• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:02
CEST 14:02
KST 21:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7982 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XLV - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22 23 Next All
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 16:09 GMT
#379
On July 31 2013 17:47 infii wrote:
Unfortunately I can't be as active as I would like to be, but I'll try to post as often as I can.
So I'll go ahead and tell you my thoughts up until now after reading all the posts.

Umasi is at the top of my suspicious-list right now, because it seems he tries to stir things up and doesn't act neutral in any way. (e.g. anti deus - pro reps).
However that is not enough for me to vote on him... it's still the first day, right?

DeusXmachina took an early stance which backfired at him so now he tries to get clear of it. Seems legit aka town.

Holyflare is pretty neutral until now, which is good.

reps)squishy has stirred up some suspicion but that seemed to be unintentional, also I liked his defense.

Nightcat99 is nr. 2 on the suspicious-list. Not many posts but the few ones have a chaotic flavor to them as in trying to confuse people.

StiMaDDict acts generally neutral, seems like town.

Alakaslam's last posts were totally bonkers. No idea what he is up to.

Again, this were just my thoughts about everyone active in this discussion up until now, there are no facts that I can claim to be true or false.

Thank you for coming.

I missed deus' defense. That or I didn't see it as adequate.

Btw good morning.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 16:12 GMT
#380
On July 31 2013 19:51 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 14:53 Umasi wrote:
reps, I'll tell you two useful things~
A:
If you post and want to edit the post, you can use the handy acronym EBWOP (edit by way of post) and add/rephrase whatever you want to.
B:
there's a handy quote button, use it.

Regardless~
fuck
I'm not sold on that response at all, reps. Maybe Deus actually fucking nailed you early on.
Who are your top scum reads and who are your top town reads?



I'm not sure we should be discussing peoples town reads this early on, it can be left to a later day.
It tells mafia who to kill, if they eliminate the people that people are leaning towards in town then we are still back to square one.

Mafia reads on the other hand are the things we do need to discuss;

Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 15:53 reps)squishy wrote:
[image loading]



Stuff like this when the guy was under suspicion to begin with makes me think that he thinks he's clear after the Deus accusation and thus can afford to not fully contribute and mess around. Reps I want to hear some analysis;

1. Who do you think is mafia?
2. Are there any people that seem in collaboration?

I want some actual analysis please, not some half hearted responses.


Although this is good, I have given him quite a bit of homework flare; I want him competent before his return. I don't need a trigger to become psychotic through WIFOM
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 16:22 GMT
#381
On August 01 2013 00:27 Gotard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 23:17 infii wrote:
On July 31 2013 20:28 Gotard wrote:
This game will be hard. A lot of lurkers and two of the most confusing people in the whole universe: Umasi and Alakaslam.

reps)squishy - He's posting isn't pro town whatsoever. Hue huehuehue. Really? If you are newbie better start posting reads/thought/analysis

infii - My first post in my last game was pretty similar to what you have written right here. I was mafia.
On July 31 2013 17:47 infii wrote:
Unfortunately I can't be as active as I would like to be, but I'll try to post as often as I can.
So I'll go ahead and tell you my thoughts up until now after reading all the posts.

Umasi is at the top of my suspicious-list right now, because it seems he tries to stir things up and doesn't act neutral in any way. (e.g. anti deus - pro reps).
However that is not enough for me to vote on him... it's still the first day, right?

DeusXmachina took an early stance which backfired at him so now he tries to get clear of it. Seems legit aka town.

Holyflare is pretty neutral until now, which is good.

reps)squishy has stirred up some suspicion but that seemed to be unintentional, also I liked his defense.

Nightcat99 is nr. 2 on the suspicious-list. Not many posts but the few ones have a chaotic flavor to them as in trying to confuse people.

StiMaDDict acts generally neutral, seems like town.

Alakaslam's last posts were totally bonkers. No idea what he is up to.

Again, this were just my thoughts about everyone active in this discussion up until now, there are no facts that I can claim to be true or false.

"acts generally neutral, seems like town." - being neutral is scummy. If you are town you want to post your reads and generate pro town content and not to look neutral.
##Vote: infii


So I guess "being neutral is scummy" is a law that applies in 100% of all cases? I doubt that!

There is nothing to gain for town if they lynch another town... contrary to scum.
IMO a Townsman would consider all options before deciding to vote/lynch, while scum will try to steer the oppinion of others in a desired direction.

However... your hostile reaction is noteworthy.

Every lynch gives you crucial information. How do you want to find out who is mafia if you won't take risk lynching people?


Actually, no- that was misinformation. Go read up on guides like I had reps do. There are times in plurality when you want to no-lynch, that is why the option exists. In fact, in the offsite game where I was scum, townies only got to have one no-lynch vote, it was a sort of prize. Why? And wtf how after last game's logic right?

