• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:16
CEST 03:16
KST 10:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8448 users

GoT Mafia: Lords and Liars - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 24 Next All
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 09:09 GMT
#1723
Because he's 1 hp and if one of you is scum it makes it easier to elect yourself? Because he might be blue? (less likely)
Like I said, I dunno where the rest of scum's kp went, but it either got blocked or they spread it out to kill 4 people n2 or whatever.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 09:29 GMT
#1730
Do you think it's more likely that scum targeted gumshoe without knowing his hp?
Or is it more likely that scum realized gumshoe had 1 hp so they just used 1kp out of like the (random guess) 12-20 they have?

If you're scum and you become aware of someone who's not scum being killable with hardly any downside, why not kill him.
Especially since you're in his house, meaning you only have to convince one person to make you lord now, instead of two.
He could be replaced, he could be a blue. No reason to overthink it.

The rest of scum kp could have easily hit a high hp townie or been blocked. There's 0 reason to think they would stack kp on gumshoe.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 09:47 GMT
#1742
On August 11 2013 18:46 Dandel Ion wrote:
Why is it assumed scum can split their kp in the first place?


Pretty decent assumption in this large a game, no?
I also think it's pretty standard in hp games?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 10:11 GMT
#1757
On August 11 2013 19:01 Xatalos wrote:
Clarity, I think grackaroni is town atm. He's also making sense in this discussion. He wouldn't be made Lord if gumshoe died. gumshoe was also playing for scum, even if he was town, so why would scum use their KP and not let him just hinder town (probably a mislynch or at least wasted KP)? Even if he was blue, which was unlikely, he would still almost certainly be of advantage to scum. I would never kill gumshoe as scum, especially if it meant putting myself at risk (like in grackaroni's case).


That's the thing I never called him scum. I called you and iamp likely town though.
Anyway, killing him as scum makes more sense if one of you three is scum. I'm done WIFOMing though.
If later on in the game there's still no town claim for shooting gumshoe or a flip that suggests town might have shot him, then I want to revisit this.

On August 11 2013 19:05 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 18:57 Ace wrote:
Oats you're going to have to go into detail and show why. So far I have seen nothing that suggests every house has to have Scum. If there is something that I don't know about point it out.

DI where were you confirmed Town? And um yea, understanding your thought process is a pretty big deal.

Why using setup speculation to defend yourself is bad?
Come on Ace.


He was being attacked with setup speculation... how else is he supposed to defend himself at this point?
He was called scum because of the assumption that his house MUST have a scum, so he explains that we don't know if all houses have scum.

This isn't difficult. Let's just let ace catch up and get some reads, yes?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 11:20 GMT
#1771
Anyway...

let me just put it in one post to make it easier.

xata claims roleblocked
oberyn claims watcher and says he targeted xata, 2 visitors. He hasn't told us who, though.
onegu claims 1 shot medic on xata

Easy conclusion: xata lied about the roleblock or onegu is lying about the 1shot medic or the 2nd person who targeted xata is the roleblocker.

xata looks pretty town, no reason for him to lie and no reason for a town roleblocker to target him
Therefore either Onegu or the second person is scum

With how quickly onegu claimed 1shot medic I doubt he's scum trying to get a townie lynched before he dies.
Therefore whoever is left is scum. Oberyn if you did not fakeclaim you should just tell us who it is so we can lynch him
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 11:32 GMT
#1775
One possible problem.

If the person is town he is likely a protective role, if the person is scum he will likely claim a protective role.
If we lynch this person and he flips town we can't immediately lynch onegu for this.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 11:38 GMT
#1778
On August 11 2013 20:37 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 20:32 Clarity_nl wrote:
One possible problem.

If the person is town he is likely a protective role, if the person is scum he will likely claim a protective role.
If we lynch this person and he flips town we can't immediately lynch onegu for this.


The fact is that I was roleblocked. Why would I lie about that? So

1) Oberyn is lying (scum)
2) Onegu is lying (scum)
3) X is lying (scum)

If X flips town, we absolutely need to lynch Onegu or Oberyn.


That's what I mean.

Both people on you could theoretically be town.

Onegu's claim seems really natural, so I think he's town. Oberyn seems town.
If X flips town I don't think we can lynch onegu/oberyn on just this watcher claim
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 11:45 GMT
#1779
nvm yeah I'm an idiot. One of onegu or X roleblocked you.
I guess jailer is a possibility but unlikely.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 11:51 GMT
#1782
Yeah one of them is scum. Town wouldn't roleblock you. I just derped on the roleblock part.
The only explanation where all are town is a town jailer. Very unlikely and if player X is anyone even remotely scummy we need to lynch them
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 12:26 GMT
#1786
What does waiting for the person to claim accomplish exactly? Surely the only possible claim as either alignment is jailkeeper?

If there is a town roleblocker it's more likely he targeted me, than xata.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 12:41 GMT
#1789
On August 11 2013 21:40 Acrofales wrote:
First things first. I haven't read the minutes for the start of today's meeting yet, but I received some important information that I was asked to pass on to the other lords. It seems it is actually pertinent to everybody here. One of my vassals has a network of little birds, who have uncovered that Yamato is a Blackfyre pretender. I trust him and I trust his abilities.

