• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:51
CEST 04:51
KST 11:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6735 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 03:15 GMT
#4644
On September 11 2013 12:13 WaveofShadow wrote:
Terrible call for town to lynch Axle yesterday imo.
Were you guys too afraid to lynch one of us and buy time in case we were unlynchable or something?
It's like VE and I were not even an option! (Thanks for that btw Cheese )
I wanted to lynch you so bad just to see, but normally when I'm scum I end up yelling at 3Ps too much and trying to get them lynched.

This time I figured I'd cut back, but still try to push you or Hiro, and I 100% didn't trust either you or VE to be neutral survivors. I also was the guy who pushed for our team to shoot Risen, cuz he'd played protown for a day and I didn't think we could trust him to stay neutral and uninvolved.

We shot either 3 or 4 of the 3Ps, can't remember if we actually shot at you N1 or not.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 03:23 GMT
#4654
Wtf QTs. So much rage. VE/WoS are buddy buddy and just trying to plot how NOT to get killed, WoS/Axle fighting, and fighting in obs QT.

Urrbody needs to smile and hug it out.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 03:34 GMT
#4660
On September 11 2013 12:30 Clarity_nl wrote:
Hell, if austin was more of a man we STILL woulda lynched debears, with like 5 scum on him LOL.
Maaaaaaaaaaan. Wussy and paranoid scum play has led me to wins. I can't give up on it.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 03:45 GMT
#4675
I think it's just very, very, very difficult to make any kind of plan involving other people in one of these games. There are way too many unknown town AND scum powers out there, and people revive/send you to other threads/roleblock the ENTIRE GAME/etc. It's the source of all my paranoia in these big games, and especially as scum, where your whole game is one giant plan with a bunch of moving parts.

Cephiro had so many pieces to what he was trying to do, and had the disadvantage of having a plan to try and get reads on people that didn't look super townie in the first place, and might not go about looking super townie even if they cooperated.

Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 03:47 GMT
#4679
On September 11 2013 12:46 VayneAuthority wrote:
did anyone else fakeclaim in this game btw? Thought we would see a lot more of that in a game where roles can be anything but looks like im the only one that made up some bullshit power lolol
cheese halfway fakeclaimed in closed casket, but there wasn't that much of it, turns out.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 03:49 GMT
#4685
Axle did MORE than just tunnel WoS.

Axle was the towniest poster at the end of D3. Risen was arguing for scum doublebus, hiro was part-arguing for that as well, Axle was just kind of sensibly pointing some stuff out and posting not in his usual style (at least as I remember the end of that day going).

He was maybe doing some voting plan D1, occasionally questioning people, everyone seemed to forget about the rest of the game whenever anyone did a single noticeable thing.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 03:57 GMT
#4691
On September 11 2013 12:54 Clarity_nl wrote:
Yeah I was actually pretty frustrated with the scumteam day 2 cause it was basically only me and cheese who had any presence in the thread. They picked it up though

I defended OO so hard and no one even questioned me about it afterwards =/
People forgot to scumhunt, lol. Austin claims cell leader and people are like "well it's a claim, that's fine"
Yeah....I played like butt for more than 48 hours.

Sorry for early play, scumteam, especially D2.

I was in QT, kept saying I'd post, and either rl would pop up or I'd just get demotivated.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 04:07 GMT
#4696
I checked Pick Your Poison, but given that we couldn't overload a world with mafia, there were 1-2 poisons that looked like town could choose them and be okay.

Death Factory sounded like fun but way way way too much work for you guys, and I feel like you would have had to alter it so much. Did you have a plan for that one like a shrunken board or powers translating over? Would there have been items?

Never actually read World at War, gotta go check that one.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 04:20 GMT
#4702
Oh, who's had the null talisman all this time? So much talk about it D1, did it ever exist? Did anyone get it?
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 14:07 GMT
#4770
On September 11 2013 21:41 Stutters695 wrote:
Well when I first got added I figured a scum sleeper was possible, but you definitely had me convinced otherwise Austin.

