• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:48
CEST 19:48
KST 02:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6738 users

I Swear This Is Normal Mini Mafia - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 71 Next
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
June 10 2013 23:27 GMT
#421
prequel: as I wrote this, I can feel in my bones, I will be brain farting this morning. If what is say is more that usual ask, at sometime appropriate. Were kinda busy now.

====
Ok, I am here again. its 9am where I live barring coffees, I should be here for Lynch.

I have read the thread once. As a reminder to myself and the thread, stuff has happened between my last post and here.
(yeah obv is obv) but no matter how hard I or you try everybody ought read this bit again after lynch. (yeah obv is obv) I am still rubbing sleep out of my eyes. The sorts of things i wont see is,second order effects, which people didnt push stuff, but muddied the waters.

Anyways: First order of business, because for me its simplest. I have not seen anything I noticed that, in anyway convinced me to change my mayor vote. So vote on Hapa stays, and is reaffirmed as current.

Hapa For mayor.
+ Show Spoiler [ignorable as long as hapa is mayor] +

Lots of stuff hasn't been said about this: so i will quickly. What if the mayoral power is immunity to cop checks.(although our cop having claimed probably wont get to be that useful.) Anyway I always liked hapa for mayor, for the other obv reasons but also because (even I was wrong and he's scum) I think wed still work it out, as he posts so many reads.
Conversely putting someone like Vayne, who Bh says fooled him last time in as mayor where powers might leave us up the creek. Also given Vayne closed, style of play, nah not mayor. Too much risk. Remember way back when I (I think) flagged risk benefit analysis for mayor, this is the kind of stuff thinking I meant.
Hapa for mayor.




Potentially viable(someone wanted/was pushing them) lynches when I went to bed, included :
Re: Oats vs BH that occupied me last up.
BH: Reading through the thread once. Gut read. I still wouldn't lynch him today, period. hes probably townier than that but that is irrelevant if I am just not going to vote to lynch him.
Oats: Like I said I cant usually gut read oats, as i have to read him(the whole thread in context) specifically only thinking about his motives. However, didnt want to lynch him yesterday wouldnt today.

There had been stuff on jampi, I wasn't keen at the time, so I didn't vote, indeed for time i was worried by the looming concept of lurker lynches. We had two back then, Shiaopi and DP. DP is being replaced, so that ought be off in case the replacement plays and is readable town.
Shioapi appearing like that after so long rubs me wrong, but i think its me thing not a proper feel.

Vayne: I know i cant do a gut read on this, but logic tells me we cant lynch a cop claim much to much risk. basically
Not Lynch: Elapsed time is very likely to resolve the situation with a high degree of certainty, and scum is given harder choices.
whereas lynch: if he's the cop, then we lose the cop AND scum is free to kill a high priority good player target. That would be bad.

So i cant vote vayne:

##vote: jampidampi

A said i am here. I will be trying to critically analyse the newer stuff said on jampi unlessomeones talking.
Indeed the trhead probably moved since i started writing.



Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
June 10 2013 23:36 GMT
#422
Actually changed my mind, going to find smaller things to respond to, going turtle and thinking hard wont work in this time frame.
On June 11 2013 06:08 Stutters695 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 05:16 VayneAuthority wrote:
thats fine hap, if no roleblock is claimed tomorrow kill BH. If his scumslip is real scum is goon, framer, gf team so my role isnt that great anyway. im dead tonight unless we have medic so glhf. my last post for today

Sorry I'm still catching up. What scum slip/how does a rb claim affect it? Don't both sides have a potential roleblock?

I don't know for sure, Vayne would have to explain what he meant but it seems he doesn't. (aka please do)
I saw that as I read here is what i recall of my guess. Vayne is heavily into vote analysis, kill analysis, and guessign at the setup. it appears to work where he comes from, how it can work here where scum players make their decision for different priorities remains a mystery to me.
My guess was, BH was saying stuff about what ought happen, Vayne (guessed) BH was scum, and that he knew what roles scum had, and so was doing whatever it was BH did just before that as part of some scum plan, and that somehow this had let vayne reverse engineer the setup. it didnt read as valid analysis. I could be wrong but it seemed to align with a vayne survival motivation.
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
June 10 2013 23:39 GMT
#423
On June 11 2013 06:50 Blazinghand wrote:
the point is at the start of the game I thought VA would be a good town player.


Curious, i think your observation was of his scum game,
could he have been a good scum player, whose skills wouldn't translate well to being good town.
If he played his town game with meta that looked like the scum game you played with him, would it
have been good town play?

Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 10 2013 23:41 GMT
#424
make sure you vote in the voting thread Axle
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
June 10 2013 23:41 GMT
#425
On June 11 2013 07:47 Hapahauli wrote:
half this thread is annoyingly lurky


yeah, at the moment, 2hrs 20 to Lynch and i just spammed the thread !!
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
June 10 2013 23:41 GMT
#426
On June 11 2013 08:41 Hapahauli wrote:
make sure you vote in the voting thread Axle


brain fart.
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
June 10 2013 23:41 GMT
#427
On June 11 2013 08:39 AxleGreaser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 06:50 Blazinghand wrote:
the point is at the start of the game I thought VA would be a good town player.


Curious, i think your observation was of his scum game,
could he have been a good scum player, whose skills wouldn't translate well to being good town.
If he played his town game with meta that looked like the scum game you played with him, would it
have been good town play?