Here is how. Tell me exactly what actual info comes from a mislynch. Yeah read the guides.

Nonetheless I don't want to see no lunches. One at most.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 16:24 GMT
#382
Am I the only one here again? -_-
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 16:45 GMT
#384
On August 01 2013 01:36 Zyrre wrote:
Don't think it is as categorical as you make it seem Alakaslam. You CAN gain vital info when lynching a town. He could have made claims having special roles etc. This early in the game though it's most likely useless to barely useful.

Exactly.

If I make it seem like town dying never gives info, follow this link.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=417692&currentpage=74

If still not convinced that I not only agree with this point, read a few pages and then 85.

Sorry Onegu-

However I stand by the idea that sometimes it doesn't help you if reps flips town.

In fact what does that tell anyone?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 16:46 GMT
#385
Fwiw deus flipping town won't help either- I genuinely think he is scum via kenpachi and reasons I spasmodically laid out
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 18:43 GMT
#397
On August 01 2013 03:11 Gotard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 01:22 Alakaslam wrote:
On August 01 2013 00:27 Gotard wrote:
On July 31 2013 23:17 infii wrote:
On July 31 2013 20:28 Gotard wrote:
This game will be hard. A lot of lurkers and two of the most confusing people in the whole universe: Umasi and Alakaslam.

reps)squishy - He's posting isn't pro town whatsoever. Hue huehuehue. Really? If you are newbie better start posting reads/thought/analysis

infii - My first post in my last game was pretty similar to what you have written right here. I was mafia.
On July 31 2013 17:47 infii wrote:
Unfortunately I can't be as active as I would like to be, but I'll try to post as often as I can.
So I'll go ahead and tell you my thoughts up until now after reading all the posts.

Umasi is at the top of my suspicious-list right now, because it seems he tries to stir things up and doesn't act neutral in any way. (e.g. anti deus - pro reps).
However that is not enough for me to vote on him... it's still the first day, right?

DeusXmachina took an early stance which backfired at him so now he tries to get clear of it. Seems legit aka town.

Holyflare is pretty neutral until now, which is good.

reps)squishy has stirred up some suspicion but that seemed to be unintentional, also I liked his defense.

Nightcat99 is nr. 2 on the suspicious-list. Not many posts but the few ones have a chaotic flavor to them as in trying to confuse people.

StiMaDDict acts generally neutral, seems like town.

Alakaslam's last posts were totally bonkers. No idea what he is up to.

Again, this were just my thoughts about everyone active in this discussion up until now, there are no facts that I can claim to be true or false.

"acts generally neutral, seems like town." - being neutral is scummy. If you are town you want to post your reads and generate pro town content and not to look neutral.
##Vote: infii


So I guess "being neutral is scummy" is a law that applies in 100% of all cases? I doubt that!

There is nothing to gain for town if they lynch another town... contrary to scum.
IMO a Townsman would consider all options before deciding to vote/lynch, while scum will try to steer the oppinion of others in a desired direction.

However... your hostile reaction is noteworthy.

Every lynch gives you crucial information. How do you want to find out who is mafia if you won't take risk lynching people?


Actually, no- that was misinformation. Go read up on guides like I had reps do. There are times in plurality when you want to no-lynch, that is why the option exists. In fact, in the offsite game where I was scum, townies only got to have one no-lynch vote, it was a sort of prize. Why? And wtf how after last game's logic right?

Here is how. Tell me exactly what actual info comes from a mislynch. Yeah read the guides.

Nonetheless I don't want to see no lunches. One at most.


"There is nothing to gain for town if they lynch another town"
There is no way you can agree with that sentence.

Right! See you didn't read everything I wrote. We are arguing in agreement, I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the sole reason you voted. Otherwise explain why it is ok to do so.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:36 GMT
#418
Man, why is everyone so scummy this game...
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:39 GMT
#419
Indeed his Umasi vote is why I got suspicious- but on top of that he is ACTUALLY the stronger attack on Kenpachi. But whatever.

Your case strong, your defense good.

##Unvote Deus in that thread
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:42 GMT
#420
So Deus if I read you right you would rather lynch reps because he is detrimental town than a lurker...

...

Ace's quote about town being only as good as the worst not actively detrimental poster makes me wonder about this. Probably a good idea. However, for good measure, why him over scam?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:43 GMT
#421
Fwiw as reps is 100% WIFOM, I do also think he's scummy but it is so scummy it is like it can't be true. Like he must be a newb. So pray, do tell.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:45 GMT
#423
On August 01 2013 05:44 reps)squishy wrote:
Anyone, anyone! That defends me in the smallest way (Usami) you should be super suspicious of them it's the oldest move in the mafia strategy.

