• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:46
CEST 01:46
KST 08:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9024 users

Roulette Mini Mafia - Page 83

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 97 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 17 2013 23:26 GMT
#1641
Future notes to myself (and anyone else who wants to read):
I'm going to have a problem attempting to read into Vayne's meta.
His play is way too erratic and as he has said (I can't remember if it was here or in the postgame from I Swear) he has only had one good game here on TL and it was Les Mafia where we were both scum. He played better than I did in that game and we both played well. His bluesniping was top-notch though if he's scum that skill has effectively been neutered in this game due to setup; could explain a slightly worse scumgame from him?

As town his nonchalance fits basically every game he's played. His activity is sporadic. He makes a point of noting that he often catches scum based on 'gutreads' in the early game. He offers very little to no analysis throughout much of any game yet makes a point sometimes of talking about how his reads later in the game are better since he 'hates' D1.


These are all basic notes of what I know about Vayne, scum or town, before actually diving in and reading this game and the rest of his meta looking for patterns. I will not be using this post a means to call him town or scum; rather they are simply starting points.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
June 17 2013 23:27 GMT
#1642
Oh dear, not being noted by vayne. How will I ever live with myself?!

You're wanting to lynch vivax. That's one. Then you're saying that both me and jay are setting you up for a "mislynch". That's three. Either you don't actually believe vivax is scum, or you don't believe that "setting you up for a mislynch" is actually scummy. You can't have both.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 17 2013 23:27 GMT
#1643
On June 18 2013 08:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 08:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:13 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:10 mkfuba07 wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:59 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:58 mkfuba07 wrote:
What are you talking about? I don't see how those two situations are in any way similar or related. I didn't even say anything about you giving rayn a town read. Scum vivax, with the cop role, could have given a town read to anyone in the game. He instead gave it to the one person most likely to be mislynched (imo). That would have been a silly play for scum.


they are pretty much exactly the same. A scummy person giving a town read on some one that most of the game thinks is scum.

Everyone was voting rayn and I gave him a town read

everyone was suspicious of vivax/going to vote him and he gave sentinel a town check, some one that the game also thought was pretty scummy.

what is the difference

The difference is the ACTUAL ALIGNMENT OF THE FLIPPED TOWN READ/CHECK! And also the complete lack of any reasoning whatsoever on your part. Town vivax was cop, he checked his scumread, scumread comes back town, he says in the thread that he's town. There is reason for town vivax to believe it. Exactly as much reason as you would have had to believe the check if we lynched vivax and he flipped town, as a matter of fact. Scum vivax, on the other hand, was giving a town *check* on someone who is likely to be lynched. That *doesn't* make sense.

You gave a town *read* on someone for no reason whatsoever. That person ended up flipping and was revealed as the scum power role. You had no reason to give a town read on rayn as town (as shown by the fact that you didn't actually have a reason for your town read). As scum, however, the reason is obvious.

That is how the two are different.


if you want your reason here it is: There is zero benefit to a scum player trying to buddy up with a player that has no pull in the game, so the fact that he tried that with me as opposed to some one that could actually change his lynch was baffling.

How was he trying to change his lynch exactly by 'buddying' you?
I remember you bringing that up earlier and thought to myself that it was strange that you'd think of ti that way.
You, my friend, have warranted a re-read.

In fact I think I want to start actually putting some effort in now since my lategame play is notoriously bad.
Kita, thoughts on the mislynch please?


At this point I doubt this town will ever win, much too fickle. At least I have a clear cut plan on how to approach this game instead of just randomly killing off town.

You don't think its weird that scum that is set to be lynched would randomly say I am town when there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop him from being lynched?

I think scum do what they wanna do when they're on the chopping block.
You should know this.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
June 17 2013 23:32 GMT
#1644
On June 18 2013 08:27 mkfuba07 wrote:
Oh dear, not being noted by vayne. How will I ever live with myself?!