Probably should have pieced together that such an exploitable role wouldn't exist but with your night post about how cakepie would be scum if x happened, I figured it had something of a DT type role and that sold me on the validity of it.


Does anyone have any advice for managing the work-load of reading a big game? Every time I play in one it's so hard to catch up after not being in thread for a bit. Then by the time I read that and had some thoughts ready some crazy new thing went down and I had to reread. Wasn't even really sure where to start with scumhunting except my gut in a game this size.
It was difficult to piece together because it felt like kind of an odd mafia role.

I had KP for a few days, but relied on everyone getting and following messages, and could never get help from scumbuddies with the sleeper voting. Same as that last PTP power game, I end up mafia with a role that town controls, except this time I was able to send out targets and hope you guys agreed.

Besides...You shot alakaslam (scum) N2. You aimed at randombum and cakepie aimed at coag N3 (both scum). You both shot randombum on N4 (scum).

Kinda hard to think of it as a scum power when it was never used to shoot or even vote to shoot a townie. And not lynching randombum on D4 sounded decently reasonable, which was really where the cell came in handy as a way to force a different lynch than the correct one that most people wanted.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 14:51 GMT
#4781
On September 11 2013 23:37 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2013 23:35 kitaman27 wrote:
On September 07 2013 08:42 Crossfire99 wrote:
Day 3 Lynch

ObviousOne (7): debears, AxleGreaser, Risen,ShiaoPi, austinmcc, Stutters695, cakepie
debears (6): ObviousOne, raynpelikoneet, VisceraEyes, Coagulation, Felkyr, Clarity_nl


lol it's too bad that the day 3 vote count didn't receive more attention. Even the no lynch in the other thread was pretty important.


Austin is a wimp.
Yup. But the behavior keeps getting rewarded. We'd have lost PTPIV if I wasn't paranoid and super safe, probably still would have won this game but who knows. Maybe debears dead and town and OO alive on D4 changes the way cephiro acts and changes the lynch or something.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 14:53:41
September 11 2013 14:53 GMT
#4782
On September 11 2013 23:51 strongandbig wrote:
I actually dunno why town didnt just force a mass claim at that point. Most people had claimed anyway.

Actually did cheesecake ever even have to explain why he was visiting Kita?
He gave a semi-claim about how he was visiting to protect kita, but because the fate got messed with due to Vayne's keeping Hassy as a ghost, there was no protect.

With hassy a double medic and alakaslam's flip, the claim maybe should have been dug back up.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 17:16:51
September 11 2013 17:12 GMT
#4786
Yeah, the kp numbers were actually all over the place with 3 N1 and 6 N2, would have been difficult for you guys to figure out just how much kp was out there. Somebody really needed to sit down and try to look for numbers. If nothing else, you knew we were probably responsible for the world swap, MAYBE had a pokemon trainer, but even then it would have been tough to know there were still 5 of us.

e: Ninjaed by clarity
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 17:23 GMT
#4789
On September 12 2013 02:12 Crossfire99 wrote:
This is very important. I believe it was either Ace or Ver after their recent respective games that said that townies claim their roles way too much. Scum know almost everything about a game except for what roles town has. This is their greatest threat. Austinmcc can tell you how paranoid not knowing what town can do can make you. Too many times town players claimed their roles for no good reason.

Hassy shouldn't have claimed medic. Even if he thinks scum double stacked or something, file that info away later. IT IS DAY 2. YOU ARE A MEDIC. DON'T CLAIM AND SAVE MORE PEOPLE. rayn's claim is debatable. I understand what he was trying to do, but how much more powerful would his role have been if scum didn't know that he was Red? A mislynch that survives, a night kill that survives. He buys time for town. Again, I understand why he claimed, but I think he should have thought more about the advantages for his role. I also don't like stutters claiming a cop check immediately to black mesa even though it was to a mason group and he claimed that is was one shot. If you are truly one-shot claim, but if not save your claim until you hit a red check or you must absolutely save a town read when it is a desperate situation. Additionally, you should not have outed your check to black mesa, a group where you were warned about potential scum infiltration. Lastly Koshi, I know were pissed about Alakaslam dying, but you are an Inventor, one of the most powerful roles in the game. You can make whatever you want including once making fake item to give to someone which you can use to gain even more info. An unknown inventor creating items and giving them to townies is a nightmare for scum. Notice how you died immediately once you claimed?


