I am who I say I am
2) I got the role from the hosts

there's no chance (or at least an unbelievably slim chance, one not worth mentioning) that I made up the role PM on my own AND happened to make it up to be a 2-shot hider.
For better or for worse, things had changed.
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
September 14 2013 22:45 GMT
#1746
On September 15 2013 07:43 Old Partner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2013 07:41 Umasi wrote:
upon cursory glance at wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Golden_Sun_characters) and ctrl-f ing 'captain'
it doesn't exist.


OK 1) why wouldn't you bring this up earlier
2) how the dicks am I supposed to know, I haven't played the golden sun. If I were going to construct my own fakeclaim i'd probably use something from wikipedia or something right?

In fact, the fact that it's not on wikipedia is evidence that my claim is legit! A fakeclaimer would use something obviously from the game.


presumably you were provided with fakeclaims, and I had no reason to disbelieve your claim up to this point!
Until now, obviously.
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
September 14 2013 22:45 GMT
#1747
On September 15 2013 07:43 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2013 07:42 Old Partner wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:41 Koshi wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:40 Old Partner wrote:
Now I know you guys all want to lynch me, since another survivor has flipped. BUT, I THiNK THERE arE THINGS ABOUT THAT FLIp THAT MAKE ME LOOK GOOD.

1) how would I know that survivors are two-shot hiders unless I too was a survivor?
2) all the arguments about why I'm survivor and not scum STILL APPLY

IN FACT, my suspicion on WoS WAS GOOD. He wasn't a townie! AND I FIGUrED THAT OUT. I should get credit for that at least!

You should have picked another fake role provided by the hosts

##vote: Old Partner


Why the dicks would hosts provide a survivor role to scum when there's already a survivor in the game? That would be like bastard host tier.

Look, at least admit there's a CHANCE I am who I say I am. There is, isn't there?

1%

2 survivors could be but then there is no SK

And I tell you this:

WoS was not killed by scummers. Unless some sick bluehunting was going on.

What player do you think would kill WoS? I would think it's somebody who he's confident at reading and I don't know who that is in this game.
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
September 14 2013 22:46 GMT
#1748
holy shit vultures super kickass.
sorry about that I got excited.

it feels ridiculous that there would be two survivors. If there are, I'll eat my hat.
I don't even own a fucking hat. I'll go out to a store, buy a nice $20-25 hat, and eat it.
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
September 14 2013 22:46 GMT
#1749
I'm just going to ignore BH, he's the lynch for the day. the chance of 2 survivors combined with his play this game makes it a 99.99% chance he is a baddie. We can still do some scumhunting aside from him.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 14 2013 22:48 GMT
#1750
On September 15 2013 07:45 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2013 07:43 Koshi wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:42 Old Partner wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:41 Koshi wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:40 Old Partner wrote:
Now I know you guys all want to lynch me, since another survivor has flipped. BUT, I THiNK THERE arE THINGS ABOUT THAT FLIp THAT MAKE ME LOOK GOOD.

1) how would I know that survivors are two-shot hiders unless I too was a survivor?
2) all the arguments about why I'm survivor and not scum STILL APPLY

IN FACT, my suspicion on WoS WAS GOOD. He wasn't a townie! AND I FIGUrED THAT OUT. I should get credit for that at least!

You should have picked another fake role provided by the hosts

##vote: Old Partner


Why the dicks would hosts provide a survivor role to scum when there's already a survivor in the game? That would be like bastard host tier.

Look, at least admit there's a CHANCE I am who I say I am. There is, isn't there?

1%

2 survivors could be but then there is no SK

And I tell you this:

WoS was not killed by scummers. Unless some sick bluehunting was going on.

What player do you think would kill WoS? I would think it's somebody who he's confident at reading and I don't know who that is in this game.

2 options:
1) SK that doesn't care and snipes out WoS because WoS likely wasn't scum. But also wasn't scumhunting. SK wants a good balance.
2) Scumteam that thought that WoS was blue.

The first is way more likely.
I had a good night of sleep.
Old Partner
Profile Joined September 2013
United States274 Posts
September 14 2013 22:48 GMT
#1751
On September 15 2013 07:43 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2013 07:42 Old Partner wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:41 Koshi wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:40 Old Partner wrote:
Now I know you guys all want to lynch me, since another survivor has flipped. BUT, I THiNK THERE arE THINGS ABOUT THAT FLIp THAT MAKE ME LOOK GOOD.

1) how would I know that survivors are two-shot hiders unless I too was a survivor?
2) all the arguments about why I'm survivor and not scum STILL APPLY

IN FACT, my suspicion on WoS WAS GOOD. He wasn't a townie! AND I FIGUrED THAT OUT. I should get credit for that at least!

You should have picked another fake role provided by the hosts

##vote: Old Partner


Why the dicks would hosts provide a survivor role to scum when there's already a survivor in the game? That would be like bastard host tier.

Look, at least admit there's a CHANCE I am who I say I am. There is, isn't there?

1%

2 survivors could be but then there is no SK

And I tell you this:

WoS was not killed by scummers. Unless some sick bluehunting was going on.


Far be it from me to speculate about night actions, but I'm betting WoS WAS killed by scummers. The reason I say this is that he got killed N1. If you are a 2-shot hiding survivor, and you're telling the truth about being AFK for like 30 hours or whatever during N1, you would sure as hell decide to ##hide because of the possibility of being vigied. The only way he could be dead is that scum hid their roleblock under him. They RBed him, cancelling his hide, and shot him.

The other possibility is an SK has a "always works" night kill, and I guess WoS wasn't exactly a town leader, which makes scum less likely to shoot him.