You're wanting to lynch vivax. That's one. Then you're saying that both me and jay are setting you up for a "mislynch". That's three. Either you don't actually believe vivax is scum, or you don't believe that "setting you up for a mislynch" is actually scummy. You can't have both.


I'm trying to figure out if scum would plant the idea or simply follow up on it. I think you know where I'm going with this. Your newfound aggressive/arrogant attitude is intriguing as the game clamps down on the few left and you struggle to fight for your life. Is your towncred from the rayn lynch perhaps wearing off and you feel the clenching noose coming down on you?

only time will tell.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
June 17 2013 23:33 GMT
#1645
On June 18 2013 08:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 08:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:13 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:10 mkfuba07 wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:59 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:58 mkfuba07 wrote:
What are you talking about? I don't see how those two situations are in any way similar or related. I didn't even say anything about you giving rayn a town read. Scum vivax, with the cop role, could have given a town read to anyone in the game. He instead gave it to the one person most likely to be mislynched (imo). That would have been a silly play for scum.


they are pretty much exactly the same. A scummy person giving a town read on some one that most of the game thinks is scum.

Everyone was voting rayn and I gave him a town read

everyone was suspicious of vivax/going to vote him and he gave sentinel a town check, some one that the game also thought was pretty scummy.

what is the difference

The difference is the ACTUAL ALIGNMENT OF THE FLIPPED TOWN READ/CHECK! And also the complete lack of any reasoning whatsoever on your part. Town vivax was cop, he checked his scumread, scumread comes back town, he says in the thread that he's town. There is reason for town vivax to believe it. Exactly as much reason as you would have had to believe the check if we lynched vivax and he flipped town, as a matter of fact. Scum vivax, on the other hand, was giving a town *check* on someone who is likely to be lynched. That *doesn't* make sense.

You gave a town *read* on someone for no reason whatsoever. That person ended up flipping and was revealed as the scum power role. You had no reason to give a town read on rayn as town (as shown by the fact that you didn't actually have a reason for your town read). As scum, however, the reason is obvious.

That is how the two are different.


if you want your reason here it is: There is zero benefit to a scum player trying to buddy up with a player that has no pull in the game, so the fact that he tried that with me as opposed to some one that could actually change his lynch was baffling.

How was he trying to change his lynch exactly by 'buddying' you?
I remember you bringing that up earlier and thought to myself that it was strange that you'd think of ti that way.
You, my friend, have warranted a re-read.

In fact I think I want to start actually putting some effort in now since my lategame play is notoriously bad.
Kita, thoughts on the mislynch please?


At this point I doubt this town will ever win, much too fickle. At least I have a clear cut plan on how to approach this game instead of just randomly killing off town.

You don't think its weird that scum that is set to be lynched would randomly say I am town when there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop him from being lynched?

I think scum do what they wanna do when they're on the chopping block.
You should know this.


But we did not know he was scum at the time...you keep asking/answering these questions with the assumption rayn was scum. At the time we did not know. I thought only a town rayn would attempt to get help from a newer player for no reason but apparently I was wrong. If he was scum on the chopping block I would much more expect him to try to garner trust from a vet and have them get the mislynch off him.
I come in for the scraps
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 17 2013 23:37 GMT
#1646
On June 18 2013 08:33 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 08:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:13 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:10 mkfuba07 wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:59 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:58 mkfuba07 wrote:
What are you talking about? I don't see how those two situations are in any way similar or related. I didn't even say anything about you giving rayn a town read. Scum vivax, with the cop role, could have given a town read to anyone in the game. He instead gave it to the one person most likely to be mislynched (imo). That would have been a silly play for scum.


they are pretty much exactly the same. A scummy person giving a town read on some one that most of the game thinks is scum.

