• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:14
CEST 12:14
KST 19:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11536 users

TL Mafia LXII: TL Noir - Page 42

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 323 Next
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:07 GMT
#821
Also, LoneMeow, yeah.

But I think he's a noob, and I'm terrible at reading noobs.
Writer@WriterYamato
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
September 21 2013 18:07 GMT
#822
On September 22 2013 03:02 Mattchew wrote:
I think rayn has been posting care free and without burden. I can't say i can pick out any specific content that I like, but I do like the tone

Don't forget he was drunk.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 21 2013 18:08 GMT
#823
Right. It's 4 am and im going to sleep. I will post in respond to Yamato and everything after that tomorrow.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:09 GMT
#824
On September 22 2013 02:44 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 00:30 justanothertownie wrote:
Wave:
His posts about the Geript/DP argument (about them overdoing it) do make sense to me but they are not alignment indicative. Scum could easily point that out too. Null.

What I don't really understand is this:
On September 21 2013 13:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
Honestly DP I have a question for you.
Are you town?
If so, do you want to be killed N1?
Do you enjoy being killed N1? (I seem to remember that you don't.)

All of the above questions lead to these ones:
Why go hardcore (as town) right from the get-go if you know it places a target directly onto your back?
If you don't care either way, do you think you would be able to be more useful to the town in the first day than you could be as the game progresses?

What is the intention behind this? I must admit that I don't know DPs meta but it is not very townie to call someone out for trying hard as a townie.


Funny, because this is the Wave post I jotted down as likelier to come from town. Seems a really weird angle to fake or take as mafia.

Are you confused by the questions and their goal? Mafia are usually more straightforward. I'm not sure where it's coming from, but funky shit like this is somewhat more likely to come from town.

I do disagree entirely with this idea. I read this as completely useless posting; Wave, as mafia, would very well feel compelled to post early, but doesn't know what to post, so he just starts some random useless conversation that has no bearing on who is mafia and who is not.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:10 GMT
#825
On September 22 2013 03:09 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 02:44 marvellosity wrote:
On September 22 2013 00:30 justanothertownie wrote:
Wave:
His posts about the Geript/DP argument (about them overdoing it) do make sense to me but they are not alignment indicative. Scum could easily point that out too. Null.

What I don't really understand is this:
On September 21 2013 13:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
Honestly DP I have a question for you.
Are you town?
If so, do you want to be killed N1?
Do you enjoy being killed N1? (I seem to remember that you don't.)

All of the above questions lead to these ones:
Why go hardcore (as town) right from the get-go if you know it places a target directly onto your back?
If you don't care either way, do you think you would be able to be more useful to the town in the first day than you could be as the game progresses?

What is the intention behind this? I must admit that I don't know DPs meta but it is not very townie to call someone out for trying hard as a townie.


Funny, because this is the Wave post I jotted down as likelier to come from town. Seems a really weird angle to fake or take as mafia.

Are you confused by the questions and their goal? Mafia are usually more straightforward. I'm not sure where it's coming from, but funky shit like this is somewhat more likely to come from town.

I do disagree entirely with this idea. I read this as completely useless posting; Wave, as mafia, could very well feel compelled to post early, but doesn't know what to post, so he just starts some random useless conversation that has no bearing on who is mafia and who is not.

EBWOP
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:10 GMT
#826
Wave doesn't struggle to post. I reject that idea.

There's little point in us arguing over the interpretation of that post though, because I'll go "it's A" and you'll go "it's B" ad infinitum.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:11 GMT
#827
On September 22 2013 03:10 marvellosity wrote:
Wave doesn't struggle to post. I reject that idea.

There's little point in us arguing over the interpretation of that post though, because I'll go "it's A" and you'll go "it's B" ad infinitum.

Okay, but overall, you cannot deny that he's basically done nothing and given zero reads when there's been plenty to making something of.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:12 GMT
#828
On September 22 2013 03:10 marvellosity wrote:
Wave doesn't struggle to post. I reject that idea.

There's little point in us arguing over the interpretation of that post though, because I'll go "it's A" and you'll go "it's B" ad infinitum.

And also, he did struggle to post early on as mafia in Les Mis, and IIRC, he caught some heat for it. It wasn't until later on that he really started posting well.

But I digress, this argument will likely go nowhere.
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:13 GMT
#829
Perhaps. The chances of me jumping on a player like Wave at this stage of Day 1 are approaching zero though, so whatevs ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:14 GMT
#830
On September 22 2013 03:13 marvellosity wrote:
Perhaps. The chances of me jumping on a player like Wave at this stage of Day 1 are approaching zero though, so whatevs ^^

So, what about anyone else I mentioned in my post?