However, I could see WoS as a bluesnipe. He was acting strangely-- strangely enough that I noticed, for example, and if you're scum and you see someone acting strange, you dont' think "scum"-- you think "blue"

For better or for worse, things had changed.
Old Partner
Profile Joined September 2013
United States274 Posts
September 14 2013 22:49 GMT
#1752
On September 15 2013 07:48 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2013 07:45 Grackaroni wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:43 Koshi wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:42 Old Partner wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:41 Koshi wrote:
On September 15 2013 07:40 Old Partner wrote:
Now I know you guys all want to lynch me, since another survivor has flipped. BUT, I THiNK THERE arE THINGS ABOUT THAT FLIp THAT MAKE ME LOOK GOOD.

1) how would I know that survivors are two-shot hiders unless I too was a survivor?
2) all the arguments about why I'm survivor and not scum STILL APPLY

IN FACT, my suspicion on WoS WAS GOOD. He wasn't a townie! AND I FIGUrED THAT OUT. I should get credit for that at least!

You should have picked another fake role provided by the hosts

##vote: Old Partner


Why the dicks would hosts provide a survivor role to scum when there's already a survivor in the game? That would be like bastard host tier.

Look, at least admit there's a CHANCE I am who I say I am. There is, isn't there?

1%

2 survivors could be but then there is no SK

And I tell you this:

WoS was not killed by scummers. Unless some sick bluehunting was going on.

What player do you think would kill WoS? I would think it's somebody who he's confident at reading and I don't know who that is in this game.

2 options:
1) SK that doesn't care and snipes out WoS because WoS likely wasn't scum. But also wasn't scumhunting. SK wants a good balance.
2) Scumteam that thought that WoS was blue.

The first is way more likely.


Only if you don't factor in the idea that WoS probably ##hided last night. Then you're comparing the relative likelihoods of SK having protection-piercing bullets (reasonably common) or scum having an RB (very common) and using it on him.

Not that it matters a huge amount to me. I need to write the mother of all cases to not get lynched today.
For better or for worse, things had changed.
Old Partner
Profile Joined September 2013
United States274 Posts
September 14 2013 22:51 GMT
#1753
On September 15 2013 07:46 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm just going to ignore BH, he's the lynch for the day. the chance of 2 survivors combined with his play this game makes it a 99.99% chance he is a baddie. We can still do some scumhunting aside from him.


Ok Grack ignoring me is not the right move here. How about this: you're not obligated to unvote me. Maybe you think there really is only a one in ten thousand chance that ShiaoPi put two survivors in this game. I think the chance is somewhat higher in general, but maybe you think that.

Still, my goal here is to write a case so good that it convinces people not to lynch a 2nd survivor claim. Surely you can see why something like that is worth reading, even if it's not worth unvoting me?
For better or for worse, things had changed.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 14 2013 22:53 GMT
#1754
What happens when it is 6 town vs 4 scum vs 2 survivors.

Does scum win then?
I had a good night of sleep.
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
September 14 2013 22:54 GMT
#1755
why would they?
scum doesn't control the vote, and that's normally the wincon.
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 14 2013 22:55 GMT
#1756
Because that would mean that 2 misslynches means town lose.

Also:

On September 01 2013 06:30 ShiaoPi wrote:
Setup Information


This game has a CLOSED setup. It is a "normal" game though. So no worries about "bastard" hosting.

No bastard hosting!!!
I had a good night of sleep.
Old Partner
Profile Joined September 2013
United States274 Posts
September 14 2013 22:55 GMT
#1757
On September 15 2013 07:54 Umasi wrote:
why would they?
scum doesn't control the vote, and that's normally the wincon.


the wincon this game it's different. it's "outnumber townspeople"

in 6 - 2 - 4, scum doesn't win since there are 6 townspeople and 4 scum.
For better or for worse, things had changed.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 14 2013 22:55 GMT
#1758
On September 15 2013 07:54 Umasi wrote:
why would they?
scum doesn't control the vote, and that's normally the wincon.

Yeah true I guess.
I had a good night of sleep.
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
September 14 2013 22:56 GMT
#1759
I thought bastard hosting had to do with flip information.
even in a semi-closed setup, the town could theoretically all be vigilantes.
I'm bad at setup speculation though, so I'll be quiet :|
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
Old Partner
Profile Joined September 2013
United States274 Posts
September 14 2013 22:57 GMT
#1760
On September 15 2013 07:55 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2013 07:54 Umasi wrote:
why would they?
scum doesn't control the vote, and that's normally the wincon.

Yeah true I guess.


scum can win a little earlier without controlling the vote. for example:

1-2-2
in this case, with 1 townsperson, 2 survivors, and 2 scum, scum does not control the vote, but they win because they outnumber the townspeople.
For better or for worse, things had changed.
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 216 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 294
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 294
mouzHeroMarine 260
ProTech144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40478
Bisu 2915
Shuttle 1668
Hyuk 1610
Mini 717
EffOrt 656
Larva 450
Soma 324
firebathero 239
ZerO 208
[ Show more ]
hero 130
Last 98
Zeus 69
Pusan 54
Sexy 54
Killer 53
Hyun 53
Trap 37
Mong 36
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 30
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 25
PianO 25
sorry 24
zelot 16
Rock 13
yabsab 13
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6855
qojqva1545
Dendi976
Counter-Strike
fl0m1237
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1287
crisheroes1020
Liquid`Hasu476
Lowko420
Other Games
gofns43565
singsing2616
B2W.Neo1364
DeMusliM272
Livibee175
Hui .146
Liquid`VortiX145
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King83
KnowMe31
elazer27
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)14
Beastyqt1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6731
League of Legends
• Jankos1901
Other Games
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 53m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 53m
INu's Battles
21h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.