Everyone was voting rayn and I gave him a town read

everyone was suspicious of vivax/going to vote him and he gave sentinel a town check, some one that the game also thought was pretty scummy.

what is the difference

The difference is the ACTUAL ALIGNMENT OF THE FLIPPED TOWN READ/CHECK! And also the complete lack of any reasoning whatsoever on your part. Town vivax was cop, he checked his scumread, scumread comes back town, he says in the thread that he's town. There is reason for town vivax to believe it. Exactly as much reason as you would have had to believe the check if we lynched vivax and he flipped town, as a matter of fact. Scum vivax, on the other hand, was giving a town *check* on someone who is likely to be lynched. That *doesn't* make sense.

You gave a town *read* on someone for no reason whatsoever. That person ended up flipping and was revealed as the scum power role. You had no reason to give a town read on rayn as town (as shown by the fact that you didn't actually have a reason for your town read). As scum, however, the reason is obvious.

That is how the two are different.


if you want your reason here it is: There is zero benefit to a scum player trying to buddy up with a player that has no pull in the game, so the fact that he tried that with me as opposed to some one that could actually change his lynch was baffling.

How was he trying to change his lynch exactly by 'buddying' you?
I remember you bringing that up earlier and thought to myself that it was strange that you'd think of ti that way.
You, my friend, have warranted a re-read.

In fact I think I want to start actually putting some effort in now since my lategame play is notoriously bad.
Kita, thoughts on the mislynch please?


At this point I doubt this town will ever win, much too fickle. At least I have a clear cut plan on how to approach this game instead of just randomly killing off town.

You don't think its weird that scum that is set to be lynched would randomly say I am town when there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop him from being lynched?

I think scum do what they wanna do when they're on the chopping block.
You should know this.


But we did not know he was scum at the time...you keep asking/answering these questions with the assumption rayn was scum. At the time we did not know. I thought only a town rayn would attempt to get help from a newer player for no reason but apparently I was wrong. If he was scum on the chopping block I would much more expect him to try to garner trust from a vet and have them get the mislynch off him.

Or, ya know, scum WIFOM and shit, and it means nothing and you constantly look into it for what reason?
A scum Rayn would try to garner trust from a vet, huh? I think in every game I've ever played every time I've ever made obvious attempts to 'buddy' people (as town, mind you) I get called out for it. Vivax I believe one of those times was you.

If anything I think buddying up to a vet as scum is a horrible idea because it is likely to make said vet take a long hard look at you. (PS I don't have much regard for the vet/newbie split anymore for the record, I need to stop using the terms.)
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
June 17 2013 23:43 GMT
#1647
On June 18 2013 08:37 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 08:33 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:13 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:10 mkfuba07 wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:59 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:58 mkfuba07 wrote:
What are you talking about? I don't see how those two situations are in any way similar or related. I didn't even say anything about you giving rayn a town read. Scum vivax, with the cop role, could have given a town read to anyone in the game. He instead gave it to the one person most likely to be mislynched (imo). That would have been a silly play for scum.


they are pretty much exactly the same. A scummy person giving a town read on some one that most of the game thinks is scum.

Everyone was voting rayn and I gave him a town read

everyone was suspicious of vivax/going to vote him and he gave sentinel a town check, some one that the game also thought was pretty scummy.

what is the difference

The difference is the ACTUAL ALIGNMENT OF THE FLIPPED TOWN READ/CHECK! And also the complete lack of any reasoning whatsoever on your part. Town vivax was cop, he checked his scumread, scumread comes back town, he says in the thread that he's town. There is reason for town vivax to believe it. Exactly as much reason as you would have had to believe the check if we lynched vivax and he flipped town, as a matter of fact. Scum vivax, on the other hand, was giving a town *check* on someone who is likely to be lynched. That *doesn't* make sense.

You gave a town *read* on someone for no reason whatsoever. That person ended up flipping and was revealed as the scum power role. You had no reason to give a town read on rayn as town (as shown by the fact that you didn't actually have a reason for your town read). As scum, however, the reason is obvious.

