• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:41
CEST 11:41
KST 18:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7630 users

I Swear This Is Normal Mini Mafia - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 71 Next
GravityMan
Profile Joined June 2013
Guyana (French)188 Posts
June 11 2013 18:00 GMT
#641
I find it somewhat distressing that some people who play the game of mafia make little to no active contributions whatsoever but there is often little I can do other than grin and bear it, or hope to remove them from our midst with a lynch or a vigilante shot.

These may not be good lynches or shots but until action is taken it is nearly impossible to learn anything about this type of person. I have come to learn that people are content to play the game in their own way. Take the master of Oats, for example.

Now, if you are dissatisfied with the way that I am playing the game, you are welcome to instigate proceedings against me if you feel that is the best course of action. I would posit that there are many worse offenders of the specific transgression by which you appear to be bothered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Pkpp49aMk
GravityMan
Profile Joined June 2013
Guyana (French)188 Posts
June 11 2013 18:04 GMT
#642
Ah, the perceived need to defend myself has distracted me from the task at hand and I have forgotten to pursue my own course of action.

Hapahauli, if you do not know the answer to my question regarding this Sylencia, perhaps someone else does. In the meantime, I will be moving on as time is quickly winding down and there is much action yet to be taken ex noctis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Pkpp49aMk
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 18:18 GMT
#643
Hmmm. I need to think about Shaio a bit more. His last scum-game isn't as passive as I had remembered it.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 18:20 GMT
#644
Actually nah he's not scum.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
GravityMan
Profile Joined June 2013
Guyana (French)188 Posts
June 11 2013 18:20 GMT
#645
On June 12 2013 03:18 Hapahauli wrote:
Hmmm. I need to think about Shaio a bit more. His last scum-game isn't as passive as I had remembered it.

Will any future case you may be devising be solely based on this last scum-game and comparing it to this one?
I certainly would not mind discussing with you if you felt there was something within this game you felt might direct us to him being mafioso.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Pkpp49aMk
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 18:20 GMT
#646
@ Gravity Man

There are at the very least 2-3 scum-suspects, so give me anyone you're suspicious of please.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
GravityMan
Profile Joined June 2013
Guyana (French)188 Posts
June 11 2013 18:30 GMT
#647
As I have just read through this ShiaoPi, I have come to a similar conclusion to you in that I do not believe he is scummy, though one section of one post of his stood out:
early game I am not too active usually, just how it is. Day 1s always are a bit tedious to get the ball roling. did try to do it with prodding vayne.

Here he makes it seem as though his legitimate case on this VayneAuthority was nothing more than a way to get first-day discussion started. I am not sure why he would feel the need to downplay his earlier contribution unless he was for some reason worried that his assault of a pre-claimed cop would get him into trouble. Of course I also realize that he may be simply referring to his case as something that created discussion rather than an attempt to create discussion by making a case. Either way it struck me as being odd.

The rest of his filter appears full of genuine attempts to divine alignment from other players while being overall unconcerned with the views of others regarding himself, a decidedly town-aligned trait. I agree that ShiaoPi should not be a concern based on his activity within this game, unless you have something to add from past games, Hapahauli?

As for scum-reads, there is one I am currently working on besides this Sylencia; I will expand upon it soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Pkpp49aMk
GravityMan
Profile Joined June 2013
Guyana (French)188 Posts
June 11 2013 18:53 GMT
#648
Two warnings that popped up in my HUD display as I was working on a read that I feel I should share:
On June 12 2013 02:33 Stutters695 wrote:
As always my weekends suck ass sorry. I'll be back in full force tonight.

I am well aware that the human population of this website who play mafia games hail from different locations around the planet, but is Monday part of the weekend in any specific country? I believe this Stutters said he was busy 'catching up,' but posted nothing of any use and it appeasr to be well past the weekend. How long must we tolerate activity such as this from various players?

I have notice that this Axlegreaser appears to play this game much like I do. Is he another DWN in disguise I wonder? He asks many questions of people and is content to speculate on behavioural analysis as well as the general ideas and heuristics behind the game of mafia, yet offers very little in reads himself. I believe his last scum read offered was ShiaoPi though I cannot honestly be sure. As of right now I have no idea who he believes to be mafia. I do enjoy conversing with him as mentioned earlier so I would be pleased if he were to engage me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Pkpp49aMk
GravityMan
Profile Joined June 2013
Guyana (French)188 Posts
June 11 2013 19:37 GMT
#649
Upon further consideration, I will wait to post the read I have analyzed until right before or right after the night's deadline; I have not decided which. It is my period of highest activity and in the mean time since activity is low people can choose to comment what I have written so far or not. I will be present.

