• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6725 users

PTP IV - Demon's Run - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 All
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 03 2013 17:24 GMT
#3613
On July 04 2013 01:57 WaveofShadow wrote:
dec how in the shit did so many people end up with their own roles
When I found out I had my own role, dec told me I was the only one it happened to.

I was gonna jump all over BC D1 because I thought he was lying as not-mafia before things got cleared up.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 03 2013 18:10 GMT
#3617
ROLE SO STRONK.

All three of those options win the game if I'm not overly paranoid. Bullshit Anti-Mafia Voltron indeed.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 03 2013 18:26 GMT
#3620
On July 04 2013 03:15 gonzaw wrote:
Well austin, you forget he has to be alive by N3, and can only use it that N3 (I thought he could only use it at N4 since I thought he would get the item the NEXT phase).
Also it's one shot

Hmm...although I had it thought with more players in mind lol. I thought that by N3 there would be like 10-13 players alive, so he using them right there wouldn't be that OP; but if he kept them for longer he could get shot/lynched

Also, if Xfire was scum, wouldn't it be Bullshit Anti-Town Voltron?
Oh yeah, it's purely a result of the context. It could certainly be Bullshit Anti-Town Voltron, although if you aren't mafia with him you can either (1) try and get him to pick bad options or (2) tell town everything he can ever do, assuming he ever gives up that he has your role. Someone with that role might not know on D1 how powerful it could be in the future, and might say it's yours.

I think I'm just salty that the role made things difficult. I did jack all this game except try to get kita lynched and try to figure out what you and crossfire were going to do during night phases.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 03 2013 18:43 GMT
#3627
Some MIGHT say that's not a good thing, and we were doing the world a service. lololol
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 03 2013 18:48 GMT
#3628
On July 04 2013 03:42 geript wrote:
To be fair, I only got to resurrect if I got shot twice in a cycle or decided not to absorb a hit. That's was my problem. There was no intention put in to balance the game.

That's somewhat the nature of PTP. I hope for PTP games to be more "fun" than "balanced," the first bit of this game was so tame for PTP, until everyone started resurrecting and whatnot.

Even if we'd had a fourth mafia member, there were so many roles with a wide variance: my role, Inventorizer, crossfire, strongandbig, solstice, plus the random movement of the TARDIS...I don't think you actually CAN balance that out.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 03 2013 19:01 GMT
#3634
On July 04 2013 03:54 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 00:41 austinmcc wrote:
On July 03 2013 09:01 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Austins power was so fucking pro town that he blended in so well with terrible townies -_-
I ended up hating the first part of my role. Every time I've made a PTP role, I'm thinking of something fun from a town side of things, not really one that's great for everyone.

I figured someone would get the role, send out messages, give away something pro-town (with the option for roleblocker if mafia got it), and then over the course of 2-3 days amass a bunch of info about who chose what, be able to release it and maybe do something good.

In mafia's hands, especially with only 3 of us and getting outed early, it was "Force yourself to give town powers." I send out PMs, have to claim the PMs eventually, and then it becomes horribly obvious that I've been gifting powers to mafia if I ever do. I can't even fake anything, because I'd have to fakeclaim both a fake target of my role-gifting AND lie about someone choosing that person AND have that person on the list anyway, because the second person-chooser would know if they weren't.

I could have maybe given us a vig somewhere, but it would have come out later. Stupid role just couldn't be NOT pro town, the best I could do was give vet or hope people mediced the targets I thought they would.



Also, as far as roles are concerned, I loved the idea of a choose your own adventure role, almost made one as well, but...I don't think I like how they work in actuality. At least for the other faction, knowing that gonzaw knew crossfire's role, could lead him to all the good choices and none of the mediocre, and could talk in code with crossfire. The choose your adventure role becomes a quasi-mason AND is toughish to balance because instead of having all these choices, crossfire can be told what choices to make each time for the best outcome.



Tip for next time: don't make a role that only works for town
Yeah, I learned me a lesson. I thought about submitted a role for each alignment, but...then that sucks because it gives you extra information about alignments.

Next PTP I'll just give up on actual powers entirely and give somebody an enormous list of bonus win cons.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-03 19:37:59
July 03 2013 19:36 GMT
#3638
PTP5: PY(PTP)

Everyone creates a role, roles are all in the open and get drafted?

e: With some extra roles thrown in or something.
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 12 13 14 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
ViBE125
ProTech123
Nathanias 89
RuFF_SC2 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15654
Rain 1534
GuemChi 905
Artosis 692
Bale 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever487
Counter-Strike
taco 178
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1000
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g7272
WinterStarcraft525
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0417
Trikslyr63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick898
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta25
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra546
• Shiphtur379
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 50m
INu's Battles
9h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 50m
OSC
21h 5m
Replay Cast
21h 50m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.