That is how the two are different.


if you want your reason here it is: There is zero benefit to a scum player trying to buddy up with a player that has no pull in the game, so the fact that he tried that with me as opposed to some one that could actually change his lynch was baffling.

How was he trying to change his lynch exactly by 'buddying' you?
I remember you bringing that up earlier and thought to myself that it was strange that you'd think of ti that way.
You, my friend, have warranted a re-read.

In fact I think I want to start actually putting some effort in now since my lategame play is notoriously bad.
Kita, thoughts on the mislynch please?


At this point I doubt this town will ever win, much too fickle. At least I have a clear cut plan on how to approach this game instead of just randomly killing off town.

You don't think its weird that scum that is set to be lynched would randomly say I am town when there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop him from being lynched?

I think scum do what they wanna do when they're on the chopping block.
You should know this.


But we did not know he was scum at the time...you keep asking/answering these questions with the assumption rayn was scum. At the time we did not know. I thought only a town rayn would attempt to get help from a newer player for no reason but apparently I was wrong. If he was scum on the chopping block I would much more expect him to try to garner trust from a vet and have them get the mislynch off him.

Or, ya know, scum WIFOM and shit, and it means nothing and you constantly look into it for what reason?
A scum Rayn would try to garner trust from a vet, huh? I think in every game I've ever played every time I've ever made obvious attempts to 'buddy' people (as town, mind you) I get called out for it. Vivax I believe one of those times was you.

If anything I think buddying up to a vet as scum is a horrible idea because it is likely to make said vet take a long hard look at you. (PS I don't have much regard for the vet/newbie split anymore for the record, I need to stop using the terms.)


so why do I not get to keep up looking into but people get to bring up the fact that I wasn't on the rayn bandwagon? double standard much?

You guys are gonna have to do better then double standards and inconsistencies to pin anything on me.
I come in for the scraps
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
June 17 2013 23:49 GMT
#1648
Nothing I've said has been inconsistent.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 17 2013 23:50 GMT
#1649
On June 18 2013 08:43 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 08:37 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:33 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:13 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:10 mkfuba07 wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:59 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 07:58 mkfuba07 wrote:
What are you talking about? I don't see how those two situations are in any way similar or related. I didn't even say anything about you giving rayn a town read. Scum vivax, with the cop role, could have given a town read to anyone in the game. He instead gave it to the one person most likely to be mislynched (imo). That would have been a silly play for scum.


they are pretty much exactly the same. A scummy person giving a town read on some one that most of the game thinks is scum.

Everyone was voting rayn and I gave him a town read

everyone was suspicious of vivax/going to vote him and he gave sentinel a town check, some one that the game also thought was pretty scummy.

what is the difference

The difference is the ACTUAL ALIGNMENT OF THE FLIPPED TOWN READ/CHECK! And also the complete lack of any reasoning whatsoever on your part. Town vivax was cop, he checked his scumread, scumread comes back town, he says in the thread that he's town. There is reason for town vivax to believe it. Exactly as much reason as you would have had to believe the check if we lynched vivax and he flipped town, as a matter of fact. Scum vivax, on the other hand, was giving a town *check* on someone who is likely to be lynched. That *doesn't* make sense.

You gave a town *read* on someone for no reason whatsoever. That person ended up flipping and was revealed as the scum power role. You had no reason to give a town read on rayn as town (as shown by the fact that you didn't actually have a reason for your town read). As scum, however, the reason is obvious.

That is how the two are different.


if you want your reason here it is: There is zero benefit to a scum player trying to buddy up with a player that has no pull in the game, so the fact that he tried that with me as opposed to some one that could actually change his lynch was baffling.

How was he trying to change his lynch exactly by 'buddying' you?
I remember you bringing that up earlier and thought to myself that it was strange that you'd think of ti that way.
You, my friend, have warranted a re-read.

In fact I think I want to start actually putting some effort in now since my lategame play is notoriously bad.
Kita, thoughts on the mislynch please?