I've got a few more things to say, but I'll just post this for now and finish the other stuff later.
All townies need to claim D1 when I'm mafia. It's so much better for my health. Please please please just everyone claim so I don't have to be so worried.

Aside from that, I really like this. Koshi we absolutely swapped a kill over onto you because you were clearly an inventor, and that's a MISERABLE role for scum to play up against. We avoided using any kp at all against rayn after his claim because we knew we couldn't kill him efficiently. Heck, if Risen fullclaimed and said he had the bell I don't think we'd have shot him, I was just really paranoid about him screwing us over.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 19:13 GMT
#4817
I think that the Black Mesa group in Aperture 2 was a neat idea, but didn't work well given that they were supposed to manipulate the list together and when crossfire died they couldn't shift people around (iirc).

I liked this version, but I think there might be some problems in any non-giant game with making it interesting. You need a certain number of shifting roles, scum probably needs 1-2, you maybe need a 3P that interacts with shifting, feels like it requires a large commitment if it's not a major focus of the game.

Heck, almost seems like you could build a Death Factory-esque game out of it. Player 1 gets lynched, people have abilities to move folks on the list, check slots next to them. I don't know that it's unique enough to not just be Death Factory, though.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 12 2013 01:21 GMT
#4826
The inversion has popped up a couple times in these last posts, and I gotta say, I REALLY like that role, as long as there's some commonly agreed upon table of inversions for actions (medic --> vigi or medic --> no protect/removes anyone elses protect?)

Allowing an invert every night seems "anti-fun", given that you basically get a SUPER roleblock, instead of turning someone off you actively use their role for the opposite purpose they want without a notification. But having it cost a resource here meant we had to actually decide whether an invert tonight on any given target would be better than saving points for multiple future inversions. Can see that a little bit in our QT on the last night.

Just seemed like a simple-sounding but complex-to-deal-with ability that has potential for lots of good and bad nonsense.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 12 2013 18:23 GMT
#4832
On September 13 2013 02:14 WaveofShadow wrote:
His Skype pic.....
Photoshopped.

On the internet, nobody knows you can't grow facial hair.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 12 2013 21:51 GMT
#4836
On September 13 2013 04:30 gonzaw wrote:
Nice job scum.

Aperture Games Stats:
1 town win
2 scum wins

austin carrying scum for a lead on the Aperture series!

Anyways I'm thankful I didn't join this game because I would have rolled town, not sleep at night trying to read and post in this behemoth of a thread, and would have miserably lost and most likely go insane. I know that feeling Cephiro...
Aperture 1 Y U NO HAVE SCUM AUSTINMCC!?
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 13 2013 02:07 GMT
#4839
On September 13 2013 10:24 gonzaw wrote:
It's kind of funny.
On Aperture 1, I was town, you didn't play, I won.
On Aperture 2, I was town, you were scum, we both won (mindfuck right here).
On Aperture 3, I didn't play, you were scum, you won.

So...what will happen on Aperture 4? You are scum, I am town, we both lose? The circle must be completed...

EDIT: Or: I don't play, you don't play, we both win (somehow).
Yeah, that's it!
Think that's it. I roll scum, you roll town (although I dunno about your Aperture 2 alignment, seeing as you won with us), and...some 3P SK wins.
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17580
Rain 1566
GuemChi 679
NaDa 24
Bale 19
sSak 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever460
NeuroSwarm218
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g7064
taco 572
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1143
Mew2King103
Other Games
JimRising 574
WinterStarcraft567
C9.Mang0186
ViBE131
ZombieGrub21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1003
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 169
• davetesta38
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt289
• Lourlo233
Other Games
• Scarra887
• Shiphtur591
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 9m
INu's Battles
8h 9m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 9m
OSC
19h 24m
Replay Cast
20h 9m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.