##vote Yamato


Could we have... details about these little birds?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 12:42 GMT
#1790
Like, could you stop roleplaying and just say "red check" if that's the case?
Let me sum up the 5 pages of d2:
On August 11 2013 20:20 Clarity_nl wrote:
Anyway...

let me just put it in one post to make it easier.

xata claims roleblocked
oberyn claims watcher and says he targeted xata, 2 visitors. He hasn't told us who, though.
onegu claims 1 shot medic on xata

Easy conclusion: xata lied about the roleblock or onegu is lying about the 1shot medic or the 2nd person who targeted xata is the roleblocker.

xata looks pretty town, no reason for him to lie and no reason for a town roleblocker to target him
Therefore either Onegu or the second person is scum

With how quickly onegu claimed 1shot medic I doubt he's scum trying to get a townie lynched before he dies.
Therefore whoever is left is scum. Oberyn if you did not fakeclaim you should just tell us who it is so we can lynch him

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 12:48 GMT
#1793
So why does Acro hide the identity, and oats just reveals it in thread.
Oats, to answer your question, to protect the cop, perhaps?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 13:00 GMT
#1797
My head hurts. I don't understand what you guys are doing.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 13:45 GMT
#1820
On August 11 2013 22:22 Oberyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 22:21 Oatsmaster wrote:
On August 11 2013 22:20 Oberyn wrote:
On August 11 2013 22:18 Oatsmaster wrote:
What happens if
A: Its a fakecheck.
B: Yamato is a miller
C: Yamato was framed.
Hm Xata?


So is that what you think oats?

yes


But wasn't yamato one of your scum reads prior?


Oats has been rather persistent in calling yamato town in pms.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 13:47 GMT
#1821
On August 11 2013 22:33 Sharrant wrote:
Well, I wasn't quite expecting to be revealed so quickly.

I claimed my role to Acro last night (I'm a one shot alignment cop). I asked him who I should target with it, he said Kush and Yamato. Both players I had in mind originally. In case he was mafia I lied and said I would target Kush.

After I brought up framing he suggested that Kush might be too high profile, and that I should check Koshi or Ace. I think both of those are fairly legitimate suggestions. It seems less likely that Acro is mafia because he was suggesting more people to check that are in positions where a check would be very good.

An alternative is that Acro is mafia, and they have no framer like role, so he wanted to push me off a mafia Kush, but I find this unlikely.

At the end of the day you're left with a red check on Yamato, someone relatively out of the spotlight and not a likely choice for framers. And as I stated, his argumentative nature in this game is quite different from how it is when he's arguing as a town member.


I like this.

I'll go with this. I also want to share that while oats has been really eager to convince me yamato is town, vivax has been really eager to convince me he's scum.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 13:49 GMT
#1822
On August 11 2013 22:37 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 22:32 Oatsmaster wrote:
On August 11 2013 22:31 Onegu wrote:
I have been talking with yamato and some of his stances and thoughts on oberyn made me have a townie feeling on him. He said he was going to post a case on Acro but hasnt done it yet though.

How do you talk with yamato?

I may be forced to use the too dumb to be Blackfyre line. Are you drunk?

While we're on the topic, how the flying fuck did the Starks think it was a good idea to elect you? I understand not electing Strongandbig again, but you are far from an improvement. Please explain the politics of Winterfell.


I can. Vivax voted snb and went away 12 hours before deadline.
Oats did not want to vote me, snb did not want to vote himself (he said he's be less active today)
From my perspective it was oats as lord or no lord.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 14:26 GMT
#1829
On August 11 2013 23:11 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 22:37 Acrofales wrote:
On August 11 2013 22:32 Oatsmaster wrote:
On August 11 2013 22:31 Onegu wrote:
I have been talking with yamato and some of his stances and thoughts on oberyn made me have a townie feeling on him. He said he was going to post a case on Acro but hasnt done it yet though.

How do you talk with yamato?

I may be forced to use the too dumb to be Blackfyre line. Are you drunk?

While we're on the topic, how the flying fuck did the Starks think it was a good idea to elect you? I understand not electing Strongandbig again, but you are far from an improvement. Please explain the politics of Winterfell.


read his earlier conversations with me. Poor Starks, always have shit leaders.


Ace rather than flinging shit with oats which doesn't do anyone any good, have you caught up and if so could you... you know, do things?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 14:45 GMT
#1836
So why aren't the lords that are around voting yamato yet?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 15:11 GMT
#1842
On August 12 2013 00:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
wtf is with you guys? Why did you discuss the watcher situation?


You'd rather we didn't discuss it?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft512
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta15
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft512
WinterStarcraft285
RuFF_SC2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 807
White-Ra 155
Noble 75
NaDa 69
Hyuk 54
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift5107
Counter-Strike
taco 356
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox624
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor704
Other Games
summit1g8440
Coldzera 853
C9.Mang0345
ViBE59
Mew2King56
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21332
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 44m
Online Event
9h 44m
FEL
14h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.