At this point I doubt this town will ever win, much too fickle. At least I have a clear cut plan on how to approach this game instead of just randomly killing off town.

You don't think its weird that scum that is set to be lynched would randomly say I am town when there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop him from being lynched?

I think scum do what they wanna do when they're on the chopping block.
You should know this.


But we did not know he was scum at the time...you keep asking/answering these questions with the assumption rayn was scum. At the time we did not know. I thought only a town rayn would attempt to get help from a newer player for no reason but apparently I was wrong. If he was scum on the chopping block I would much more expect him to try to garner trust from a vet and have them get the mislynch off him.

Or, ya know, scum WIFOM and shit, and it means nothing and you constantly look into it for what reason?
A scum Rayn would try to garner trust from a vet, huh? I think in every game I've ever played every time I've ever made obvious attempts to 'buddy' people (as town, mind you) I get called out for it. Vivax I believe one of those times was you.

If anything I think buddying up to a vet as scum is a horrible idea because it is likely to make said vet take a long hard look at you. (PS I don't have much regard for the vet/newbie split anymore for the record, I need to stop using the terms.)


so why do I not get to keep up looking into but people get to bring up the fact that I wasn't on the rayn bandwagon? double standard much?

You guys are gonna have to do better then double standards and inconsistencies to pin anything on me.

How is what I typed a double standard? Of course you're allowed to look into whatever you want, but I just find it interesting that this is one point you have consistently brought up as a defense for yourself, one that I personally see as having very little merit. I have to look into it a little bit more.

I didn't even bring up the fact that you weren't on the Rayn bandwagon.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 17 2013 23:58 GMT
#1650
Vayne I apologize for saying this in advance because I don't put much faith in it as a heuristic, but you're certainly pulling one of those 'the lady doth protest too much' deals on me here. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I don't know what I'm going to find when I dive you, and I'm not doing so just because I think you'll turn up scummy. In fact if you're ever looked into any of my filter-diving analysis, much of it pulling up points that can be thought of from either alignment and turning to the thread for assistance.

This is a stupid question, but why are you so concerned?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
June 18 2013 00:14 GMT
#1651
On June 18 2013 08:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Vayne I apologize for saying this in advance because I don't put much faith in it as a heuristic, but you're certainly pulling one of those 'the lady doth protest too much' deals on me here. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I don't know what I'm going to find when I dive you, and I'm not doing so just because I think you'll turn up scummy. In fact if you're ever looked into any of my filter-diving analysis, much of it pulling up points that can be thought of from either alignment and turning to the thread for assistance.

This is a stupid question, but why are you so concerned?


I haven't been mislynched yet, and I plan to keep it that way.
I come in for the scraps
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
June 18 2013 00:21 GMT
#1652
I'm going to have to do some rereading. Two more days till lylo. We have to get a a lynch this coming day. Or we at lylo assuming no saves. (But hell we have done a good job on that so far XD)
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 18 2013 00:22 GMT
#1653
On June 18 2013 09:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 08:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Vayne I apologize for saying this in advance because I don't put much faith in it as a heuristic, but you're certainly pulling one of those 'the lady doth protest too much' deals on me here. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I don't know what I'm going to find when I dive you, and I'm not doing so just because I think you'll turn up scummy. In fact if you're ever looked into any of my filter-diving analysis, much of it pulling up points that can be thought of from either alignment and turning to the thread for assistance.

This is a stupid question, but why are you so concerned?


I haven't been mislynched yet, and I plan to keep it that way.

Yes but there's a difference in how we play when we're about to get mislynched. (Which, as you've said, does not happen in the end.)
Your play is very self-centered and you're always out for survival, even when it's not arguably necessary (see your cop claim in I Swear). When I was about to get mislynched as GravityMan I didn't spout defense after defense, because you can still win a game even after being mislynched if you provide something that helps the town kill scum after you're gone. Your primary concern should be to lynch scum, not your own survival. End of story. I am aware that is not indicative of you being scum or town because that's just the way you play, but it's part of the reason why people haven't found you particularly useful in many of the games we have played together.