Show nested quote +
hey I'm around. I still like deus for scum, and by transition not sold on reps being scum.

Here is his defense.

Anyone that votes to lynch me is town. Mafia won't waste a lynch someone that the town is going to lynch already.


This is too odd

It just looks bus-y man
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:47 GMT
#424
Nice to be on with more folks. HolyFlare, anything you want outta me?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:52 GMT
#426
Gotard looks to be trying to help based on my meta of his play, coupled with the fact that some seem to be pushing a no-lynch rather than clearing up the possibility of it not being bad. However, there is stated in the TL guide a note that trying to lynch "for info" is a tool available to scum. However sometimes that is just true. I want him to give another reason for voting.

Infini coming.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:54 GMT
#428
Infii is red if squishy is red.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:55 GMT
#430
On August 01 2013 06:54 Alakaslam wrote:
Infii is red if squishy is red.

Ebwoq: his filter also implicated reps squishy
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 21:58 GMT
#431
On August 01 2013 06:52 RDaneelOlivaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 04:09 Umasi wrote:
oh this is a good moment to mention, I totally forgot early game
guys
no lynching is retarded, the only weapon we have is our vote t.t
so voting to no lynch is squandering your vote, and I'll happily switch votes to prevent a no lynch

Why? Doesn't it make sense to try to get a solid read first? Otherwise odds are we are just killing off our own?

This is the counterpoint. And Hzflank is a strong town for newbie who pushed that with another- Hurricane sponge- but people forget that hz was scum, and that the guides say otherwise. That being said usually? You want to lynch. Believe us.

I am just willin to put up a disclaimer.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 22:03 GMT
#433
On August 01 2013 07:02 DeusXmachina wrote:
I think Reps is scum Alakaslam. He is definitely the closest thing to scum we have seen so far. But lets say we lynch him and he turns out to be townie. Then we just lynched a bad townie. It would not be a loss.

True, but the same goes for lurkers, whereas if reps weren't scum, he would possibly get better.

So why is reps better than a lurker?

I am || close to voting the squishy.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 22:45 GMT
#436
On August 01 2013 07:29 reps)squishy wrote:
I don't know what made me a bad townie people. I read guides watched the mafia meta (like Alakaslam wanted me to do) and people that bandwagon tend to be mafia to I voted Usami. The favorite to get lynched right now is me. I did not know being a newbie came off as scum which was my biggest blunder. My newbie claims were truthful and my responses have not been the best with all the pressure of being center of the spotlight in my first mafia game. By night time if I am not lynched I will have a far greater chance to improve and help the town out.

O.O

Watching reps is like watching myself

See this is why I am reluctant to vote him.

Reps much of this straight up comes with experience. But believe me, the most important thing you can do is care 0% about staying alive and 100% about finding out who is scum and voting them immediately. This will be very hard.

Also, keep talking. The more you say about why you think what you do will be more likely to show those who see it your alignment. But read (NOT SKIM) those guides, they are actually really good. Heck I fail them often enough but who can remember 100% of what they read.

Just... If you're here ask questions and give answers, read filters and keep up on the thread. You seem to be doing ok but you are drawing conclusions exactly as I did back when.

BE CARELESS! You are town? Prove it with truth! Just spout honesty! But don't role claim unles you are vanilla town.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
July 31 2013 22:47 GMT
#438
On bandwagon ing: you have emphasis backwards. Not ppl who bandwagon are mafia; mafia tend to join bandwagons. I do too, as town! Just make sure you ACTUALLY agree with the wagon before voting.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings194
SHIN 135
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 356
ByuN 305
SHIN 135
Railgan 31
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 76508
Calm 11015
Rain 2537
Bisu 1286
FanTaSy 843
soO 578
Stork 436
Shuttle 387
Rush 259
Soma 240
[ Show more ]
firebathero 202
Snow 181
Last 152
Light 104
Mind 83
Pusan 68
ToSsGirL 51
Trap 39
Bale 37
hero 33
Killer 32
Sharp 31
Hm[arnc] 30
Mong 28
Free 24
Shine 20
zelot 20
Aegong 19
sorry 19
yabsab 16
Sexy 15
HiyA 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7596
Dendi422
League of Legends
Reynor98
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1114
fl0m370
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Other Games
gofns36335
singsing2145
byalli554
B2W.Neo490
Pyrionflax242
ToD135
Chillindude16
Trikslyr1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV255
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 88
• Gemini_19 12
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV529
League of Legends
• Jankos3306
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1062
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 58m
OSC
10h 58m
Replay Cast
10h 58m
OSC
23h 58m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.