Depends whether it was orange or green or red on the venn diagram. I mean, the way he played in the scum game was that he seemed helpful and made me think he was town. So yes, if he played as he did in his scum game, that is to say, he seemed helpful and made me think he was town, I would have thought he was town, since by definitions i'd think he was town. I wouldn't call him out for playing poorly.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 10 2013 23:43 GMT
#428
Gonna grab dinner. I'll be back in an hour or two.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
June 11 2013 00:18 GMT
#429
well stuff went down while I was asleep I guess.
Jampis vote does look terrible so I am willing to off him as well, but I'd like him to pop back into the thread and try to explain. I am currently on my phone right now and will be for most of the day, so can't do too much rereading filterdiving atm. I am here though and will keep checking the thread.

##unvote lynch
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
June 11 2013 00:25 GMT
#430
Ok... day 1 claim is unfortunate

##unvote is the obvious first move

GravityMan:
On June 11 2013 01:14 GravityMan wrote:
Sylencia.
Hello. If you are not currently otherwise occupied, I have some queries for you that I feel would help me gain a better understand of you. If you would answer them I would be greatly pleased.
Do you have any reads on scum other than this VayneAuthority?
What do you make of the altercation between the Oatsmaster and this Blazinghand?
You mention that you are often lynched early in other games. Why is this?


1) No, not really, everyone is acting really erratically this game and it's making things kind of difficult to work out.
2) That argument was actually rather annoying - flamefests just spam up the thread uselessly and demoralises the town side most of the time. I don't even feel like there was anything productive that came from it...
3) Lurkerish, lynchbait, scum jump on my weak cases etc. etc.

Unless Jampi shows up soon (he said he would be here around now right?), I'm going to put a vote on him going mostly on Hapa's reasoning.

##vote Jampi
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
June 11 2013 00:31 GMT
#431
now onto ehom to mayor. I dont think that we should mayor vayne. His townplay until now has been fucking terrible. Hapa is currently locked in to get it whoch is ok, though not my first choice better than any other alteenative besides me.
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
June 11 2013 00:33 GMT
#432
On June 11 2013 09:31 ShiaoPi wrote:
now onto ehom to mayor. I dont think that we should mayor vayne. His townplay until now has been fucking terrible. Hapa is currently locked in to get it whoch is ok, though not my first choice better than any other alteenative besides me.


You really have no room to call me terrible when you led the fucking lynch on me, BH is excused but not you. Sorry that you jump to conclusions and can't actually scumhunt champ =(
I come in for the scraps
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
June 11 2013 00:38 GMT
#433
On June 11 2013 09:33 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 09:31 ShiaoPi wrote:
now onto ehom to mayor. I dont think that we should mayor vayne. His townplay until now has been fucking terrible. Hapa is currently locked in to get it whoch is ok, though not my first choice better than any other alteenative besides me.


You really have no room to call me terrible when you led the fucking lynch on me, BH is excused but not you. Sorry that you jump to conclusions and can't actually scumhunt champ =(

you cant seriously say that your play was optimal town. If you seriously believe that you are deluded. My case was legit, its just common sense not to lynch the cop claim
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
June 11 2013 00:43 GMT
#434
On June 11 2013 09:38 ShiaoPi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 09:33 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 11 2013 09:31 ShiaoPi wrote:
now onto ehom to mayor. I dont think that we should mayor vayne. His townplay until now has been fucking terrible. Hapa is currently locked in to get it whoch is ok, though not my first choice better than any other alteenative besides me.


You really have no room to call me terrible when you led the fucking lynch on me, BH is excused but not you. Sorry that you jump to conclusions and can't actually scumhunt champ =(

you cant seriously say that your play was optimal town. If you seriously believe that you are deluded. My case was legit, its just common sense not to lynch the cop claim


If that's your logic then bussing must be the ultimate weapon against you. This guy killed scum for us! that is optimal for town! he must be town! No thats not how it works. Bad play does not equal scum. In fact it's usually the opposite in games outside of newbies. Town is more likely to just post what they want while scum want to look as pro-town as possible and avoid looking suspicious.
I come in for the scraps
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
June 11 2013 00:52 GMT
#435
where does bussing matter if I am saying you played scummy as fuck?!
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
June 11 2013 01:05 GMT
#436
Overloading power onto one player (mayor blue) always seemed like a bad idea anyways right, especially if they have a chance of just dying after tonight.
jampidampi
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland386 Posts
June 11 2013 01:06 GMT
#437
Now catching up
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
June 11 2013 01:09 GMT
#438
brb dinner
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 11 2013 01:10 GMT
#439
On June 11 2013 10:09 Blazinghand wrote:
brb dinner


That's a lot of dinner d00d.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
GravityMan
Profile Joined June 2013
Guyana (French)188 Posts
June 11 2013 01:12 GMT
#440
On June 11 2013 10:09 Blazinghand wrote:
brb dinner

Is there some way for you to prove to those of us present that you are actually consuming nutrients at the moment?
A picture would suffice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Pkpp49aMk
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 71 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM753
TKL 322
TaKeTV 255
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 110
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 753
TKL 322
IndyStarCraft 190
MaxPax 162
ProTech138
BRAT_OK 110
UpATreeSC 86
MindelVK 19
EmSc Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 909
EffOrt 561
Mini 529
ggaemo 177
firebathero 150
White-Ra 69
Barracks 57
910 50
Hyun 50
Shinee 45
[ Show more ]
Shine 35
Bale 26
Killer 25
Trap 22
ToSsGirL 18
soO 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4036
Counter-Strike
Fnx 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
crisheroes1339
Liquid`Hasu1144
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2558
singsing1670
B2W.Neo840
ceh9656
Beastyqt598
ArmadaUGS141
C9.Mang0116
Dewaltoss46
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream470
Other Games
BasetradeTV171
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2447
• TFBlade824
Other Games
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.