Eventually I imagine if you keep up your behaviour the way it has been you'd be the type of person to get policy lynched as people will realize it's not worth keeping you alive until later on. (Although a counterpoint to this is kushmasta's baffling lategame survival rate despite his play every game.)
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
June 18 2013 00:33 GMT
#1654
On June 18 2013 09:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 09:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Vayne I apologize for saying this in advance because I don't put much faith in it as a heuristic, but you're certainly pulling one of those 'the lady doth protest too much' deals on me here. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I don't know what I'm going to find when I dive you, and I'm not doing so just because I think you'll turn up scummy. In fact if you're ever looked into any of my filter-diving analysis, much of it pulling up points that can be thought of from either alignment and turning to the thread for assistance.

This is a stupid question, but why are you so concerned?


I haven't been mislynched yet, and I plan to keep it that way.

Yes but there's a difference in how we play when we're about to get mislynched. (Which, as you've said, does not happen in the end.)
Your play is very self-centered and you're always out for survival, even when it's not arguably necessary (see your cop claim in I Swear). When I was about to get mislynched as GravityMan I didn't spout defense after defense, because you can still win a game even after being mislynched if you provide something that helps the town kill scum after you're gone. Your primary concern should be to lynch scum, not your own survival. End of story. I am aware that is not indicative of you being scum or town because that's just the way you play, but it's part of the reason why people haven't found you particularly useful in many of the games we have played together.

Eventually I imagine if you keep up your behaviour the way it has been you'd be the type of person to get policy lynched as people will realize it's not worth keeping you alive until later on. (Although a counterpoint to this is kushmasta's baffling lategame survival rate despite his play every game.)


it was actually pretty necessary considering I had work all day that day and wouldn't be able to properly defend myself before the deadline. Would have lost a blue for no reason, but I digress this is pretty off-topic.

As I've said multiple times to anyone that takes that route when approaching me - If you don't like my play, so be it, but don't try to make it alignment indicative.
I come in for the scraps
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 18 2013 00:39 GMT
#1655
On June 18 2013 09:33 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 09:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 09:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Vayne I apologize for saying this in advance because I don't put much faith in it as a heuristic, but you're certainly pulling one of those 'the lady doth protest too much' deals on me here. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I don't know what I'm going to find when I dive you, and I'm not doing so just because I think you'll turn up scummy. In fact if you're ever looked into any of my filter-diving analysis, much of it pulling up points that can be thought of from either alignment and turning to the thread for assistance.

This is a stupid question, but why are you so concerned?


I haven't been mislynched yet, and I plan to keep it that way.

Yes but there's a difference in how we play when we're about to get mislynched. (Which, as you've said, does not happen in the end.)
Your play is very self-centered and you're always out for survival, even when it's not arguably necessary (see your cop claim in I Swear). When I was about to get mislynched as GravityMan I didn't spout defense after defense, because you can still win a game even after being mislynched if you provide something that helps the town kill scum after you're gone. Your primary concern should be to lynch scum, not your own survival. End of story. I am aware that is not indicative of you being scum or town because that's just the way you play, but it's part of the reason why people haven't found you particularly useful in many of the games we have played together.

Eventually I imagine if you keep up your behaviour the way it has been you'd be the type of person to get policy lynched as people will realize it's not worth keeping you alive until later on. (Although a counterpoint to this is kushmasta's baffling lategame survival rate despite his play every game.)


it was actually pretty necessary considering I had work all day that day and wouldn't be able to properly defend myself before the deadline. Would have lost a blue for no reason, but I digress this is pretty off-topic.

As I've said multiple times to anyone that takes that route when approaching me - If you don't like my play, so be it, but don't try to make it alignment indicative.