VE/Sentinel/Mocsta
Writer@WriterYamato
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 21 2013 18:14 GMT
#831
Why does everyone forget that I was the first person to call out my wubbybumpkins.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:15 GMT
#832
On September 22 2013 03:14 geript wrote:
Why does everyone forget that I was the first person to call out my wubbybumpkins.

You could give an updated read on WoS, and perhaps reads on other players in the game.

You know, like I asked you to do.
Writer@WriterYamato
Mr. Cheesecake
Profile Joined October 2012
United States3756 Posts
September 21 2013 18:17 GMT
#833
@ Coagulation

Why is pandain scummy to you? Just threw that out there and didnt back it up.

Aside: yay me and marv share small scumread.

Yamato seems town btw.
But CC isn't protown as town. 100% real heuristic.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:17 GMT
#834
On September 22 2013 03:17 Mr. Cheesecake wrote:
@ Coagulation

Why is pandain scummy to you? Just threw that out there and didnt back it up.

Aside: yay me and marv share small scumread.

Yamato seems town btw.

I've also settled on thinking you are town.

I also forgot Coag exists. He'd be my third lynch choice, for obvious reasons.
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:18 GMT
#835
On September 22 2013 03:14 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 03:13 marvellosity wrote:
Perhaps. The chances of me jumping on a player like Wave at this stage of Day 1 are approaching zero though, so whatevs ^^

So, what about anyone else I mentioned in my post?

VE/Sentinel/Mocsta


VE has felt fine to me so far. I'll hopefully flesh out my read on him as the day goes on. Nothing's tickled me badly so far.

Mocsta you seem to have this meta-read on him that I actually wasn't aware of (condescension as mafia). Something I can be prone to do actually as you may know ;p The most interesting part about Mocsta for me is that he's posted a lot but I don't really think anything about it particularly positively or negatively. From his general posting outside of this game, his apparent lack of time to play forum mafia, I could see whatever tone you're picking up coming from that sort of general frustration, given how the game started perhaps?

Agree that that Sentinel post is useless, but for now it's just a post.

I picked out LM specifically because I didn't like any of his posts, never mind just the first one
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:19 GMT
#836
If anyone's interested, here are my current coag notes

??? lol. townie on activity (page 40) lol. sad.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 21 2013 18:23 GMT
#837
Yamato totes town. Docs should note down his name on a piece of paper and glue it above their bed.
I had a good night of sleep.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:24 GMT
#838
On September 22 2013 03:18 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 03:14 yamato77 wrote:
On September 22 2013 03:13 marvellosity wrote:
Perhaps. The chances of me jumping on a player like Wave at this stage of Day 1 are approaching zero though, so whatevs ^^

So, what about anyone else I mentioned in my post?

VE/Sentinel/Mocsta

Mocsta you seem to have this meta-read on him that I actually wasn't aware of (condescension as mafia). Something I can be prone to do actually as you may know ;p The most interesting part about Mocsta for me is that he's posted a lot but I don't really think anything about it particularly positively or negatively. From his general posting outside of this game, his apparent lack of time to play forum mafia, I could see whatever tone you're picking up coming from that sort of general frustration, given how the game started perhaps?

Or, he's being a dick because he gets off on being a dick when he's mafia.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing

This is actually how I read Mocsta now, btw.
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:26 GMT
#839
Do you have any specific games that brought you to this meta conclusion, yam?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 21 2013 18:30 GMT
#840
On September 22 2013 03:26 marvellosity wrote:
Do you have any specific games that brought you to this meta conclusion, yam?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=395714&user=Mocsta&currentpage=3

Trolly RNG campaign, shits all over town, etc.

Yeah.
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 323 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings11
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech72
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1142
Bisu 876
Hyuk 728
Horang2 712
Larva 601
Leta 187
Sexy 124
EffOrt 119
Zeus 115
Soma 100
[ Show more ]
Mini 90
PianO 81
Pusan 59
Killer 38
ZerO 38
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 26
sorry 26
Last 23
Hm[arnc] 18
yabsab 18
Trap 14
JulyZerg 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe424
XaKoH 273
League of Legends
JimRising 312
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1324
Other Games
gofns28928
singsing1479
crisheroes205
OGKoka 193
Mew2King134
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick555
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• LUISG 21
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7079
• lizZardDota2328
League of Legends
• Jankos1282
• Stunt926
Upcoming Events
Online Event
46m
FEL
5h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 46m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.