I am not altogether concerned about having my functions ended by being shot by mafia, though I would prefer if this Hapahauli decides to shoot me with his temporary firearm that he at least inform me ahead of time so that I may post before I cease function and assist the town in their future tasks as much as possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Pkpp49aMk
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 19:52 GMT
#650
Gravity - post it now. You're in zero danger of getting shot by anyone but myself.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
GravityMan
Profile Joined June 2013
Guyana (French)188 Posts
June 11 2013 20:07 GMT
#651
I am currently under such a heavy load that even my core and central processor are having difficulty accommodating to the stress.
I would rather be able to fully engage the thread at the time of my posting and I am not certain of my ability to be able to do that presently. If you so desire I will post my read before the deadline is upon us; until then you must either make your decision, wait, or discuss that which has already been brought up. As a human being you have the choice and free will to do any of those things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Pkpp49aMk
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 20:12 GMT
#652
Post a tl;dr then.

I want a chance to look at your read and see if it has any substance. There's a reasonable chance I get NK'd myself, and you posting at the deadline might kill any chance I have of seeing your contributions.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 20:13 GMT
#653
Because there is literally no objective purpose to you with-holding your read. Who cares if you can't "fully engage the thread at the time of posting"... that should not be a factor. Post your reads, let us discuss them, and then you can "engage" later.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 20:13 GMT
#654
Or if you want motivation, consider this my intent to shoot you unless you post your reads right now.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
GravityMan
Profile Joined June 2013
Guyana (French)188 Posts
June 11 2013 20:43 GMT
#655
On June 12 2013 05:13 Hapahauli wrote:
Because there is literally no objective purpose to you with-holding your read. Who cares if you can't "fully engage the thread at the time of posting"... that should not be a factor. Post your reads, let us discuss them, and then you can "engage" later.

The point I am trying to make is that I will not be around to discuss them in full as I would like to, and consider the subject of my read and what information I will be trying to express to the thread, I certainly would like to be. Considering the subject of my read and what I believe I have learned about him in this game thus far, I do not believe his reaction will be...favorable, and the last thing I want is a disruption of thread direction to a degree where it becomes unproductive for the town.

On June 12 2013 05:13 Hapahauli wrote:
Or if you want motivation, consider this my intent to shoot you unless you post your reads right now.

From what I believe I have learned about you, you are certainly a far better player than to actually destroy me; this is what people refer to as a 'bluff.' While under general circumstances I have no problem 'calling' said bluff, the benefits to the town in me posting likely outweigh any perceived personal benefits I would have by waiting to post something complete.

The 'too long; did not read' version of my post, as it were:
I believe the man with Blazing hands to be scum.

He is far too content to take on those who are unlikely to be able to accuse him in return.

The displays of his ego given so far would seemingly belie that the mayoral campaign should have been perfect for him yet he is quick to back down. His reasoning is the same 'survival instinct' that this VayneAuthority seems to give yet different. I believe that Blazinghand is in actuality worried here about a power grab being seen as a scum trait, much as I was worried about you in the early game.

His relentless attack of the master of Oats seems to ebb and flow with the tide of the thread; that is, he only attempts to waste the town's time by attacking him and causing chaos (as he knows the Oats will react) when it is convenient for scum. Any time a clear mislynch target is not in the crosshairs of the town, jampidampi as example, he is content with thread direction; the exception to this being his quick flip in opinion as jampidampi returned to the thread.

He has had zero useful contribution to the thread beyond what I have outlined above. If he has other suspects in this game I am not sure as to whom they might be. On this he promised more activity tomorrow, however.
I would like to make it known that initially I thought he might be a member of the town until he continued to post and I realized how his perception of himself (or at the very least, the mask he wears so that people perceive as an egotistical being) affects his play.

I am not providing specific proof and quotes here as you wished for a version that I would be able to provide currently. It is my sincere hope that it benefits the town. Make of it what you will.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Pkpp49aMk
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 20:50 GMT
#656
Who would you rather die tonight - BH, Syl, or Stutters? And why?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 11 2013 21:04 GMT
#657
shoot gravity man imo
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 21:32 GMT
#658
On June 12 2013 06:04 Blazinghand wrote:
shoot gravity man imo


Did you ISO him like you said you would last night?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 11 2013 21:33 GMT
#659
nop
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 11 2013 21:36 GMT
#660
i'm actually just about to step out to dinner for a couple hours but after/during that I'll take a look at him. and afterwards i'll post some more cogent analysis
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 71 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 9428
Rain 3401
Soulkey 358
BeSt 349
soO 330
Soma 324
Stork 318
Rush 224
firebathero 188
Barracks 167
[ Show more ]
Sexy 68
Shinee 37
Killer 35
Shine 26
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 17
sorry 17
Sacsri 16
Sharp 15
yabsab 15
Terrorterran 7
Noble 5
zelot 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4701
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 466
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
gofns31087
singsing899
WinterStarcraft655
Pyrionflax187
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV181
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 59
• Sammyuel 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2197
• WagamamaTV104
League of Legends
• Jankos2601
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19m
Patches Events
5h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 19m
OSC
13h 19m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.