Your primary concern should be to lynch scum, not your own survival. End of story. I am aware that is not indicative of you being scum or town because that's just the way you play, but it's part of the reason why people haven't found you particularly useful in many of the games we have played together.


I believe I've asked you this before, Vayne in other games. What do you plan on doing to help town win this game besides defending yourself? Why should you not be considered a policy lynch in future games?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
June 18 2013 00:54 GMT
#1656
On June 18 2013 09:39 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 09:33 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 09:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 09:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Vayne I apologize for saying this in advance because I don't put much faith in it as a heuristic, but you're certainly pulling one of those 'the lady doth protest too much' deals on me here. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I don't know what I'm going to find when I dive you, and I'm not doing so just because I think you'll turn up scummy. In fact if you're ever looked into any of my filter-diving analysis, much of it pulling up points that can be thought of from either alignment and turning to the thread for assistance.

This is a stupid question, but why are you so concerned?


I haven't been mislynched yet, and I plan to keep it that way.

Yes but there's a difference in how we play when we're about to get mislynched. (Which, as you've said, does not happen in the end.)
Your play is very self-centered and you're always out for survival, even when it's not arguably necessary (see your cop claim in I Swear). When I was about to get mislynched as GravityMan I didn't spout defense after defense, because you can still win a game even after being mislynched if you provide something that helps the town kill scum after you're gone. Your primary concern should be to lynch scum, not your own survival. End of story. I am aware that is not indicative of you being scum or town because that's just the way you play, but it's part of the reason why people haven't found you particularly useful in many of the games we have played together.

Eventually I imagine if you keep up your behaviour the way it has been you'd be the type of person to get policy lynched as people will realize it's not worth keeping you alive until later on. (Although a counterpoint to this is kushmasta's baffling lategame survival rate despite his play every game.)


it was actually pretty necessary considering I had work all day that day and wouldn't be able to properly defend myself before the deadline. Would have lost a blue for no reason, but I digress this is pretty off-topic.

As I've said multiple times to anyone that takes that route when approaching me - If you don't like my play, so be it, but don't try to make it alignment indicative.


Show nested quote +
Your primary concern should be to lynch scum, not your own survival. End of story. I am aware that is not indicative of you being scum or town because that's just the way you play, but it's part of the reason why people haven't found you particularly useful in many of the games we have played together.


I believe I've asked you this before, Vayne in other games. What do you plan on doing to help town win this game besides defending yourself? Why should you not be considered a policy lynch in future games?


If people didn't think I was scummy every game I would be able to do other things besides defend myself how about that? When people get better at scumhunting maybe I will find time to write about other stuff.

This doesn't pertain to this game at all so it is pretty off topic. If people want to policy lynch me, go ahead! won't make me or you any better at this game.
I come in for the scraps
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 18 2013 00:59 GMT
#1657
On June 18 2013 09:54 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 09:39 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 09:33 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 09:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 18 2013 09:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 18 2013 08:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Vayne I apologize for saying this in advance because I don't put much faith in it as a heuristic, but you're certainly pulling one of those 'the lady doth protest too much' deals on me here. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I don't know what I'm going to find when I dive you, and I'm not doing so just because I think you'll turn up scummy. In fact if you're ever looked into any of my filter-diving analysis, much of it pulling up points that can be thought of from either alignment and turning to the thread for assistance.

This is a stupid question, but why are you so concerned?


I haven't been mislynched yet, and I plan to keep it that way.

Yes but there's a difference in how we play when we're about to get mislynched. (Which, as you've said, does not happen in the end.)
Your play is very self-centered and you're always out for survival, even when it's not arguably necessary (see your cop claim in I Swear). When I was about to get mislynched as GravityMan I didn't spout defense after defense, because you can still win a game even after being mislynched if you provide something that helps the town kill scum after you're gone. Your primary concern should be to lynch scum, not your own survival. End of story. I am aware that is not indicative of you being scum or town because that's just the way you play, but it's part of the reason why people haven't found you particularly useful in many of the games we have played together.

