• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:50
CEST 04:50
KST 11:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7853 users

Desert Mini Mafia - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 11:04 GMT
#2865
On September 12 2013 20:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't think he would go on with it in the first place. If he would he would be more willing to explain what he thinks and why instead of just calling me bad first, calling me bad after that, and then suddenly say "you are town so stfu". That's something mafia!Oats does not do, he does not go on calling people who "he does not think are scum" bad for "bad logic". I mean, the thing went on too long for Oats to be scum.


I'm worried now you've explained this he may start incorporating this into his mafia play.

Oats is kinda tricksy like that :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 11:10 GMT
#2867
yeah I can read him that late, it's more early i'm worried about ;;
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 11:38 GMT
#2869
Or you could just try playing properly, that would help
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 11:50 GMT
#2877
On September 12 2013 20:42 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 20:38 marvellosity wrote:
Or you could just try playing properly, that would help

Define "properly". Attacking people for not posting? Defending myself from people saying I'm not talking enough? I find it all utterly pointless. I don't enjoy repeating the same Day 1 arguments game after game and being accused of being scum for my opinions that are completely non-alignment indicative.


your few posts that you made were pretty laughable.

when you get lynched as town, you can either shout at half the town for lynching you, or realise that you made yourself exceedingly lynchable by how you played

up to you

i always find a good question to ask about playstyle is "if everyone played in a similar style to me, what would happen?" - in this case if the entire town lurked and said shit, then the game would break and nothing would work. Whereas most people will try and produce content, and that's what any town needs to function.

You're basically arguing that you should be a special case because you don't like day 1s.

No.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 11:55 GMT
#2880
Towns will lynch players like you on d1 for all eternity.

Which is why it's a townie's responsibility to not play badly.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 11:59 GMT
#2882
Then why are you arguing you were a bad lynch?

I mean obviously you weren't a great lynch because you were town, but as Day 1s go it was a pretty standard lynch. Lynch some useless dude saying weird things, maybe he'll flip mafia, maybe he won't.

In so many games recently people keep saying "this d1 lynch was terrible" when really they're quite normal to go down like this.

A terrible day 1 lynch is when you lynch someone who you can think about and say they had some clear towntells
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 12:36 GMT
#2891
On September 12 2013 21:32 Dandel Ion wrote:
I PM'd him after his dead-posts and told him to stfu.

And if I say I'll replace/modkill him, I'll replace/modkill him.
Have you heard me say anything different? No.
Until you do, you should play under the assumption that he's gone.
You didn't listen to what I explicitly said, your fault. You plan your all-in on a dead guy, your fault.


We were setting up slam/sn0 long before slam decided not to vote on day 2, to be fair.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 12:41 GMT
#2895
On September 12 2013 21:39 Dandel Ion wrote:
That's fine, but continuing to set him up after he failed to vote was a poor decision, and I just want to emphasise that it was your guys' fuck up, not mine.


Generally speaking (and you obviously have a different philosophy, not gonna comment on right/wrong) I think modkills should be an absolute last resort, especially when it directly affects the gameplay. Given Slam was ready to carry on posting, I think letting him carry on was the best decision for not affecting the game.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 12:44 GMT
#2896
Him proceeding to get himself banned from TL notwithstanding ;p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-12 12:55:58
September 12 2013 12:55 GMT
#2902
On September 12 2013 21:53 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 21:51 Clarity_nl wrote:
I was actually very curious about the "I'm just looking at hapa and marv today" approach.
People jumped on it as terrible straight away but I thought it had some merit to it.

Of course it did. If I accurately figure out those two every game, it's likely that we win the game.


It is kinda weird. Because on TL I invariably tend to lynch lurkers who I think are scummy on day 1, sometimes with success, sometimes not.

Over on OMGUS where the player pool is smaller, the strongest players have (to me at least) clear tells in their meta. So when I play there and I'm town, I basically spend my time on Day 1 trying to figure out the alignments of the 2-3 strong players in the game.

The problem with lynching me on day 1 in general is that people tend to find me more suspicious when I'm town, so the numbers don't add up.

Especially lately when I'm lazy/busy, waiting for me to slack off and/or not try to solve the game is when you're gonna get your real tells on me.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 13:02 GMT
#2906
On September 12 2013 22:01 yamato77 wrote:
It should have been telling to me that Marv chose to argue that I was wrong about Hapa more than that I was wrong about him, lol.


no, that shouldn't be telling.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 12 2013 13:43 GMT
#2909
On September 12 2013 22:35 iamperfection wrote:
I'm disappointed. You guys had a very good chance to give marv another scum loss and you failed.


You just want there to be one other person who's played mafia with me and lost, don't you?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 13 2013 10:43 GMT
#2965
I already talked to rayn in PMs about his claims, nothing much else to say about it here.

From a gameplay perspective, I chose to shoot debears on night 1 simply because he was mostly on the right track. I could feel his paranoia of me, and he was suspicious of Sylencia and Onegu (iirc).

It was a rather large mistake of mine to miss his crumb, wasn't paying enough attention.

On day 2, the main task (from my POV) was to bury thrawn's pretty good case on Onegu. Fortunately town was chaotic enough and Onegu played decently enough that the case just kinda went away somehow.

Shot sciberbia night 2 because although he was mostly on the wrong track, he was looking very townie. Hapa was under quite a bit of pressure as well, and wasn't suspicious of me, so it was good to leave him alive. Funnily enough, the fact I roleblocked sciberbia and stopped him shooting a townie (yamato) ended up being a significant benefit to mafia.

Personally, the game was already tiring me out through day 2, but I was ready to do one last big effort on day 3 to secure one of slam/sn0. When Slam got modkilled, everything changed, and I just couldn't summon up the energy to make another big effort, so I just gave up basically.

Probably my next towngames will have quite a bit less posting than what I did here as mafia for the first cycle or two :/
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 13 2013 13:50 GMT
#2968
yeah the water stuff was kinda fun really.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 07 2013 16:08 GMT
#2977
stop bumping my mafia victories guise
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 13 14 15 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 125
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1920
GuemChi 1486
Artosis 660
910 76
Bale 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
febbydoto19
Counter-Strike
taco 585
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox411
Other Games
summit1g7352
Doublelift1925
JimRising 590
C9.Mang0362
Day[9].tv316
PiGStarcraft248
Maynarde110
WinterStarcraft46
CosmosSc2 22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick984
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv316
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 10m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 10m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 10m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.