• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:22
CEST 12:22
KST 19:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9093 users

TL Mafia LXII: TL Noir - Page 321

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 319 320 321 322 323 Next
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-06 03:57:52
October 05 2013 18:33 GMT
#6401
@LoneMeow (and anyone else fresh out of newbies into the main games esp large ones)

Your glass appears to be half empty. Let me make it half full for you instead.

In obs you said

It's quite hard to not be intimidated with a player list like this one. The difference between newbie games and this was absolutely ridiculous.

Oh yeah I can definitely see people being intimidated.+ Show Spoiler +
I also remember (as well as see): I was scum in my first big game >> ugh
Not only might you conclude that there were players better than you, you could easily conclude they could lynch you just based on their reputation and other people trusting their opinion. Not only that they might well be able to do that and get away with as scum.... It can seem like its all out of your control.

The trick as town... and it is a good one.. is to try and remember that theoretically most of the people in the game are on your team and hopefully if the RNG gods are nice some of the people on your team are good players.
+ Show Spoiler +
If some of the players on your team derp hard and try to break Halons Razor it may be hard to remember that. but try to remember that none the less.


most importantly
I was terribly afraid someone like you or DP would target me and get me mislynched - as VT I don't much care about being mislynched, but as doctor in a game with so much scum KP things were quite different.


If they are intimidating, from their skill, then someone like Marv or DP is also hopefully less likely to mistake you as scum and mislynch you. Trust that. Help them help you... post enough words and thoughts.
In very real sense you could perhaps have gone into the game confident they would recognise that you were town.

In very real sense as your fears might have been justified if you were scum, trying real hard not to have those fears was one of the hows for you to show you are town. (when you've played few more games you will have to do that and more to be seen as town, the goal posts do keep moving.)


All the anger and yelling and ad hominem attacks also discourage players from participating in the thread. I didn't feel especially welcome to try to help figure the game out which definitely didn't help with my activity level.

Cant argue with that.
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 05 2013 19:33 GMT
#6402
On October 06 2013 03:17 marvellosity wrote:
As an aside, I enjoyed playing with Umasi, jat, Zaragon - 3 newer players. I hope they stick around and play more.

I will stick around but I won't always have as much time as I had the last weeks. And I think I prefer smaller over large games...
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 20:08:07
October 05 2013 20:01 GMT
#6403
On October 06 2013 03:33 AxleGreaser wrote:
most importantly
Show nested quote +
I was terribly afraid someone like you or DP would target me and get me mislynched - as VT I don't much care about being mislynched, but as doctor in a game with so much scum KP things were quite different.


If they are intimidating, from their skill, then someone like Marv or DP is also hopefully less likely to mistake you as scum and mislynch you. Trust that. Help them help you... post enough words and thoughts.
In very real sense you could perhaps have gone into the game confident they would recognise that you were town.


This is only true when I am posting in a town-like manner, which I wasn't as every post I made was called scummy. And it's hard to post thoughts when you have none. More or less everyone was null for me until N1.



As a side note to those wondering about my claim:
On September 26 2013 10:50 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 10:45 iamperfection wrote:
On September 26 2013 10:44 LoneMeow wrote:
I obviously prefer lynching Cephiro over being lynched myself.

Vote: Cephiro

do you think he is scum?


Uncertain. Not caught up. All I know is, I am the doctor that saved yamato.


I started replying the same minute iamperfection posted that. It quite literally took me that long to type that message (phone post, one handed). I woke up around 4:30 AM to check on the lynch, noticed I had 350+ unread posts. Thought it was very likely I'd be lynched after switching my vote to Cephiro without having scum read on him so I wanted to ensure yamato would be confirmed (and by extension Coag to some extent also) if I was lynched and I couldn't trust I could last minute post given how slowly I was typing.


Now for the million dollar question: Was Mocsta actually also a doctor with save on yamato? I kind of expected that double protect would only give one doctor the save result but I suppose I should have confirmed that from the hosts.


Edit:
On October 06 2013 01:08 WaveofShadow wrote:
There was a lot of unacceptable play in this game imo.
Not bad (which there was), unacceptable and bannable.


I agree, and I'm fine with whatever punishment is coming my way long as I can still cohost NMM XLIX.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 05 2013 20:18 GMT
#6404
I am fairly certain WOS wasn't talking about you Lone.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
October 05 2013 20:18 GMT
#6405
yeah i sucked, sorry
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
October 05 2013 20:19 GMT
#6406
On October 06 2013 05:18 justanothertownie wrote:
I am fairly certain WOS wasn't talking about you Lone.


I am fairly certain I played against my wincon which I believe is verboten.
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
October 05 2013 20:25 GMT
#6407
On October 06 2013 05:19 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 05:18 justanothertownie wrote:
I am fairly certain WOS wasn't talking about you Lone.