Eventually I imagine if you keep up your behaviour the way it has been you'd be the type of person to get policy lynched as people will realize it's not worth keeping you alive until later on. (Although a counterpoint to this is kushmasta's baffling lategame survival rate despite his play every game.)


it was actually pretty necessary considering I had work all day that day and wouldn't be able to properly defend myself before the deadline. Would have lost a blue for no reason, but I digress this is pretty off-topic.

As I've said multiple times to anyone that takes that route when approaching me - If you don't like my play, so be it, but don't try to make it alignment indicative.


Your primary concern should be to lynch scum, not your own survival. End of story. I am aware that is not indicative of you being scum or town because that's just the way you play, but it's part of the reason why people haven't found you particularly useful in many of the games we have played together.


I believe I've asked you this before, Vayne in other games. What do you plan on doing to help town win this game besides defending yourself? Why should you not be considered a policy lynch in future games?


If people didn't think I was scummy every game I would be able to do other things besides defend myself how about that? When people get better at scumhunting maybe I will find time to write about other stuff.

This doesn't pertain to this game at all so it is pretty off topic. If people want to policy lynch me, go ahead! won't make me or you any better at this game.

Of course it pertains to this game. You blame other people for your own scumhunting shortcomings ingame; you did so in I Swear. You shouldn't be giving a shit about what other people think of you; hell you've even said you don't give a shit what other people think about you but your play always ALWAYS belies that you actually do care. If you truly didn't care you'd let people say what they want and you'd go out and prove yourself through your actions. Which you never do, hence having to resort to things like shitty cop claims.

This discussion is helping me a great deal with my meta analysis btw, so thanks.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 18 2013 01:03 GMT
#1658
On June 06 2013 10:32 VayneAuthority wrote:
Oh I see so we will actually have to waste a lynch on me at some point. That's unfortunate. Bad luck but it happens.

He picked me and JJD to protect him from dying, not really the best defense but w/e I guess that's just WIFOM

Can you explain this, please?
Where is JJD even mentioned in Rayn's filter?
How exactly does Rayn giving you a townread protect him from dying? I still really don't see it. Giving someone a townread is probably one of the worst ways I can think of to try and protect yourself from a mislynch. You think if Rayn gave me a townread I'd just fold and say "Oh well, Rayn thinks I'm town, and he's right, therefore he must not be scum?"

I really don't follow your thought process here at all.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 18 2013 01:03 GMT
#1659
Oh and if anybody else feels like contributing and/or showing up, by all means, please.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 18 2013 01:14 GMT
#1660
On June 08 2013 04:15 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2013 04:14 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On June 08 2013 04:11 VayneAuthority wrote:
He said I was town because he was trying to buddy up people outside of the mafia to get the lynch changed, he did the same thing with JJD. This isn't that complicated.
????


Read rayne's filter and it will become apparent

Even JJD was confused. It's not apparent at all.

On June 08 2013 03:57 VayneAuthority wrote:
Im pretty much confirmed town after rayne flipped red, anyone pushing on me reminds me of goodkarma from the les mis game, except im goodkarma this game.

Like....wtf IS this.
I truly don't understand how your mind works, Vayne.
I've been trying to read Les Mafia from the town perspective and, like I've stated before, you try harder and look townier in that game than any other game you've played in thus far.
Why on god's green earth would you think a Rayn red flip where he names you town makes you confirmed town?

Your play in general is a clear indication for you being town this game (and it certainly should have been clear in I Swear but then you do things like YOLOshoot a town Oats) but I worry because I know you've become aware of your meta on this site. It's stuff like this that is going to force you to become a policy lynch in games that people (or at least I) play with you.

Still reading.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 97 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft343
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox384
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5262
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 804
shahzam539
JimRising 418
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe212
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie763
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 14m
Online Event
11h 14m
FEL
16h 14m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 14m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.