I am fairly certain I played against my wincon which I believe is verboten.

you didn't
imo, anyway.
like, mocsta didn't, and if anyone DID, it's certainly mocsta :|
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
October 05 2013 20:26 GMT
#6408
Actually scratch that.
If anyone did, it's me, because I blatantly stopped caring if mocsta was town or not and wanted him policied :3
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
October 05 2013 20:31 GMT
#6409
On October 06 2013 05:26 Umasi wrote:
Actually scratch that.
If anyone did, it's me, because I blatantly stopped caring if mocsta was town or not and wanted him policied :3


that is the correct play, he should not have been town but he was for some reason.
I come in for the scraps
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 05 2013 21:02 GMT
#6410
On October 06 2013 05:19 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 05:18 justanothertownie wrote:
I am fairly certain WOS wasn't talking about you Lone.


I am fairly certain I played against my wincon which I believe is verboten.


Being overwhelmed is not playing against your wincon.

And Axle said some very wise things to you.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 05 2013 21:40 GMT
#6411
On October 06 2013 05:25 Umasi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 05:19 LoneMeow wrote:
On October 06 2013 05:18 justanothertownie wrote:
I am fairly certain WOS wasn't talking about you Lone.


I am fairly certain I played against my wincon which I believe is verboten.

you didn't
imo, anyway.
like, mocsta didn't, and if anyone DID, it's certainly mocsta :|

Pandain did.
I think there were a couple other examples too.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 05 2013 21:41 GMT
#6412
On October 06 2013 06:40 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2013 05:25 Umasi wrote:
On October 06 2013 05:19 LoneMeow wrote:
On October 06 2013 05:18 justanothertownie wrote:
I am fairly certain WOS wasn't talking about you Lone.


I am fairly certain I played against my wincon which I believe is verboten.

you didn't
imo, anyway.
like, mocsta didn't, and if anyone DID, it's certainly mocsta :|

Pandain did.
I think there were a couple other examples too.

Hell anyone who got modkilled on purpose technically is playing against wincon even if it's 'to get someone lynched' or whatever because getting yourself killed increases scum's chances of winning.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 05 2013 21:42 GMT
#6413
On October 06 2013 05:26 Umasi wrote:
Actually scratch that.
If anyone did, it's me, because I blatantly stopped caring if mocsta was town or not and wanted him policied :3

Yeah no. That's not anti-wincon at all.
Policy lynches just don't happen on TL though, no matter how often they should, and now you know that.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
October 05 2013 21:55 GMT
#6414
Pandain survived as scum to end game again!?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 05 2013 23:38 GMT
#6415
On October 06 2013 03:17 marvellosity wrote:
As an aside, I enjoyed playing with Umasi, jat, Zaragon - 3 newer players. I hope they stick around and play more.

All 3 were easy town reads and tried to help in the game. Agreed.
Writer@WriterYamato
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
October 06 2013 03:51 GMT
#6416
It seems everybody is taking this very cool. Like...no one is going to yell at people or something? Damn you guys are more restrained than I thought.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 06 2013 04:40 GMT
#6417
Has nothing to do with it.
The anger has long since died away---game's been over so long people just don't give a shit anymore.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
October 06 2013 05:25 GMT
#6418
If nobody gives a shit, then how are you going to make sure a game like this doesn't happen again?
People will now go "meh" and join the next game and do the exact same thing.

The very least we could get an analysis post from MZ or someone so....you know...people can learn from their mistakes and shit
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 06 2013 10:01 GMT
#6419
don't need some analysis post

listen to strong players, don't do moronic shit, don't modkill yourself like a twat

that's it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
October 06 2013 10:33 GMT
#6420
For someone that hasn't read this 300 page game, can someone give a 5 line tl;dr version?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Prev 1 319 320 321 322 323 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29876
firebathero 2332
Bisu 750
Hyuk 536
Horang2 408
BeSt 205
Larva 200
EffOrt 122
Light 108
Leta 99
[ Show more ]
Soma 98
Dewaltoss 72
Mini 71
Sexy 67
Rush 67
Killer 66
ZerO 61
Barracks 57
Pusan 53
ToSsGirL 51
soO 46
Sharp 31
Aegong 29
Shinee 26
NaDa 22
sorry 20
Bale 20
Sacsri 19
Mind 18
Hm[arnc] 14
JulyZerg 12
Noble 12
Terrorterran 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
Fuzer 187
XaKoH 3
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1824
byalli884
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor957
crisheroes825
Other Games
gofns37802
singsing1592
olofmeister1152
Mew2King85
B2W.Neo67
ArmadaUGS62
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH24
• StrangeGG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 39m
OSC
11h 39m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 39m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.